Got some great health news today. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Got some great health news today.

Detectorist
12-04-2012, 01:07
I like to share the good stuff and keep the bad stuff to myself.

Last week I had battery of tests regarding the thing growing inside my brain and on my spinal cord.

Looks like it may have shrunk a tiny bit. The experimental medications I'm taking have given me hope, for the first time in 10 years.

I've even got most of my strength back. Amazing stuff, for sure.

And for those who always put down Doctors and the VA, I say get a grip. If you have a serious condition, move closer to a VA associated with a top notch medical school(s). I've got St. Louis Medical School and Washington University. I was lucky they were conducting just the right study at just the right time.

And another thing, the Docs who do full time research don't get paid squat. We need to pay them more.

TK-421
12-04-2012, 01:33
Congrats to hear you're doing better and not one of those people who bash doctors and hospitals, and then swoop in when they're in trouble and think none of their friends are looking.

Inebriated
12-04-2012, 01:39
Congrats on the good news!

Detectorist
12-04-2012, 01:39
Congrats to hear you're doing better and not one of those people who bash doctors and hospitals, and then swoop in when they're in trouble and think none of their friends are looking.

The only time I had a bad experience with a Doctor was with my dermatologist.

I needed a small tumor removed from the side of my eye and let her do it. After a painful injection she started cutting. I told her it hurt like heck but she wouldn't stop,

I couldn't get mad at her. She was too hawt. The next few times I went to her she didn't charge me.

TK-421
12-04-2012, 01:42
The next few times I went to her she didn't charge me.

Bow chicka wow wow. :supergrin:

Detectorist
12-04-2012, 01:45
Bow chicka wow wow. :supergrin:

And she made it a point to tell me she was getting divorced.

I was too stupid back then to realize that she gave me a huge opening.

:crying:
l

TK-421
12-04-2012, 01:48
she gave me a huge opening.

l

You sure you want a chick that loose? :tongueout:

napp32
12-04-2012, 05:19
..... she gave me a huge opening.

l

A couple of extra stitches would have fixed that. :whistling:

Mrs. VR
12-04-2012, 05:41
If you don't mind sharing, what was your diagnosis? MS? TM? CIDP? Something else entirely? What treatment did they use?

IF you don't feel comfortable sharing, I totally understand, but this is somewhat relevant to my interests. (family member)

eta: Forgot to say, great news!!