City: Give Us Your Guns, Get A Free Flu Shot - And A Wegman's Gift Card [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : City: Give Us Your Guns, Get A Free Flu Shot - And A Wegman's Gift Card

ERASER
12-02-2012, 15:16
http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams-jr/city-give-us-your-guns-get-free-flu-shot-and-wegmans-gift-card

Glockgeezer
12-02-2012, 15:28
Get a flu shot, wow! Turn in my guns and get a 9mm shot from a criminal. Let me see, which would I rather have?

stolenphot0
12-02-2012, 15:32
I will give anyone here the $25 so they can get a flu shot, if they give me their guns. PM me for shipping instructions. :whistling:

Damn, y'all are just too smart. It's irresputible. :rofl:

OlliesRevenge
12-02-2012, 15:35
Nauseating. Give your up your "liberty teeth" to the local gov't -- and get in return... a gift card so you can buy consumer crap you don't need, and flu shot loaded with chemical crap you also don't need.

CanMan
12-02-2012, 15:45
From the article: "Also, individuals who bring guns directly from home to the police station will be granted amnesty if they are not properly licensed."

Speaks volumes!

We're from the Gov't and we're here to help. Trust us.

arclight610
12-02-2012, 15:50
$75 for a semi-automatic. Not a bad deal if looking to turn in a bunch of old beat up semi auto .22 rifles.

concretefuzzynuts
12-02-2012, 15:55
$75 for a semi-automatic. Not a bad deal if looking to turn in a bunch of old beat up semi auto .22 rifles.

I'd rather keep them.

nursetim
12-02-2012, 15:58
People that would fall for this probably shouldn't be armed anyway.

cowboywannabe
12-02-2012, 16:30
people that would fall for this probably shouldn't be armed anyway.

exactly!

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-02-2012, 16:46
Don't forget stores now get your ID to prevent gift card money laundering.

Glad that the police, "doctors," and retailers are protecting me.

DaneA
12-02-2012, 16:53
I wish I lived closer. I would buy all I could before they turned them in.

smokin762
12-02-2012, 16:58
I could only imagine how many stolen guns or guns used in crimes get turned in. Then destroyed. :faint:

Angry Fist
12-02-2012, 17:09
I wish I lived closer. I would buy all I could before they turned them in.
No ****. I'd run out to the bank and pull 5 grand in c'zash! Even hire a coulpa dancing girls and a clown.

THEPOPE
12-02-2012, 17:19
Shoulda said ' turn in any gun you can steal, or any that have a dubious history of ownership, or any that could be connected to a crime, not by YOU, of course....'

Could be an incentive to go ahead and steal that useless jam-o-matic firearm you've mebbe had your eye on....

'get rid of a problem gun and get rewarded amnesty program...'

I am out, on my way to a sweet trade-in....:cool:

PEC-Memphis
12-03-2012, 07:09
The city of Worcester, Massachusetts is asking citizens to bring their weapons to the police department next weekend as part of the city's annual "Goods for Guns Buyback Program."

How can the city buy them back, if they never sold them?

This would be a "buy" program. If a citizen in Worcester, Massachusetts purchased 40 guns "no-questions-asked" on a single day, do you think that the local authorities and the ATF would think that they are avoiding the background check? What if they are from a different state? Maybe they should be required to go through an FFL - support a local small business at the same time.

certifiedfunds
12-03-2012, 07:12
This is really funny:

The value of the gift depends on the type of gun. For example, a long rifle earns a $25 gift certificate; handguns earn a $50 gift certificate, and a semiautomatic weapon, a $75 gift certificate.

Now we can clearly see which weapons they fear the most.

kirgi08
12-03-2012, 11:08
No ****. I'd run out to the bank and pull 5 grand in c'zash! Even hire a coulpa dancing girls and a clown.

What kinda of a use trail would the "sale" entail.I don't mind profit.Brains is far more profitable.'08. :shame:

Jeremy_K
12-03-2012, 11:28

There's a Youtube video of someone doing just that. They were parked up the road from the place that was collecting the guns and offering twice as much cash. The guy had a trunk full of guns.

dango
12-03-2012, 11:32
I'm 60 years old and never had a flu shot in my life ! I even refuse when asked .
With the certificate , they should also give you an extra large poster stating , "Yes ,We are Deffencless" !

PS: Eat dirt and don't be so sterile ,(NATURAL IMMUNE SYSTEM) ?

concretefuzzynuts
12-03-2012, 13:49
There's a Youtube video of someone doing just that. They were parked up the road from the place that was collecting the guns and offering twice as much cash. The guy had a trunk full of guns.

Detroit Police Gun Buy-Back Gets Competition - Citizens Make Better Offers - YouTube