My wife told me something sweet and something I never thought about. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My wife told me something sweet and something I never thought about.

JLA
12-02-2012, 17:07
My wife, grandkids and I were putting up the Christmas tree. We were all decorating it and the grandkids had fun.

Now I'm the kind of guy that has to redo the placing of the lights and decorations when it's done so the tree will look just right.

A lot of the ornaments were placed on the tree by the grandkids and when it was done I started to rearange them when they were playing in their room. Then she said it....

"You know, we only have a couple of years when all of the ornaments will be at the bottom of the tree".

That stuck with me and really hit home. I left quite a few ornaments on the bottom half. They do grow up so fast.

Sneegrl
12-02-2012, 17:20

Angry Fist
12-02-2012, 17:24
I will keep this in mind. We finally got a bigger tree this year, as well as all new decorations. Our 3 yo son hopefully won't mess it up too bad. Then after I set it up, the wife and kids are going to throw down on it! I know I'll be glad I got shatterproof ornaments. :supergrin:

Merry Christmas!

Multiple Arms
12-02-2012, 17:49
Kids grow up way too fast. One day they are little and before you know it they are off to college. Sunrise, sunset. :crying:

Then before you know it they graduate and move back home. Just when my wife and I were used to having our own bathrooms. :shocked:

R2D2
12-02-2012, 22:59
Kids grow up way too fast. One day they are little and before you know it they are off to college. Sunrise, sunset. :crying:

Then before you know it they graduate and move back home. Just when my wife and I were used to having our own bathrooms. :shocked:

I got a fix for that either move 1000 miles away or change the locks:rofl:

Inebriated
12-02-2012, 23:02
Actually, as you two grow old and shrink, the ornaments will make their way back down.

Peace Warrior
12-02-2012, 23:05
Good for you OP.

I know of a couple of bedroom doors that have had the same paint job on them for almost 30 years now. :wavey: