12-04-2012, 09:14
Die In A Fire?

GreenDrake
12-04-2012, 09:20
Dump Innocuous Aromatics Forward?

mhambi
12-04-2012, 09:43
Die In A Fire?

Yup. If only they'd moved the deer crossing sign.

Christmas is cancelled. I killed Rudolph. :steamed:

BEER
12-04-2012, 11:35
it'll be fine, just tell santa to pick up a couple of red led's from battery junction and shove em in prancer's snout. nobody will ever know the difference.

p.s. you should have slammed on the brakes.

Dennis in MA
12-04-2012, 12:05
Oh deer!

mhambi
12-04-2012, 14:10
http://i45.tinypic.com/24zwupc.jpg

:rant:

686Owner
12-04-2012, 14:32
Aren't you glad you didn't swerve?

mhambi
12-04-2012, 14:36
Aren't you glad you didn't swerve?

Yeah, thanks for nothing GNG.

:supergrin:

Berto
12-04-2012, 14:36
Glad he/she/it didn't go through the windshield.
Ruins your day for sure, but better than the deer's.

mhambi
12-04-2012, 14:40
Glad he/she/it didn't go through the windshield.
Ruins your day for sure, but better than the deer's.

Yeah, all things considered, it wasn't that bad. No way it was coming through the window... it was covered with a protective steel plate... my hood. Made stopping, um, interesting.

I think a little duct tape and rubbing compound and it'll be as good as new!

http://i49.tinypic.com/deu1ae.jpg

Berto
12-04-2012, 14:42
Sometimes they like to jump right before you nail them.. which really complicates things.:supergrin:

mhambi
12-04-2012, 14:47
What's weird is there was no airbag deployment (which I'm actually happy about), but doesn't it look like they should have?

I hit the sucker at about 62mph.

gwalchmai
12-04-2012, 14:48
Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water...

robin303
12-04-2012, 15:08
Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water...

Then POW. What kind of clothes were you wearing. :rofl:

mhambi
12-04-2012, 15:15
<--- may or may not have been wearing pants.

smokin762
12-04-2012, 15:25
Sorry to hear about your accident. My coworker was showing me pictures yesterday of his brothers truck from this past Saturday night. He swerved to miss a deer and rolled his Chevy S10 after he put it into a ditch. Good thing he was okay.

Mrs. VR
12-04-2012, 15:43
oh holy ****! That is WAY worse than what happened with the deer i hit a few weeks ago. Are you ok? was it a buck? STUPID DEER IN STUPID RUTTING SEASON!! :fist:

jakebrake
12-04-2012, 15:45
Sorry to hear about your accident. My coworker was showing me pictures yesterday of his brothers truck from this past Saturday night. He swerved to miss a deer and rolled his Chevy S10 after he put it into a ditch. Good thing he was okay.

we had a guy do that...loaded fuel tanker. (you can guess how big of a mess that made...but he missed the deer) shame bambi didn't have insurance.

mhambi
12-04-2012, 16:24
oh holy ****! That is WAY worse than what happened with the deer i hit a few weeks ago. Are you ok? was it a buck? STUPID DEER IN STUPID RUTTING SEASON!! :fist:

I thought of you right after it happened. :supergrin:

I'm fine, not hurt. Yes it was a nice sized buck. Yes, deer are idiots.

Funny thing: It happened in an area with no cell coverage. 3 people had stopped to help before I had time even check to see if the deer was still in the road. After cleaning things up a bit (plastic/glass bits and pieces... deer had disappeared) and getting my stuff together I walked maybe 30' before another dude stopped in a grey F150. Hey, I have a grey f150. His last name was the same as mine. And he was driving to work... in the same town, on the same street where I work... about 4 blocks away. It was strange!

*ASH*
12-04-2012, 17:02

eat a snickers you cousin vinny is showing :rofl::rofl:

happy seal
12-04-2012, 17:18
I was driving a new Peterbilt in Chantilly Va and we were in the farmlands (fields). My buddy who was in the passenger seat says "hey look at the deer way out there". I kept driving and for some reason they were running almost parralel but towards my path. Finally I realize it's on and tapped the brakes but too late. I hit one with the right front chrome fender and it launched the deer like a catapult. This deer flew about 500 yards through the air. When it landed the deer got up and ran away tail up. :shocked:

Glad your ok OP

smokin762
12-04-2012, 17:20
we had a guy do that...loaded fuel tanker. (you can guess how big of a mess that made...but he missed the deer) shame bambi didn't have insurance.

That would be real bad. :wow:

Paul_J
12-04-2012, 17:40
What's weird is there was no airbag deployment (which I'm actually happy about), but doesn't it look like they should have?

I hit the sucker at about 62mph.

The vehicle itself has to decelerate at a fairly good rate to fire the airbags. Chances are the deer's mass wasn't enough to slow down the mass of your car moving at 62mph.

I'm with you on this one and glad to hear they didn't go off!
DIAF? Shouldn't that be COAF, Cook Over A Fire!

BEANCOUNTER
12-04-2012, 18:17
...Funny thing...deer had disappeared and...another dude stopped in a grey F150. Hey, I have a grey f150. His last name was the same as mine. And he was driving to work... in the same town, on the same street where I work... about 4 blocks away. It was strange!

It was much more than strange. It was paranormal.

That encounter with the man with your name, driving a gray Ford 150 like yours, working in the same town on the very street as you, may have happened exactly as you described.

But more likely you were simply interacting with the ghost of yourself, a residual haunting caused from the shock/energy/emotion left behind from the accident.

I'm also guessing you hit the residual energy of a deer, not a real live deer. That would explain why your air bags didn't deploy and the deer's body was never found. :rofl:

Sorry about the car. Glad you're ok.

deputy tom
12-04-2012, 18:19
Yeah, all things considered, it wasn't that bad. No way it was coming through the window... it was covered with a protective steel plate... my hood. Made stopping, um, interesting.

I think a little duct tape and rubbing compound and it'll be as good as new!

http://i49.tinypic.com/deu1ae.jpg

In Phlegethon deer kill you.tom.

tous
12-04-2012, 18:38

Sure, blame the mens. :miff:

if'n them does weren't wearin' them short skirts and sashayin' around the forest ....

Just sayin'.

mhambi
12-04-2012, 19:36
By law I am now master of his harem... right?

Let's all play insurance adjuster.... totalled or not totalled?

Mrs. VR
12-04-2012, 19:57
Sure, blame the mens. :miff:

if'n them does weren't wearin' them short skirts and sashayin' around the forest ....

Just sayin'.
I meant cause of the damage. I hit a dumb doe. :tease:

gwalchmai
12-05-2012, 05:50
"We hit the deer and his paw... What do you call it? The paw."
"The hoof."
"It got caught in the grill. I got to hack it off."

mhambi
12-05-2012, 09:37
I bet if I had been driving w/ only my parking lights on this wouldn't have happened.

WarCry
12-05-2012, 10:02
Let's all play insurance adjuster.... totalled or not totalled?

Don't know the year, but just from the pics, if there's no frame damage (doubtful, looks like a pretty straight hit and not enough mass to compress the frame) and without airbag deployments, I'd guess they will opt for repair rather than total loss.

I don't know how redneck it is, but as of last year, here in IL, you'd be perfectly legal to take that boy home and get him cleaned and prepped for your freezer (to be followed by your grill....well....your OTHER grill).