Bob Costas Anti-Gun Statement [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bob Costas Anti-Gun Statement

INJoker
12-02-2012, 20:07
Did anyone else just see this during the Cowboys game?

Bob Costas just read about a minute-and-a-half statement regarding the Kansas City tragedy involving Jovan Belcher.

The statement (I did not catch the author) squarely blames "the gun culture in America" and the fact that Jovan Belcher was able to purchase a firearm for the murder/suicide he committed.

:upeyes: :steamed:

It was really ****ing despicable.

End rant.

dr_hefley
12-02-2012, 20:09
I caught it. Even my wife asked "did he really just do that?" Insanely crass & unprofessional.

Fox184
12-02-2012, 20:09
Just saw it, it was crap.

What about the event last week in Casper, WY. The guy used a Bow and Knife for a domestic incident. Do those weapons need banned as well?

reset
12-02-2012, 20:10
Costas is officially on my **** list forever.

INJoker
12-02-2012, 20:12

This is my reaction as well.

It was really, really small of him. I assumed he had a little more integrity than to pull something like that in prime time.

Wow.

glockfanbob
This is what inwrote in the other thread:

NFL and Bob Costas apparently think it's ok to make statements about how a handgun is to blame. How about they question the connection between players taking hits to the head while playing as well as the mentality one needs to play such a physical game like football in how it could relate to poor anger management off of the field.

Many suicides from NFL players, not all even involve guns. Ban the NFL.

flyover
Yeah, I herd it. I guess he'd been happier if the guy would have beaten her to death with a baseball bat. Nothing like exploiting tragedy to further your goals.

CBennett
12-02-2012, 20:13
^ same dude has no idea what would have happened the guy could have beat,stabbed her just as well as shot so a big F U tohim and the guy he was quoting from.

flyover
12-02-2012, 20:15

As far as I'm concerned Costas is a turd. :steamed:

Scott3670
12-02-2012, 20:15
Unbelievable. So can I assume from his statement that those of us who own firearms are somehow in a grand conspiracy to commit violence? What Belcher did was tragic but in now indicative of gun owners in general. It's no different that the person who drives DUI and kills someone. It's the person's fault, not the item that they used to commit their crime.

czsmithGT
12-02-2012, 20:16
The statement (I did not catch the author) squarely blames "the gun culture in America" and the fact that Jovan Belcher was able to purchase a firearm for the murder/suicide he committed.

It was from Jason Whitlock

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jovan-belcher-kansas-city-chiefs-murder-suicide-tragedy-girlfriend-self-leave-orphan-daughter-why-still-playing-sunday-120112

ICARRY2
12-02-2012, 20:19
What do you expect from a new york liberal?:rolleyes:

Peace Warrior
My next oldest brother and I would turn off the sound and watch costas called games with the radio (music) on. Just another reason not to change our particular status quo.

It (i.e., the gun-grabber's rhetoric) is going to get more and more insidious folks.

danield0825
Bob Costas is an idiot.

INJoker
12-02-2012, 20:20
The portion Bob Costas read was essentially the last four paragraphs of the story in the link posted above by czsmithGT...

I don't want to give any more credit to the jackass author by posting a quote from it in this forum.

scwine
12-02-2012, 20:21

Amen.

michael e
Saw it, rewound it to make sure I heard it correctly. Then turned the crap off.
I hate the cowboys , was just watching hoping they would lose.

Powers77

NFL and Bob Costas apparently think it's ok to make statements about how a handgun is to blame. How about they question the connection between players taking hits to the head while playing as well as the mentality one needs to play such a physical game like football in how it could relate to poor anger management off of the field.

A big +1.
Bob Costas needs to stick to things that don't confuse his simplistic mind. Like sports and botox.

gjk5
12-02-2012, 20:24
stupid guy says stupid thing while commenting on stupid game.

wowzers.

lunarspeak
12-02-2012, 20:28
if you were offended as much as me then do something about it

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/NBCSports?fref=ts

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/NFL?fref=ts

let them feel your outrage

INJoker
12-02-2012, 20:29
The comments block under the article is going crazy with pro-gun support. They all think Whitlock is an idiot - and I submit that Costas is an idiot for acting as his mouthpiece.

AZ DBLTRBL
12-02-2012, 20:30
I caught it. Even my wife asked "did he really just do that?" Insanely crass & unprofessional.

I just watched it and laughed out loud....he needs to shut up and just...naw, he needs to just shut up. :shakehead:

glockfanbob
12-02-2012, 20:30

I don't have a Facebook account. :dunno:

97XJ_Sport
12-02-2012, 20:34
I guess suicide and murder didn't exist before guns came along?

RGbiker
12-02-2012, 20:35
Russia prohibits civilian handgun ownership and Japan totally prohibits civilian firearm ownership, yet both are #1 and #2 ranking in suicides.

I wonder how those people manage to kill them selves without guns?

ICARRY2
12-02-2012, 20:35
As I recall, Bob Costas' buddy OJ Simpson committed two murders with a pocket knife.

And if guns were the problem, we would all be dead.

CincyRed
12-02-2012, 20:36
Mark it down. If NBC is talking about it, the Obama admin will also be talking about it. They failed with their gun control try with fast and furious, but this will do just fine with them.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Little Joe
12-02-2012, 20:39
All that hair dye has gone to his brain. Either that or his face lift is squeezing his skull too tight.

reset
12-02-2012, 20:41
my best friend hung himself, but no one I know blamed the ****ing rope.

Kentucky Shooter
12-02-2012, 20:43
As I recall, Bob Costas' buddy OJ Simpson committed two murders with a pocket knife.

And if guns were the problem, we would all be dead.

Good point!

Mr Costas needs to stick to commentary on sports, not social and political issues.

meathead19
12-02-2012, 20:45
A lib being a lib. Nothing to see here.

Berto
12-02-2012, 20:53

I usually don't let editorials or craven attempts to politicize my odd day of TV watching, but THAT really pissed me off....how low do these bedwetters go?

Thanks for the links, I used them.:wavey:

scwine
12-02-2012, 20:53
I see a lot of resentment to his commentary on social media, but none so far if you news Google it. I am hoping they are just a little late.

Little Joe
12-02-2012, 20:54
A lib being a lib. Nothing to see here.

That's true. It doesn't matter what they think or say. The Second Amendment is the law of the land, and it's going to stay that way. Nothing to get worked up over.

czsmithGT
12-02-2012, 20:54
The comments block under the article is going crazy with pro-gun support. They all think Whitlock is an idiot - and I submit that Costas is an idiot for acting as his mouthpiece.

Maybe Fox Sports didn't like that. Looks like they removed the comments from that article.

reset
12-02-2012, 20:58
We should demand equal time since he exploited a tragedy to promote flawed politics.

czsmithGT
12-02-2012, 21:00
We should demand equal time since he exploited a tragedy to promote flawed politics.

Liberal policy- let no disaster or tragedy go unexploited to promote their agenda.

scwine
12-02-2012, 21:03

Thanks! I just did.

cowboywannabe
12-02-2012, 21:05
did you expect something different from an elitist?

scwine
12-02-2012, 21:06
Get in on it...
https://www.facebook.com/TheNflShouldBanBobCostas

FLIPPER 348
12-02-2012, 21:09

Perhaps but free speech is not limited only to the things you want to hear.

Altaris
12-02-2012, 21:10
Bob Costas guns - YouTube

FLIPPER 348
12-02-2012, 21:12
Amen.

Y'all do realize he was reading a statement from someone else.

reset
12-02-2012, 21:15

he took precious air time to ENDORSE that fallacious statement.

meathead19
12-02-2012, 21:16

Did you just open your fortune cookie? :supergrin:

scwine
12-02-2012, 21:17

All you have to do is listen to the first 6 seconds of the above video. He(ol' Bob) was the final choice to read a statement on air. Within that first 6 seconds he stated "...but today said it so well...." blah blah blah...

scwine
12-02-2012, 21:20

I love free speech. That's why I am freely speaking now.

G29Reload
12-02-2012, 21:25

It was really, really small of him. I assumed he had a little more integrity than to pull something like that in prime time.

Wow.

I didnt. I ve always hated the smarmy little condescending prick. Now i hate him even more.

Figures that hes on nbc sports. They ruin everything they touch. Have to put up with costas during the ky derby, listen to carrie undertalent sing that insipid sunday night football theme in one monotonous key followed by their play by play staff and put up with their crappy productuon values generally.

Par for the course for the Nothing But Crap network.

Altaris
12-02-2012, 21:26

Yup, that is one of the great things with it. Free speech goes both ways. Bob Costas is free to make idiotic comments, and we are free to call him out on it.

Drain You
12-02-2012, 21:28
Costas has been known to me as anti gun for years.

Along with the turd Tony Dungy I refuse to watch any part of SNF unless it is the actual game. Which is a shame because NBC did such a great job of the Al Michaels-Chris Collinsworth pairing.

FLIPPER 348
12-02-2012, 21:29

It seems like you don't approve of it for Mr Costas.

FLIPPER 348
12-02-2012, 21:31
Figures that hes on nbc sports. They ruin everything they touch. Have to put up with costas during the ky derby, listen to carrie undertalent sing that insipid sunday night football theme in one monotonous key followed by their play by play staff and put up with their crappy productuon values generally.

the fail is strong with this post

........(as usual)

scwine
12-02-2012, 21:32

Wrong Flip. I approve of him speaking freely I just don't have to agree with it!
That is the apparent difference between you and me.

flyover
12-02-2012, 21:34

:notworthy:

JJohnson
12-02-2012, 21:35
I didnt. I ve always hated the smarmy little condescending prick. Now i hate him even more.

It's Faith Hill singing. Millions of records sold and 5 grammys won. She has a little talent...

Little Joe
12-02-2012, 21:37
It's Faith Hill singing. Millions of records sold and 5 grammys won. She has a little talent...

Yep, and so does Carrie.

floorburn_21
12-02-2012, 21:38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1ijkccD9_8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Better video quality I think?

mrmedina
12-02-2012, 21:47
http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=3725&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=foxsports-hack-blames-2nd-amendment-not-kc-chiefs-killer

meathead19
12-02-2012, 21:48

Do you approve of libs burning the American flag? Like the mooslim brotherhood does?

That's free speech. And If you think it's OK, then maybe you should leave.

stevelyn
12-02-2012, 21:55

The little imp bastid has always been on mine along with most of those associated with the Lamestream Propaganda Corps. :steamed:

FLIPPER 348
12-02-2012, 21:58
Wrong Flip. I approve of him speaking freely I just don't have to agree with it!
That is the apparent difference between you and me.

Hmm, I'll have to go back thru this thread and see where I agreed with what he said.

FLIPPER 348
12-02-2012, 22:00
Do you approve of libs burning the American flag? Like the mooslim brotherhood does?

That's free speech. And If you think it's OK, then maybe you should leave.

I think free speech is ok if you are an American Citizen, so does the Constitution. If you don't than perhaps you are the one who should leave.

meathead19
12-02-2012, 22:07
I think free speech is ok if you are an American Citizen, so does the Constitution. If you don't than perhaps you are the one who should leave.

is that you john kerry, hard to tell in that pic of yours???

You still didn't answer.....Do you agree with burning the American flag?

FLIPPER 348
12-02-2012, 22:12
You still didn't answer.....Do you agree with burning the American flag?

No but I have no problem with others doing it. I fought/served so they have the right to do so.

meathead19
12-02-2012, 22:16
No but I have no problem with others doing it. I fought/served so they have the right to do so.

Great....we now know you have no problem with burning the American flag.

Hard to imagine you actually fought for this country. I would say thanks for your service, but for some reason, the words won't come out.

FLIPPER 348
12-02-2012, 22:19
your reading comprehension skills match your username

I have a problem with it but 'others' have the right to. It aint gonna happen in my front yard though!

meathead19
12-02-2012, 22:25
your reading comprehension skills match your username

I have a problem with it but 'others' have the right to. It aint gonna happen in my front yard though!

Ohhh, so you do have a problem with it....well that's good to know.

racerford
12-02-2012, 22:26

He is absolutely free to say what he wants. We are free to criticize him for it. We are free to contact his employer about it and tell them we don't appreciate it and that we don't watch NFL for political comment. We are free to tell them we will not be buying products from their sponsors of his programming. We are free to contact the sponsors of his programming and tell them we don't watch NFL sports for political comment. We are free to tell them if they continue to sponsor his programming that we will assume they agree with his comments and that we will not be buying their products.

By the way the Constitution is about the government restraining speech. It has nothing to do with private citizens railing on someone for their public speech. It is about the government exercising prior restraint and jailing those who excercise their rights in the abscence a constitutional law being broken.

He can criticize us for the excercise of our 2nd amendment rights, we can criticize his excercise of his 1st amendment rights.

On a another note since it was on broadcast TV on public airwaves, one can request response time. Or you can file a complaint against your local station with the FCC about them not acting in the public interest, and ask for their license to be revoked or not renewed.

When a public figure uses a public platform to voice strong views they should expect strong responses from whose ox they have gored.

I don't think anyone has he didn't have a right to say it, they just think he was wrong to do it, he shoud take his lumps for doing it. I would never make such comments from the pulpit of my employer. If I did so, I would risk my job. He has taken that risk.

lunarspeak
12-02-2012, 22:27

Hard to imagine you actually fought for this country.

no your the one not getting it..no one has said they wanted to burn the flag..but if someone wants to they can because thats what freedom is about.

the rights that give one man the freedom to burn it gives another the freedom to fly it..

just like you are useing your freedom of speech to disrespect veterans

meathead19
12-02-2012, 22:30
no your the one not getting it..no one has said they wanted to burn the flag..but if someone wants to they can because thats what freedom is about.

the rights that give one man the freedom to burn it gives another the freedom to fly it..

just like you are useing your freedom of speech to disrespect veterans

Respect is earned. If you think it's OK to burn the American flag....no respect for you.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. It's called common sense/decency. And the ones that we see burning our flag hate us and what it stands for.

Why is that hard to understand?

RyanBDawg
12-02-2012, 22:34
I've always hated Bob Costas. He is a scummy little worm.

breacher1
12-02-2012, 22:41

Hard to imagine you actually fought for this country. I would say thanks for your service, but for some reason, the words won't come out.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2061/stfuy.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/stfuy.jpg/)

meathead19
12-02-2012, 22:43
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2061/stfuy.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/stfuy.jpg/)

I'll buy yours with my free speech card. Enjoy.

RyanBDawg
12-02-2012, 22:47
I emailed the NFL to inform them that as long as Bob Costas is calling NFL games, I won't be watching them..

Not much, but if a few million people do the same, they will take notice.

Here is a link if any of you feel inclined to do the same..

http://www.nfl.com/contact-us

HollowHead
12-02-2012, 22:53
...Like the mooslim brotherhood does?

I've Googled "mooslim brotherhood" three times to no avail. What is it? HH

meathead19
12-02-2012, 22:56
I've Googled "mooslim brotherhood" three times to no avail. What is it? HH

Sorry, I left out an e....Mooslim"e" brotherhood.

It sounds like muslim, but it's pronounced mooslime.

Try that.

lunarspeak
12-02-2012, 23:06
Respect is earned. If you think it's OK to burn the American flag....no respect for you.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

isnt that what most anti gunners say...."just because they can make a hi-cap mag should you be allowed to own one."

and again speciel ed..its not about burning the flag,or pissing on it,or getting it tatted on your butt..its about freedom to express you beliefs in the way you want to.

maybe you should move to a nice country like russia or china if you dislike flag burning so much..i dont think they do it much there

Cleburne
12-02-2012, 23:26
Ole Bobby is a waste of good air.

Peace Warrior
12-02-2012, 23:28
I emailed the NFL to inform them that as long as Bob Costas is calling NFL games, I won't be watching them..

Non much, but if a few million people do the same, they will take notice.

Due to the backlash they are already feeling, I think the nfl, costas, and idiot writer are going to start blaming it all on head trauma. If so, then beware jim mcmahon all.

Dear NFL,

Please receive this as my farewell to watching any and all NFL games if bob costas remains as a commentator.

His recent mental breakdown related to what he chose to read about guns in America has forced me to choose to do without NFL Football if he remains a part commentator staff with your organization and or any NFL networks' staff.

I am also choosing NOT to further patronize any business or product that buys airtime (i.e., supports) and or commercial spots during NFL games as long as bob costas remains a part of the broadcasts.

Thank you for your time and past presentations, but anti-American rhetoric is not something I will oblige from the NFL.

Sincerely,

PW

HollowHead
12-02-2012, 23:30
I'm still in awe that anyone cares what someone involved in professional sports says. HH

Peace Warrior
12-02-2012, 23:50
I thought Bocephus had the Monday Night football bumper. I admit it has been a while since I've watched, but Hank Jr. fit that whole theme for Monday night.

czsmithGT
12-02-2012, 23:58
I thought Bocephus had the Monday Night football bumper. I admit it has been a while since I've watched, but Hank Jr. fit that whole theme for Monday night.

MNF fired him for comparing Obama to Hitler.

RCP
12-03-2012, 00:05
Hey Bobby, we might should take a look at microphones and our culture of people sharing their opinions publically when they have access to them. Apparently these microphones are to blame for people saying some really stupid stuff.

RyanBDawg
12-03-2012, 00:06
I have yet to see one person on twitter supporting Costas.

Gallium
12-03-2012, 00:33
Last week a college aged man killed his college professor dad, on campus with a compound bow, then slashed himself with a knife, and died.

Where are the articles on the horror of being able to waltz into a store and leave with knives, or bows?

brausso
12-03-2012, 00:39
Last week a college aged man killed his college professor dad, on campus with a compound bow, then slashed himself with a knife, and died.

Where are the articles on the horror of being able to waltz into a store and leave with knives, or bows?

I think it's time to ban water. Seriously, it's getting out of control. If it wasn't for water, thousands of poor souls would still be alive

From the CDC-

From 2005-2009, there were an average of 3,533 fatal unintentional drownings (non-boating related) annually in the United States — about ten deaths per day.

Gallium
12-03-2012, 01:45
I think it's time to ban water. Seriously, it's getting out of control. If it wasn't for water, thousands of poor souls would still be alive

From the CDC-

From 2005-2009, there were an average of 3,533 fatal unintentional drownings (non-boating related) annually in the United States — about ten deaths per day.

Well the truthful argument can be made that water is the most important liquid on this planet for humans, and is the most important solvent. Nothing is going to happen on earth without water.

Or alcohol for that matter. :) So keep your grubby paws off both of those.

I am still trying to figure out why we need liberals...:whistling::whistling:

Blast
12-03-2012, 02:05
http://t.qkme.me/3s0ke3.jpg

donovan655
12-03-2012, 05:30
If there were no football, none of this would have happened.

PaulMason
12-03-2012, 05:34

Bob Costas just read about a minute-and-a-half statement regarding the Kansas City tragedy involving Jovan Belcher.

End rant.

I see it as a mental health issue - suicide usually is. And a media issue the objectifies women.

pesticidal
12-03-2012, 05:42
The anti-gun statement was done while "God Bless America" was being sung in the stadium.
Nice timing, Bob. ahole.

Averageman
12-03-2012, 05:42
Bob Costas is a jock sniffer. It couldn't be the fault of the guy who was coddled through H.S. and College because he was an athlete, it wasn't because guy's like Costa's have so much pent up homoerotic frustration that they adore these athletes and hold them without fault.
Bob, when you allow the system to make Monsters like this, like Paterno, Like Sandusky
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/15/bob-costas-jerry-sandusky-strange_n_1094800.html
What makes you think these guys will end up "Normal"?
Bob, you're gay; you adore these guys, nothing they do is wrong. It isn't the "Man", it couldn't be, it has to be that inanimate piece of plastic and metal that is responcable.
And no, Bob I'm not talking about that toy under your pillow.

INJoker
12-03-2012, 05:48
Just to clarify:

The point I was (and am) trying to make is not that Bob Costas should not be allowed to have an opinion, but rather that he showed incredibly poor taste in leveraging his celebrity status, his time on-air on national television, and the fact that he had a de facto "captive audience," to capitalize upon a tragedy and score cheap political points by reading the statement.

(Yes, I realize we are not a "captive audience" and can change the channel, but he did it so quickly and without prior warning that nobody in the middle of it would have realistically had time to turn to another station. Thus, "de facto.")

Had Bob Costas held a press conference outside his home this morning and read that same piece of paper, I would disagree with him and still think of him as a nincompoop, but I wouldn't have reacted to it the same way.

This is not a Free Speech issue. He can say what he feels and we can agree, disagree, or even argue with him using that same First Amendment right.

My problem is only that he used his position to capitalize upon a tragedy and repeat a bunch of asinine drivel fed to him by the anti-gun crowd without a second thought.

INJoker
12-03-2012, 05:49
Averageman,

Please edit your post so this thread doesn't get locked.

The grown-ups (well, mostly) were having a nice discussion before you sat down at the table.

Thanks.

glockfanbob
12-03-2012, 06:03

Emailed as well.

mgs
12-03-2012, 06:09
Bob will pay dearly for his free speach and his wallet will take the hit. If we ban the NFL and it's violent players, plenty of jail cells would be available and lives saved.

Bullman
12-03-2012, 06:14
MNF fired him for comparing Obama to Hitler.

Hank does not have the right to free speech then:upeyes:

czsmithGT
12-03-2012, 06:26
Hank does not have the right to free speech then:upeyes:

Sure he does. He didn't get arrested, he got fired. He was all over the Fox News talk shows afterward talking about it. He can say whatever he wants and ESPN has the right to hire and fire who they want. And we have the right to watch ESPN and NBC or not.

Bullman
12-03-2012, 07:20
I know he does, I just don't think we will be fortunate enough to have Costas fired over this. :)

JMag
12-03-2012, 07:29
Apparently, Costas is Crazy Keith's replacement...only shorter.

:wavey:

whoflungdo
12-03-2012, 07:31

Exactly. If they can prove a causal link. Ban football. That would fix the problem.

HoldHard
12-03-2012, 07:45
The slime-ball that took a tragedy such as this and tries to spin it into an anti-gun rant on national television doesn't deserve a job. As soon as he got done, I turned off SNF, never to be watched again. F'em. I wanted to watch football, not get preached to by some arrogant a**h*** commentator. Enough....

Bob Costas should be fired along with anyone else that put this "opinion" on television. We have been football fans for a long time but SNF just lost this household. We'll simply use the DVR to record another game during the day and then watch on Sunday night. Boycott SNF.

Any and all links to e-mail for the upper management at NBC, please post them. Let's overload up their e-mail servers with an avalanche of messages calling for Costas to be fired.

E-mail for NBC Sports
nbcsportshelp@nbcuni.com (nbcsportshelp@nbcuni.com)

HH

Psychman
12-03-2012, 08:00
Russia prohibits civilian handgun ownership and Japan totally prohibits civilian firearm ownership, yet both are #1 and #2 ranking in suicides.

I wonder how those people manage to kill them selves without guns?

http://www.topnews.in/files/Vodka_1.jpgand
http://theenglishmanner.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/chopsticks.jpg???

redbaron007
12-03-2012, 08:37

Unless you were from the Midwest and followed the KC Chiefs, Whitlock is a no name writer. It's not unusual for him to write controversial articles in the local sports world....not surprised he wrote this article....one reason I quit following him years ago.

Now, Costa has prolly made Jason famous for the article. Costa and Whitlock both have the right to speak their mind. However, in a public forum such as a sports play-by-play telecast where Costa is paid to comment on the game at hand, not social/political issues; for him to get on his soapbox about a political/social issue, crossed the line. Never been a fan of Costa to begin with, he didn't encourage me to more of a fan.

Costa, you didn't help yourself.

red

paynter2
12-03-2012, 08:46
Costas on guns is like Cher on politics. They're welcome to blow their bazoo - but what can they possibly offer?

Neither has anything to say that is worth listening to, or for that matter, paying any attention to.

Costas is a sports reporter. So what? He'd probably be better in the dwarf toss. As the dwarf.

aplcr0331
12-03-2012, 08:56
I eagerly await Jason Whitlock's biting expose on the black crime rates in America. I'm sure it will be an eye opening piece like the one he did on all the black on black killing in Chicago, Detroit, etc. Jason? You there? Anything at all?

That's what I thought.

SC Tiger
12-03-2012, 09:16
The commentators are looking for someone to blame. As "sports guys" they never want to say "Player XXX seemed like a nice guy but turned out to be a murderer", or doesn't want to risk getting sued (remember, as of now he is the "alleged" murderer). But they need to say something so they blame the tool instead of the user of the tool.

To paraphrase Archie Bunker, would it make them feel better if he pushed his girlfriend out of a window?

Apparently some of the commentators (not sure if it was the studio analysts or the guys calling the Carolina/KC game) were making it sound like this guy was the victim. Somehow I can't picture Mike Ditka or Tom Jackson saying that on ESPN though.

Dennis in MA
12-03-2012, 09:59
This tweet reposted on Huffie said it best:

"Bob Costas, who’s gotten rich thanks in part to a sport that destroys men’s bodies and brains, gives us a little civics lecture."

Classic!

Bilrus61
12-03-2012, 10:09
What about steroids? Arn't all these players on steroids? Don't steroids make you violent and irrational? Why won't Costas and Whitlock do a expose on that? Oh cause that might hit THEM in their pocket book. Got it.

scccdoc
12-03-2012, 10:23
Vernon Man Kills Woman, Father Then Himself In Wyoming Bow-And-Arrow Attack

Hey Bob, , can't wait for your next diatribe supporting the ban of bows.....................................

SGT278ACR
12-03-2012, 10:56
I am still trying to figure out why we need liberals...:whistling::whistling:

"We" need them so "we" can have someone to exercise "our" free speech about. :rofl:

flyover
12-03-2012, 11:15
Yahoo.com has a poll up asking, "
Do you agree with the timing of Bob Costas's halftime anti-gun rant? (http://hsrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AnZDd50OI7bKMGH4IdBKKuibvZx4/SIG=137mcr0me/EXP=1354644339/**http%3A//news.yahoo.com/costas-advocates-gun-control-halftime-142552097--finance.html)". Last I checked 77% did not agree with the timing his rant.

Captain Ron
12-03-2012, 11:19
Bob Costas should be fired

Fred Hansen
12-03-2012, 11:28
I have asked the European Fecal Standards and Measurements office--headquartered in Zürich, Switzerland--to consider measuring turds in costas rather than courics.

I'll update if I hear from them. Until then, my recommendation would be to change the station whenever little libtards appear on the screen. YMMV

Baba Louie
12-03-2012, 11:52
Hey Bob, , can't wait for your next diatribe supporting the ban of bows...Only if a nationally (ok regionally) known millionaire athlete shoots his or her baby momma several times them offs himself and some other regionally known scribe writes the script, then I think he'd be good to go. :whistling:

The whole thing is tragic and stupid and sad. Concussions, suicides as a result (I hear), making heros out of jocks, babies out of wedlock, anger management, stupidity management, media management.

And yet we all fall for it and write our displeasure about it because of bozo's on the boob tube... so maybe there's a method to their madness.

How many times did she get shot? 9 or 19 or ? Right in front of his own mother and child??!??!! What a rich angry TWIT.

Time to move on to other news

Beretta92guy
12-03-2012, 12:36
just emailed NBC about that goon and what he said........

encourage everyone else to email and tell them Bob Costas should be FIRED

nbcsportshelp@nbcuni.com

Dennis in MA
12-03-2012, 12:57
Do you agree with the timing of Bob Costas's halftime anti-gun rant? (http://hsrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AnZDd50OI7bKMGH4IdBKKuibvZx4/SIG=137mcr0me/EXP=1354644339/**http%3A//news.yahoo.com/costas-advocates-gun-control-halftime-142552097--finance.html)". Last I checked 77% did not agree with the timing his rant.

I get the right article, but my poll is on who won the second debate. . . almost 2 months ago. :rofl:

NDCent
12-03-2012, 12:58
As Doc Holiday might say, Bob Costas can kiss my rebel ****.

SGT278ACR
12-03-2012, 12:59
I wonder what costas would say if she was strangled with piano wire or a guitar string and he commited suicide by hanging with the same materials.... that if we didn't have musical instruments they'd still be alive... :whistling:

What a moronic thing to say on national television or even in private. The anti-gunners never cease to amaze me with their version of logic. :faint:

ND40oz
12-03-2012, 13:19
Unless you were from the Midwest and followed the KC Chiefs, Whitlock is a no name writer. It's not unusual for him to write controversial articles in the local sports world....not surprised he wrote this article....one reason I quit following him years ago.

Now, Costa has prolly made Jason famous for the article. Costa and Whitlock both have the right to speak their mind. However, in a public forum such as a sports play-by-play telecast where Costa is paid to comment on the game at hand, not social/political issues; for him to get on his soapbox about a political/social issue, crossed the line. Never been a fan of Costa to begin with, he didn't encourage me to more of a fan.

Costa, you didn't help yourself.

red

Whitlock is a national columnist for FoxSports.com, not just some local guy.

http://msn.foxsports.com/writer/Jason_Whitlock (http://msn.foxsports.com/writer/Jason_Whitlock)

G29Reload
12-03-2012, 13:34

Only if they changed since i last saw it. I try to avoid the insipid opening as much as possible.

countrygun
12-03-2012, 13:44
Well, the geniuses may be on to something, but not what they want. Apparently there is some form brain injury that seems to be directly linked to head trauma and potentially to football injuries. Maybe SOMETHING can be blamed and it may well be football.

Yup that's it Costsas, look around for something to blame and it just might turn out to be the sport you make your living from.

Of course we don't care if the players become brain-damaged maniacs, just so long as they can't get guns.

pipedreams
12-03-2012, 13:59

Didn't find the poll at that link. Found it here.
http://www.yahoo.com/

redbaron007
12-03-2012, 14:04
Whitlock is a national columnist for FoxSports.com, not just some local guy.

http://msn.foxsports.com/writer/Jason_Whitlock (http://msn.foxsports.com/writer/Jason_Whitlock)

He was the local guy...like I stated, I don't follow him anymore so maybe Fox syndicates some of his articles.

red

capnjim01
12-03-2012, 14:09

count me as one of the million. now if someone can post a list of last nights sponsors I'll tell them also

glockfanbob
12-03-2012, 14:10
Just got an email from the NRA about this...

bear62
12-03-2012, 14:16
Costas, NBC and MSNBC are all despicable.. Just sayin'

bear62
12-03-2012, 14:17
count me as one of the million. now if someone can post a list of last nights sponsors I'll tell them also

Count me in too.

JJohnson
12-03-2012, 16:32
Only if they changed since i last saw it. I try to avoid the insipid opening as much as possible.

Clearly you have an enlightened sense of recognizing talent as compared to the rest of the mouth breathers. Congrats.

Averageman
12-03-2012, 16:43
Averageman,

Please edit your post so this thread doesn't get locked.

The grown-ups (well, mostly) were having a nice discussion before you sat down at the table.

Thanks.
Naaah, but feel free to edit yours; I stand by what I say.
Jovan Belcher shot Kasandra Perkins nine times with a hand gun, killing the Mother of his Daughter and then killed himself leaving his daughter and Orphan.
This isn't about guns, this is about nuts, Jovan Belcher was a mentally unbalanced. You just dont come home and decide to kill your baby momma by shooting her, you decide to empty the magazine.
If you get to that point mentally, it doesn't matter if there is a handgun or a Knife (O.J. Please stand up) or a blunt object in the room, She is going to die.
All Costas did was again make excuses for a failed way the press and public idolize athletes in America. Costa's is as guilty as anyone of fostering that culture.
Costa is the same guy who interviewed Jerry Sandusky at the peak of his controversy while being charged as a pedophile.
So after the interview with Sandusky what should Bob have blamed that crime spree of perversion on? After all if guns cause murders, then what is the weapon of choice when Men rape Boys? Just how do we eliminate it Bob?
The point is guys like Bob Costa and the entire Sports Press, College Football Programs, even High School Football programs can leave a lasting effect on a young Man that, because I am so gifted at this sport the rules of normal life and society do not apply to me.
You make them Gods, the trouble is they are not Gods and some never learn to live a normal life with rules and responcabilities. In no small part Bob, you are a part of the problem, not the answer.

Averageman
12-03-2012, 16:45
To take this to it's normal level the only way Kasandra Perkins life could have been spared when fighting for her life against a NFL linebacker was if she had been armed with a pistol.

Poncho1969
12-03-2012, 16:47

End rant.
Really stinks.. He just needs to keep his mind on calling the game...

Buki192327
12-03-2012, 17:08

Wow.

I have never cared for Bob Costas, or thought he had any integrity.

Halojumper
12-03-2012, 17:09
It's clear that a lot of people here don't understand free speech, at least in the Constitutional sense. The Constitution only prevents the government from interfering with free speech. Since a football game, including its commentators, is a product, the consumers of that product have every right to speak out against it if they don't like it. If enough people wrote to the NFL and NBC and they fired him, that would in no way be a violation of his right to free speech. He can still say anything he wants, we don't don't have to "purchase" the product that carries it.

And, it's not as if the Chiefs aren't already used to getting killed anyway! :)

Peace Warrior
12-03-2012, 17:15
I have asked the European Fecal Standards and Measurements office--headquartered in Zürich, Switzerland--to consider measuring turds in costas rather than courics.

I'll update if I hear from them. Until then, my recommendation would be to change the station whenever little libtards appear on the screen. YMMV
I saw that episode. Great idea. You need to email southpark.

ND40oz
12-03-2012, 17:27
He was the local guy...like I stated, I don't follow him anymore so maybe Fox syndicates some of his articles.

red

Yes, up until 2010 he did local columns for the Kansas City Star, prior to that he had been fired from ESPN because of his mouth. Now he continues to get tons of national coverage while being paid by foxsports to write columns. Just last Feb, he took a lot of heat nationally for saying Jeremy Lin had a small "manhood" on twitter.

INJoker
12-03-2012, 17:57
Averageman,

I took a cheap shot at you in my earlier post, and I apologize.

It wasn't the point of what you were saying, it was how you were saying it - the name calling, etc.

We are in complete agreement as to how we feel about the situation, I just want to keep the conversation elevated above that so as not to get the thread locked.

captcurly
12-03-2012, 18:05
I cannot give my opinion of Costas because I would get banned from GT. Never liked him and as a sportscaster I think he sucks. Costas has always been on my **** list.

Harley6133
12-03-2012, 18:32
Just sent NBC and email. Telling them Bob is crap and I will be watching other stations

Averageman
12-03-2012, 18:55
Averageman,

It wasn't the point of what you were saying, it was how you were saying it - the name calling, etc.

We are in complete agreement as to how we feel about the situation, I just want to keep the conversation elevated above that so as not to get the thread locked.

I appologise if I offended you with my off the cuff angry reply earlier.
I just really am begining to hate
The NFL
Bob Costas
The Democratic party
Football Players
The Obama Administration
The Republicans for being wimps
The NRA for putting up with this crap after sending them all this money over the years
That funny looking foreign kid that lives next door
And folks who walk across my lawn.

Oh and did I mention I'm a Hoosier too?

G29Reload
12-03-2012, 19:48
Clearly you have an enlightened sense of recognizing talent as compared to the rest of the mouth breathers. Congrats.

I know suck when i see it. So should you since your posts are in the same box with it.

CharlieDelta127
12-03-2012, 19:51
If anyone is interested, here is NBC's mailing address.

NBC News
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, N.Y. 10112

kat1950
12-03-2012, 19:56
This idiot has been running off at the mouth with his liberal attitude since his 2007 criticism of George Bush not being qualified for the Presidency and how it is now evident he has been a failure. Just another NBC commie.

TX Archer
12-03-2012, 20:13
The letter that I'm writing and personalizing to all my friends (the names you see are my two U.S Senators and my Congressman):
----------------------------------------------------------
(Name),

I'm sure you're in tune to the criticism following the Bob Costas editorial last night. I'm sending this letter individually to all my gun rights supporting friends. I wrote a letter to NBC and I plan to write to every company that I find out advertises on their sports broadcasts. The network may not pay attention to me or to us but they will pay attention to their ratings and their advertisers. They fired Hank Williams Jr. because they were scared and they fired Rush Limbaugh because they were scared. I feel that it's my duty to let them know how I feel on the subject in the same way that it's my duty to let John Cornyn, Ted Cruz, and Lloyd Doggett know how I feel. I have a feeling you'll be doing the same. If you'd like to write to NBC, they make it very easy at http://www.nbc.com/contact/general/ (http://www.nbc.com/contact/general/)

Here is what I wrote:

I am writing to make known my feelings about the editorial given by Bob Costas on Sunday night's football halftime show. I watch football to be entertained. I do not watch to learn the personal opinion of broadcasters regarding social or political issues. Mr. Costas crossed the line last night by giving HIS feelings about gun control in the United States. One might also assume he had the blessing of NBC Sports and expressed the feelings of your executives as well. I disagree with his ideology and cannot endorse or support a program which is used as a vehicle to influence the opinions of those in our society. Thus, I will not watch another program of which he is a part. I will also make this known to the companies who advertise on programs such as this.

I am a Texan and a loyal Cowboys fan as well as a football fan in general. I turned off the television in disgust last night and missed an exciting win by the Cowboys but I couldn't bear to support and garner income for you by viewing your paid advertising. Again, I will not watch another program which features Mr. Costas. You have lost this viewer. I hope you will take notice that there are many others who feel the same way.

I find it curious that Mr. Costas ignored the majority of the editorial from which he quoted. That editorial was largely critical of the National Football League. It included over 10 paragraphs about why the NFL should have postponed the Chiefs game and only two paragraphs about gun control. I have a feeling Costas and NBC are afraid to anger the NFL but not so afraid to campaign against our Bill of Rights. Which one fills the pockets of those at NBC? You have now angered many Americans and the potential financial repercussions are equally as dangerous.

Respectfully,

David Armstrong
Austin, Texas

redbaron007
12-03-2012, 20:14
Yes, up until 2010 he did local columns for the Kansas City Star, prior to that he had been fired from ESPN because of his mouth. Now he continues to get tons of national coverage while being paid by foxsports to write columns. Just last Feb, he took a lot of heat nationally for saying Jeremy Lin had a small "manhood" on twitter.

And now the comment he made today while being interviewed, the NRA is the new KKK, was his attempt to generate more PR for himself. He is volital......will say just about anything to garner attention and generate buzz.

Another example of why I don't follow him.

red

clint curtis
12-03-2012, 20:51
He can bob down and kiss my #$$.

JuneyBooney
12-03-2012, 22:33

End rant.

He is a liberal hack and nothing more should be expected. :faint:

HollowHead
12-03-2012, 22:37
Just got an email from the NRA about this...

Did it ask for more money? :rofl: HH

OhioGlock90
12-03-2012, 22:48
this makes me so mad!! I had a family member who committed suicide with a gun. the thought never crossed my mind to blame the gun, because the gun was just a tool he used. If someone wants to no longer be living they will do it with or without a gun.This is just someone who is ignorant to the topic saying something that sounds good.

randrew379
12-03-2012, 22:51
This idiot has been running off at the mouth with his liberal attitude since his 2007 criticism of George Bush not being qualified for the Presidency and how it is now evident he has been a failure. Just another NBC commie.

It goes back farther than that- I've loathed him for years. When the Olympics are on, he's the guy responsible for us having to listen to a lot of "poignant" blather as opposed to actually watching the sports.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

clint curtis
12-03-2012, 22:54
I'm glad O.J. didn't screw it up for gun owners.

JBG30
12-03-2012, 23:05
As I'm reading this thread and listening to an online feed of the local sports talk radio, the host just ripped up Costas and Whitlock for their actions. Shame it was at 1:00 am.

OhioGlock90
12-03-2012, 23:09
I just sent my email to NBC.

stevelyn
12-04-2012, 02:07
I'm glad O.J. didn't screw it up for gun owners.

As knife owners, we've been lucky. :rofl:

Peace Warrior
12-04-2012, 02:43
Averageman,

I appologise if I offended you with my off the cuff angry reply earlier.
I just really am begining to hate
The NFL
Bob Costas
The Democratic party
Football Players
The Obama Administration
The Republicans for being wimps
The NRA for putting up with this crap after sending them all this money over the years
That funny looking foreign kid that lives next door
And folks who walk across my lawn.

Oh and did I mention I'm a Hoosier too?

:grouphug:

It goes back farther than that- I've loathed him for years. When the Olympics are on, he's the guy responsible for us having to listen to a lot of "poignant" blather as opposed to actually watching the sports.

IMHO, bob costas would screw up commentating for a bowling tournament, but obviously he'd be a strong supporter of the 5th, 6th, & 7th frame beer rolls.

costas was drunk, or on meds, or something... had to be.

Peace Warrior
12-04-2012, 02:46
Well, actually... *dragging foot on ground* he was right about bush II :eyebrow:

Longhammer
12-04-2012, 04:46
I don't think Bob Costas fully thought out what came out of his mouth. I think he ought to stick to the teleprompter. I truly feel sorry for him. And many other misguided anti-gun liberals. The Second Ammendment is about equality, indepencence, and freedom of the individual. Until Jesus himself comes back in a blaze of glory, to restore order and righteousness on this planet, guns will have to do.

Baba Louie
12-04-2012, 05:23
What is new is old

Jimi Hendrix - Hey Joe - YouTube

glockfanbob
12-04-2012, 05:31
Did it ask for more money? :rofl: HH

:rofl: When do they not? :whistling:

mgentry
12-04-2012, 07:59
I have always thought that Costas was an ok sports caster but he is in over his head in dealing with gun control issues. This young man had more money than he knew what to do with and it didn't make or keep him and his family happy. If it hadn't been a gun that was used, it could have been anything - a chair leg even or his fist. It is sad when people die before their time by any means. Just pray for the 3 month old child that has no parents.

OctoberRust
12-04-2012, 12:07
guys you don't understand.... See, if we made guns illegal, and you were thinking of killing someone, you wouldn't go get a gun, because they would be illegal, and you wouldn't want to break the law right before you killed someone, that'd be illegal! :wow:

Ruggles
12-04-2012, 14:13
I would guess his comments had zero effect on people's opinion on gun control. I really don't think this guy is held in esteem by many for his "wise" political views.

The NFL is not what it once was IMO, I have lost interest in their product :)

Longhammer
12-05-2012, 04:03
It's all about the spin. There are enough nut jobs out there acting out iresponsibly without Bob citing this weak example. What Bob should have said, was that this is just one more case of a brain injured linebacker going over the line. But Bob didn't say that. He chose to try and deflect the blame to somewhere other than the game of football. I really think the concussion angle has more merit than the bad gun argument. I think it has more to do with the personality of the type of person that is attracted by the sport in the first place. Violence is a big part of football. And I recall hearing once that linebackers in particular were identified as having all the attributes to make the classic commando. Recruiters know this I was told. There are similarities at work here on some level in my opinion. Pretty hard to rationalize all the combat, violence and social angles . But I think that is what makes it so interesting and exciting. We are not much different than the romans in their day watching Gladiators do battle.

DARKSHADOW
12-05-2012, 06:31
bob-costas-on-gun-control-comments-availability-of-guns-makes-mayhem-easier?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/04/15679906-bob-costas-on-gun-control-comments-availability-of-guns-makes-mayhem-easier?lite&gt1=43001

redbaron007
12-05-2012, 06:48
Costa is trying to back track now. He is trying to say he didn't have enough time to say what he really wanted to say and was misunderstood. I saw....we see your colors Costa....and they run!

red

whoflungdo
12-05-2012, 07:11

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/04/15679906-bob-costas-on-gun-control-comments-availability-of-guns-makes-mayhem-easier?lite&gt1=43001

He continued: "Give me one example of an athlete – I know it’s happened in society – give me one example of an athlete by virtue of his having a gun, took a dangerous situation and turned it around for the better. I can’t think of a single one. Sadly, I can think of dozens that by virtue of having a gun, a professional athlete wound up in a tragic situation."

Then he should be for disarming athletes and not everyone else.. The same could be said for expensive sports cars and anything else that can be used to kill, hurt, or maim if used incorrectly or with evil intent.

HexHead
12-05-2012, 07:24

Let's not forget in 1988 when he called the Dodgers "the weakest team to ever play in the World Series".

They easily beat the dominating Oakland A's, with Eckersley and the Bash Brothers.

ICARRY2
12-05-2012, 07:56
. Until Jesus himself comes back in a blaze of glory, to restore order and righteousness on this planet, guns will have to do.

This will be my answer anytime someone ask me why I own a gun.

Brilliant!

Berto
12-05-2012, 08:04
Costa is trying to back track now. He is trying to say he didn't have enough time to say what he really wanted to say and was misunderstood. I saw....we see your colors Costa....and they run!

red

I heard some of that yesterday. What a pathetic little twit, he can't even man-up to what he damn well knows he was saying.

Peace Warrior
12-05-2012, 08:27

costas and the msnbc goofball both "forgot to remember" :whistling: what costas actually said.

Please review the above video's words, from costas himself, starting at 00:24, and on through to the 00:33 mark. here too. (http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/04/15679906-bob-costas-on-gun-control-comments-availability-of-guns-makes-mayhem-easier?lite&gt1=43001)

It is clearly obvious to me what costas believes in his own heart and mind. He was in complete, full, and total agreement with what whitlock wrote in the article that costas himself felt so compelled to quote verbatim. costas agreed 100%, or he lied to NFL Monday Night viewers, or he is lying to Americans now. Plain and simple.

costas needs gone or I'm saying bye bye to all things NFL.

Today I have to write a letter to my hometown team's owner letting him know that if costas stays, no more ticket or promotional gear purchases from me. I hope others will do the same with their home team's ownership and front office.

redbaron007
12-05-2012, 09:10
I heard some of that yesterday. What a pathetic little twit, he can't even man-up to what he damn well knows he was saying.

You're being tooo kind by calling him a twit! I had some other fine choice, 4/5 letter words. I'm not sure the GT rules would allow us to really state what he is! :rofl:

red

Harper
12-05-2012, 10:37

Yeah, he's trying to say he was referring to the gun culture being a problem. What gun culture is he referring to? The one with an almost puritanical view of personal responsibility regarding fire arms?

faawrenchbndr
12-05-2012, 10:39
Another Liberal dumbaZZ,....the gun is not the problem,
it's the person!

Carrys
12-05-2012, 10:47
guys you don't understand.... See, if we made guns illegal, and you were thinking of killing someone, you wouldn't go get a gun, because they would be illegal, and you wouldn't want to break the law right before you killed someone, that'd be illegal! :wow:

That's the problem me thinks.......there are an awful lot of people who think exactly that way.:wavey:

Longhammer
12-06-2012, 03:29
I am convinced that Bob Costas is the NFL's mouthpiece. His anti-gun retoric was an attempt to distract and re-direct a growing awareness of brain injuries that manifest as horrible tragedies. He could very well be he next NFL commissioner, if he makes this all away. If there is one thing the NFL is worried about, it is head trauma lawsuits. The issue is being ignored by the sports media networks. Hundereds of billions of dollars are at the root of all this denial. When was the last time anyone saw a list of football injuries, and deaths from pewee to the pro players? Football is what it is because it is a contact sport. But given our country's appetite for litigation..., Let me just say, there will probably will be a warning from the surgeon general on the inside of a football helmet some day, If it's not already there. I think we as gun owners are being made into scapegoats.

redbaron007
12-06-2012, 07:01
I wouldn't be a bit surprised to hear the NFL has this stance. Over the last couple of years, I've wonder if the NFL is not being ran by men with more estrogen than testosterone! The NFL seems to becoming more of a 'feeling' type organization.....it more about ones feelings than anything else. You know, you can't tackle anymore...you have to go up and touch them on the shoulder and tell them they are tackled now. :rofl:

red

HoldHard
12-06-2012, 07:24

redActually just the opposite. He is "doubling down" on his position.

http://www.infowars.com/bob-costas-y...bad-happening/ (http://www.infowars.com/bob-costas-y...bad-happening/)

Bob Costas: Young Men Can’t Own Guns “Without Something Bad Happening”

NBC Sports broadcaster claims there are no examples of athletes using guns to neutralize dangerous situations

His Google-Fu is weak.

- In 2005, Baltimore Ravens cornerback Corey Fuller used his .38-caliber revolver to fire at and chase away a gunman who had entered his home in an attempted robbery.

- Also in 2005, Houston Astros outfielder Luke Scott prevented a potentially violent situation in Houston involving a man asking him for money by displaying his gun.

- As this Fox News article explains, football players are routinely targeted by criminals and armed thieves, giving them all the more reason to be armed in order to protect their families.

- In 2007, Washington Redskins’ Sean Taylor was shot dead trying to protect his family after gunmen burst into his Miami home. “Some wonder if he’d be alive today if he’d had a gun nearby to protect himself that night,” reports Vibe.

I usually don't quote Alex Jones but this is right off of Costas' own program.

On Bill O'Reilly's program, he said that fully automatic weapons can be purchased without a background check. Link (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1456316) to GlockTalk thread.

Enough. I'm writing the owner of the local NFL team and telling him that I am no longer buying tickets to go to the game, no longer buying NFL related items and no longer watching the NFL on television. What I am going to do is go through the DVR'ed football game and note the sponsors. They will be boycotted and then write them letters indicating that they are being boycotted until

COSTAS IS FIRED!!!

Peace Warrior
12-06-2012, 08:16
I am convinced that Bob Costas is the NFL's mouthpiece. His anti-gun retoric was an attempt to distract and re-direct a growing awareness of brain injuries that manifest as horrible tragedies. ... If there is one thing the NFL is worried about, it is head trauma lawsuits. ... Hundereds of billions of dollars are at the root of all this denial. When was the last time anyone saw a list of football injuries, and deaths from pewee to the pro players? Football is what it is because it is a contact sport. But given our country's appetite for litigation..., Let me just say, there will probably will be a warning from the surgeon general on the inside of a football helmet some day, If it's not already there. I think we as gun owners are being made into scapegoats.
Yeah, the best thing football could do to get rid of a lot of UNNECESSARY head traumas at all levels of play would be to remove the facemasks from the helmets. Allow the QBs, the punters, and kickers to keep them, but no one else.

... I think we as gun owners are being made into scapegoats.
It is a lot deeper than just being made scapegoats, but you are almost correct and on the right track.

There is coming a HUGE storm of propaganda against guns, and by default, "those who cling to their bibles and guns." This propaganda has been like waves at the beach on a Spring day. As waves little by little wash the sand away, so too has the propaganda little by little removed the rights of gun owners. They know the vast majority of facts indicate that legal gun owners are not the problem, so they have decided to stick with making guns the villain.

In this way, it matters not whether one is a law abiding citizen, or a criminal, the problem as they state it will be guns that are the problem. Only guns at first. I may be wrong, but think about it for a bit, this would be the easiest stratagem.

The only thing standing between law abiding gun owners and confiscation of their guns are people like you, me, and others openly exposing the true nature of gun grabbers foolish rhetoric and lies.

barry soetoro only has four more years, so knowing, what the united nations is planning to try in the uSA at this time is not merely waves slowly eating at our constitutional rights, but they are trying to stir up a HUGE storm surge from all their propaganda outlets, and one of these outlets has been, now it's undeniable, and is the NFL.

RyanBDawg
12-08-2012, 17:31
Ok since a Cowboys player just drunkenly killed a teammate in a car wreck, we need to now have strict alcohol and car control. Bob Costas logic.

I also went to a gun-show today, according to ole Bob, I should have been shot roughly 50 times..

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Bullman
12-08-2012, 19:50
To me, it just sounds like it is way too dangerous to be around a football player, can we ban them?

Peace Warrior
12-09-2012, 07:50
Ok since a Cowboys player just drunkenly killed a teammate in a car wreck, we need to now have strict alcohol and car control. Bob Costas logic. ...
With all due respect, costas' logic would indicate that alcohol did not cause the tragedy (e.g., alcohol only caused the mental state, not unlike a head injury), but it was either the vehicle, or the being a passenger in the vehicle is what caused this one.

However, the country will have to wait for tomorrow night's half-time to find out which one bob blames.

NO NFL for me today. Thanks bob! :steamed:

redbaron007
12-10-2012, 07:24
I didn't hear a tirade about being intoxicated; driving a car; or combination of both....WHERE is the great spokesman Mr Costa to tell us how this should be handled?

Well....news flash....at best we won't hear anything from him...which might be a good thing.

red