Does battlecomp reduce flash? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Does battlecomp reduce flash?

Diesel McBadass
12-03-2012, 16:16
I hear conflicting things, i hear its as good as a birdcage and i hear it has a fireball thats just "not as bad as a true comp."

Wondering what those with experience with it, especially shooting at night next to a birdcage think

WoodenPlank
12-03-2012, 16:36
I haven't shot one at night, but it definitely won't throw as much of a fireball as, say, a Surefire 556k brake does. I've shot those two side by side, and I was very impressed with the muzzle rise reduction on the BattleComp.

Personally, I'm waiting on the BCM Gunfighter comp to start shipping. I've heard VERY good things, and it is going to be much cheaper than the BattleComp.

mvician
12-03-2012, 16:49
http://youtu.be/ggfyDANbD6U

Travclem
12-03-2012, 17:07
http://youtu.be/ggfyDANbD6U
Gotta love those tuning forks.

My BC1 throws a pretty good fireball, from my experience I think the video downplays it.

Diesel McBadass
12-03-2012, 17:12
im geting an ar in a couple months, am looking at what i may put on. I think supressions more important than a comp, so thught if a comp supresses that may be the way to go, if it doesn't suppress, theirs always the birdcage

WoodenPlank
12-03-2012, 17:40
im geting an ar in a couple months, am looking at what i may put on. I think supressions more important than a comp, so thught if a comp supresses that may be the way to go, if it doesn't suppress, theirs always the birdcage

...suppress what? Flash? Then look at a good flash hider, like the Vortex, AAC, or Surefire.

If you mean noise suppression, I hope you are prepared for the paperwork and $200 stamp.

Travclem
12-03-2012, 18:16
I'm really not worried about flash, what I don't like is the noise. Comps/brakes are LOUD, unless of course they are used in conjunction with a silencer. My ears rang for 3 days after our last hog massacre.

Diesel McBadass
12-03-2012, 18:24
i meant supress flaw, ill have a can someday though

Travclem
12-03-2012, 18:29
I have 2 pending paperwork. The ATF is costing me my hearing one day at a time.:rofl:

Diesel McBadass
12-03-2012, 18:43
looks like bravo company has a comp that s supposed to compete with battlecomp but it looks like a bircage almost with the slots? Anyone got info on it?

KalashniKEV
12-03-2012, 18:51

There is no way to suppress the flaws in your rifle.

You must not try to pass off your flawed rifle as "just as good" as a quality rifle.

You must choose wisely the first time.

Colt, Noveske, BCM, DD, LMT

WoodenPlank
12-03-2012, 18:59
looks like bravo company has a comp that s supposed to compete with battlecomp but it looks like a bircage almost with the slots? Anyone got info on it?

The internal geometry is supposedly more like that of the BattleComp than an A2 cage.

There is no way to suppress the flaws in your rifle.

You must not try to pass off your flawed rifle as "just as good" as a quality rifle.

You must choose wisely the first time.

Colt, Noveske, BCM, DD, LMT

:rofl:

boomhower
12-03-2012, 19:00
It certainly has more flash than an A2 but it's not a huge fireball. You can certainly tell when I'm on the line compared to my co-workers with A2's. It's not bad and I would buy another. I'm also looking forward to see what BCM has incoming.

WoodenPlank
12-03-2012, 19:03
Speaking of BCM comp...

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj565/browcs/Suppressors%20and%20Muzzle%20Devices/BCMGUNFIGHTERCompensator_zps0934a551.jpg

(Image blatantly swiped from TOS)

Cole125
12-03-2012, 19:18
I've got a Battlecomp 1.0 on my go-to rifle and its does not have any more muzzle flash than a birdcage suppressor. Not louder either.

It works as advertised and eliminate muzzle climb. Great product.

WoodenPlank
12-03-2012, 19:20
I've got a Battlecomp 1.0 on my go-to rifle and its does not have any more muzzle flash than a birdcage suppressor. Not louder either.

It works as advertised and eliminate muzzle climb. Great product.

Not louder for you, or not louder for people standing next to you?

On a 14.5-16" gun, a Surefire 556k brake isn't that bad for the shooter. For the poor bastard next to him, though...

Then again, that brake sucks for everyone, including the shooter, on a 10.5" gun. Learned that the hard way.

bigmoney890
12-03-2012, 19:26
Speaking of BCM comp...

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj565/browcs/Suppressors%20and%20Muzzle%20Devices/BCMGUNFIGHTERCompensator_zps0934a551.jpg

(Image blatantly swiped from TOS)

When is this coming out, and how much?

Cole125
12-03-2012, 19:29
The Battlecomp does not seem to have nearly the noise/concussion of other breaks for the shooter or bystanders. I've stood several feet to the side of my buddy while he was shooting my rifle and did not notice anything more than a birdcage.

WoodenPlank
12-03-2012, 19:31
When is this coming out, and how much?

Was supposed to be November, but it's not out yet. $90 for the Mod 0, $95 for the Mod 1, which is longer and comes pre-drilled to be pinned and welded to a 14.5" barrel to bring it to 16".

mjkeat
12-03-2012, 19:35
I run BC 1.5's on 2 14.5" LW's and a PWS556 on a 16" SS410. The BC's do not get near the reaction from other shooters the PWS does.

At night the BC's perform well. The others use A2's and even they through some flame. The PWS is the most visible at night. IMO there isn't a real difference in flash. Muzzle control however is much different.

surf
12-04-2012, 02:05
A few things to note....

- Unless if you have extremely high speed video, many video comparisons are often deceiving due to FPS of the camera. Much can be missed between those frame rates so take video with a grain of salt here.

- Note that the BattleComp using ammo from the same lot can have varying flash signatures for various reasons.

- Different ammo loads can produce different results.

- You can't have your cake and eat it too, but right now on the market, IMO the BC is the closet thing to it. Others are on the horizon.

Having said that, does the BattleComp reduce flash? Compared to what? An open barrel, a PWS FSC, a Surefire MBK, etc? Well then the answer is yes. In comparison to a standard Birdcage? No as it really was designed as a compensator first, that also had as low of a flash signature that has been seen on the market while still maintaining excellent compensation characteristics outside of a suppressor. The BC comes relatively close but still has a good bit more flash. Noticeably more flash but not enough that you lose your sight picture in the dark. It does however provide the lowest flash signature that I have seen with the best compensation characteristics of a muzzle device currently available, again outside of suppression. However as mentioned above the BCM is about to hit the open market and there is another Z Comp that looks promising. I have some initial feedback on both comps but until I handle them myself I will refrain from comment.

samuse
12-04-2012, 12:57
I had a Battle Comp briefly.

I never shot it at night, but other than being slighly louder and higher pitched than an A2, it didn't do anything.

As in total waste of money.

Mayhem like Me
12-04-2012, 13:02

I never shot it at night, but other than being slighly louder and higher pitched than an A2, it didn't do anything.

Shooter in a recent class had one on her Daniel Defense 14.5 inch rifle at dusk the fireball at 11 and 12 o'clock on her weapon was very evident.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Cole125
12-04-2012, 19:15

What gas system length/barrel profile did you have it on out of curiosity?