Anyone got some 9mm 147 grain gold dot load data? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got some 9mm 147 grain gold dot load data?

samkat
12-04-2012, 07:13
Can't find any in my 4 load books and was worried about C.O.A.L. more than anything;I have unique,power pistol,HP38 and true blue and tight group.Hope this dont get complicated cause I hate wondering about seating depth.

ColoCG
12-04-2012, 08:14
Can't find any in my 4 load books and was worried about C.O.A.L. more than anything;I have unique,power pistol,HP38 and true blue and tight group.Hope this dont get complicated cause I hate wondering about seating depth.

Alliant'S website has this data on GD's http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/index.aspx

They have loads for Unique, PP, and Blue Dot. They list a C.O.A.L. of 1.130" with the 147gr. GD. This length works for me but coal is always gun specific. You need to reduce the loads listed by 10% and work up slowly. I have had good results with both Unique and PP with the Speer Gold Dot.

Good Luck.

FLSlim
12-05-2012, 14:24
Speer lists OAL at l.130 and offers load data on Unique, Blue Dot and PP. Not too surprising that it is the same as the Alliant site, is it..... Highest velocity they list is using Blue Dot, but the other two are only about 50 fps behind. It is generally recommended that one stay with slower burning powders for the 147 gr 9mm bullets; I wouldn't use TG and HP38/231 is on the cusp.

SARDG
12-05-2012, 15:19
Speer lists OAL at l.130 and offers load data on Unique, Blue Dot and PP. Not too surprising that it is the same as the Alliant site, is it..... Highest velocity they list is using Blue Dot, but the other two are only about 50 fps behind. It is generally recommended that one stay with slower burning powders for the 147 gr 9mm bullets; I wouldn't use TG and HP38/231 is on the cusp.
TG should work fine with 147s. I used it for bunny fart loads to just make PF but I used a MG CMJ at ~1.13X. The OAL may have to be adjusted for the Gold Dot, and your velocities and PF won't be much, but it should work fine. If the goal is actual SD loads, I think more people are using 124 at a higher velocity. You could likely work up a 124 load with TG as well, but it will still be a relatively s-l-o-w load.