Really ? !! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Really ? !!

acaligunner
12-02-2012, 13:37
So, this morning I am heading out the door to bring
Back some RX medicine ( for my kid ) and run into
This little problem.

My spider sense goes in overdrive and I start thinking WTH!
What is this? Home Invasion, or a drunk Mezcan! ( haha ). I go back
Inside and call the po-po. They are not coming out- they
Transfer me to parking enforcement, but they want a
License number. So I head out there and knock on the truck- no ones there.

So I give them the number and they say they
Will come out. Well 45 minutes later I call the PD and speak
To an officer ( who knows me ) , and he tries to get someone
To come out, I get transferred again and the lady ( again ) -
Tells me they can't come out and call traffic enforcement
Again.

Well- another 45 minutes goes by and the parking enforecment
Arrives. Do you want it towed. YES! They run some numbers
And found out the owner lives on the next block. Man this is
Really LAME. Why would someone park like this?

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg538/toocm/62C0920A-D9D0-4433-ACD0-9022C00680A0-10929-0000088340E33487.jpg

Finally got towed 5 minutes ago. Posted from my cell

Jonesee
12-02-2012, 13:46
Odds are he is past due on the payments and he is thinking, or sure, the repo man is looking for his truck.

It is a common strategy for people to trying to hide their vehicles like that. If the repo man has been in the business longer than 90 days he knows the trick and will drive a several square block area.

Or was totally drunk and just parked it where he found a spot the night before...

RonS
12-02-2012, 13:47
Came home drunk last night.

You are really Eurodriver and the Old Lady from Hades drives an F150.

Someone needs glasses.

acaligunner
12-02-2012, 13:50
So they park their truck in front of the driveway?
Don't they know that the property owner would call
The cops/parking enforcement, and have it towed?

I am confused why hide it I front of a driveway and not
A better location.

BEER
12-02-2012, 13:53
looks like a party on your street somewhere. when i lived in pasadena i'd see that crap all the time.

it was the damnedest thing but i somehow always accidentally left a box of 1.5 inch wood screws on the tailgate of my truck when i left work and the bump at the end of my drive always knocked it off into the road. i wrote little post it notes to myself, left myself voicemails on my cell, i tried all sorts of ways to remind myself not to leave those pesky screws on the tailgate but i always forgot anyway, especially on friday and saturday nights.

INJoker
12-02-2012, 14:00
Had the truck mysteriously started fire, I'm betting the po-po would have come right-quick.

:cool:

Averageman
12-02-2012, 14:05
If you owned a 25 year old Dodge Power Wagon you could have made it over the hood with little damage to the trcuk at all.
Your Power Wagon I mean.
What would have happened in an emergency? I hope that dude gets hammered for that.

Annoyedgrunt
12-02-2012, 14:09
Odds are he is past due on the payments and he is thinking, or sure, the repo man is looking for his truck.

It is a common strategy for people to trying to hide their vehicles like that. If the repo man has been in the business longer than 90 days he knows the trick and will drive a several square block area.

This doesn't make any kind of discernible sense.

"I don't want the repo man to take my truck, so I'll park it in such a manner that will almost guarantee it gets towed."

WTF? :dunno:

Sneegrl
12-02-2012, 14:12

vart
12-02-2012, 14:15
What is this? Home Invasion, or a drunk Mezcan! ( haha ).

I see nothing to indicate that truck is owned by a Mexican...

The rims are stock and not sticking out past the fenders, and it isn't lowered...:whistling:

Now, if THIS was blocking your driveway, then you could suspect a "drunk mezcan"...

http://drawinghotrods.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/p3173609.jpg

INJoker
12-02-2012, 14:22
If you owned a 25 year old Dodge Power Wagon you could have made it over the hood with little damage to the trcuk at all.
Your Power Wagon I mean.
What would have happened in an emergency? I hope that dude gets hammered for that.

Around here, you find a lot of big old redneck trucks that people buy for $1,200 in November and sell for $1,000 in April.

I think it would be worth the $1,200 to "move" his vehicle with my winter truck.

:supergrin:

Lone_Wolfe
12-02-2012, 14:25
:headscratch:

12-02-2012, 14:25
Why can't a regular tow company be called?

CaptCave
12-02-2012, 14:26
If it was my driveway, it would have probably been vandalized before it was towed...:whistling: on four flat tires:wavey:

acaligunner
12-02-2012, 14:33
I see nothing to indicate that truck is owned by a Mexican...

The rims are stock and not sticking out past the fenders, and it isn't lowered...:whistling:

Now, if THIS was blocking your driveway, then you could suspect a "drunk mezcan"...

http://drawinghotrods.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/p3173609.jpg

I hear ya, There are a lot of mezcans here, I'm mexican- just thought maybe someone had to many cervezas, and they where knocked out in the truck.

I knocked on the truck and shell, but no was in there. I am also kinda confused as to why they parked like this when there was parking last night as well as the morning. :dunno:

I don't know what else to think about this, as it is really out there.

I have a 04 truck, but the way they make trucks now - I would have done a lot of damage to it, now my dad's 77 pick up, it would have done a better job moving that thing out.
:tongueout:

Batesmotel
12-02-2012, 14:37

I was a landlord. I had to deal with this crap. Sometimes they would not tow unless it had been ticketed first. That clears them of any wrongdoing.

acaligunner
12-02-2012, 14:37

IDK?

I called the police first, ( because the whole situation just seemed weird ), but they didn't want to come out. So they transfered the call to Parking enforcement.

They took my addy, and then said they would be out. 45 minutes later I called the PD that my neighborhood is working with, and they tried to get a car out here, but the officer that he transfered me to, said no deal.

So I called traffic enforcement again, and they said they where working on it.

acaligunner
12-02-2012, 14:38
If it was my driveway, it would have probably been vandalized before it was towed...:whistling: on four flat tires:wavey:

:rofl:

tous
12-02-2012, 14:48
You live in California, amigo.
It isn't your driveway.
That interloping vehicles gets its fair share of the space, you facist.
And if a spotted owl flies over the truck blocking the community driveway, it will be declared a propected habitat and it can never be moved again.

:tongueout:
:supergrin:

deputy tom
12-02-2012, 14:52
Had the truck mysteriously started fire, I'm betting the po-po would have come right-quick.

:cool:

I agree! tom.:supergrin:

*ASH*
12-02-2012, 15:07
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/KK_Koala/1304767239843-1.jpg

devildog2067
12-02-2012, 15:11
"I have no idea how all the tires got flat, officer. It was like that when I found it. Maybe that's why he had to leave it at the end of my driveway."

glockfanbob
12-02-2012, 15:26
I like the mustang behind it. That is all.

Jonesee
12-02-2012, 15:48
This doesn't make any kind of discernible sense.

"I don't want the repo man to take my truck, so I'll park it in such a manner that will almost guarantee it gets towed."

WTF? :dunno:

I didn't realize at first he had blocked the driveway. Leaving a vehicle a couple of blocks away is very common when people are trying to keep the car from the repo man.