Bob Costas on Bill O'Reilly's Show Tonight... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bob Costas on Bill O'Reilly's Show Tonight...

zackwatt
12-05-2012, 18:20
It was a pretty good debate, some good point on both sides...

O'Reilly: Would rather have a firearm in the Colorado movie theater shooting than lay on the floor.
Costas: Would rather lay on the floor.

Costas: "There is a gun culture problem."

Costas is skirting a real issue here. That issue is the "thug" mentality that leads to many violent crimes and shootings in this country.

He just won't come out and really say it...

Unfortunately by not coming out and saying "it", the law abiding gun owners get lumped into the issue as well.

Altaris
12-05-2012, 19:00
I didn't see it, but I don't know if I want O'Reilly attempting to defend the 2nd amendment. He isn't the brightest when it comes to facts and logic.

I will have to try and find a youtube video of it later.

bmoore
12-05-2012, 19:07
Did they put their big heads together and write some new gun laws?

ysr_racer
12-05-2012, 19:21
Battle of the d-bags ?

Harper
12-05-2012, 19:39
I wouldn't be surprised if the anti's new tactic is to push rhetoric to condemn "gun culture" in an attempt to pretend they're not trying to take away guns but rather deal with the "extremists" or "bad apples", so to speak. Divide and conquer in other words, detach pro-gun activists from moderate gun owners.

Harper
12-05-2012, 19:39
Battle of the d-bags ?

Yes, basically.

KK40384
12-05-2012, 19:46
I saw 45 seconds of it and had to change the channel before my blood pressure increased to dangerous levels.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

zackwatt
12-05-2012, 19:50
I didn't see it, but I don't know if I want O'Reilly attempting to defend the 2nd amendment. He isn't the brightest when it comes to facts and logic.

He did better than he usually does...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Goesfw7R9vk

Altaris
12-05-2012, 20:07
He did better than he usually does...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Goesfw7R9vk

Bill let him off the hook on quiet a few things(most likely lack of knowledge of what to argue), but Bill did do better than I was expecting.
Bob Costas on the other hand looked like even more of a nut than I thought he was.

cowboywannabe
12-05-2012, 20:17
Bill is an elitist, hardly the one to argue for the "common" man's rights.

MulletLoad
12-05-2012, 20:29
"O'Reilly: Would rather have a firearm in the Colorado movie theater shooting than lay on the floor.

Costas: Would rather lay on the floor."

Wow. What a sad sorry little man. Even more sad and sorry is it probably won't affect his paycheck the slightest.

He should get zero respect and zero earnings for working in the media. The fact that he feels he can flippantly say that without any repercussions bothers me the most.

What a p#ssy.

czsmithGT
12-05-2012, 20:37
"O'Reilly: Would rather have a firearm in the Colorado movie theater shooting than lay on the floor.

Costas: Would rather lay on the floor."

Wow. What a sad sorry little man. Even more sad and sorry is it probably won't affect his paycheck the slightest.

He should get zero respect and zero earnings for working in the media. The fact that he feels he can flippantly say that without any repercussions bothers me the most.

What a p#ssy.

I bet that little dirt bag would never actually go to a movie theater and associate with normal people, or at least not without his armed body guard. Easy for these rich libtards to throw stones when they live in cocoons.

9jeeps
12-05-2012, 20:37
I would say both of them would be like two squirrels arguing over a coconut. A lot of chatter but not much is going to happen.

97XJ_Sport
12-05-2012, 21:05
After the Aurora shooting O'reilly said on his show that he thinks there should be more strict gun laws.

O'Reilly, Chaffetz Spar Over Gun Control - YouTube

Harper
12-05-2012, 21:17
Bill let him off the hook on quiet a few things(most likely lack of knowledge of what to argue), but Bill did do better than I was expecting.
Bob Costas on the other hand looked like even more of a nut than I thought he was.

Yeah, I think Bill should have pressed the issue of what "gun culture" he was referring to. It sounds like Costas just made up an imaginary demographic of people who think every situation is solved by firing a gun. That's not the gun culture I know. The gun culture I know is anal retentive about personal responsibility, especially when seen in the context of being representatives of gun owners, avoiding confrontations that would lead to violence, and certainly see themselves as the antithesis of thug culture. So who belongs to this "gun culture" that America has such a large problem with? My guess is it's just rhetoric to indirectly call for more gun control but my point is Costas shouldn't have been allowed to get away with it.

Of course like others said, O'reilly is far from the ideal champion of the 2nd.

unit1069
12-05-2012, 21:45
Costas is a Radical Left tool; we all know every liberal would prefer having the means to defend himself against a potential murderer but can't bring himself to speak the truth.

On the other hand O'Reilly is a pompous puke who can't manage to find the wherewithal to slap down imbeciles like Costas when they start mouthing "automatic assault weapons". O'Reilly takes discussions to the breaking point and then instead of taking down imbeciles he decides to let them off the hook.

Bill, you're a failure; give the chair to someone who has the balls to take the fight to the enemy instead of surrendering at the very moment of victory, you freakin' putz.

SGT HATRED
12-05-2012, 21:47
Again the media claims anyone can purchase an "automatic" weapon with no restrictions....

Wil Ufgood
12-05-2012, 21:54
Replace O'Really with the SAVAGE!

stevelyn
12-05-2012, 22:31
It was a pretty good debate, some good point on both sides...

Horse****. Wasn't much of a debate at all. The Leprechaun isn't exactly known as a friend of gun owners either. If anything, they're kindred spirits where only the minute details differ.

Berto
12-05-2012, 22:33
Too bad it wasn't Celebrity Deathmatch and they tied for second.

Soujurn
12-05-2012, 22:38
This country does not have a "gun culture". There is a very large "violence culture" and as long as there is, I will choose to protect myself the best way I can. With my HK USPc.
Definately not by laying on the ground, cowering like a rabbit.

LEOson
12-05-2012, 22:40
Costas lost all respect from me when he kept rambling on about "military artillery". I was like, Bill!!! Put him in his place. Costas obviously didn't do a damn bit of research if he doesn't know that you can't just stroll into Cabela's and walk out with a fully automatic AR.
On a side note, who else wishes R. Lee Ermey was sitting in O'Rielly's seat?

jame
12-05-2012, 22:56
Too bad it wasn't Celebrity Deathmatch and they tied for second.

Omigod.......do I miss Celebrity Deathmatch! The golden age of cable TV! I loved that show. :supergrin:

Captain Ron
12-05-2012, 23:41
Replace O'Really with the SAVAGE! Savage has said he does not support people having 100 round magazines.He is no better than O'Reilly.

mgs
12-06-2012, 06:40
I don't feel sorry for any of these people. Plant a carrot....get a carrot. The Thug Gun Culture can kill themselves all day long for all I care. If people choose to associated with them and die.....oh well. Their choice. None of them are innocent by any means. Seems harsh but it is what it is.

Psychman
12-06-2012, 06:55
40 percent of gun purchases in the US do not require a background check?? Huh?

cowboywannabe
12-06-2012, 06:57
does o'reilly have scoliosis? hes always leaning to his right.

Fear Night
12-06-2012, 07:14
I can't believe O'Riley let him get away with the automatic comment ...

Costas was alluding that anybody can legally purchase "military style artillery, body armor, and fully automatic weapons" all without a background check. :faint:

redbaron007
12-06-2012, 07:28
OReilly has a man crush on Costa.....hence, he didn't want to be too hard on him! :rofl:

Never been a big fan of OReilly.....still have no urgency to watch him much.

:wavey:

red

Altaris
12-06-2012, 07:42
I can't believe O'Riley let him get away with the automatic comment ...

Costas was alluding that anybody can legally purchase "military style artillery, body armor, and fully automatic weapons" all without a background check. :faint:

And that goes to my point of Bill not being good with facts and logic.
I don't think that he intentionally let him get away with it. I think he just didn't know any better, because he didn't have the right info to be able to argue the point.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to go purchase some mortars for my backyard. My neighbor parked his car at a funny angle, so I think it is time to escalate the situation and start shelling him :supergrin:

brisk21
12-06-2012, 07:43
Its funny. In one breath, Costas says that some guns are way too dangerous for "citizens" to own. In another breath, he says us "citizens" wouldn't be able to even defend ourselves with them. If the guns are so dangerous, why won't we be able to defend ourselves with them?

redbaron007
12-06-2012, 07:45
Costa spouts more hyperbole than anything else.

It is very obvious he wishes to have more gun control.....i.e. training to buy a gun etc. His facts are alarming.....40% of guns purchase require no background check...please qualify this statement..

I love his description of the CO theater shooting if more people had guns in there!

He is a left wing nutjob! Or actually a media leftist elitist!

red

HoldHard
12-06-2012, 07:46
If Costas is on television, the channel gets changed.

You can't fix stupid but you don't have to listen to it.

HH

mgs
12-06-2012, 07:46
Costa spouts more hyperbole than anything else.

It is very obvious he wishes to have more gun control.....i.e. training to buy a gun etc. His facts are alarming.....40% of guns purchase require no background check...please qualify this statement..

I love his description of the CO theater shooting if more people had guns in there!

He is a left wing nutjob! Or actually a media leftist elitist!

red

Remember.....let people like him die in the theatre.

redbaron007
12-06-2012, 07:54
Remember.....let people like him die in the theatre.

He prolly wouldn't be the first one on my list. :supergrin:

red

exmdshooter
12-06-2012, 07:56
Costas is a PC tool. He's not really talking about the "gun culture" - those of us who frequent this board know what that is and are almost universally members of it. As has been stated, we're generally quite anal about safety, responsibility, and being non-confrontational. We also tend to be among the most law-abiding demographic in the culture.

No, Costas is really talking about the "thug culture." He can't call it that because the term has socio-economic and racial overtones that are strictly forbidden in PC speech. The thug culture is characterized by violence as a response to virtually any slight or insult, real or perceived. Often, but certainly not always, guns play a role in this violence. But that's strictly secondary to the cause of the violence, and has nothing to do with the "gun culture" as we know the term.

Of course, lumping the two together is a win-win for the left: they avoid calling out "thugs" by name (a PC no-no), and at the same time associate folks like us with the likes of them, strengthening their case for more stringent restrictions on firearms across the board.

Psychman
12-06-2012, 08:40
The last thing Bill said to him was, "I know you have security there, lots of it". Guess that is a good reason that Bobby doesn't need a gun. If I could afford security around me, I may not need to carry either. Same ole' elitist attitude we have heard before. I can't help but think almost any of us here could have done a better job than Bill did with Bob.

Al Czervik
12-06-2012, 08:51
Ugh, that made me sick. You can just see the smug elitism dripping from li'l Bobby's chin.

The next few years will be a full court press on gun control from all angles.

GLWyandotte
12-06-2012, 08:57
O'Reilly didn't do the best, however, he tried. Given all the hosts of primetime talkshows, he was the only person to bring Costas on and while he didn't exactly skewer him, he did give him enough rope to expose himself further.

fnfalman
12-06-2012, 08:59

That way both of the participants can lambast on gun laws.

Psychman
12-06-2012, 09:01
O'Reilly didn't do the best, however, he tried. Given all the hosts of primetime talkshows, he was the only person to bring Costas on and while he didn't exactly skewer him, he did give him enough rope to expose himself further.

B+ for effort and c+ for execution?

bmoore
12-06-2012, 09:21

My man!

gjk5
12-06-2012, 09:31
Savage has said he does not support people having 100 round magazines.He is no better than O'Reilly.

well there is that......and the fact that he is a moron......and possibly the most annoying person on the radio.