Mutual Combat law [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mutual Combat law

Dubble-Tapper
12-04-2012, 21:58
anyone heard of this? probably been posted before.

I am a firm believer that if two people have a problem they cannot settle with words, they should be able to go scrap it out in private.

opinions?

12-04-2012, 22:07
Like this?:
Squabbling neighbors fight as officer watched, man says

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/albuquerque/Squabbling-neighbors-fight-as-officer-watched-man-says/-/9153728/17556656/-/g8qsrsz/-/index.html#ixzz2E9QNg7KH

Dan_ntx
12-04-2012, 22:08
Within reason I agree... But in today's overly litigious society, it would have a high rate of failure.

Medical costs, property damage, sore loser filing lawsuits, just to name the obvious. The waiver I had to sign just to spar at the gym was 2 pages long...imagine what legislation would have to look like for a city/state to be held harmless if participants agreed to mutual combat.

If you want to fight, join a boxing or MMA gym or risk suffering legal problems.

Edited to add...I do, in fact, realize that some states have mutual combat laws...I just don't think they would hold up if something were to really go wrong. If the officer in the story above just stood and witnessed one of those guys seriously injure or kill the other combatant, I am confident that A) he would be a former officer, and B) dead/injured guys family would sue everyone in a 5 block radius that actually had propery or medical insurance. Someway, somehow, the lawyers and politicians would figure out someone to blame.

tantrix
12-04-2012, 22:21
Like this?:
Squabbling neighbors fight as officer watched, man says

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/albuquerque/Squabbling-neighbors-fight-as-officer-watched-man-says/-/9153728/17556656/-/g8qsrsz/-/index.html#ixzz2E9QNg7KH

Thing about officer discretion is...it only works out if the rest of the public (and especially the media) doesn't find out.

TK-421
12-04-2012, 22:28
I honestly think that if two people have enough issues with each other, they should be tossed into the ring for a bare knuckle, no holds barred brawl. Have people pay to watch it. Why watch fake wrestling when you can watch the real thing?

But I'm also of the mind that we need to start moving away from our current government run criminal facilities, and move something closer to death race, where it's privately run, and the inmates get to work for their food, instead of sitting in a cell all day.

If the government can't run a whore house for profit, how can we expect them to run anything for profit? Meanwhile, some corporations are making millions, or billions in profits every year. Let them do what they do best, make money. It's not like all that potential labor is doing any good sitting on their bunk watching Jerry Springer all day.

12-04-2012, 22:50
Thing about officer discretion is...it only works out if the rest of the public (and especially the media) doesn't find out.

That's why our PD is under investigation by the DOJ.

G19Tony
12-04-2012, 23:56
The first rule of Mutual Combat Law is... :whistling:

Ohio Copper
12-05-2012, 00:01

Isn't that the truth.....

:) :) :)

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

stolenphot0
12-05-2012, 06:20
It's when mutual combat turns into Mortal Kombat that the lawyers would have issues. Can you imagine the crowd gathering around yelling "Finish Him"?

Dennis in MA
12-05-2012, 07:12
Bring back Thunderdome!

happyguy
12-05-2012, 07:53
Bring back dueling.

It might solve some of the problems with Washington.

Eurodriver might even solve his issue with the old woman on the bicycle.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy :)

Dubble-Tapper
12-05-2012, 09:21
Bring back dueling.

Regards,

Lmao. What problems do you think WA has that could be solved by dueling? I have yet to experience one.

edit: i realize you may be talking DC

DanaT
12-05-2012, 09:31
Bring back Thunderdome!

We dont need another hero.

KommieforniaGlocker
12-05-2012, 09:33
Right because Washington Politicians have the balls to accept a challenge or duel....

WarCry
12-05-2012, 10:13
Bring back dueling.

Regards,

Think she'd put one through his 10-ring, then take his jetski for a spin?

raven11
12-05-2012, 10:17
Think she'd put one through his 10-ring, then take his jetski for a spin?

at least Frank Drebin would get his tablet back

dango
12-05-2012, 10:17
Ten paces................! :supergrin:

Glock20 10mm
12-05-2012, 11:11
I miss the days of kicking someones stupid ass for being... well, stupid. I don't know how many fights I got into as a young man, but I do know they solved problems and establish very clear boundaries.

Dennis in MA
12-05-2012, 11:15
We dont need another hero.

I bet Tina Turner STILL uses those ear rings for ad hoc ramps when she changes the oil in her ride. LOL

I miss the days of kicking someones stupid ass for being... well, stupid. I don't know how many fights I got into as a young man, but I do know they solved problems and establish very clear boundaries.

Yeah, me too. Wait. I haven't gotten into a fight since grade school. One shoving match in Jr. High. If I had to kick ass every time someone was stupid, I'd be Bruce Bleepin Lee. :rofl:

arclight610
12-05-2012, 11:23
It's when mutual combat turns into Mortal Kombat that the lawyers would have issues. Can you imagine the crowd gathering around yelling "Finish Him"?

What are the legal implications of stealing someone's soul?

coqui33
12-05-2012, 12:05
The problem with letting people settle things with their fists is that it lets the strong bully the weak. That is why a sidearm is such a blessed, civilized equalizer.
http://backintyme.com/ccwimages/fists.jpg

Dubble-Tapper
12-05-2012, 12:08
The problem with letting people settle things with their fists is that it lets the strong bully the weak. That is why a sidearm is such a blessed, civilized equalizer.
http://backintyme.com/ccwimages/fists.jpg

Mutual combat.... as in it must be a mutual agreement between both combatants...

AK_Stick
12-05-2012, 12:11
I'd be down to bring back dueling.

People would be a hell of alot more civil.

happyguy
12-05-2012, 12:18
Lmao. What problems do you think WA has that could be solved by dueling? I have yet to experience one.

Too many politicians.:wavey:

Regards,

Glock20 10mm
12-05-2012, 12:23

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Glotin
12-05-2012, 12:33
Surprised no one has posted this gem yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVLvAOsX95M

ETA: Mutual Combat reference at 2:00. Washington is a mutual combat state, dude ends up getting ktfo while cop watches.

Dubble-Tapper
12-05-2012, 13:13
that is in fact, the video that sparked my interest in the matter ^^^

TBO
12-05-2012, 13:24
I posted that vid when it broke.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1453755

Berto
12-05-2012, 13:27

edit: i realize you may be talking DC

Mckenna vs Inslee. My money's on the one that can tie his shoes.

Berto
12-05-2012, 13:28
Try living down an asskicking by Phoenix Jones. FTMFW.

Ftttu
12-05-2012, 13:29
Here in Texas, assault is intentionally, knowingly or recklessly causing bodily injury to another. Chapter 9 of the Texas Penal Code is about the use of force. In Chapter 9, it allows you be injured by others like while playing sports, doctors cutting on you, etc. So, if I present a case to the district attorney's office where two friends are caught willingly fighting, they rarely take the case unless someone gets injured way more than the other. Same way with family assaults.

Ftttu
12-05-2012, 13:30
Also, if it isn't posted already, fighting in a public place is Disorderly Conduct. Doesn't matter if it is a willing fight between friends, it is still illegal.

Dubble-Tapper
12-05-2012, 13:31
Try living down an asskicking by Phoenix Jones. FTMFW.

hes a bad man :rofl:

i think its funny that mma fighters and ex-military are going around seattle in costumes stopping crime and beating up criminals and drunks. :rofl::rofl: awesome stuff.

Dubble-Tapper
12-05-2012, 13:33
Also, if it isn't posted already, fighting in a public place is Disorderly Conduct. Doesn't matter if it is a willing fight between friends, it is still illegal.

yup. go behind the barn. warehouse. alley. what ever

TK-421
12-05-2012, 14:06
That video was great, always funny to see one man get his ass kicked by another.

Glock20 10mm
12-05-2012, 14:18
I know the area, used to be my old stomping grounds when I was in my late teens. University District can be pretty rough depending where you are. Nice hit by Jones!

Taphius
12-06-2012, 03:03
Fisticuffs? Bloody brilliant!

Z71bill
12-06-2012, 07:28
So all the leaders - management - owners - polititians - as well as - the people that have the best home, car, hottest spouse, get the best seats at the ball game, get to cut in line at the DMV --

Would all be based on how tough you are?

Not how smart you are - or how hard you work - your skill or moral & ethical values.

You think your boss is a PITA now - just wait until he/she is 5X tougher than you and beats you to get you to work harder - you can't just quit either - because then he could just come to your house and beat you even more.

:rofl:

arclight610
12-06-2012, 07:36
So all the leaders - management - owners - polititians - as well as - the people that have the best home, car, hottest spouse, get the best seats at the ball game, get to cut in line at the DMV --

Not how smart you are - or how hard you work - your skill or moral & ethical values.

You think your boss is a PITA now - just wait until he/she is 5X tougher than you and beats you to get you to work harder - you can't just quit either - because then he could just come to your house and beat you even more.

Isn't that how it works in nature?

DoubleWide
12-06-2012, 08:23
Not a good idea. When people think of a fight, they think broken noses and black eyes. No big deal. My sister's friend put a guy in a coma during a little scrap. My friend ended up in a hospital with a punctured lung over a foul in a basketball game. Read about plenty of cases where a guy fell from a shove or punch and hit his head and died.

I'm not saying I was smart when I was young, but I'm old enough to know better.

Glotin
12-06-2012, 15:29

You're making the assumption that fighting has nothing to do with intelligence or skill. You're completely wrong.

Not a good idea. When people think of a fight, they think broken noses and black eyes. No big deal. My sister's friend put a guy in a coma during a little scrap. My friend ended up in a hospital with a punctured lung over a foul in a basketball game. Read about plenty of cases where a guy fell from a shove or punch and hit his head and died.

I'm not saying I was smart when I was young, but I'm old enough to know better.

What's the problem if they are two consenting adults? It's over when someone hits the ground.

Z71bill
12-07-2012, 08:08
You're making the assumption that fighting has nothing to do with intelligence or skill. You're completely wrong.

What's the problem if they are two consenting adults? It's over when someone hits the ground.

By skill I am not talking about fighting skills. :upeyes:

I am talking about skills in the position being filled.

Give me a few examples of really smart people that could kick Mike Tyson's butt.

Or - maybe you consider Mike to me a smart guy.

professorpinki
12-07-2012, 09:31
GSP et al.

RenoF250
12-07-2012, 09:33
Unless the argument is over who is stronger the results of a fight have little to do with who was correct in the argument. In this case if the guy downstairs wins, what does that mean? He can keep calling the cops? The guy upstairs has to tiptoe around?

Glotin
12-09-2012, 23:45
By skill I am not talking about fighting skills. :upeyes:

I am talking about skills in the position being filled.

Give me a few examples of really smart people that could kick Mike Tyson's butt.

Or - maybe you consider Mike to me a smart guy.

Ok, what difference does that make? I think it's pretty stupid to invest thousands of dollars on guns and ammo and training while completely ignoring the only weapon you're always guaranteed to have with you... your body.

There are literally thousands of smart people who could, using skill, beat Mike Tyson in a fight.

Unless the argument is over who is stronger the results of a fight have little to do with who was correct in the argument.

It's not about strength.

Do you think Bruce Lee had more brute strength than all of his opponents? The Gracies are all fairly small and the internet is full of videos of them making fools out of people, including "Mr. Utah", a body builder.

cowboywannabe
12-10-2012, 00:14
Tomfoolery is its own reward.

Z71bill
12-10-2012, 07:10
Ok, what difference does that make? I think it's pretty stupid to invest thousands of dollars on guns and ammo and training while completely ignoring the only weapon you're always guaranteed to have with you... your body.

There are literally thousands of smart people who could, using skill, beat Mike Tyson in a fight.

It's not about strength.

Do you think Bruce Lee had more brute strength than all of his opponents? The Gracies are all fairly small and the internet is full of videos of them making fools out of people, including "Mr. Utah", a body builder.

So the person that is the most skilled at FIGHTING AND KILLING is the one that gets to claim the leadership position in government, business, church, the courts - they will be in charge.

How should - who gets the job as CEO of Apple computer be determined? A highly desired position - that pays millions of dollars per year.

I say the job should go to the person that has the skills to lead, manage and understand a multi-billion dollar consumer technology company.

You say it should be the guy that has the skills to kill anyone else that wants the job.

:wavey:

professorpinki
12-10-2012, 07:50

That was Pedro Sauer.

dango
12-10-2012, 07:53
The key word here is (MUTUAL) , both parties agreeing to it.
Skilled fighters are not necessarily bullies , too much time and dedication to waste on stupid.

Z71bill
12-10-2012, 08:10
The key word here is (MUTUAL) , both parties agreeing to it.
Skilled fighters are not necessarily bullies , too much time and dedication to waste on stupid.

Mutual - Good point -

So we disagree - I challenge you to a dual - you say NO WAY -

We still right back at the same point - we disagree and the situation is unresolved.

If you agree to the dual - winner takes all.

dango
12-10-2012, 08:54
Mutual - Good point -

So we disagree - I challenge you to a dual - you say NO WAY -

We still right back at the same point - we disagree and the situation is unresolved.

If you agree to the dual - winner takes all.

I may be smaller in stature but do own a G-20 , no means no !:supergrin:

NMG26
12-10-2012, 09:04

What would the rules be?

Matching pistols with one bullet? I might survive.

I would be scared to duel with most of the people on this board.

Those that practice a lot would have the advantage.

Dubble-Tapper
12-10-2012, 09:32
That was Pedro Sauer.

correct. 150 lbs vs 250 lbs

that guy was jacked. and he got jacked up. he was a good wrestler and held a top position for a while.

Z71bill
12-10-2012, 10:37
I may be smaller in stature but do own a G-20 , no means no !:supergrin:

Does a short skinny guy have an advantage in a gun fight?

I hit with a .22 is better than a miss with a .50 cal.

:tongueout:

Glock20 10mm
12-10-2012, 10:49
What would the rules be?

Matching pistols with one bullet? I might survive.

I would be scared to duel with most of the people on this board.

Those that practice a lot would have the advantage.

That's why we practice.

JAS104
12-10-2012, 10:51
Right because Washington Politicians have the balls to accept a challenge or duel....

Slappem in the face with one of those white gloves the bugs bunny wears, lol.:rofl:

Glotin
12-10-2012, 11:46
So the person that is the most skilled at FIGHTING AND KILLING is the one that gets to claim the leadership position in government, business, church, the courts - they will be in charge.

How should - who gets the job as CEO of Apple computer be determined? A highly desired position - that pays millions of dollars per year.

I say the job should go to the person that has the skills to lead, manage and understand a multi-billion dollar consumer technology company.

You say it should be the guy that has the skills to kill anyone else that wants the job.

What are you even talking about?

Go look up what the word mutual means and then reread the thread for understanding. Never did I (or anyone else for that matter) say anything about the CEO of Apple or that everything should be settled physically.

I simply pointed out your incorrect assumption that fighting has more to do with strength than skill, because it doesn't.

Or - maybe you consider Mike to me a smart guy. Yes, compared to you I consider Mike Tyson to be a smart guy.

dango
12-10-2012, 13:01
Does a short skinny guy have an advantage in a gun fight?

I hit with a .22 is better than a miss with a .50 cal.

:tongueout:

Why would you think me to miss with the 10mm ? I already have the advantage here , thank you. :tongueout: Back at you! :supergrin:

(May Be Smaller in Stature) ? Maybe not !

Z71bill
12-10-2012, 14:24
What are you even talking about?

Go look up what the word mutual means and then reread the thread for understanding. Never did I (or anyone else for that matter) say anything about the CEO of Apple or that everything should be settled physically.

I simply pointed out your incorrect assumption that fighting has more to do with strength than skill, because it doesn't.

Yes, compared to you I consider Mike Tyson to be a smart guy.

You want to meet behind the elementary school and settle this like 5TH graders? :tongueout::rofl:

We are obviously not on the same page -

I agree fighting is more than just strength - and skill is important. :yawn: Duh.

So - have a nice day.

Z71bill
12-10-2012, 14:29
Why would you think me to miss with the 10mm ? I already have the advantage here , thank you. :tongueout: Back at you! :supergrin:

(May Be Smaller in Stature) ? Maybe not !

Most guys that shoot the 10MM can't hit the side of a barn - from inside the barn. :tongueout:

I will shoot my .22 down the barrel of your 10MM before you get off your first shot - Checkmate!

mrmedina
12-10-2012, 15:17
That's why our PD is under investigation by the DOJ.
:thumbsup:

dango
12-10-2012, 15:27
Most guys that shoot the 10MM can't hit the side of a barn - from inside the barn. :tongueout:

I will shoot my .22 down the barrel of your 10MM before you get off your first shot - Checkmate!

Well to be totally honest with you , 2 1/2 months ago you would've been right about bad shooting.For the past two years until 2 1/2 months ago I had some health issues and had been on heavy meds. for those two years.
I have since quit those meds. but the lingering effects , (shakes so bad). I couldn't hit the barn you speak of.
As far as your shooting skills go I can't speculate but do know I'm fixating on my once acquired skills.

Win ,win for both of us . No plans on dueling and I can hit that barn again ! :supergrin: Stalemate.....!

mac66
12-10-2012, 16:05
Here's my take...

I grew up in a time when people had some sense of honor and manners. If you insulted someone you better back it up, apologize or prepare for a fight. If you called someone an SOB or Bstard you got your teeth knocked out since you were insulting that person's mother. If you called a woman a witch with a B or whore, you could expect a fight. If someone said that to you or yours you had the right and obligation to set them straight. You didn't insult women. I cringe whenever I hear that stuff on TV even.

I am shocked and saddened by how far manners and our society has slipped. Perhaps if more people were called out people would be more polite but I know that would never happen.

Kingarthurhk
12-10-2012, 16:17
Ultimate MORTAL KOMBAT Music Video - YouTube

:supergrin:

JW1178
12-10-2012, 16:52
Two people who are so stupid to believe that violence will solve their problems should be allowed to give each other what they deserve. Seriously, let the stupid cancel each other out.

Kingarthurhk
12-10-2012, 17:00
Two people who are so stupid to believe that violence will solve their problems should be allowed to give each other what they deserve. Seriously, let the stupid cancel each other out.

The problem with that theory is there will be one stupid standing.

tantrix
12-10-2012, 17:01

Back in the day, a mutual trading of fists was common, and often times the two guys could have drinks together afterwards.

Nowadays, 'bar fights' end up with people stabbing or shooting each other.

Ohio Copper
12-10-2012, 18:01
Back in the day, a mutual trading of fists was common, and often times the two guys could have drinks together afterwards.

Nowadays, 'bar fights' end up with people stabbing or shooting each other.

Or taking multiple rounds to your car door.

Crazy in the hood.

WarCry
12-11-2012, 08:56

Put the word "proverbial" in front of fists and you could say the exact same thing about the Senate and House, but now someone that believes differently is truly considered an enemy (and that is reflected highly here in these very pages).

Oh, how we've evolved and matured.

RWBlue
12-11-2012, 09:19
anyone heard of this? probably been posted before.

I am a firm believer that if two people have a problem they cannot settle with words, they should be able to go scrap it out in private.

opinions?

Are you really this dumb? You want to allow street fighting. At what point do you decide to get involved? At what point do you call it off? Can I go an call out an 80 year old neighbour and goat the old man into a fight then proceed to break his leg, arm hip and he dies? What if some PCP addict come over and take a poke at me, can I shoot him?

On the flip side, there are places in most cities where you can beat the crap out of each other. If two people want to rent a ring and beat the crap out of each other, I have no problem.

Z71bill
12-11-2012, 09:27
What if some PCP addict come over and take a poke at me, can I shoot him?

To this part I would say yes.

PAGunner
12-11-2012, 11:00
Mutual combatant law would be good if it you could get someone to referee the fight at an MMA gym, otherwise you'll get biting, gouging, scratching and the use of any and all weapons, that's no bueno.

Dubble-Tapper
12-11-2012, 11:15
Are you really this dumb? You want to allow street fighting. At what point do you decide to get involved? At what point do you call it off? Can I go an call out an 80 year old neighbour and goat the old man into a fight then proceed to break his leg, arm hip and he dies? What if some PCP addict come over and take a poke at me, can I shoot him?

On the flip side, there are places in most cities where you can beat the crap out of each other. If two people want to rent a ring and beat the crap out of each other, I have no problem.

you are disrespectful. i challenge you to mutual combat.

did you read what i said? if two people have words, they should be able to scrap it out. if you are old, a sissy, injured, etc., it would be good incentive to not disrespect people and run your mouth. it would make people accountable for the stupid **** people say and do. maybe make them think twice before insulting someone they dont know. *cough cough* im not talking about shooting people. MUTUAL hand-to-hand combat. as in both want it. as in sign an agreement so people arent getting sued.

Dubble-Tapper
12-11-2012, 11:25

violence solves nothing? tell that to the armed forces

i disagree. fear of bodily harm deters many from an action or behavior

Dubble-Tapper
12-11-2012, 11:28
Here's my take...

I grew up in a time when people had some sense of honor and manners. If you insulted someone you better back it up, apologize or prepare for a fight. If you called someone an SOB or Bstard you got your teeth knocked out since you were insulting that person's mother. If you called a woman a witch with a B or whore, you could expect a fight. If someone said that to you or yours you had the right and obligation to set them straight. You didn't insult women. I cringe whenever I hear that stuff on TV even.

I am shocked and saddened by how far manners and our society has slipped. Perhaps if more people were called out people would be more polite but I know that would never happen.

i agree.

RWBlue
12-11-2012, 13:18
you are disrespectful. i challenge you to mutual combat.

did you read what i said? if two people have words, they should be able to scrap it out. if you are old, a sissy, injured, etc., it would be good incentive to not disrespect people and run your mouth. it would make people accountable for the stupid **** people say and do. maybe make them think twice before insulting someone they dont know. *cough cough* im not talking about shooting people. MUTUAL hand-to-hand combat. as in both want it. as in sign an agreement so people arent getting sued.

Excellent, you have taken the bait.

Arlington National Cemetery, red maple monument for the 82nd Airborne, high noon tomorrow. And for clarity, that is 2012.12.12 @ 12. And I don't want to hear any complaints if I break your neck and kill you or leave you paralysed.

Again, there are places that if both parties show up and decide on rules, two people can beat the crap out of each other for as long as they like. This shouldn't be something that happens on the street and the cops show up and have to sort out what happened.

RWBlue
12-11-2012, 13:20
Violence doesn't determine who is right, it determines who is left.

Dubble-Tapper
12-11-2012, 14:04
Excellent, you have taken the bait.

Arlington National Cemetery, red maple monument for the 82nd Airborne, high noon tomorrow. And for clarity, that is 2012.12.12 @ 12. And I don't want to hear any complaints if I break your neck and kill you or leave you paralysed.

Again, there are places that if both parties show up and decide on rules, two people can beat the crap out of each other for as long as they like. This shouldn't be something that happens on the street and the cops show up and have to sort out what happened.

I don't know about Virginia, but the WA law states that no public disturbances may be created, and no property may be damaged, and I couldn't promise that at a public memorial/cemetary. So I'll decline your terms.

Come to WA, I know a couple nice secluded spots. Lets make some nice waivers so no one gets sued, and make a day of it.

Dubble-Tapper
12-11-2012, 14:10
All jokes aside, I see your point. I agree it would make more sense in a structred environment at a gym without any disturbances of the public or destruction of property.

JW1178
12-11-2012, 18:09
Few guys have the guts to really engage in a fair fight. Most boys will only aggress if they have a clear advantage. I'm 5'6" 145lbs. Lots of boys are willing to fight me, but my buddy who is 6'8" and 280lbs and 4% body fat, not so much. If you are willing to fight someone half your size, you better be willing to fight someone twice your size or you are a punk ass coward. Also, Evan if someone has a weapon, I you run, you ran because you're a ***** that lost your advantage.

Dubble-Tapper
12-11-2012, 18:38
Few guys have the guts to really engage in a fair fight. Most boys will only aggress if they have a clear advantage. I'm 5'6" 145lbs. Lots of boys are willing to fight me, but my buddy who is 6'8" and 280lbs and 4% body fat, not so much. If you are willing to fight someone half your size, you better be willing to fight someone twice your size or you are a punk ass coward. Also, Evan if someone has a weapon, I you run, you ran because you're a ***** that lost your advantage.

agreed

except about the weapon part... if you run from a fight you are unequipped for, thats tactics...

RWBlue
12-11-2012, 23:27
All jokes aside, I see your point. I agree it would make more sense in a structred environment at a gym without any disturbances of the public or destruction of property.

I am glad we agree. I didn't really want to kill you tomorrow. I already have too much paperwork on my desk.:wavey:

RWBlue
12-11-2012, 23:30

Why in the world would I want to engage in a fair fight?

The reason I study tactics is so I don't have to engage in a fair fight. The best situation is no fight. The next best fight is a fight were none of my team get hurt.

professorpinki
12-12-2012, 03:30
correct. 150 lbs vs 250 lbs

that guy was jacked. and he got jacked up. he was a good wrestler and held a top position for a while.
I disagree. When Pedro would trap and roll or sweep, they'd continue to roll and wind up with Mr. Utah on top because the natural instinct of anyone who's been in a fight is to continue rolling if possible... which is why technique has been changed so that the practitioner places his foot out until momentum is killed, then bases out, establishes a combat base, what have you.

But he did pop his arm pretty good. :)

Saying this having been associated with a PS school.

Mr. RW, your situation (and I entirely agree with you) doesn't apply.

TBO
12-12-2012, 03:36
Or taking multiple rounds to your car door.

Crazy in the hood.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

JW1178
12-12-2012, 14:23
Why in the world would I want to engage in a fair fight?

The reason I study tactics is so I don't have to engage in a fair fight. The best situation is no fight. The next best fight is a fight were none of my team get hurt.

So you are saying that if you felt a punch to the back of the head, they guy is half your size, you would fight back but if he was twice your size you would run? That's being a coward.

When I was 15, I went and beat up a 13 year old bully for punching a girl. He was terrified and didn't stand a chance. He came back with his brother, who was my age except heavier, both jumped on me, I still won. I think they expected me to run, as they would, I threw the first punch actually.

In fact, if I see someone that is scared to fight someone bigger, but really willing to fight someone smaller, I know there must be weakness and poison.

JW1178
12-12-2012, 14:37
Some people will fight anybody, anywhere, anytime. That's why we have Marines. Most wont. That's why there are 4 branches of the military.

Dubble-Tapper
12-12-2012, 15:45
I am glad we agree. I didn't really want to kill you tomorrow. I already have too much paperwork on my desk.:wavey:

Cool story bro

RWBlue
12-12-2012, 16:16
So you are saying that if you felt a punch to the back of the head, they guy is half your size, you would fight back but if he was twice your size you would run? That's being a coward.

When I was 15, I went and beat up a 13 year old bully for punching a girl. He was terrified and didn't stand a chance. He came back with his brother, who was my age except heavier, both jumped on me, I still won. I think they expected me to run, as they would, I threw the first punch actually.

In fact, if I see someone that is scared to fight someone bigger, but really willing to fight someone smaller, I know there must be weakness and poison.

If someone decides to attack me, my best move is to move to defend myself in a way that stops the threat and leads to their arrest.

Their size really doesn't matter except in the level of defence I must put up.

Or to put it a different way, if I am attacked by a 250# male wearing a mask, I can shoot them to stop them. If an unarmed 60# school girl attacks me I can not shoot her. Juries frown on shooting people who are not a real threat.

And just for clarity, if someone decides to jump you for no apparent reason who can easily kick your * you want to stick around and fight it out? And you think it will be a fair fight?

TBO
12-12-2012, 16:44
Airfare?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

happyguy
12-12-2012, 17:36
Crowder Challenges Union Attacker: Jail Time or MMA Fight

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/12/11/Crowder-Issues-Ultimatum-To-Union-Attacker-Jail-Time-Or-MMA-Fight

"Face me like a man," Crowder taunted...

Regards,

TBO
12-12-2012, 17:47
Deja vu... :tbo:

Dubble-Tapper
12-12-2012, 18:37
Airfare?

ill be the first to admit im not any sort of tough guy. its not likely id fly anywhere and fight sight unseen over words or ego on GT.

if i were a rogue cop gone pro MMA fighter i might. but im not.

if the RWBlue guy gets butthurt because i think that two consenting guys could in some situations scrap out difference, then so be it. Personally, id not likely scrap or fly anywhere, nor threaten to kill anyone at Arlington Cemetery over words on GT :rofl:

OhioGlock90
12-12-2012, 19:01
If two people have an issue and decide fighting is the best answer I have no problem with it. Well as long as its a fair fight wit no weapons!

390ish
12-12-2012, 20:00
I used mutual combat as a defense in a domestic battery case one time and it worked. Guy was driving and she hit him in the head with a claw hammer on the way back from an event. She only did it once and just about cut off a piece of his ear. He was able to get the truck back on the road and put the TKO on her with his right hand while still steering with the left. The threat had stopped, and the judge deemed it mutual combat rather than self-defense. I didn't care what it was called but was glad to have my guy walk out of the court room.

DanaT
12-12-2012, 20:04
ill be the first to admit im not any sort of tough guy. its not likely id fly anywhere and fight sight unseen over words or ego on GT.

if i were a rogue cop gone pro MMA fighter i might. but im not.

if the RWBlue guy gets butthurt because i think that two consenting guys could in some situations scrap out difference, then so be it. Personally, id not likely scrap or fly anywhere, nor threaten to kill anyone at Arlington Cemetery over words on GT :rofl:

What if you were a rogue MMA fighter turned cop?

Angry Fist
12-12-2012, 20:24

Back in the day, I knew a few unsavory fellows that would turn up at a few places I went. Mutual friends, their relatives, etc. 3 of these guys had quite a few issues, IV drug use being one of them. If they wanted to scrap, they would have been shot. I ain't taking the chance on swappin' blood with a junkie in a fight.