How many of you took my advice and purchased a Ronco Rotisserie? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How many of you took my advice and purchased a Ronco Rotisserie?

Detectorist
12-02-2012, 14:20
I know you didn't.

I'm sitting here enjoying some of the juiciest chicken on this Earth.

Get one, you won't regret it.

LASTRESORT20
12-02-2012, 14:29
Your right...I didnt....:) But got me wondering...and hungry...Thanks!:supergrin:

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4950268436021569&pid=15.1

Shinytop
12-02-2012, 14:33
Had one a couple of years ago. The thing is a huge source of heat. Cannot use it on a kitchen counter, too hot for the cabinets above. I got mine from QVC and returned it within the authorized time for refund.

Russ in PA
12-02-2012, 14:45
Set it & forget it!

relayman
12-02-2012, 14:54
We had one . Worked great but it took up a lot of room . The novelty wore off and we gave it away .

napp32
12-02-2012, 15:09
I know you didn't.

......some of the juiciest chicken on this Earth.

I hate raw chicken.

Detectorist
12-02-2012, 15:11
I hate raw chicken.

Wait a minute..aren't you an Airborne Ranger? ... :cool:

Heckler&Koch
12-02-2012, 15:15
http://i45.tinypic.com/35bgps8.jpg

Lady Glock
12-02-2012, 16:27
I have owned mine since 1998. I love how juicy the chicken comes out as well as how crispy and golden the skin is. The flavor is better than any other chicken I've ever had. I store it above my cabinets when not in use and make sure I pull it out from under the cabinets when I'm using it so the cabinets don't get to overheated. I haven't had any problems with it yet and don't expect I will.

TBO
12-02-2012, 16:32
I've eaten food from them & found it good & juicy.

Since I picked up a grill that cooks with wood pellets my interest in picking one up went away (3 yrs now).

Sent from the toe of my jack boot using Tapatalk 2

Adjuster
12-02-2012, 17:14
I don't have the Ronco but I do have a convection oven with built in rotisserie. I am still learning how to use it but so far some pretty great chicken and beef have come out of it. Somehow rotisserie makes everything better.

/

vettely
12-02-2012, 17:29
My parents wore theirs out. They just got a new one last week from the PX on sale. Chicken and pork are awesome cooked in it.

zoyter2
12-02-2012, 18:20
I have a new one that I bought in a yard sale last year. Never used it, but after this thread, I might have to fire it up this week.

Detectorist
12-02-2012, 18:59
I have a new one that I bought in a yard sale last year. Never used it, but after this thread, I might have to fire it up this week.

Yea, look up the instructions on the web site. One thing to be careful of, their cooking times for chicken are way off. They recommend 15min/Lb. I've found that no more than 13min/lb much more accurate. Enough to give you juicy, tender, chicken.

The only condiment I use is some seasoned salt.

Use a meat thermometer. Once the parts reach 165-170, it's done!!

sbstudley
12-02-2012, 19:05
I know you didn't.

I have cooked a few chickens in my day. Buy a thermometer cook the chicken to 160 degrees (oven, grill, whatever) it will be perfect every time.....Every time. I Gaurentee!

Steve

onebigelf
12-02-2012, 19:06
I have 2, a large and the small size. They are awesome. Aside from chicken it also makes the best:
Turkey up to about 12-14 lbs. As good as fried and muck less hassle.
Pork roasts.
Shish-kabobs- I love the way it rotates them a 1/4 turn each rotation.
Roasted/grilled veggies.
And, hands down the best leg of lamb anywhere. Salt, garlic, fresh rosemary.
It also makes freakin incredible roast duck. Put new or fingerling potatoes in the bottom and rotate them periodically. They roast while being basted in the duck fat.

John

GreenDrake
12-02-2012, 19:10
Spatchcock it and smoke it. Nom nom nom

Monte4283
12-02-2012, 19:45
My inlaws gave the us one about ten years ago. Use the heck out of the thing. Cornish hens are our favorite. We also love to use the vegetable steamer on the top.

ETA: I also like to take the larger basket and pack it full of chicken wings and baste them with louisiana hot sauce.

FPS
12-02-2012, 21:26
Spatchcock it and smoke it. Nom nom nom

this...on my primo.

TheVeryIdea
12-02-2012, 21:40
My daughter gave me a toaster oven with a rotisserie for Christmas a few years ago. The chicken that comes out of it is so tender that the drumstick comes off clean if I'm not careful when I'm carving it.

I like the functionality of being able to bake, roast, toast, and can cook a small pizza, too.

Drain You
12-02-2012, 22:54
Ronco Rotisseries cause global warming.

Peace Warrior
12-02-2012, 23:14
Well, one things' for sure, I never thought I'd see a thread on GT with this title, "How many of you took my advice and purchased a Ronco Rotisserie?"

all hail GNG! :tongueout: :rofl:

ditto1958
12-02-2012, 23:36
I had one a few years ago and cooked a few chickens on it. To be honest I never really liked the results. I sold it on Craigslist before moving to LA.

I used to love watching the infomercials for it.

One thing I never tried was a rib roast. I did some Internet research and people seemed to really rave about their results.

rednoved
12-02-2012, 23:48
I haven't used mine in a couple of years. I was actually looking at it today and thinking I need start using it some more.

Heckler&Koch
12-03-2012, 00:03
^hey noob why are you using my avatar? Someone ban him.

Longhammer
12-03-2012, 03:38
Garage sale special baby! New in the box $20 bucks. Made simple, Carnivore #101. :moo:

Bren
12-03-2012, 04:26
I know you didn't.

I have a George Forman Baby George, but I need a bigger one. Every single thing that goes in it comes out great. It's hard to believe something so simple, with a little electric heating element, can make such a difference in food. You are right about juicy chicken, turkey, etc.

vafish
12-03-2012, 05:02
I've eaten food from them & found it good & juicy.

Since I picked up a grill that cooks with wood pellets my interest in picking one up went away (3 yrs now).

Traeger chicken FTW.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

TBO
12-03-2012, 07:02
Traeger chicken FTW.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Yup.

Dalton Wayne
12-03-2012, 08:21
I've got one and I am in love with it

DanaT
12-03-2012, 09:16
Just out of curiosity, why are these chickens so much better than one that is a rotisserie chicken from the local deli? I would think if I amortize the machine, the time it takes to make the chicken, the price of a chicken, I can buy a whole lot of $5 rotisserie chickens that are already finished.

I am not sure why this machine would be so much better? Or is it simply you get the deli / restaurant quality chicken made at home?

Detectorist
12-03-2012, 11:18
Just out of curiosity, why are these chickens so much better than one that is a rotisserie chicken from the local deli? I would think if I amortize the machine, the time it takes to make the chicken, the price of a chicken, I can buy a whole lot of $5 rotisserie chickens that are already finished.

I am not sure why this machine would be so much better? Or is it simply you get the deli / restaurant quality chicken made at home?

WalMart has a great deli rotisserie chicken. However, Walmart, as well as most other places, tend to overcook them out of an abundance of caution. This doesn't produce the super juicy and tender chicken we can do at home by just cooking them until the internal temp is at a USDA recommended of 165F.

If I had a WalMart next door with a good deli, I probably wouldn't bother to cook myself.

rednoved
12-03-2012, 16:17
^hey noob why are you using my avatar? Someone ban him.

:dunno:

sandlapper1670
12-03-2012, 21:20
I got mine nearly new at an estate auction. Best 5 bucks I ever spent at an auction.

BonoVox
12-03-2012, 23:24
I haven't used mine in a couple of years. I was actually looking at it today and thinking I need start using it some more.

Prime rib from Costco on it two New Years Eves in a row. Sooooooo good!M!