PSA "Blem" Lower [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : PSA "Blem" Lower

bigmoney890
12-05-2012, 14:01
Just picked up my Palmetto State Blem lower from my LGS, and ironically so was another gentleman, and there is not one single blemish. Me and the guy there inspected our own lowers, switched to see if the other could find any, and then switched back to check again. Literally not one single speck of anodizing was off. Looks to be the best $69.99 i've spent in a while. And the same goes for my "blem" upper.

Despite all of PSA's problems, I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone on a STRICT budget and who is in NO RUSH to get their build done. That said, if you have the funds, i'd go with another company for sure. But if I had very little wiggle room to work with, i'd go with PSA and never look back. It might take 6 weeks, but at least i'd have a quality product for a great deal. I suggest that if anyone orders from them, place your order, forget about it, and be one surprised and happy S.O.B. when it eventually shows up.

WoodenPlank
12-05-2012, 14:10
I had my PSA lower in a timely fashion - about a week. The only flaw I could find was a blue circle the size of a pencil eraser just under the safety hole on the INSIDE of the receiver. With the parts kit installed, I can't see it.

My upper has been slower, but it finally shipped. However, my major complaint with PSA is their customer service (or lack thereof). If they could get more people to answer phones and emails, and get some people with half a clue about AR-15s to do it, then they would be a lot better off.

bigmoney890
12-05-2012, 14:17
Precisely right, that's why I suggested what I did. I joked today with Marty that if/when I order with them again, i'd make sure I forgot I did, so when it arrived it was like a present for myself :rofl: I think PSA is a great company with the poorest customer service/quality assurance that i've ever seen, which is a damn shame. I won't hesitate to buy from them again, but I know what to expect and I want people that visit this forum to know what they are getting themselves into before they order.

Oh and btw plank, I never realized how beautiful and solid a Larue was until I played with one at Shooter's. A 7.62 OBR is definitely on my short list of wants. Too bad it'll take 3 years to save up for one!

WoodenPlank
12-05-2012, 14:23
Precisely right, that's why I suggested what I did. I joked today with Marty that if/when I order with them again, i'd make sure I forgot I did, so when it arrived it was like a present for myself :rofl: I think PSA is a great company with the poorest customer service/quality assurance that i've ever seen, which is a damn shame. I won't hesitate to buy from them again, but I know what to expect and I want people that visit this forum to know what they are getting themselves into before they order.

Oh and btw plank, I never realized how beautiful and solid a Larue was until I played with one at Shooter's. A 7.62 OBR is definitely on my short list of wants. Too bad it'll take 3 years to save up for one!

Yup. Was it a standard OBR or PredatAR? I can't remember which they had in stock.

bigmoney890
12-05-2012, 14:28
This was a PredatAR, but they had a 7.62 OBR a few weeks ago, and someone traded their unfired 5.56 OBR for it (i think that's what marty told me). So i've gotten to handle all of the PredatAR and OBR line. Very impressive!

NCWalrus
12-05-2012, 19:41
What else do you plan on using for the build?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

bigmoney890
12-05-2012, 19:44
What else do you plan on using for the build?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

I'm not building on this one. This is a "just in case" lower.

WoodenPlank
12-05-2012, 21:54
I'm not building on this one. This is a "just in case" lower.

Yeah, that's what I said about the blem I bought too. My barreled upper will be here tomorrow, and everything else I need to finish the gun is in the safe waiting on it. :whistling:

bigmoney890
12-05-2012, 21:56
Well hopefully my buddy will still want to buy this one so I can go ahead and get started on my LMT build :supergrin:

wct097
12-05-2012, 22:14
I bought three when they were $59.99. Sold one to a buddy for his budget build and couldn't find a spec on any of them. One looks like it might have a small scuff under the anodizing, but you really have to look for it. Realistically, you'd never notice the "blem" once you assembled it and shot it a couple times.

These blem lowers are in far better condition than my 10y/o build that has a several thousand rounds through it.