Detroit's Destiny [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Detroit's Destiny

maxsnafu
12-06-2012, 09:44
http://www.alternativeright.com/main/blogs/district-of-corruption/the-destiny-of-detroit/

DonGlock26
12-06-2012, 12:37
Sad but true. Court-ordered busing greatly accelerated white flight. I know, my family fled Detroit for greener pastures to avoid busing and Detroit public schools in 1970.

G17Jake
12-06-2012, 19:11
What level of government was behind busing?

DonGlock26
12-06-2012, 19:20
What level of government was behind busing?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desegregation_busing_in_the_United_States

The Supreme court and lower federal courts. Tyranny wore black robes instead of the purple.

G17Jake
12-06-2012, 19:26
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desegregation_busing_in_the_United_States

The Supreme court and lower federal courts. Tyranny wore black robes instead of the purple.

Thanks.

walt cowan
12-07-2012, 06:54
as goes detroit so, goes the nation.

kirgi08
12-07-2012, 08:25
The state will step in and "save" that cesspool.'08.

SGT HATRED
12-07-2012, 08:47
Was that racist?

jeanderson
12-07-2012, 09:13
I live in Cleveland and every so often there are always stories in the Plain Dealer comparing our city to others, like Pittsburgh or recently Indianapolis. They're always asking the question, "Why are these cities doing better than us?".

If you take the 30 seconds required to go look up population and race statistics, the answer is right in front of your nose. But the politically correct editors of the Plain Dealer will never raise the issue. It's always for some other reason that Cleveland is falling behind.

Tango 1Zero
12-07-2012, 09:17
I live in Cleveland and every so often there are always stories in the Plain Dealer comparing our city to others, like Pittsburgh or recently Indianapolis. They're always asking the question, "Why are these cities doing better than us?".

If you take the 30 seconds required to go look up population and race statistics, the answer is right in front of your nose. But the politically correct editors of the Plain Dealer will never raise the issue. It's always for some other reason that Cleveland is falling behind.

Exactly! Im in Dayton and its a mirror of what happened in Detroit in the past.

Chesafreak
12-07-2012, 09:48
The timing of this story coincides nicely with a book I just started reading: Spreading the Wealth: How Obama is Robbing the Suburbs to Pay for the Cities. Spreading the Wealth: How Obama is Robbing the Suburbs to Pay for the Cities: Stanley Kurtz: 9781595230928: Amazon.com: Books

maxsnafu
12-08-2012, 11:37

Here's the answer to your question (Hint: believe it or not, it isn't Liberalism): http://stuffblackpeopledontlike.blogspot.com/2012/12/72-percent-white-portland-vs-90-percent.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+StuffBlackPeopleDontLike-Sbpdl+%28Stuff+Black+People+Don%27t+Like+-+SBPDL%29

BicycleDay43
12-08-2012, 12:07
It's real sad seeing a city that was once a booming capital for America's auto industry fall to being the slum that it is today.

@masxsnafu

Great article there, and no, you're not a racist, just in touch with reality. :wavey:

czsmithGT
12-08-2012, 13:17
Was that racist?

No just realist.

Bren
12-08-2012, 13:56

I'm sure the left will be along to call that racist, but...

Several years ago I took the FBI's uniform crime reports for the year - all crime reported to the police in America - and a U.S. Census Statistical Abstract of the United States and made a graph with lines for per capita crime and per capita minority population in major cities (I think, may have been states). It was surprising how the 2 lines followed each other across the graph. I think that's one reason the FBI stopped breaking crimes down by race for a couple of years.

maxsnafu
12-08-2012, 14:09
I'm sure the left will be along to call that racist, but...

Several years ago I took the FBI's uniform crime reports for the year - all crime reported to the police in America - and a U.S. Census Statistical Abstract of the United States and made a graph with lines for per capita crime and per capita minority population in major cities (I think, may have been states). It was surprising how the 2 lines followed each other across the graph. I think that's one reason the FBI stopped breaking crimes down by race for a couple of years.

If you want to see a real eye-opening statistic check out the numbers on interracial rape.