Eating dinner, typing on phone, psycho confronts me [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Eating dinner, typing on phone, psycho confronts me

John Rambo
12-03-2012, 12:57
So I'm at a nice restaurant enjoying a quiet dinner after a hard day's work, and I'm just minding my business checking my mail on my phone.

All of a sudden, out of nowhere, some nutcase storms up to my table and starts in on me. He was rambling on about something with where I was pointing my phone, hell, I dunno, sounded like he was drunk of something. I just nodded absently and shrugged it off and returned to typing away on my phone.

Well, wouldn't ya know it, this psycho doesn't know when to go away. He starts screaming at me calling me all kinds of names and told me to drop my phone and pay attention to him. Now, I'm not sure if this guys off his meds or what, but I don't want to deal with him while I'm digesting my meal and absolutely don't want to make a scene. I calmly suggest he goes about his business and thats when he starts calling me a freak and a pedophile. I'm absolutely stunned - one second I'm sitting there eating dinner and the next this lunatic is in my face.

At this point I'm about to stomp a mudhole in his ass (he wasn't much to look at and I'm a pretty heavyset middle-aged dude, I can hold my own), but his wife runs up to him and grabs him before I can even respond. She tells him to shut up and get out to the car; she's obviously pissed, I can only imagine he causes scenes like this frequently. As he storms off she profusely apologizes to me before taking the rest of the family off to the car with him.

Me and the waitresses had a good laugh about that nutcase after he left, but boy oh boy was it another reminder that there are a lot of crazy people out there and another lesson why we need to be aware of our surroundings.

Mayhem like Me
12-03-2012, 13:03
I see what you did , but opening a closed thread even by your imaginative (or so you thought) manner is frowned upon.

After all Eurodriver you are not,.....

BigDeeeeeeee
12-03-2012, 13:07
How far would you have been willing to take your indignation? What if he got right back in your face? Were you carrying a gun? Was He?

We can be quick to make something of nothing when it may be better for everyone to make nothing of something.

YMMV:whistling:

wvtarheel
12-03-2012, 13:07
The parody post has hit Glocktalk.

Excuse me, I'm off to post about the nice tablet I obtained for my hot wife...

byf43
12-03-2012, 13:09
Shoulda politely and calmly picked up your telephone and said into it, "Scotty. Beam me up. Beam me up, now. There's no intelligent life forms, here."

:supergrin:

Berto
12-03-2012, 13:10
Suh weet!!

countrygun
12-03-2012, 13:12
Did you go to the restaurant on your moped with the parking lights on?

Dennis in MA
12-03-2012, 13:16
Were either of you wearing your hat? How can we judge properly without this info?

Bren
12-03-2012, 13:17
Even John Rambo finds an acorn once in a while.

G29Reload
12-03-2012, 13:36
So I'm at a nice restaurant enjoying a quiet dinner after a hard day's work, and I'm just minding my business checking my mail on my phone.

All of a sudden, out of nowhere, some nutcase storms up to my table and starts in on me. He was rambling on about something with where I was pointing my phone, hell, I dunno, sounded like he was drunk of something. I just nodded absently and shrugged it off and returned to typing away on my phone.

Well, wouldn't ya know it, this psycho doesn't know when to go away. He starts screaming at me calling me all kinds of names and told me to drop my phone and pay attention to him. Now, I'm not sure if this guys off his meds or what, but I don't want to deal with him while I'm digesting my meal and absolutely don't want to make a scene. I calmly suggest he goes about his business and thats when he starts calling me a freak and a pedophile. I'm absolutely stunned - one second I'm sitting there eating dinner and the next this lunatic is in my face.

At this point I'm about to stomp a mudhole in his ass (he wasn't much to look at and I'm a pretty heavyset middle-aged dude, I can hold my own), but his wife runs up to him and grabs him before I can even respond. She tells him to shut up and get out to the car; she's obviously pissed, I can only imagine he causes scenes like this frequently. As he storms off she profusely apologizes to me before taking the rest of the family off to the car with him.

Me and the waitresses had a good laugh about that nutcase after he left, but boy oh boy was it another reminder that there are a lot of crazy people out there and another lesson why we need to be aware of our surroundings.

Bravissimo!

Leigh
12-03-2012, 13:51
Even John Rambo finds an acorn once in a while.

No kidding!:supergrin:

Patchman
12-03-2012, 13:54

Yes, but did you recently move here from Iraq and why does that Iraqi friend of yours hate the SSA so much? So you KNOW who I'm referring to? Good. Let's talk!