Another trucking thread :) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Another trucking thread :)

larry_minn
12-05-2012, 18:27
I didn't want to revive old ones. :0

First the medical. It was suggested to go to a place that specalizes in DOT, CDL physicals. (and it was cheaper then family Dr. plus family Dr. normally has week wait for non-emergency) To be fair if I feel something is wrong he will tell me to come in/see me dang near as soon as I get there.

Anyway they do blood draw/blood/glucose meter. "190" I am in shock. Then BP "158/110" She leaves and I am walking around room. Thinking insulin, diet changes (massive) weight loss (ok thats needed)
I come up with "That MUST be wrong. So 2nd test. "79" and bp of 142/90" (IMO with stress thats not too far out of line) So couple more minutes and I passed BP as well.

So I have wasted afternoon, over $100 med check, buy items for road that I have no use for otherwise, swing by to get truck. "Larry don't know how to tell you. They decided to hire one of their own drivers" Trip is off. I have route, rest stops, Times for avoiding major cities/rush hr...
IF I had not had some other stuff to do I would have been on road BEFORE they canceled... Yep trucking is a fun job. Even when you are doing it just for a "lark" and to help out friend. (he gets paid balance when truck is back in TN)

I am requesting they pay for my physical. And sugest he get paid bill before he hands over keys.

devildog2067
12-06-2012, 10:34
That's messed up my friend. Sorry to hear they shafted you like that. It ain't right.

samuse
12-07-2012, 06:01
I'da just bootlegged it.

paynter2
12-07-2012, 06:23
That sucks Larry. Maybe, sometime, when they have a hot load and a sick driver you can return the favor... :whistling:

larry_minn
12-07-2012, 12:30
I'da just bootlegged it.

Well as I own a business with value, am invested in another... To take that kind of risk would not be wise.

Likely nothing would happen. BUT lets say some young person with child in car runs into me. Kid dies/they sue. The owner of truck decides to "play dumb" as only verbal. Maybe claim I was hauling my car for personal reason in their truck/without permission? I would be putting what I have worked for at risk for "almost" nothing.
I didn't NEED the job. I have plenty of my own work/with equipment I know/trust/make my own hrs/decisions. The more you have the more you risk.....

samuse
12-07-2012, 20:52
Yeah that's true.

I used to bootleg a bunch of hot shot loads in the oilfield when I was in my 20s.

Most of the time with a 1-ton, sometimes with a Pete.

I didn't have much to take, and I needed the cash bad.