Doomsday Preppers LOL last night. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Doomsday Preppers LOL last night.

vart
12-05-2012, 12:41
Was flipping through the channels and saw some tacticool preppers sitting up in a plywood hunting blind with EBRs so I kept tuned in.

It was well worth it...:rofl:

One of them announced he was going to take a shot at a target, both had on hearing protection, and the one not shooting put his hands over his ear muffs prior to the shot.

The shooter took one shot and the other one freaked out; screaming and rolling out of the blind. I thought he had either been shot or the brass went down his shirt.

Nope. The sound was apparently so traumatic for him that it caused great physical harm...

He was throwing up, crying, laying on the ground, and an ambulance was called...:shocked:

WTF??

The narrator for the show of course pointed out how the flashhider on the end of the barrel was actually a muzzlebrake and actually magnified the sound of the shot...:upeyes:

token5gtd
12-05-2012, 12:44
Yea, TV is BS, and the guy is a puss either way.

Having been standing right next to an idiot that ND'd a 20" 12ga inside a metal building... I can assure you, its not THAT bad.

JJohnson
12-05-2012, 12:49
I thought that muzzle attachment looked familiar. It was a Homer Simpson loudener:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/xIpLd0WQKCY

Glockdude1
12-05-2012, 12:53
Those 2 guys have money to burn. Why no suppressors??

:dunno:

Tango 1Zero
12-05-2012, 12:55
One thing about these shows is no one expects aimed gunfire. They think well I can walk around my place im armed and grow food etc.
One or two guys sniping and or assaulting and they would fall apart.
Still fun to watch.

MtBaldy
12-05-2012, 12:58
Was flipping through the channels and saw some tacticool preppers sitting up in a plywood hunting blind with EBRs

So he was shooting 5.56? Or .308? Either way....wow.

PBCounty
12-05-2012, 13:00
Gonna guess it was part of the script.

Kilrain
12-05-2012, 13:02
Was flipping through the channels and saw some tacticool preppers sitting up in a plywood hunting blind with EBRs so I kept tuned in.

One of them announced he was going to take a shot at a target, both had on hearing protection, and the one not shooting put his hands over his ear muffs prior to the shot.

The shooter took one shot and the other one freaked out; screaming and rolling out of the blind. I thought he had either been shot or the brass went down his shirt.

Nope. The sound was apparently so traumatic for him that it caused great physical harm...

He was throwing up, crying, laying on the ground, and an ambulance was called...:shocked:

WTF??

The narrator for the show of course pointed out how the flashhider on the end of the barrel was actually a muzzlebrake and actually magnified the sound of the shot...:upeyes:

I saw that last night too.

I found it interesting the guy who got injured was talking about how much he knew about firearms having been raised around them and how little the other guy knew.

Smash cut to them sitting in some kind of blind/lookout box in the desert next to each with the firearms novice about to fire his rifle with the muzzle inside this blind/lookout box. The "expert" sitting next to him and adjacent but slightly behind the other guys muzzle, sees what he is doing and instead of stopping him, puts his hand over his ear muff, turns his head and leans away. Then the shot and much drama.........

The best part was the "expert," who obviously should have known better and taken steps to stop him, blamed the novice and said he couldn't be part of his little prepper team anymore..........:rofl:

It was goofy for sure.

quantum36
12-05-2012, 13:03
Saw that episode too. My first reaction was "what a wimp"... Both guys were goofy as hell.

tarpleyg
12-05-2012, 13:15

WTF??

Not for nothing but I have a Miculek brake on my AR that could be mistaken for a flash hider and God help you if you're standing in my 7-10 or 1-4 position. The concussion goes right through you.

PBCounty
12-05-2012, 13:20
We do all know that the shows are total bs right? As in fake family members who are actually actors, show subjects encouraged to act like loons, etc...

Kilrain
12-05-2012, 13:32
We do all know that the shows are total bs right? As in fake family members who are actually actors, show subjects encouraged to act like loons, etc...

That's the best part. If it's real, it's funny and sad. Conversely, if it's fake, it's funny and sad. Either way, I got a chuckle out of it............

:dunno:

Hailstorm
12-05-2012, 14:25
I'm sorry. But if Jerry Springer calls and says they want you to come on the show....Don't

Kilrain
12-05-2012, 14:39
I'm sorry. But if Jerry Springer calls and says they want you to come on the show....Don't

It would depend on how much they pay...............:supergrin:

ca survivor
12-05-2012, 16:48
I like when they are worry about radiation fall out, and they are growing vegetables in an open garden. :rofl:

*ASH*
12-05-2012, 16:56
bigger question ... which Gt members were they ??:whistling::whistling::whistling::rofl:

TK-421
12-05-2012, 16:59
Didn't one of the adults shoot his finger off while showing his kids how to safely use firearms?

Kingarthurhk
12-05-2012, 17:02
Yeah, I was thinking what a pansy. They are both wearing hearing protection and the other guy is all laid out on the ground because he heard a loud noise. I don't think he has to worry about protecting his ranch. The moment he fires his own weapon, he'll be laid out on the ground moaning and belly aching.:rofl:

SkaOG
12-05-2012, 17:02
Didn't one of the adults shoot his finger off while showing his kids how to safely use firearms?

different episode. But yes, the guy shot his thumb off and then passed out.

TK-421
12-05-2012, 17:05
different episode. But yes, the guy shot his thumb off and then passed out.

Do you think that was real or staged?

SkaOG
12-05-2012, 17:18
Do you think that was real or staged?

I hope it was real, his thumb was pretty torn up after. Doubtful they would pay well enough to shoot off your thumb just to make for better TV drama.

TK-421
12-05-2012, 17:22
I hope it was real, his thumb was pretty torn up after. Doubtful they would pay well enough to shoot off your thumb just to make for better TV drama.

If it was real, it really begs the question "What the hell was he doing teaching other people how to use firearms if he doesn't know to keep his finger off the end of the barrel? :dunno:

SkaOG
12-05-2012, 17:24
If it was real, it really begs the question "What the hell was he doing teaching other people how to use firearms if he doesn't know to keep his finger off the end of the barrel? :dunno:

Bet he wont make that mistake again.

cesaros
12-05-2012, 17:25
I'm not a fan of preppers...it makes gun owners and people who like to stockpile, look like fools and crazies.

However, they do generalize these peoples locations, which will make it easier for me to find them and take their food and ammo.

TK-421
12-05-2012, 17:48

Don't count on that, I think it's likely he will. :rofl:

*ASH*
12-05-2012, 17:51
I'm not a fan of preppers...it makes gun owners and people who like to stockpile, look like fools and crazies.

However, they do generalize these peoples locations, which will make it easier for me to find them and take their food and ammo.

agreed me and some buds got some stuff , plenty of firepower , and if it hits the fan we are taking on these hoarders and their **** .

stolenphot0
12-05-2012, 18:58

I'm pretty sure that guy said he was in Special Forces too. I watched two episodes a few weekends ago and had to turn it. Those people were only planning for "1 specific" attack type. Odd.

Lampshade
12-05-2012, 19:21

I would hypothesize that he knew better, but did it anyway.

vart
12-05-2012, 19:39

He can only make it twice...:whistling:

TK-421
12-05-2012, 19:42
I really don't know what is wrong with those guys. Once I get the money, and the space, I'll be prepping for like a Sandy type of thing. The bare essentials for long enough to sustain me until they can get things working again. I don't want to have to raid the super market for food, I don't want to have to spend hours in line for gas, or sell my body to get it. And I want enough fire power that I can defend my residence from anybody who wants to take what I have.

Cali-Glock
12-05-2012, 20:20
I could not believe that nonsense - the "injured" guy was crying about how unsafe and stupid his partner was for shooting his rifle from inside the blind. What utter nonsense. I thought to myself I don't want to be anywhere near that idiot; not to mention the idiot pointing guns at his buddies when they first showed up.

mo.glocker
12-06-2012, 01:48
I could not believe that nonsense - the "injured" guy was crying about how unsafe and stupid his partner was for shooting his rifle from inside the blind. What utter nonsense. I thought to myself I don't want to be anywhere near that idiot; not to mention the idiot pointing guns at his buddies when they first showed up.
i know,just got thru watching this wuss,had his ear protection on and still cried like a baby& went to the hospital:rofl::rofl::rofl:oh man,if i was cousin eddie,i would left before he said(im gonna have to let you go mann)just on the grounds of how big a puss he was geese!

bigmac85
12-06-2012, 03:20
What's worse when you get the dipsticks that repeat what they see on this sitcom like its gospel!

HerrGlock
12-06-2012, 04:11
I thought that muzzle attachment looked familiar. It was a Homer Simpson loudener:

Homer Simpson is a Johnny Come Lately. The original Loundener:
Sledge Hammer's invention, a loudener - YouTube

Disintegr8or
12-06-2012, 06:35
Not to mention his "secure" bug out location is about a mile from town, and about 1,000 feet from the main highway. I found it on Google maps about 2 minutes after the show.

Now the guy in the Pacific NW that was on the new episode with the tricked out house on a cliff and guard GSD was the first person on the show that seemed normal and not crazy. He had his stuff together and I liked his house a lot.

okie
12-06-2012, 07:19

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

okie
12-06-2012, 07:22
Watched that show, got a chuckle out of it:rofl::rofl:

napp32
12-06-2012, 07:48
Gonna guess it was part of the script.

You think they actually script reality shows? :whistling:

SomeDay
12-06-2012, 08:13
You think they actually script reality shows? :whistling:

No need. Given the chance on camera, people will act like fools without any prompting.

dbcooper
12-06-2012, 08:26
My prepping consists of watching the clowns on the show so I know where to go when I need stuff if the SHTF.

Magnus2131
12-08-2012, 23:47
Just watched the one tonight where this guy did massive prepping for food, etc but when told he lost points for defense because he had no guns, he replied "Yeah I know, well it's just not my thing." How can he rationalize that?

TK-421
12-09-2012, 00:08
Just watched the one tonight where this guy did massive prepping for food, etc but when told he lost points for defense because he had no guns, he replied "Yeah I know, well it's just not my thing." How can he rationalize that?

It's hilarious at the end where they get scored for points, and the guys always piss and moan, and make up excuses, or say stupid stuff about the scoring system. They very rarely actually take the advice and use it. Instead, they think they know the only way to properly prep, and the scoring system is stupid. :rofl:

DWARREN123
12-09-2012, 05:23
So these folks were Doomsday Poopers? :rofl:

Glockdude1
12-09-2012, 05:29
So these folks were Doomsday Poopers? :rofl:

Right after the MRE coffee........ :tongueout:

lunarspeak
12-09-2012, 06:42

Now the guy in the Pacific NW that was on the new episode with the tricked out house on a cliff and guard GSD was the first person on the show that seemed normal and not crazy. He had his stuff together and I liked his house a lot.

this guy has made more sense then anyone ever on the show...he is staying home when the SHTF because he knows everyone and his brother are going to be leaving town

it still amazes me all the people(alot of them on GT) that have this fantasy about going to the hills and liveing off the land and not running into another liveing soul....millions of people will be leaving the cities if SHTF happens,,the 'hills' you all talk about are going to be filled with people,pets..screaming little kids.

its going to be hard to fish for food in your secret pond when a 100 people are bathing in it,throwing trash,feces in it..

Restless28
12-09-2012, 06:46
The guys here who admit that they are raiders are proof that everyone should be armed.