Seen this yet? *disturbing [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Seen this yet? *disturbing

method
12-04-2012, 15:02
http://imageshack.us/a/img826/6183/30271410151254613414197.jpg
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/nightmare_on_subway_tracks_GgvCtkeJj6cTeyxHns2VNP

glockfanbob
12-04-2012, 15:20
Stay classy ny post.:upeyes:

eb07
12-04-2012, 15:22
What I don't understand is everyone was screaming and watching and trying to get the train engineer's attention but nobody ran over to try and pull him up?

aplcr0331
12-04-2012, 15:26
Did they catch the Scots-Irish/Norwegian who pushed him on to the track?

MulletLoad
12-04-2012, 15:27
What I don't understand is everyone was screaming and watching and trying to get the train engineer's attention but nobody ran over to try and pull him up?

Sorry, it's a New York thing. You're either pushing a dude in front of a train or taking the time to pull out your camera or iPhone for a great Twitter post.

Either way, if you're the dude on the tracks looking for help, you're screwed.

RIP fella, sounds like you were trying to do the right thing.

Altaris
12-04-2012, 15:28

That was my first thought as well.

When I read "frantically waved their hands and bags", I was expecting the next part of the sentence to say "to the guy for him to grab a hold of"... Not to just get the attention of the train.

1-2man
12-04-2012, 15:29
Wow! :frown:

Averageman
12-04-2012, 15:30
They said he tried several times to get back on the platform, but just couldn't make it. No one was reported to have been trying to assist him, perhaps they were afraid to turn their backs to the pusher?
New York, Neeeeeeeeeew Yooooooooooooork!

concretefuzzynuts
12-04-2012, 15:32
New York mentality- "The government didn't help him!"

Goat 36
12-04-2012, 15:33

You'd be surprised how often and how many people just freeze up in public emergencies like this. I've personally witnessed it at least twice in my life where someone needed help in public with multiple people around and everyone but me and maybe 1 other person would even approach them.

That menace deserves to be hanged from a short rope til he expires.

Wonder what the details are that we're NOT getting, if any.

Feel sorry for the victim's family.

Tragic accidents and murders, especially if public, don't allow the victims to die with any amount of dignity.

I think that would be the hardest part to deal with if it were a loved one.

Kilrain
12-04-2012, 15:36

I heard it was a 80 year old Hasidic Jew.........?

countrygun
12-04-2012, 15:41
You'd be surprised how often and how many people just freeze up in public emergencies like this. I've personally witnessed it at least twice in my life where someone needed help in public with multiple people around and everyone but me and maybe 1 other person would even approach them.

That menace deserves to be hanged from a short rope til he expires.

Wonder what the details are that we're NOT getting, if any.

Feel sorry for the victim's family.

Tragic accidents and murders, especially if public, don't allow the victims to die with any amount of dignity.

I think that would be the hardest part to deal with if it were a loved one.

AND

With all the people there the perpetrator got away completely.

Ask me why the rest of the Country should care if a storm took out ALL of NYC? I wouldn't want any of them as neighbors.

Glocksanity
12-04-2012, 15:43
The article did mention that people were running toward him, suggesting they were going to try and help.

These subway stations can be a block long and if you are at one end of the platform and someone pushes you right as the train is entering the station, it could take a a bit before anyone noticed and then started to run and help you.

Also, remember that it would be quite dangerous to try and pull someone out. You would be risking getting pulled in yourself as you would have very little leverage. It would take a coordinated effort by a couple of strong and brave people to do it that quickly. It also turns out the guy who died was drunk and a bottle of vodka was found on him.

Glocksanity
12-04-2012, 15:44
I heard it was a 80 year old Hasidic Jew.........?

Nope...a thirty year old black dude. Who would have guessed that?

raven11
12-04-2012, 15:45
I never been on a American subway train but stations in Japan have a gate that doesn't open until the train comes

http://bartman905.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/subway-3.jpg

surprised subway stations in America don't have it

clancy
12-04-2012, 16:12
There is absolutely nothing that could happen in NYC, or any city in this country, that surprises me. A few years ago a guy fell to the street when he had a heart attack. His shoes, belt, watch and wallet were stolem while a crowd of people stood there and watched it happen, the watched him die.

2 summers ago there was a rape in the parking lot of our local Walmart, on a Sunday afternoon. The newspaper report said that the security camera videoed 2 Walmart employees stop and watch, and then go back to chasing carts. At least 7 other people were taped walking up and watching, and then going into the store. Not a single one would make the effort to get on their cell phone to call 911, let alone attempt to intervene. But a couple did take pictures with their cellphones. Sick mother****ers.

And some people wonder why I carry a gun.

jeager
12-04-2012, 16:16

Def sign of a notorious Swede!

RedTop
12-04-2012, 16:21
I never been on a American subway train but stations in Japan have a gate that doesn't open until the train comes

I think this is to keep people from accidentally falling onto the tracks becuase of their large crowds. The American subways I have been on weren't nearly as crowded as those in Japan.

Hines57
12-04-2012, 16:27

When did they put those in? They didn't have them when I was there.

Hines57
12-04-2012, 16:32
AND

With all the people there the perpetrator got away completely.

Ask me why the rest of the Country should care if a storm took out ALL of NYC? I wouldn't want any of them as neighbors.

I would guess you said the same about New Orleans? Earthquake in LA?

PaulMason
12-04-2012, 16:37
For you non New Yorkers who find yourself in the same spot on the tracks - there is space under the platform - lay on the ground and get as close as possible to the wall

Or

go to the other side where the "I" beam supports are and stand between them - DON'T touch the third rail.

Or

You can lay in the center between the rails - just don't be fat or be wearing clothes that can get snagged by a moving train. You will most likely die of some horrible disease from the filth found there.

When you are waiting for the train - Don't stand near the edge and keep your head on a swivel - YOU are in NYC not Kansas.

railfancwb
12-04-2012, 16:41
So... The subways are running again after Sandy? Thought it was supposed to take months and $billions before they were running again...

If subways are outlawed only outlaws will have subways...

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

*ASH*
12-04-2012, 16:59
they got a decent video of black guy who was arguing with the victim , THANK GOD IT WAS A GOOD CAMERA !!!NOT GRAINY

countrygun
12-04-2012, 17:01
I would guess you said the same about New Orleans? Earthquake in LA?

Well in our little primative backward and uncivillized community, we don't stand around taking pictures. A few years ago a fishing boat (crabbing actually) got into trouble crossing the bar at the mouth of the river. a healthy percentage of the population turned out to the jetties, not with cameras, but with ropes and life preservers to try and DO SOMETHING useful.

We don't "roll" folks who have heart attacks, we don't stick out thumbs in our tailpipes or whip out a camera or a cell phone when someone it is danger. I hope to **** we never get as "civilized" as NYC.

series1811
12-04-2012, 17:07
For you non New Yorkers who find yourself in the same spot on the tracks - there is space under the platform - lay on the ground and get as close as possible to the wall

Or

go to the other side where the "I" beam supports are and stand between them - DON'T touch the third rail.

Or

You can lay in the center between the rails - just don't be fat or be wearing clothes that can get snagged by a moving train. You will most likely die of some horrible disease from the filth found there.

When you are waiting for the train - Don't stand near the edge and keep your head on a swivel - YOU are in NYC not Kansas.

When I was working in Atlanta in 1996 at the Olympics, we were given a lesson in how to survive the Marc or whatever they call it, for the guys who might be working there. They gave us the same instruction, and showed us to stop all the trains if we had to chase a guy into the tunnels.

I was glad I never had to test that knowledge.

Altaris
12-04-2012, 17:21

When I was in Tokyo, I only saw a couple stations that had gates. Most of them did not.....

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/28866_1377143421621_179886_n.jpg

Kingarthurhk
12-04-2012, 18:57
Stay classy ny post.:upeyes:

One of many reasons I am hoping my one and only visit to NY will be my last. That city sucks out loud.

2bgop
12-04-2012, 19:48
There is absolutely nothing that could happen in NYC, or any city in this country, that surprises me. A few years ago a guy fell to the street when he had a heart attack. His shoes, belt, watch and wallet were stolem while a crowd of people stood there and watched it happen, the watched him die.

2 summers ago there was a rape in the parking lot of our local Walmart, on a Sunday afternoon. The newspaper report said that the security camera videoed 2 Walmart employees stop and watch, and then go back to chasing carts. At least 7 other people were taped walking up and watching, and then going into the store. Not a single one would make the effort to get on their cell phone to call 911, let alone attempt to intervene. But a couple did take pictures with their cellphones. Sick mother****ers.

What newspaper was that? I would like to find the story and use it in CCW classes. A very good lesson for all.

clancy
12-04-2012, 19:51
What newspaper was that? I would like to find the story and use it in CCW classes. A very good lesson for all.

The Middletown Record.

*ASH*
12-04-2012, 19:53
quick work , looks like they got him

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/04/15663019-man-questioned-in-case-of-nyc-subway-rider-pushed-to-his-death?lite

2bgop
12-04-2012, 19:55
The Middletown Record.

Great thank you.

TBO
12-05-2012, 13:43
Suspect arrested in deadly New York subway push, law enforcement sources say

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/05/15702862-suspect-arrested-in-deadly-new-york-subway-push-law-enforcement-sources-say?lite

http://1-ps.googleusercontent.com/x/www.thehollywoodgossip.com/assets.thehollywoodgossip.com/photos/full/xnyc-subway-push-killer-suspect.png.pagespeed.ic.VN3YwppwdJ.jpg

Steve0853
12-05-2012, 14:22
When I was in Tokyo, I only saw a couple stations that had gates. Most of them did not.....

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/28866_1377143421621_179886_n.jpg

WOW! Look how clean that Japanese subway station is. It appears that they must have made all the winos, druggies, and gangbangers leave just before they took that picture. Yeah, I'm sure that's it.

Mayhem like Me
12-05-2012, 14:27
New York mentality- "The government didn't help him!"

And this is it, If this would have happened in North metro Atlanta on a MARTA track..we would have had a story of a rescue or attempted rescue of this guy.

When you let the Nanny state take care of everything pretty soon you are not capable of helping yourself...

Mayhem like Me
12-05-2012, 14:30
When I was working in Atlanta in 1996 at the Olympics, we were given a lesson in how to survive the Marc or whatever they call it, for the guys who might be working there. They gave us the same instruction, and showed us to stop all the trains if we had to chase a guy into the tunnels.

I was glad I never had to test that knowledge.

MARTA.. and I was probably in one of those briefings...

HexHead
12-05-2012, 14:33
When I first heard about this, I was hoping someone had shoved Mayor Bloomberg in front of the train.

Jgriggs
12-05-2012, 14:39

And then theres this.
http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Commuters-mood-turns-ugly-as-suicide-try-snarls-1064089.php

janice6
12-05-2012, 14:43
http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Commuters-mood-turns-ugly-as-suicide-try-snarls-1064089.php

Congestion breeds compassion, maybe not.

FCastle88
12-05-2012, 15:50
Other articles are saying he was on the tracks for about 20 seconds, that's not a whole lot of time for a bunch of distracted commuters to actually realize what's going on, get to the guy, and attempt a rescue. By the time people realized what was going on, the train was probably close enough that any rescuers would have been in danger of being hit themselves, or being pulled in front of the train by him as he was hit.

concretefuzzynuts
12-05-2012, 16:01

Congestion breeds compassion, maybe not.

I lived in the Seattle area for several years. The weather must add extra anger to the liberals. They are very bitter and hate filled.

Altaris
12-05-2012, 17:07
WOW! Look how clean that Japanese subway station is. It appears that they must have made all the winos, druggies, and gangbangers leave just before they took that picture. Yeah, I'm sure that's it.

That is actually my picture. I took it because I was amazed at how shiny clean everything was lol.

inthefrey
12-06-2012, 18:01
Naeem was a troubled(BAD) kid. I was one of this guys scout leaders. I can remember his step dad and me always trying to keep him out of trouble.