Can't make up my mind. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Can't make up my mind.

B_RAD
12-02-2012, 10:25
I've got the itch for a .22lr rifle. Can't make up my mind if I want a Ruger 10/22 TD or a Savage MKII w/bull barrel. I know these are two differnt animals but I'm having a hard time deciding if I want rapid fire/lightweight/less accurate over more accuracy/more of a pain to lug around. The prices are roughly the same, around $350. The Savage comes w/Bushnell 3X9 and a nice laminated stock. I plan on using for small game and plinking. I would bet the Savage would be quite a bit more accurate. I don't want to mod so out of the box is what I'm looking for. I've looked at others, i.e. Marlin, CZ, and may go with CZ if I can find one for the same $. I may just flip a coin.

Any opinions of this apples to oranges comparison?

CMG
12-02-2012, 12:07
If Savage is on the list, take a good look at the Mk II FV-SR model.

Over-sized bolt handle, 16.5" lightly fluted heavy contour barrel, threaded 1/2-28 and comes with the EGW pic rail... just add the scope of your choice.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/pb9x19/History/SMKIIFVSRnik.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/pb9x19/SAMkIIFVSRbt.jpg

RedNine
12-02-2012, 12:29
CZ 455 - $366 at Bud's Guns

Rhema
12-02-2012, 14:33
I have a Savage MK II BV that is amazing to shoot. With CCI SV, it will stay in 1/2 in. groups all day long. It is consistant enough to be almost boring.

The 10/22 is a fine rifle, but out of the box you can't expect it to perform like that...but they are FUN to blast with. They can be made to shoot that well, but it will take upgrading the barrel, doing some trigger work, and a decent scope.

For out of the box accuracy, go Savage, for out of the box fun, go Ruger! Or get both like I did!

B_RAD
12-02-2012, 18:56
Well, I went to Cabelas and walked out just as undecided as I did when I walked in. They have a CZ 452 Trainer but it's in .17HMR so that's a no go. They also had the 10/22 TD in stock but I couldn't make up my mind so I walked out empty handed. The Savage they have would be great but I really want a CZ too. The Trainer looks cool and I like the milatary open sights but I think if you add a scope you'd have to mount it high to miss the rear sight and you wouldn't get a cheek weld. Buds does have some CZ 455's in stock so I might just order one from them.