thieves are better than vandals [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : thieves are better than vandals

gjk5
12-02-2012, 17:17
just got back from the cabin, some dirty little a-holes broke in and wrecked the place.

so far the only things that I see missing are a tv (just a 32" westinghouse, no Bravia...) and all the booze.

They broke the window in the back door (glass everywhere), apparently poured juice and tonic all over the floor because everything is stuck to the floor. A few decks of cards, 100 or so poker chips, all of the glass shards etc. Then they decided that throwing spaghetti sauce all over would be neat!

Kicked in the cellar but did not take the generator. Looks like they walked in from the closest gate (500yds?).

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll274/gjk5_photos/2012-12-02_13-11-09_199.jpg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll274/gjk5_photos/2012-12-02_13-10-34_655.jpg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll274/gjk5_photos/2012-12-02_13-10-27_706.jpg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll274/gjk5_photos/2012-12-02_13-10-20_756.jpg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll274/gjk5_photos/2012-12-02_13-10-38_281.jpg

the rural area deputies were cool, it was a pain to get up there and we had to try two routes due to snow, but they said that riding around in the woods in the Polaris crew was way better than their usual work day.

Lone_Wolfe
12-02-2012, 17:22
That sucks, I hope it cleans up OK. Any clues of who the little ****s are that did it?

Angry Fist
12-02-2012, 17:27
Get a rope.

concretefuzzynuts
12-02-2012, 17:31
Game camera.

c01
12-02-2012, 17:38
Sorry that happened Sir. It sucks when people feel the "right" to destroy the fruit of ones labor. Hope all goes well.

D :steamed:

gjk5
12-02-2012, 17:39
Game camera.

put three up today.

This is deep behind multiple gates, I think it is a nearby property owner's teenage kids.

I was thinking about bear traps.......:supergrin:

Lone_Wolfe
12-02-2012, 17:39
Game camera.

Remote controlled rifle.

Hummer
12-02-2012, 17:56
Serious bummer. I hope the sheriff catches them. I firmly believe that burglars should be summarily executed. Probably were young punks who know the area and may be back.

A break in at one neighbor's cabin, the bastards built a campfire on the carpeted living room floor while drinking beers. The building didn't burn down because the fire was pissed out.

I've caught burglars in neighbor cabins twice. They survived only because it wasn't my cabin. Jail isn't enough, IMO.

Cameras. Game cams, hidden and secured, if nothing else. Sorry, my friend.

If you think it's some particular neighbor kids, take photos and talk with the parents. Life can be short for the stupid.

gjk5
12-02-2012, 18:52
nope, no line on which particular kids.

And Hummer: this is up +/- 2 miles East of Vega, no way to get there without keys/combos unless you hike in a good ways.

I have the two old dudes directly adjacent all riled up, so they will be keeping an eye out. Hard to believe they did this during hunting season though, my boss is right down the hill and is running 4-5 guides and a crapton of hunters running ALL over the place in machines, not to mention the other small property owners up there hunting. Hell, if my boss had not offered me a cow hunt on his ground I would have been there when they did it.

The deputies said there has been a rash of them though, from Vega on east to Divide Creek, Buzzard Creek and Owens Creek cabins. But ours is in a BIG pocket of private ground, that's what suprises me.

I guess from a silver lining POV, I DID get to spend an unexpected day on the mountain!

gjk5
12-02-2012, 18:52
Remote controlled rifle.

or claymores.

Line Rider
12-02-2012, 18:56
This is deep behind multiple gates, I think it is a nearby property owner's teenage kids.

Seeing the damage in you pictures teenagers where my first educated guess. Most professional burglars are looking for cash, gold jewlery, gun and TV. Usually they want to be in and out of a house as fast as possible.

glock_19guy1983
12-02-2012, 18:58
Personaly I think thieves should have both arms cut off at the shoulder and then barred from any gov assistance for life. Let the pieces of **** starve or live on the pitty of others.

frank_drebin
12-02-2012, 19:00
Sometimes people just suck ass. I hate that for you brother.

volky
12-02-2012, 19:09
Keep a bottle of Wild Turkey there and half fill it with denatured alcohol/Wild Turkey mix.

LASTRESORT20
12-02-2012, 19:23
or claymores.

Then get a shovel also...

Sorry that happened.....real PITA!...

certifiedfunds
12-02-2012, 20:00
I remember when you bought the place and all of GNG was green with envy. I'm sorry this happened.

Let me ask you: If you were approached by a local LEO who could assure you this wouldn't happen again for a certain monthly cash payment, would you accept his offer?

TK-421
12-02-2012, 20:05
At least that's spaghetti sauce and not blood, I've heard blood is a ***** to clean up.

Peace Warrior
12-02-2012, 20:06
You have (had) a TV at hunting camp?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I agree with the other poster about it probably being juveniles though.

Peace Warrior
12-02-2012, 20:08
At least that's spaghetti sauce and not blood, I've heard blood is a ***** to clean up.
A Hydrogen Peroxide solution of about 10% works well for cleaning up blood.

gjk5
12-02-2012, 20:16
I remember when you bought the place and all of GNG was green with envy. I'm sorry this happened.

Let me ask you: If you were approached by a local LEO who could assure you this wouldn't happen again for a certain monthly cash payment, would you accept his offer?

Hell, if I offered a cow hunt up there that would be bribe aplenty. And no: I would not offer any cash to anyone.

You have (had) a TV at hunting camp?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I agree with the other poster about it probably being juveniles though.

I have two young daughters and a wife that I take up all summer, and a bunch of dumbass friends who are more worried about football games than going to the mountain and having fun. I barely watch TV even at home.

concretefuzzynuts
12-02-2012, 20:16
A Hydrogen Peroxide solution of about 10% works well for cleaning up blood.

I don't want to know.

:shocked:

gjk5
12-02-2012, 20:17
Sometimes people just suck ass. I hate that for you brother.

I know, and I didn't even get hilarious pics or an epic thread out of it!:supergrin:

Hamilton Burger
12-02-2012, 20:57
Dear Penthouse Forum -

My buddy and his brothers inherited this crazy old cabin that their granddad built. On one of our bike rides south, Mike & I, as usual, stopped off for a couple days at the property. We found the gate locked, but found that somebody had broken into the cabin through a window, then taken the entry door's deadbolt apart and was using the place like they owned it!

http://i48.tinypic.com/21cb3vr.jpg

All the canned goods, booze, and firewood had been gone through, and some fresh buds were sitting on a platter, drying near the woodstove. :whistling: We followed a trail of female clothing and found the intruder, a blonde girl in nothing but panties, hiding in the bedroom closet.

She was young, 20 tops, and cute as hell, but higher'n a kite and scared spitless (I guess having two big biker-looking dudes drag her nekkid out of the closet had her short-ass life passing before her eyes). When she was done pissing herself (literally) and saw we weren't gonna spit-roast her, rather than getting dressed she started acting real friendly, as if suddenly turned on by the situation... :upeyes:

For a minute we were like :wow:... how high is this chick? Things were awkward for a beat, and I knew something funny was coming.

Then Mike lit into her, really busted her bubble: "You broke into my cabin, tore my front door up, ate all my food, drank all the booze, pissed on my floor, and now you expect us to wanna get high with you and do you?!? Get the ******* outta here, ya *******ed hippy!!!" :rofl:

Peace Warrior
12-02-2012, 23:00
... I have two young daughters and a wife that I take up all summer, and a bunch of dumbass friends who are more worried about football games than going to the mountain and having fun. I barely watch TV even at home.
Problem solved now. :cool:

Then again, if you replace it, of course you'll have to get a Bravia. :whistling:

Peace Warrior
12-02-2012, 23:01
I don't want to know.

:shocked:
:whistling:

Inebriated
12-02-2012, 23:06
I just hate people. But give them the benefit of the doubt. They sound like kids, so it's not really their fault that they are growing up stupid.

But the claymores might scare them smart... lol

Angry Fist
12-03-2012, 17:31
Keep a bottle of Wild Turkey there and half fill it with denatured alcohol/Wild Turkey mix.
:thumbsup:

dango
12-03-2012, 17:37
Get a rope.

I like it!Claymores , the ultimate shot-gun ! I like that to !