What to do with my "Jewish" friend ?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What to do with my "Jewish" friend ??

ysr_racer
12-04-2012, 07:40
I've got a Jewish friend that I've known for 50+ years. In fact my mother and his mother were friends when they were little kids.

He's pro Hamas, pro Palestinian, and can't understand why Israel won't give the Palestinians "their" land back,

He thinks if the Israelis treated the Palestinians better, they wouldn't hate them so much.

On a side note, he thinks if America treated muslims better, they wouldn't hate us so much.

What an a-hole.

http://ts1.explicit.bing.net/th?id=I.4634738681447112&pid=15.1

wvtarheel
12-04-2012, 07:40
stop being friends with an idiot.

Fredder
12-04-2012, 07:56
stop being friends with an idiot.
This.
You can't fix STUPID. It is a self correcting defect.

KalashniKEV
12-04-2012, 08:00
He's pro Hamas, pro Palestinian, and can't understand why Israel won't give the Palestinians "their" land back,

He thinks if the Israelis treated the Palestinians better, they wouldn't hate them so much.

This is pretty much the opinion of anyone who understands anything about the conflict.

How would you feel if space aliens herded you and yours into a concentration camp and forced a life of poverty on you all?

NMG26
12-04-2012, 08:05
I've got a Jewish friend that I've known for 50+ years. In fact my mother and his mother were friends when they were little kids.

On a side note, he thinks if America treated muslims better, they wouldn't hate us so much.

What an a-hole.

You think your friend is an a-hole because he does not think like you?

How Jewish is this friend? Is he religious? Does he go to a synagogue that teaches what he believes? I wonder if this is a common thought among the Jewish community?

DanaT
12-04-2012, 08:06
maybe you can strip him of his jewish "citizenship"? kick him out of the country and send him to gaza? i mean no way in hell should someone ever be allowed to have a different opinion than you.

ysr_racer
12-04-2012, 08:09
You think your friend is an a-hole because he does not think like you?

How Jewish is this friend? Is he religious? Does he go to a synagogue that teaches what he believes? I wonder if this is a common thought among the Jewish community?

Yes, not very, no, no, I'm Jewish trust me it's not.

Rabbi
12-04-2012, 08:09
I wonder if this is a common thought among the Jewish community?

The Jewish community is not a monolithic group of people. It is fairly diverse but definately trends towards the secular end of the scale. Many American Jews see themselves as inheritors of a cultural identitiy not as followers of a religion, even if they attend services.

In general, American Jews trend pro Israel.

ysr_racer
12-04-2012, 08:12
maybe you can strip him of his jewish "citizenship"? kick him out of the country and send him to gaza? i mean no way in hell should someone ever be allowed to have a different opinion than you.

dos vidaniya, comrade

JMS
12-04-2012, 08:17
Tell him we want the Temple Mount back and the 3rd Temple rebuilt where the Dome of the Rock is occupying the space, as soon as that happens we'll consider giving land 'back.'

The Arabs are pretty silent about the 800,000 Jews expelled from their lands, can my family get their homes, jewlery, money, etc back that they had to leave behind in Iran??

http://www.jta.org/news/article/2012/09/23/3107736/israel-highlights-jewish-refugees-of-arab-countries-at-un

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_exodus_from_Arab_and_Muslim_countries

It's rough in Gaza....
http://israelmatzav.blogspot.com/2010/05/olympic-swimming-pool-opens-in-gaza.html

http://www.israelifrontline.com/2012/09/how-many-millionaires-live-in.html

Psychman
12-04-2012, 08:49
The Jewish community is not a monolithic group of people. It is fairly diverse but definately trends towards the secular end of the scale. Many American Jews see themselves as inheritors of a cultural identitiy not as followers of a religion, even if they attend services.

And if a "Rabbi" doesn't know who would??

HexHead
12-04-2012, 08:55
How Jewish is this friend?

Think Fiddler on the Roof. Audience or cast?

NMG26
12-04-2012, 08:55

I think that is where people like me tend to misunderstand. Raised fundamentalist Christian I think in terms of "Jewish" as being the religion.

Seems to almost never mean that.

FriarTuck
12-04-2012, 09:09
he thinks if America treated muslims better, they wouldn't hate us so much.

If he thinks it's all America's fault, ask him why Pasha Yusuf Karamanli of Tripoli (Libya) declared war on the United States on May 14, 1801. It was because the US refused to pay any more tribute to protect US ships from Muslim piracy.

Islam has been attacking non-Muslims since long before the days of Robin Hood.

wvtarheel
12-04-2012, 09:12
This is pretty much the opinion of anyone who understands anything about the conflict.

False. There are conflicting, reasonable opinions among informed educated people regarding this issue. If you think there is only "one true way" to examine it, you need to take your head out of the sand.

ChuteTheMall
12-04-2012, 09:19
He sounds like an Obama voter. Shun him.

Drain You
12-04-2012, 09:21
I thought this thread was going to be asking for advice on how to welcome them with Hanukkah celebrations so they don't feel left out.

KalashniKEV
12-04-2012, 09:21
He sounds like an Obama voter. Shun him.

LOL... so the vast majority of Jews should shun... the vast majority of Jews?

:rofl:

I say make him an official Palestinian and toss him over the wall into the ghetto!

Issue him his papers and have him ready to display them on command.

tantrix
12-04-2012, 09:38
One of my best friends is from Jordan, and he laughs at all the 'pro-Israel' in America. After he told me what is really going on over there between those two (Israel and Palestine) instead of what Fox News tells me, I tend to agree now. Israel needs to get their act together.

Dennis in MA
12-04-2012, 09:39
Think Fiddler on the Roof. Audience or cast?

LOL... so the vast majority of Jews should shun... the vast majority of Jews?

Zactly! LOL

DanaT
12-04-2012, 09:53
I think that is where people like me tend to misunderstand. Raised fundamentalist Christian I think in terms of "Jewish" as being the religion.

Seems to almost never mean that.

It is a religion and not a race. Being Jewish is no more race than being Spanish, Italian, Dutch, etc. They are all Caucasian race.

As Rabbi has stated in a previous thread, it is a group of people who hold beliefs (either religious or secular) that have not assimilated with the cultures that they move to.

I promise you if we were having the same discussions and Mexicans who came to the USA refused to assimilate, GT would be all over them about if they want to move to the USA they need to learn the language, follow the laws and customs of the USA and so forth.

How many Americans of lets say Irish decent (pick whatever European country you) identify themselves as something other than American? Sure they may say "i am irish" but they are not saying it as "i am of irish decent". Most have never been to Ireland. Most could not identify Ireland on a map. Most would not know if they were "irish" that came from the UK or Irish that came from the Republic of Ireland. They cant speak nor understand Gaelic. They really dont care about Ireland. In no way are they Irish. They are American. Their citizenship is American. They put the USA first.

JMS
12-04-2012, 09:54
One of my best friends is from Jordan, and he laughs at all the 'pro-Israel' in America. After he told me what is really going on over there between those two (Israel and Palestine) instead of what Fox News tells me, I tend to agree now. Israel needs to get their act together.

I'm sure he's not biased :whistling:

Gunhaver
12-04-2012, 09:57
Tell him that one of the most liberal members of GT said Eff Hamas, eff Palistine and eff Muslims. If I had to pick a religion it'd be Judaism. They're so much more education focused than the others and don't fail nearly as much at answering tough questions. And like Granpa used to say, "Ain't no trailer ever burned up because a Menorah was accidentally tipped over".

tantrix
12-04-2012, 10:13
I'm sure he's not biased :whistling:

He's not biased at all. He's not from Israel or Palestine, and he's also neither Jewish nor Muslim.

He's Jordanian, and he's Catholic...he has no dog in the fight.

Andy W
12-04-2012, 10:15

Yeah, there is some bad **** going on over there. Israel isn't the only country that has done bad things to Palestinians though. Google Black September.

mwelch8404
12-04-2012, 10:26

How would you feel if space aliens herded you and yours into a concentration camp and forced a life of poverty on you all?

Forced? Concentration camp? How many ACTUAL Palestinians "left Israel" in 1949? Why did they leave?

How about one number? around 30,000 ORIGINAL Palestinian refugees...

I hate to pick on people... Well OK that's a lie, I enjoy it, but you need to read more actual history and less propaganda.

Most of this started when the Arab nations surrounding Israel told the Palestinians to leave and they'd run the Jews into the sea, and the Palestinians could have all of it.

Israel has been asking to be recognized as a state since '49 and which Arab nation has actually given that recognition?

eruby
12-04-2012, 10:28
Make him your EX-friend. Yes, I am obviously biased.

samurairabbi
12-04-2012, 10:35
There is a notable faction within the Israeli electorate that wishes Israel would use the same daring let-it-all-hang-out approach in diplomacy that it has demonstrated in military conduct. The "functional" peace status that had existed with Egypt and Jordan added impetuous to this thinking by reducing the level of the insurgent Gaza / West Bank threat, since the "local" threat would not be supported by those.two.nations. The most recent events in Egypt may have hurt this outlook.

KalashniKEV
12-04-2012, 10:37
Forced? Concentration camp? How many ACTUAL Palestinians "left Israel" in 1949? Why did they leave?

How about one number? around 30,000 ORIGINAL Palestinian refugees...

Are you talking about the Deir Yassin massacre and the following Nakba?

What point are you trying to make other than that Israel was forged in blood and Evil?

I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about...

samurairabbi
12-04-2012, 10:53

Deir Yassin is routinely invoked. Check out the fall of the Etzion Group of three Jewish settlements in the Israeli War of Independence. It was Dier Yassen ... TRIPLED!

JMS
12-04-2012, 10:59

What point are you trying to make other than that Israel was forged in blood and Evil?

What else is new Abudallahkev? I must have missed your post crying for your brethren in Syria....

You troll in every thread about Israel, adding nothing but the propaganda you've consumed and are repeating verbatim. I'm sure you were cheering the Ft. Hood attack as the two of you seem to be cut from the same cloth, a 5th column within the US military.

JMS
12-04-2012, 11:04
What's 40,000 dead in Hama (among friends). There's not a whole lot of outrage in the Arab world when they are massacring each other. That's what crocodile tears look like. 1 Hamas terrorist dead and the apologists cry massacre, 20,000 dead in Syria (recently) and you don't hear a peep. That's why the leftist, apologists aren't taken seriously.

KalashniKEV
12-04-2012, 11:16
I'm sure you were cheering the Ft. Hood attack as the two of you seem to be cut from the same cloth, a 5th column within the US military.

This post is extremely out of line.

Glockgeezer
12-04-2012, 11:17
I think the American Indians have a better chance of getting their land back. Where's all the righteous indignation over the way we treated the Native Americans. If Israel had enough Kutzpah they could own the entire mid-east after '67.

Mushinto
12-04-2012, 11:17
False. There are conflicting, reasonable opinions among informed educated people regarding this issue. If you think there is only "one true way" to examine it, you need to take your head out of the sand.

Don't feed the trolls, and maybe they will go somewhere else.

It is a religion and not a race. Being Jewish is no more race than being Spanish, Italian, Dutch, etc. They are all Caucasian race.

As Rabbi has stated in a previous thread, it is a group of people who hold beliefs (either religious or secular) that have not assimilated with the cultures that they move to...

None of what you say is true. Briefly, there have been found to be common DNA markers among a good percentage of Jewish people, going back thousands of years.

As for the Jews not assimilating in indigenous cultures, reading history will prove otherwise.

He's not biased at all. He's not from Israel or Palestine, and he's also neither Jewish nor Muslim.

Ask your friend why Jordan refused entry to the thousands of people (later given the name Palestinians) who voluntarily left Israel when the country was created.

Ask your friend if the so-called Palestinian people are ethnically exactly the same as the Jordanians.

Ask your friend why these so-called refugees cannot find a place to hang out in Jordan, which is about three times the size of Israel, with less the population.

He may have no dog in the fight, but that does not mean he wasn't brainwashed.

I've got a Jewish friend ...

He is technically Jewish, but his religion is Liberalism. Sadly, that "faith" has more influence in America than any other.

gjk5
12-04-2012, 11:18

well since we are going all anecdotal here: My Lebanese, very Catholic friend feels exactly the opposite, so he MUST be right.

gjk5
12-04-2012, 11:19
This post is extremely out of line.

no, it's actually right on the money. you are an america hating apologist.

tantrix
12-04-2012, 11:28
well since we are going all anecdotal here: My Lebanese, very Catholic friend feels exactly the opposite, so he MUST be right.

His entire family still live in Jordan, with the exception of him and his wife, so...I'm pretty sure he's more qualified to speak on the subject than anyone in this thread so far.

This thread is as stupid as a bunch of guys from the U.K. coming on GT trying to school people about the state of Texas. :rofl:

SC Tiger
12-04-2012, 11:35
Read the book "Striking Back" about the attack on the Israeli Olympic team and the retaliation by the Israeli government afterwards. It will shed a new light on the whole thing.

I also don't think the Palestinians are all Muslim either (though the vast majority are). I have seen references to Christian Palestinians. Regardless I tend to lean toward the Israeli side of this mess if for no other reason that Israel is a US ally.

KalashniKEV
12-04-2012, 11:38
no, it's actually right on the money. you are an america hating apologist.

Actually JMS has been very vocal about consistently placing the interests of the State of Israel above U.S. national interest and foreign policy goals.

That is a despicable comment from a despicable person... and he should be ashamed for posting it.

JMS
12-04-2012, 11:39
His entire family still live in Jordan, with the exception of him and his wife, so...I'm pretty sure he's more qualified to speak on the subject than anyone in this thread so far.

This thread is as stupid as a bunch of guys from the U.K. coming on GT trying to school people about the state of Texas. :rofl:

I'd agree with you except for the fact that I was born in Israel and 95% of my family still lives there. So I am clearly biased towards one side. I admit it, most people on the other side won't. They "care" about both sides, but......

I'm sure your friend who resides in the East Bank (Jordan) would rather Israel absorb the Palestinians in the West Bank than to be responsible for their resettlement in Jordan.

I also find it HILARIOUS how all of these countries started a war with Israel, lost and now they want their land back. I wish Israel held on the Sinai, that could be "Palestine." Access to the Mediterranian as well as other ports and a large piece of land. Instead the Palestinians want the West Bank, with no access to any port and land locked and Gaza, a postage size piece of land. Not the smartest bunch.

JMS
12-04-2012, 11:42
That is a despicable comment from a despicable person... and he should be ashamed for posting it.

That noise is either the smallest violin in the world or the sound of a nail being struck right on the head.

KalashniKEV
12-04-2012, 11:44
I'd agree with you except for the fact that I was born in Israel and 95% of my family still lives there.

I don't know if you posted this before, but if you did, I missed it.

This provides more than enough explanation for your misplaced loyalties.

You get a pass for that- but not for your foolish comment.

JMS
12-04-2012, 11:47
I don't know if you posted this before, but if you did, I missed it.

This provides more than enough explanation for your misplaced loyalties.

You get a pass for that- but not for your foolish comment.

Sounds like I really ruffled your turban. :rofl:

Andy W
12-04-2012, 11:48
I'd agree with you except for the fact that I was born in Israel and 95% of my family still lives there. So I am clearly biased towards one side. I admit it, most people on the other side won't. They "care" about both sides, but......

I'm sure your friend who resides in the East Bank (Jordan) would rather Israel absorb the Palestinians in the West Bank than to be responsible for their resettlement in Jordan.

I also find it HILARIOUS how all of these countries started a war with Israel, lost and now they want their land back. I wish Israel held on the Sinai, that could be "Palestine." Access to the Mediterranian as well as other ports and a large piece of land. Instead the Palestinians want the West Bank, with no access to any port and land locked and Gaza, a postage size piece of land. Not the smartest bunch.

Weren't Gaza and the West Bank, in larger size than they are now, the areas set aside as the Palestinian state in the 1947 UN partition plan?

nursetim
12-04-2012, 11:58
Next time he runs with scissors, STFU.

JMS
12-04-2012, 12:00
Weren't Gaza and the West Bank, in larger size than they are now, the areas set aside as the Palestinian state in the 1947 UN partition plan?

Yes, however the Palestinians REJECTED the plan.

Glocksanity
12-04-2012, 12:13
Agree to disagree and move on.

How does his thinking affect your life in any way? Who gives a crap? He thinks Israel is a terrorist state, you don't.

I think the moon is hollow and you don't.

Big deal.

Andy W
12-04-2012, 12:25

I was just asking a question. I don't really have a dog in this fight either. I am a politcial science major and I'm taking a Middle East Politics class now though.

DanaT
12-04-2012, 12:37
None of what you say is true. Briefly, there have been found to be common DNA markers among a good percentage of Jewish people, going back thousands of years.

And those markers are found in Caucasians too. Jewish is not a race. You may not like that, but it doesnt change the fact.

gjk5
12-04-2012, 12:39

and the family of my friend all still live in Lebanon.

I agree with your second paragraph, I was just pointing out how useless it is to state someone else's opinion on the matter and present it as fact.

NeverMore1701
12-04-2012, 12:48
I care about Israel as much as I care about any middle eastern country.

JMS
12-04-2012, 12:56
and the family of my friend all still live in Lebanon.

I agree with your second paragraph, I was just pointing out how useless it is to state someone else's opinion on the matter and present it as fact.

Opinion presented as facts is rampant on this forum.

NMG26
12-04-2012, 14:03
What Are We Fighting For? Version 2.0 - YouTube

tantrix
12-04-2012, 14:09

I'm not really sure how he feels about what Israel should do, but he's not as big of a supporter of them as most Americans are...which is understandable because he has actually seen it 1st-hand for the majority of his life.

I might shoot him a text of this thread and see if he wants to add anything one way or the other.

tsmo1066
12-04-2012, 14:16
I have a good friend from Pakistan who works with me and he put it very well one day. He told me, "The Israelis are all Zionists who want to oppress and annihilate Muslims and have already largely enslaved the Palestinians!"

He then added, "Of course, if you publicly say anything else in Pakistan your wife and kids will find your head mounted on a fencepost the next day."

HollowHead
12-04-2012, 14:21
It is a religion and not a race. Being Jewish is no more race than being Spanish, Italian, Dutch, etc.

I would imagine that it is more of an ethnicity than you'd think. Are there not diseases/syndromes like Tay Sachs that only affect Jews? I find it hard to believe that an illness can detect one's faith before manifesting itself... HH

Glocksanity
12-04-2012, 14:31
I would imagine that it is more of an ethnicity than you'd think. Are there not diseases/syndromes like Tay Sachs that only affect Jews? I find it hard to believe that an illness can detect one's faith before manifesting itself... HH

Most Jews are Ashkenazi in descent with no lineage linking them to Jerusalem or 'Israel.'

JMS
12-04-2012, 15:36
Most Jews are Ashkenazi in descent with no lineage linking them to Jerusalem or 'Israel.'

You're so right, there is no link between Judaism and Israel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_Mount

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masada

No connection whatsoever.

BTW find another topic to troll on/act like you're absolutely off the wall about because you're not going to 'win.' Fact always beats fiction.

Glocksanity
12-04-2012, 16:53
You're so right, there is no link between Judaism and Israel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_Mount

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masada

No connection whatsoever.

BTW find another topic to troll on/act like you're absolutely off the wall about because you're not going to 'win.' Fact always beats fiction.

It's interesting how the European Jews (Ashkanazi) always refer to other Jews as 'Moroccan Jews' or 'Ethiopian Jews' or 'Yemeni Jews' but refer to themselves only as Jews rather than 'European Jews' as if they are the pure semetic Jew, which they are not. They are Anglo Jews for the most part with European ancestry.

As for winning? I couldn't care less about winning on the internet. I just know that Israel is the world's biggest problem when it comes to peace. Well, them and the Rothschild bankers who finance all the wars. Ha ha ha.

DanaT
12-04-2012, 17:08
It's interesting how the European Jews (Ashkanazi) always refer to other Jews as 'Moroccan Jews' or 'Ethiopian Jews' or 'Yemeni Jews' but refer to themselves only as Jews rather than 'European Jews' as if they are the pure semetic Jew, which they are not. They are Anglo Jews for the most part with European ancestry.

As for winning? I couldn't care less about winning on the internet. I just know that Israel is the world's biggest problem when it comes to peace. Well, them and the Rothschild bankers who finance all the wars. Ha ha ha.

$10 that the next post by JMS will contain the word(s) anti-Semite, anti-Semitic, Nazi, or Swastika.

:popcorn:

Officer X
12-04-2012, 17:23

Is he a cop friend you work with...or one of your mma sparring partners?

sputnik767
12-04-2012, 18:26

Here's the problem, you're not dealing with an educated person. You're dealing with somebody who has a clear agenda, based on this comment and probably a hundred others he's made in the past. If you look up his other posts, he is clearly an antisemite. And I never throw that word around lightly.

JMS
12-04-2012, 18:31
$10 that the next post by JMS will contain the word(s) anti-Semite, anti-Semitic, Nazi, or Swastika.

$10 says your next post is about being an absentee husband/parent traipsing around Europe.

"Well, them and the Rothschild bankers who finance all the wars." What do you call that?

sputnik767
12-04-2012, 18:31

Then started a war 24 hours later, then lost that war. And then started another one and lost it, and then started another one and lost it as well. And that just takes us to 1973. And now they think that they are somehow owed that which they lost in wars that they started.

DanaT
12-04-2012, 18:33
$10 says your next post is about being an absentee husband/parent traipsing around Europe.

"Well, them and the Rothschild bankers who finance all the wars." What do you call that?

Sorry. I am not in Europe.

JMS
12-04-2012, 18:36

This is the best you could come up with? You truly come to the battle of wits unarmed.

sputnik767
12-04-2012, 18:38

Tay Sachs does not only affect Jews. It is predominant in Jews, and French Canadians as well as Cajuns at rates similar to Ashkenazi Jews. There is no disease that only affects a certain group of people (Kuru notwithstanding). But if you look into Kuru, you'll see why it has only been seen among the tribal people of Papua New Guinea.

jdavionic
12-04-2012, 18:39
Encourage him to go to Israel and spend some time in a Kubitz.

DanaT
12-04-2012, 18:40

What would you call what Nathan Mayer Rothschild did for the Duke of Wellington?

Calico Jack
12-04-2012, 18:44
Sounds like I really ruffled your turban.

I'm sorry, but that right there is funny.

Kingarthurhk
12-04-2012, 18:49

What an a-hole.

I can never figure out why some people are fans of their own detriment. It is like gun owners that like Obama. It is just confusing.

ysr_racer
12-04-2012, 19:00

Listen you anti-Semite, anti-Semitic, Swastika wearing Nazi...

I joke, I joke

(I'm dead serious)

ysr_racer
12-04-2012, 19:01
He sounds like an Obama voter...

Don't get me started :steamed:

ysr_racer
12-04-2012, 19:02
And like Granpa used to say, "Ain't no trailer ever burned up because a Menorah was accidentally tipped over".

OK, that's my new sig line :rofl:

DWARREN123
12-04-2012, 19:16
He would have loved Hitler!! :rofl:

HollowHead
12-04-2012, 19:31
There is no disease that only affects a certain group of people (Kuru notwithstanding).

Sickle-Cell Anemia? The point is, that if Tay Sachs does indeed affect Jews to a disproportionate degree, Jews are more than just a faith then. HH

sputnik767
12-04-2012, 19:50
Sickle-Cell Anemia? The point is, that if Tay Sachs does indeed affect Jews to a disproportionate degree, Jews are more than just a faith then. HH

Black people are not a homogenous group anymore so than the Jews. The sickle cell trait is much more prevalent in some parts of Africa than others. The reason why the Tay sachs affects Ashkenazi as well as Cajuns and French Canadians to nearly the same degree is because of the genetics of transmission, which was enabled by breeding in a close-knit community over many generations. At some point, you have many carriers of the recessive trait in the community, and when both parents carry the recessive trait, the child has a 1/4 chance of having the disease, and 1/2 chance of having the trait, and 1/4 chance of being normal. And at that point, you are producing a disproportionate amount of carriers vs non-carriers. The reason why a few groups are disproportionately affected has absolutely nothing to do with faith, and everything to do with simple genetics and probabilities when you breed in close-knit communities. Would you consider people of Mediterranean origin to be something more just because they have a disproportionate rate of beta-thalassemia? Or what about Asians having a disproportionate rate of alpha-thalassemias and molar pregnancies? Keep in mind that Asians have been producing babies with other Asians almost exclusively for thousands of years. Or Blacks and sarcoid. And these are just off the top of my head. Point is, there are many diseases that affect a particular group disproportionately, and it speaks to nothing more than the genetics or lifestyle of that particular group.

ysr_racer
12-04-2012, 20:00

For a LONG time, Jews only married other Jews.

Trust me, I'n not related to this guy :)

http://blueopossum.homestead.com/Media/2/sammydavisJr.jpg

stevelyn
12-04-2012, 20:05

What an a-hole.

Why do you think you need to do anything with him? Or why it's any of your business? What happens over there doesn't affect any of us unless we foolishly interject ourselves into it.

jollygreen
12-04-2012, 20:36
To the OP. I have friends who are similarly stupid. I even know a liberal couple who voted for O'DumDum the first time around. I have a choice to dump them as friends or just realize they're stupid.

I've accepted them as stupid friends. Sometimes that's all you can do.

Glocksanity
12-04-2012, 22:19
If you look up his other posts, he is clearly an antisemite. And I never throw that word around lightly.

You sound like a liberal throwing around the 'race card' argument.

Ha ha ha. Disagree with Israel, or call out the Zionists (not all Jews are Zionists) when it is justifiable, and you are labeled an anti-semite.

So, when I say that blacks are the problem when it comes to guns and killing, am I racist or am I telling the truth according to the numbers?

Guess who took us to war against Iraq based on lies? A bunch of Zionists neocons with loyalties to Israel rather than the United States.

Paul Wolfowitz
Elliot Abram
Douglas Feith
Abram Shulsky

Guess who ran the Communist revolution in Russia? Jews.
Who controlled the American Communist party in the early part of the century? Jews. Those are facts! Am I anti-semetic for stating facts? Ha ha ha.

Wake up. You are brainwashed.

Glocksanity
12-04-2012, 22:32
IBTL. Ha ha ha. I am sure it is coming soon!!

Rabbi
12-04-2012, 23:01

As Rabbi has stated in a previous thread, it is a group of people who hold beliefs (either religious or secular) that have not assimilated with the cultures that they move to.

You are misrepresenting much of what I have said and invoking part of what I have said to prove a point I would not make.

You really cant call the Jewish people a "race" because they will allow anyone to convert and enter the marriage pool but various factions of Jews do share a lot of racial traits and Judaism is an ethnicity (or a few general ethnicities)

It is also truth that the Jewish people have been an alien culture in host populations for thousands of years who, unlike almost all other peoples, would not assimilate but those actions dont apply as much in the last 100 or so years.

Rabbi
12-04-2012, 23:06

This is not true. (how Jews refer to themselves) This is utter crap. European Jews have no problem with the fact they are Ashkanazi Jews. How do I know this, I am an Ashkanazi Jew.

Rabbi
12-04-2012, 23:11

I take it you are just itching to tell us all about the Kazars or some other kook idea you have.

Many ethnic Jews are related. It doesnt matter if they are black, brown or white.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-chromosomal_Aaron

Rabbi
12-04-2012, 23:15

Ha ha ha. Disagree with Israel, or call out the Zionists (not all Jews are Zionists) when it is justifiable, and you are labeled an anti-semite.

So, when I say that blacks are the problem when it comes to guns and killing, am I racist or am I telling the truth according to the numbers?

Guess who took us to war against Iraq based on lies? A bunch of Zionists neocons with loyalties to Israel rather than the United States.

Paul Wolfowitz
Elliot Abram
Douglas Feith
Abram Shulsky

Who controlled the American Communist party in the early part of the century? Jews. Those are facts! Am I anti-semetic for stating facts? Ha ha ha.

Awesome, you make it so easy. Pick the handful of Jews out of the 100's of people at this level of power and call it "the Jews fault"

How about the Christian POTUS and VPOTUS or the 500 or so Chrisitian Congressmen? Why is it not a "Christian conspiracy?"

....but yeah, you found a few Jews in the woodpile so it "must" be them....

Same thing with the Communist revolution in Russia.

HollowHead
12-04-2012, 23:30
Awesome, you make it so easy. Pick the handful of Jews out of the 100's of people at this level of power and call it "the Jews fault"

How about the Christian POTUS and VPOTUS or the 500 or so Chrisitian Congressmen? Why is it not a "Christian conspiracy?"

....but yeah, you found a few Jews in the woodpile so it "must" be them....

Same thing with the Communist revolution in Russia.

If the LDS church couldn't put Romney in office, there is no base for any conspiracy from any faith. HH

ysr_racer
12-04-2012, 23:38
How about the Christian POTUS...

Easy there big fella, I think you mean "How about the Muslim POTUS"

As an Ashkanazi Jew, I refer to other Jews as "Jews".

Rabbi
12-04-2012, 23:41
Easy there big fella, I think you mean "How about the Muslim POTUS"

As an Ashkanazi Jew, I refer to other Jews as "Jews".

The current POTUS claims he is a Christian and in all honesty, his actions would back that up...but my point was about the Iraq War timeframe because that is what that dork was talking about.

He is an utter loon. The cool thing about that is utter loons look like, well, utter loons. The sad thing is people cant slap him until he gets it.

Gunhaver
12-05-2012, 00:35

You're a racist. When black people didn't own guns would you say all gun crime was the white mans fault? Some black people would have said that then but why? What point were they trying to make? What would have been their motivation other than to present that other race as somehow less than they were?

Mushinto
12-05-2012, 00:46

Paul Wolfowitz
Elliot Abram
Douglas Feith
Abram Shulsky

No, he's not an anti Semite. He is the person who wrote:
Exactly. It amazes me how ignorant most people are.

Iran is no threat to the United States. Israel is a nuclear power and Iran is surrounded by US bases.

The war mongerers are just right wing sheep uttering mindless talking points.

How is that statement incorrect when all Israel does is steal more land with their settlements and treat the Palestinians like animals.

The Israeli government is satanic.

MOSSAD supplies Hamas. Hamas is owned and operated by MOSSAD to justify the genocide.

I used to read all the neo-nazi trash so I know who brainwashed whom. Most of these tin-foil nazi deutschbags are barely literate, but this guy knows his way around a word. Maybe he is their fuehrer.

Sig Heil MF'er. We know exactly what you are.

sputnik767
12-05-2012, 01:57

Paul Wolfowitz
Elliot Abram
Douglas Feith
Abram Shulsky

It's pretty funny when stupid people flaunt their stupidity on the internet. It's even funnier when they try to justify it.

samurairabbi
12-05-2012, 03:28
IBTL. This thread is accelerating towards oblivion.

By the way: "Jewish Rightist Subversives" were a special target of the Stalin-era purges. Trotsky formed the Red Army, led it to victory over the counter-revolutionaries, yet still ended up with a Stalin-ordered axe in his skull.

JMS
12-05-2012, 04:58

Says the most brainwashed person on this forum....

I hope your stupidity is just an act and you are just trolling for a reaction. In the meantime please try to come up with something original, next thing you'll mention the Elders of Zion, the USS Liberty or Jonathan Pollard. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

eruby
12-05-2012, 05:31
For a LONG time, Jews only married other Jews.

Trust me, I'n not related to this guy :)

http://blueopossum.homestead.com/Media/2/sammydavisJr.jpgI always gave Sammy Davis Jr a lot of credit for being a black who became Jewish.

I don't think I'd have the guts to go out and become Black. :cool:

And IBTL.

ysr_racer
12-05-2012, 07:30
I'm not sure why you guys think this will get locked. I started this thread, and as long as it stays civil, we'll be fine.

DanaT
12-05-2012, 07:33
You are misrepresenting much of what I have said and invoking part of what I have said to prove a point I would not make.

You really cant call the Jewish people a "race" because they will allow anyone to convert and enter the marriage pool but various factions of Jews do share a lot of racial traits and Judaism is an ethnicity (or a few general ethnicities)

It is also truth that the Jewish people have been an alien culture in host populations for thousands of years who, unlike almost all other peoples, would not assimilate but those actions dont apply as much in the last 100 or so years.

I dont see how saying that you said that jewish people have not assimilated is misrepresenting what you have previously said. You repeated that.

You may not make the point that GTers scream about mexicans not wanting to assimilate.

How many people think it is perfectly acceptable to have mexicans speaking a foreign language and refusing to learn english. How many GTers agree that Muslims should be able to live under sharia law in the USA?

It is an expectation of most people that people who live in a foreign land follow the laws, speak the language, and follow general cultural customs of the host country. Do you disagree with this?

ysr_racer
12-05-2012, 08:08
I'm not sure if he suffers from Jewish guilt, White guilt, or American guilt. But as a Jewish, White, American, he sure seems to hate Jews, Whites, and Americans.

And yes, he lives in a big house, owns his own business, and votes for Obama.

p.s. he thinks Wal-Mart makes to much money, and should pay their employees more.

When I suggested he do the same, he said, "I'm not rich, they are".

DanaT
12-05-2012, 08:39
YSR

It is possible, though not on GT, that two people can look at the same event and have different opinions on the ethical implications of the event.

As an example, two people can both fire a glock, one will still think Sig is better and the other loves Glock. Just try and bring up Sig or H&K in here.

Also, you miss the general definition of "rich" in the USA right now. "Rich" is anyone who has more many than the person saying someone else is rich.

kirgi08
12-05-2012, 08:47

DanaT
12-05-2012, 08:48

Why is there only popcorn and no kettlecorn?

kirgi08
12-05-2012, 09:13
That little guy couldn't lift a kettle.'08. :whistling:

Rabbi
12-05-2012, 10:29
I dont see how saying that you said that jewish people have not assimilated is misrepresenting what you have previously said. You repeated that.

You may not make the point that GTers scream about mexicans not wanting to assimilate.

How many people think it is perfectly acceptable to have mexicans speaking a foreign language and refusing to learn english. How many GTers agree that Muslims should be able to live under sharia law in the USA?

It is an expectation of most people that people who live in a foreign land follow the laws, speak the language, and follow general cultural customs of the host country. Do you disagree with this?

I dont give a damn what point you think you can make with parts of what I said. You are still misrepresenting what I said based on only part of what I said and how you want to use just part of what I said.

You can think whatever you want but you cant tell me what I think.

eruby
12-06-2012, 05:40
Why is there only popcorn and no kettlecorn?Because this is a thread about 'Jews' and kettlecorn is not always kosher. :supergrin:

JMS
12-06-2012, 07:25
Because this is a thread about 'Jews' and kettlecorn is not always kosher. :supergrin:

Popcorn is better for him any how, his hands won't stick together while he's clapping at the end of Schindler's List.

mgs
12-06-2012, 07:26
Let your buddy live there a while......he may soon get it. I support the IDF.

DanaT
12-06-2012, 08:00
Popcorn is better for him any how, his hands won't stick together while he's clapping at the end of Schindler's List.

Yeah, just cant help yourself from calling someone a Nazi and saying they agree with the Holocaust, huh? I have repeatably, said that ethnic cleansing, the killing of civilians, etc is not acceptable. I have said that what Syria is doing is wrong. What Germany in WW2 did was wrong. What the US Army did at Sand Creek was wrong. Interning the Japanese was wrong. The Armenian Holocaust was wrong. The killing fields and other genocide by the Khmer Rouge was wrong.

You can of course disparage US service members.

javelinadave
12-06-2012, 08:16
Back on track:
In Israel they refer to your friend and people like him/her as "Self hating Jews". My cousin was a self hating Jew who did a 180 after a trip to Israel with me. You can't take the world on a trip to Israel but only the truly stupid don't have their eyes opened after a trip there.

You can also ask your buddy how that Sharia thing would work out with his mother, grandma, etc and how being imprisoned for his families religious affiliation would effect his social life? Kite Runner or Thousand Spended Suns makes some good "educational" reading for people like your friend.

If you need the names of any other books or a fabulous tour guide, please feel free to ask. The tour guide is an IDF Major who can tell your friend first hand how understanding and kind Hamas and the other groups he deals with can be.

ysr_racer
12-06-2012, 20:24
As I said, I've been friends with him all my life (50+ years). I hate to say this, but that may be long enough.

stevelyn
12-06-2012, 20:37

Paul Wolfowitz
Elliot Abram
Douglas Feith
Abram Shulsky

You forgot to add Richard Perle to that list. Their involvement is described in A Pretext For War: 9/11, Iraq And the Abuse of America's Intelligence Agencies by James Bamford.

mwelch8404
12-07-2012, 13:10

I think I have much more an idea than you. As I said, try reading some real history.

I find it intresting the number of people, especially Americans, that are so into propaganda for one side or the other that they won't actually do any legitmate research.

Everyone had perpetrated massacres, Christians, Jews, Muslims, Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, Socialists, Communists, and yes, even Americans.

Learn for yourself, and not spout something you've read or heard.

Mmmm. Jews in the Holy Land/Israel since >3,000 BCE. Lets see, Muslims for, oh what, 1400 years? Since around 632 CE?

Don't buy into a modern version of the Hitler/Goebbles "Big Lie."

No, I am not a conspiricy theorist. As a matter of fact, to paraphrase someone here on GT from long ago, "If you immediately disbelieve every conspiricy, you will be right 99.99% of the time."

ysr_racer
12-08-2012, 08:20
I should have asked him if he celebrates Pearl Harbor Day. When those bastard Americans parked their ships right where the peace loving Japanese were getting rid of their bombs.