So who do you think will win the NFL MVP? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : So who do you think will win the NFL MVP?

IndyGunFreak
12-04-2012, 03:55
At this point, I can't see it being anyone other than Peyton Manning, or *MAYBE*, Matt Ryan.

Luck seems to be a shoe in for Rookie of the Year.

WarEagle 1
12-04-2012, 04:10
As much as I hate the Vikes it's AP for MVP!!

And for ROY it's RG3 without a doubt. Luck is good but even Russell Wilson has better stats then Luck.

Peace Warrior
12-04-2012, 04:12
Who cares if costas is still around.

Dan_ntx
12-04-2012, 04:45
Manning... Players respect him, coaches fear him, and the medical drama surrounding his absence as well as the classy way he left Indy made him a shoe in *if* he could still play...

He seems to be playing just fine (understatement) and will cruise into the playoffs.

For ROY I agree with Luck as the choice. Wilson's stats don't matter. The Colts went 1-15 and gave up Manning to get Luck. He is playing like a vet and at 8-4 they have a post season chance. The fact that Manning is playing so well makes the Luck deal look even more risky. I love RG3, and in a vacuum I think he is the most dynamic rookie playing, but Luck has consistency and just wins.

AP might be having a great season... And if he were on my fantasy team I might notice...but the Vikes don't get national games, so it's a mystery to me. Denver has been on so often I was starting to think I had moved to Co. That speaks volumes.

I realize my opinion is 200% vanilla, and requires no real thought, but I am a firm believer that ROY and MVP are picked by consensus...and consensus votes are generally vanilla.

Dan_ntx
12-04-2012, 04:54
Who cares if costas is still around.

No worries, Costas is being saved by the new 800 lb gorilla entering the room. Traumatic head injuries in sports that are linked to aggressive behavior.

He will fade into the background....might apologize for offending some people...will certainly tie the apology to a reminder that he didn't write the piece he read....and will certainly link his apology to the timing of the remarks, thus avoiding the fact that his remarks were offensive and ignorant no matter when or to whom they are said.

Already, my local news (and I'm sure yours) is running sports concussion stories, links to aggressive behavior, and future medical problems of those concussions...all great stories, but the timing is obvious. I even caught a round table discussion on CNN yesterday with a former NFL running back and 3 enablers that basically let me know that playing football means you have dangerous lingering health problems that can cause erratic and dangerous behavior...

AtlantaR6
12-04-2012, 05:23
Luck for ROY. While RG3 might be doing great, he has a lot better team around him to work with. Luck has made it work with very little.

Peace Warrior
12-04-2012, 05:25
No worries, Costas is being saved by the new 800 lb gorilla entering the room. Traumatic head injuries in sports that are linked to aggressive behavior.

He will fade into the background....might apologize for offending some people...will certainly tie the apology to a reminder that he didn't write the piece he read....and will certainly link his apology to the timing of the remarks, thus avoiding the fact that his remarks were offensive and ignorant no matter when or to whom they are said.

Already, my local news (and I'm sure yours) is running sports concussion stories, links to aggressive behavior, and future medical problems of those concussions...all great stories, but the timing is obvious. I even caught a round table discussion on CNN yesterday with a former NFL running back and 3 enablers that basically let me know that playing football means you have dangerous lingering health problems that can cause erratic and dangerous behavior...
Yeah, I saw that head injury/concussion thing coming down the pike a ways back. IMHO, it was rolled out for several reasons (i.e., think current lawsuits by former players/players' families), but one notable objective for hiding a murder in plain sight by calling down the head injury/concussion argument was to make this event palatable to those with a conscience.

I'm sure this event was quickly focus grouped and they found that while some wouldn't care either way, there were going to be some NFL fanatics with a little stronger conscience and morality (e.g., People who know murder is wrong), and these fans would need a subtle push into their cognitive dissonance so as to warrant their unimpeded, continued watching of prime time NFL football games.

All things equal, costas is an idiot for giving airtime to some bigger racist idiot (i.e., whitlock), whom thinks he is an actual sports writer.

An aside: Law & Order, the tv show, once had a great episode concerning racism. Of the two main characters, one who was white asked the other, whom was black, "You are going to have to decide whether you are a black lawyer, or a lawyer that is black, which is it?"

whitlock is showing himself to be black before all other things, which includes utilizing common sense. I'd love to see whitlock's face if he were ever surrounded by a group of thugs wanting to hurt/kill him solely due to his race. I assume he'd quickly rethink his position on guns and gun ownership if placed in such a situation, which IMO makes him at best an elitist with a racist agenda. (Akin to the likes of sharpton, j jackson Sr, et al.)

ETA: IIRC, didn't Dennis Rodman have an event in the Bull's stadium parking lot with a gun? Rodman was king of the defensive board, and he made it through his mental dilemma without murdering others or killing himself.

Dennis in MA
12-04-2012, 07:29
Bob Costas for sure.

eb07
12-04-2012, 09:36
Adrian Peterson or Tom Brady. Tossup

TBO
12-04-2012, 09:39
It's a QB league/award, but AP of the Vikes looks like he's as deserving as anyone has ever been.