How to find info on a company? Other job search tips? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How to find info on a company? Other job search tips?

vart
12-02-2012, 17:16
I'm currently employed at a great company with good pay and benefits.

However, it is 75 miles away, and it is incredibly stressful. I used to think people who complained about excessive stress at work were weak; I've never had a problem with stress or doing a job.

My current job is incredibly stressful. So stressful that it's actually causing health problems. I have nightmares about my job, I wake up and the first thing I think of is how much I hate going to work. I hope every day that I'll get into a bad car wreck so I won't have to go to work... Unbelievable.

So, I've been trying to find something else. I've applied at 3 places in the last 6 months that would be great. I was very qualified for them and never even got an interview.

I applied for The Perfect Job last week and haven't gotten a call or email; just an email acknowledging receipt of my resume.

I figured since the job was so perfect, I would really take some initiative and do the follow up call, maybe stop by the office and introduce myself to let them know I really was motivated to get the job.

Well, the job is with a government contractor that does background investigations on federal employees. I did some looking into the background of the company and a lot of the executives are former CIA and high-end law enforcement officials.

I don't know if they have a local office; no results on the internet, and I can't find any info on who would be in charge of hiring for my position.

Any tips on other sources of info to find out about the company and local contacts?

The company is Keypoint Government Solutions and the job is based out of Prescott, AZ. They have multiple offices in other parts of the country, but nothing locally.

ChuteTheMall
12-02-2012, 17:19
Be patient, they are still studying all of your old Glock Talk posts.

:badpc:

vart
12-02-2012, 17:20
Be patient, they are still studying all of your old Glock Talk posts.

:badpc:
You don't think that bigfoot stuff will count against me, do you? :wow::rofl:

ChuteTheMall
12-02-2012, 17:23
You don't think that bigfoot stuff will count against me, do you? :wow::rofl:

Maybe she's the HR manager.

:shocked:

DaneA
12-02-2012, 17:30
Doesn't look like they have an office in Prescott. According to the job description you have to travel to their HQ for training as well as pay for some of your own training. Also looks like a 1099 job so beware of that.

http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&jobId=4293677&srchIndex=1

vart
12-02-2012, 17:36
Doesn't look like they have an office in Prescott. According to the job description you have to travel to their HQ for training as well as pay for some of your own training. Also looks like a 1099 job so beware of that.

http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&jobId=4293677&srchIndex=1
Apparently, there are two positions there. One is 1099 and the other is with the company.

I would not be interested in the 1099 position...

DaneA
12-02-2012, 17:38
They both seemed to have the same description though.

vart
12-02-2012, 17:40
They both seemed to have the same description though.
This is part of the email I received...

Thank you for submitting your resume for the position of Background Investigator OPM - employee in AZ - Prescott

DaneA
12-02-2012, 17:47
If you want to follow up I would call the HQ and ask for HR. You might be able to clarify the position as well.

Detectorist
12-02-2012, 18:05
Most 'investigator' positions are filled with former LE guys.

I'm sorry to hear of the stress in your job. I know you work for my insurance company and when I call them, they don't appear to be under stress at all.

Regarding company info. Try InfoUSA. Go to their web site and do some searches. You can then narrow them down to what your looking for and then they give you the details such as owner, number of employees, branches, income, stc. Very informative, I would say.