SPORTS WRITER: 2nd Amendment to Blame... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SPORTS WRITER: 2nd Amendment to Blame...

ERASER
12-02-2012, 15:25
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jovan-belcher-kansas-city-chiefs-murder-suicide-tragedy-girlfriend-self-leave-orphan-daughter-why-still-playing-sunday-120112

Hurricanes
12-02-2012, 16:07
I don't understand the reasoning behind, "if he didn't have a gun this wouldn't have happened." It's a joke. We have no idea what mental state he was in, for all we know he could've stabbed her to death. Then we could've blamed the stabbing on the Food Network.
-Joel

Averageman
12-02-2012, 16:17
Yeah blame the gun, I'm sure the spoiled rotten way he was brought through the system ahd nothing to do with him feeling he had the "right" to take someones life.
Aparently sniffing jocks kills brain cells.

ithaca_deerslayer
12-02-2012, 16:17
Like he couldn't have killed her without a gun.

concretefuzzynuts
12-02-2012, 16:20
Twenty-eight hours after witnessing one of his starting linebackers take his life, Crennel will stand on the sideline as young men play a violent game. Twenty-eight hours after one of their best friends killed the mother of his child and himself, Chiefs players will take the field and play a violent game.

Who is the Nancy who wrote this?

bowtie454
12-02-2012, 16:26
Certainly. An NFL linebacker is completely incapable of killing someone, especially a woman, with his bare hands.

vikingsoftpaw
12-02-2012, 19:54
The author's comments about 2nd Amendment were off the mark.

Much more is at play here...

There was a guy from my high school Alma Mater that had the talent to go straight to the NBA from high school. It is not an accident that he had 10 kids by the end of his junior year. Females can smell money. Just think if they can get their cut of a multi-million dollar NBA signing bonus

Every female knows all she has to do is pop out a 'balllers baby and she's set for life. At 22 years old she would still be very much a party girl, still interested in chasing wiener. This person is incompatible with settling down and being the stay at home wife.

The dude realized he got played and offed her.

There was case similar to this, minus the money and fame from my old neighborhood. Dude was living with a chick, he lost job due to the economy. She said she lost that loving feeling. His UI ran out, she gave him a couple of week to move out. He realized he was played...and strangled her to death.

The lesson here is don't let you ****rule your life.

iLift45's
12-02-2012, 20:01

There was a guy from my high school Alma Mater that had the talent to go straight to the NBA from high school. It is not an accident that he had 10 kids by the end of his junior year. Females can smell money. Just think if they can get their cut of a multi-million dollar NBA signing bonus

Every female knows all she has to do is pop out a 'balllers baby and she's set for life. At 22 years old she would still be very much a party girl, still interested in chasing wiener. This person is incompatible with settling down and being the stay at home wife.

There was case similar to this, minus the money and fame from my old neighborhood. Dude was living with a chick, he lost job due to the economy. She said she lost that loving feeling. His UI ran out, she gave him a couple of week to move out. He realized he was played...and strangled her to death.

I just literally laughed out loud, but you are right.

glockfanbob
12-02-2012, 20:06
NFL and Bob Costas apparently think it's ok to make statements about how a handgun is to blame. How about they question the connection between players taking hits to the head while playing as well as the mentality one needs to play such a physical game like football in how it could relate to poor anger management off of the field.

Many suicides from NFL players, not all even involve guns. Ban the NFL.

janice6
12-02-2012, 20:10
Let's have a wake and celebrate the life of an athlete that killed a woman and then himself, after a lifetime of coaches telling him to "never give up".

Yeah, that sounds like the right thing to do.

This used to be called Murder.

coastal4974
12-02-2012, 20:11
Costas just read that on SNF half time.

Why oh why did that gun do those awful things. I guess I should blame the TV set for the crap that's on it.

ICARRY2
12-02-2012, 20:25
Maybe Costas should go live in Syria for a while, so he can watch the government kill its UNARMED citizens and maybe rethink his position.

Scott3670
12-02-2012, 20:45
Maybe Costas should go live in Syria for a while, so he can watch the government kill its UNARMED citizens and maybe rethink his position.

I'll chip in for his plane ticket. One-way, of course.

brisk21
12-02-2012, 20:52
Nasty email sent to Mr. Jason Whitlock. He is such an idiot. I've read other articles of his, and his stupitity doesn't stop with firearms and personal defense.

Peace Warrior
12-02-2012, 21:02
The powers that be want every law abiding citizens' gun(s).

We knew this was going to occur shortly after soetoro was reelected. The two party political system is being run by those that want your guns folks. They have all the time, money, and patience in the world. They will take them from you inch by inch if doing it yard by yard proves too troublesome. Such as in 1993 for example.

ETA: Said all that to say this: They are after the hearts and minds of the voters who are living off of the Middle Class Americans' taxes by way of the welfare system the two party political system created.

Hey, everyone watches football right? The unsaid, unmentioned choice and message being presented to the unlearned and unpatriotic is on this wise; namely, "We" can have guns, or "We" can have football, but it is just too dangerous and stupid to have both.

97XJ_Sport
12-02-2012, 21:08
NFL and Bob Costas apparently think it's ok to make statements about how a handgun is to blame. How about they question the connection between players taking hits to the head while playing as well as the mentality one needs to play such a physical game like football in how it could relate to poor anger management off of the field.

Many suicides from NFL players, not all even involve guns. Ban the NFL.

NFL had nothing to do with the statements. blame Costas and NBC.

mrmedina
12-02-2012, 21:46
http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=3725&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=foxsports-hack-blames-2nd-amendment-not-kc-chiefs-killer

concretefuzzynuts
12-02-2012, 21:51
http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=3725&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=foxsports-hack-blames-2nd-amendment-not-kc-chiefs-killer

Jason Whitlock wouldn’t know liberty even if she had 38DDs and was wearing stripper shoes.

I see Whitlock has 38DDs himself.

Peace Warrior
12-02-2012, 22:12
NFL had nothing to do with the statements. blame Costas and NBC.
And let's not forget to blame the shooter somewhere in there too.

racerford
12-02-2012, 22:46
....... The unsaid, unmentioned choice and message being presented to the unlearned and unpatriotic is on this wise; namely, "We" can have guns, or "We" can have football, but it is just too dangerous and stupid to have both.

In that case, I vote "We" give up football. Football won't protect my family or this country.

RyanBDawg
12-02-2012, 22:50
Cowards don't deserve pity or protection. Anyone who advocates that people aren't responsible for their own actions is a coward.

NEOH212
12-02-2012, 22:52
SPORTS WRITER: 2nd Amendment to Blame...

Yea sure. A principality or a inanimate object are always to blame. Stupid people hell bent on destruction and lawlessness are always irrelevant.

So lets just ban guns and all our problems will just magically go away.

:upeyes::upeyes::upeyes::upeyes:

:faint:

Peace Warrior
12-02-2012, 22:55
In that case, I vote "We" give up football. Football won't protect my family or this country.
Won't bother me to say bye-bye to the NFL, and if done correctly, it will mean a lot more money for college football programs.

Drain You
12-02-2012, 22:57
The Yahoo article I read when it was breaking news had the mayor of KC saying something about "handguns everywhere people blowing others and themselves away it has got to stop" etc.

Averageman
12-03-2012, 04:44
Rather than subject the process in which players are allowed to move through a H.S., College and Pro system that holds them unaccountable for grades, lifestyle choices and legal ramification for their actions, lets blame a gun.
Yeah it was the gun, not the total homoerotic adoration of sport writers, fans and coaches that allows these morons to move through life without any real guidance anywhere but the playing field. Yeah lets blame a piece of metal and plastic.
Rather than holding young men more accountable for their actions from the time they step on the field, lets make excuses for them. We overlook the thug lifestyle, the drugs, the off the field violence, the multiple baby momma's all in the name of sport, yeah; lets blame the gun.
You made Frankenstien, why are you surprised when he acts like this?

Lonestar 48
12-03-2012, 06:43
Somebody just wrote in to Fox news and and said "Don't blame Costas, blame the microphone."

mgs
12-03-2012, 06:49
I guess the drugs and alcohol played no part.

220-9er
12-03-2012, 06:53
Another news article yesterday said he shot her 19 times. So this guy thinks he wouldn't have done the same with a knife or his fists if he didn't have a gun?

gwalchmai
12-03-2012, 08:28
Football is the opiate of the masses. Anyone trying to find intelligent comments by its worshipers is likely to be disappointed.

Dubble-Tapper
12-03-2012, 11:27

did the guy not make it? i dont think he did.

the only HS-NBA draftee from Ohio would be Lebron, and he only has 2 kids.

Peace Warrior
12-03-2012, 16:59
I guess the drugs and alcohol played no part.
Naw, IMO, I'm sure costas had a few drinks, make that quite a few drinks, before his anti-American rant on behalf of whitlock.

ithaca_deerslayer
12-03-2012, 18:45
Somebody just wrote in to Fox news and and said "Don't blame Costas, blame the microphone."

That is a good one :)

CharlieDelta127
12-03-2012, 20:02
For anyone interested, this is NBC's mailing address:

NBC News
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, N.Y. 10112

vikingsoftpaw
12-03-2012, 21:24
did the guy not make it? i dont think he did.

the only HS-NBA draftee from Ohio would be Lebron, and he only has 2 kids.

He had to move around, too much babymama drama. The last I heard he was in Virginia. I don't think he made the cut.

Harper
12-03-2012, 21:35
I read that the suicide rate in the NFL is six times higher than the national average.

http://www.gamesover.org/retirement/when_the_cheering_stops

Fox
12-04-2012, 01:13
It's not "gun crime", but it's easy to see why some have to project.

Peace Warrior
12-04-2012, 02:36
Ban microphones! It's for the children...

AZ DBLTRBL
12-04-2012, 03:22
Funny, but I remember another football player who killed his significant other...and not a gun in sight. Huh!

Zombie Steve
12-04-2012, 08:17
Jason Whitlock has worked for the KC Star since I lived there 15 years ago. He's a hack working for a newspaper that is a complete rag.

oceanwarrior
12-04-2012, 10:17
One of my co-workers is a die-hard football fanatic and a young innocent liberal.

He was running his mouth yesterday at lunch about the gun causing the suicide,guns bad,you don't need a gun,etc.

I finally had enough and said "Don't forget the 2nd amendment is there to protect the 1st amendment".

He gave me a funny look and asked "What's the first amendment?".

In front of all gathered,I told him "It's the right of Freedom of speech and the press,which enables Idiot sports writers and fools like you to write or say whatever you want without fear of goverment oppression or censorship".

It got REAL quiet all of a sudden and I just stood up and went back to my work area.

He just apologized to me this morning,he had thought about it long and hard last night,also did some research on history,and came to the conclusion that once the people get disarmed,all the other rights can or may be stripped soon.

My next project will be to take him shooting one day!

oceanwarrior

Harper
12-04-2012, 12:18
One of my co-workers is a die-hard football fanatic and a young innocent liberal.

He was running his mouth yesterday at lunch about the gun causing the suicide,guns bad,you don't need a gun,etc.

I finally had enough and said "Don't forget the 2nd amendment is there to protect the 1st amendment".

In front of all gathered,I told him "It's the right of Freedom of speech and the press,which enables Idiot sports writers and fools like you to write or say whatever you want without fear of goverment oppression or censorship".

It got REAL quiet all of a sudden and I just stood up and went back to my work area.

He just apologized to me this morning,he had thought about it long and hard last night,also did some research on history,and came to the conclusion that once the people get disarmed,all the other rights can or may be stripped soon.

oceanwarrior

:shocked:

concretefuzzynuts
12-04-2012, 14:59

oceanwarrior

Excellent. Continue the education.

I also don't hesitate to educate. When we hear ignorance we have an obligation to freedom to help the misinformed know the truth.