Freak accident, or murder? (Oz) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Freak accident, or murder? (Oz)

sopdan
12-03-2012, 01:21
http://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/latest/a/-/newshome/15536791/vic-family-win-reprieve-to-stop-autopsy/

In a nutshell: (from what I got from the article)
-girl supposedly unattended outside, found hanging from swing set by jump rope
-"A forensic pathologist who examined Sarah's body the day after the accident had been unable to find a reasonable medical cause of death"
-family says they just want to bury their daughter
-state Supreme Court Justice says no full autopsy required... "procedure would unreasonably deepen the family's anguish."

I think this is an interesting case, because if it was truly an accident, I can totally see the parents' side of the argument. But if it was foul play on behalf of the parents... I can totally see the parents' side of the argument.

Inebriated
12-03-2012, 01:36
Hard to even guess.

I mean, I can't see how a child would be able to manage that one on their own, and even if they did, you would expect some sort of screaming or crying... wouldn't you?

Either way, that is just tragic.

Dennis in MA
12-03-2012, 10:00
You put OZ in the title. I thought this was going to be one about if I'm in a house caught in a tornado and it lands on some ugly old lady, is that no-charge, involuntary manslaughter or murder-2.

ChiefWPD
12-03-2012, 17:14
I'd have to see how the rope was entangled around her neck (plus a bunch of other ancillary facts I'd want to look into) before making a judgment.