America's 2 Gun Cultures [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : America's 2 Gun Cultures

rick458
12-05-2012, 05:27
http://townhall.com/columnists/katiepavlich/2012/12/05/clarifying_americas_gun_culture

wvtarheel
12-05-2012, 07:24
That is a really excellent article, which accurately captures the USA's "two gun cultures."

The practical question in the gun debate is how you get weapons out of the hands of drug dealers and gang members, without infringing on the rights of every day citizens who use firearms responsibly?

I don't have an answer to that question, maybe there isn't one, but that is the issue as I see it.

CaptCave
12-05-2012, 07:44
You can't.

Even if you outlaw firearms, criminals will still use and have them.

Increase the penalties. Longer jail time, bigger fines.

On the other end, you deregulate carry, possession, and self defense laws.

Criminals get harsher treatment for using firearms and at the same time, Citizens get more freedom in the keeping and bearing part.

happyguy
12-05-2012, 07:46
The practical question in the gun debate is how you get weapons out of the hands of drug dealers and gang members, without infringing on the rights of every day citizens who use firearms responsibly?

I don't have an answer to that question, maybe there isn't one, but that is the issue as I see it.

Cut off their hands.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy :)

Bren
12-05-2012, 08:01
That is a really excellent article, which accurately captures the USA's "two gun cultures."

That easy, but we won't do it. The answer is, stop creating gangs, drug dealers and organized crime. The American public/government created everything from the Mafia to the Crips and Bloods and MS13. We created them by addressing symptoms, rather than root causes, and doing it in such a way that any intelligent person could have forseen the results.

fnfalman
12-05-2012, 10:51
I love it when hot chicks try to talk smart.