EOtech and Aimpoint deals [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : EOtech and Aimpoint deals

bigmoney890
12-06-2012, 13:56
Aimpoint PRO for $365 shipped from Officerstore.com with code ECSP10
http://www.officerstore.com/store/product.cfm/pid_8501_aimpoint_patrol_rifle_optic_sight_pro_2moa_dot/
http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/primary/514/514855.jpg
Aimpoint Comp ML2 for $362 Shipped from overstock.com. Follow this link to get the 15% off and make it $362, http://www.overstock.com/?cid=217989&fp=F&AID=11243463&PID=2210202&SID=uuuF813D30B-470B-9F4C-0778-FEA80776198A. (http://www.overstock.com/?cid=217989&fp=F&AID=11243463&PID=2210202&SID=uuuF813D30B-470B-9F4C-0778-FEA80776198A)
http://shopwilsoncombat.com/images/nw102.jpg

Eotech 512 for $339 shipped also from Overstock.com. Follow the same link as the ML2 for the %15 off to make it $339
http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/primary/453/453878.jpg

I can't take advantage of any of these until payday, but hopefully some of you can. Maybe show these to your wives/girlfriends for a hint on your christmas present? :wavey:

WoodenPlank
12-06-2012, 14:25
Not a big fan of the 512, but the PRO at that price is a screaming deal. The M2 price is pretty solid, too, but the PRO is an overall better optic.

bmoore
12-06-2012, 14:58
Thank you for the heads up. I was so on the fence between my EXPS2-0 and the PRO that I may snag the Aimpoint now too. Ive got a rifle that needs an optic anyways.

boomhower
12-06-2012, 15:18
Very good deal on the Pro. I'd highly recommend it. I've had mine since they were released and love it.

robotoid
12-06-2012, 15:22
Aimpoimt PRO gone from their site

cowboy1964
12-06-2012, 15:38
Yeah, the old longish EOTechs are kind of lame these days. EXPS2 is the way to go.

WarEagle32
12-06-2012, 15:40
Thats awesome on the PRO. I love mine.

raven11
12-06-2012, 16:11
my checkbook hates you OP lol

FatBoy
12-06-2012, 18:11
Code didn't work for the PRO. :(

No Valid Promos were found matching the Promo Code that was entered (" ECSP10").

M&P15T
12-06-2012, 18:27
Yeah, the old longish EOTechs are kind of lame these days. EXPS2 is the way to go.

If you're considering different Eotechs, and judging them on being "lame" or not, you should know that the real-deal-Holyfield for SOCOM guys is the 553 in tan, otherwise known in the SOPMOD BlockII program as the SU-231/PEQ .

That's what's up, if you're interested in that sort of thing.

GSSF17
12-06-2012, 18:37
Code didn't work for the PRO. :(

I tried too. :crying:

Heck, I was gonna just buy one for the sick deal that it was, and keep it for stock.

Crap...........

bmoore
12-06-2012, 19:05
Midways still works AR151135. They are out of stock though.

bmoore
12-06-2012, 19:10
If you're considering different Eotechs, and judging them on being "lame" or not, you should know that the real-deal-Holyfield for SOCOM guys is the 553 in tan, otherwise known in the SOPMOD BlockII program as the SU-231/PEQ .

That's what's up, if you're interested in that sort of thing.

My EOTech EXPS2-0 turned off under recoil last week. 3rd range trip right around round #400, took 5-7 seconds to turn back on.

EOTech answered my emails promptly, on my dime of 25 bucks I shipped it back to them. They got it yesterday. I will update this thread on how it works out. As soon as it turned off I can imagine my face matched "Ralphie" in that movie "A Christmas sory" when he took a ricochet to the eye. I looked down at the ground and literally thought "I shoulda listened to Mr. Murphy".

I am not bashing EOTech but facts are facts.

Made in Austria
12-06-2012, 19:30
My EOTech EXPS2-0 turned off under recoil last week. 3rd range trip right around round #400, took 5-7 seconds to turn back on.

EOTech answered my emails promptly, on my dime of 25 bucks I shipped it back to them. They got it yesterday. I will update this thread on how it works out. As soon as it turned off I can imagine my face matched "Ralphie" in that movie "A Christmas sory" when he took a ricochet to the eye. I looked down at the ground and literally thought "I shoulda listened to Mr. Murphy".

Interesting. Are you sure that the battery was not drained? It says in the Eotech XPS manuel that it will shut itself down under recoil if the battery is done.

Warp
12-06-2012, 19:45

Aimpoint is where it's at.

Simple as that.

Don't listen to the apologists.

bmoore
12-06-2012, 19:45
Interesting. Are you sure that the battery was not drained? It says in the Eotech XPS manuel that it will shut itself down under recoil if the battery is done.

Yeah I went through all that. It was a fresh Surefire CR123. If it was the battery it will be up for sale cause it had about an hour on it, if that more like 30 minutes. I didn't even leave it on in between shooting different rifles at the range.

Edit- it was the Panasonic battery that came with the optic, not that it changes much.

Made in Austria
12-06-2012, 20:12

Simple as that.

I don't think it's that simple. That's one shallow fanboy comment you have made there.

bmoore
12-06-2012, 20:14

Simple as that.

I appreciate your input (seriously). I have a feeling I will have an Aimpoint by the first of the year. I really do like EO's and I love the one I have, but for the price point of the PRO I want to give one a go. Ive got some things that I can offload to get the Aimpoint down to about 100 bucks out of pocket:cool:

Warp
12-06-2012, 20:16
I don't think it's that simple. That's one shallow fanboy comment you have made there.

I did my research, and then some. Feedback like the above is so, SO much more frequent for EOtech than Aimpoint, it's not even funny.

I appreciate your input (seriously). I have a feeling I will have an Aimpoint by the first of the year. I really do like EO's and I love the one I have, but for the price point of the PRO I want to give one a go. Ive got some things that I can offload to get the Aimpoint down to about 100 bucks out of pocket:cool:

:cool:

bigmoney890
12-06-2012, 21:09
Damn, I guess the PRO sale expire guys, at least I tried haha

GSSF17
12-06-2012, 21:17

Thread de-railment and one poster accusing another of being a fanboy for liking something that...... works! All in less than 20 posts! Yay, Black Rifle Forum! :upeyes:

Thanks, Bigmoney, for posting the links and trying to help a brotha out. I woulda grabbed one of those Aimpoints if I'da made it in time......:faint:

bigmoney890
12-06-2012, 21:21
Thread de-railment and one poster accusing another of being a fanboy for liking something that...... works! All in less than 20 posts! Yay, Black Rifle Forum! :upeyes:

Thanks, Bigmoney, for posting the links and trying to help a brotha out. I woulda grabbed one of those Aimpoints if I'da made it in time......:faint:

There are few actual fanboys in here and it seems like that term is thrown around more than 'the chart' is. It's sad. I'm almost tempted to stop posting anything here, I know I don't have much actual AR knowledge to contribute, but i'd like to continue to learn. But hey, at least I'm damn good at finding deals :supergrin:

Anyway, I hope some of you could've grabbed a good optic at a good price :wavey:

Warp
12-06-2012, 21:26
BTW: I don't even own an Aimpoint right now, and I have no idea when I might have one again.

GSSF17
12-06-2012, 22:04
but i'd like to continue to learn. But hey, at least I'm damn good at finding deals :supergrin:

Anyway, I hope some of you could've grabbed a good optic at a good price :wavey:

Don't give up. Soak up the good stuff and squash the BS. I certainly strive to...... Thanks for the post regarding these deals, and know that I appreciate it, sir. Thanks again.:wavey:

Cole125
12-06-2012, 22:43
I've got a Aimpoint Pro on my go to rifle and I've been happy with it.

*ASH*
12-06-2012, 23:15
my aimpoint pro came today from midway , i like it :supergrin:
i was little let down it was not a perfect red dot , i was expecting a solid red dot . but for 365 bucks . you can tell its quailty . plus when i co witness with the other sights it looks solid red .

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/KK_Koala/aimpoint.jpg

LAWDOGKMS
12-06-2012, 23:19
Guys,

Can you co-witness your irons with the Aimpoints ,just like the Eotech's?

Warp
12-06-2012, 23:19
my aimpoint pro came today from midway , i like it :supergrin:
i was little let down it was not a perfect red dot , i was expecting a solid red dot . but for 365 bucks . you can tell its quailty . plus when i co witness with the other sights it looks solid red .

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/KK_Koala/aimpoint.jpg[IMG]

It should be.

Have you used an RDS before?

Have you had other people look at it?

Taken a picture of it?

Some people have astigmatism (or other eyesight foibles) that do that. You hear people refer to it as a ball of yarn, a comet with a tail, a pile of spaghetti, etc.

That's one of the reasons I don't have my PRO anymore. While it was absolutely perfect for close range/defensive purposes, I wanted to be able to shoot for some precision (Appleseeds + shooting out to a couple hundred yards) and with my eyes the dot wasn't as precise and consistent as I wanted. Sucks, because everybody else I had look at it said it was a neat, perfect little dot. Pictures of it showed a perfect dot as well. Just not for me. :sad:

Whenever I get a second AR I'll almost surely run an Aimpoint on one of them and keep my 1-4x scope (what I moved to) on the other.

FatBoy
12-07-2012, 05:24
It should be.

Taken a picture of it?

Some people have astigmatism (or other eyesight foibles) that do that. You hear people refer to it as a ball of yarn, a comet with a tail, a pile of spaghetti, etc.

That's one of the reasons I don't have my PRO anymore. While it was absolutely perfect for close range/defensive purposes, I wanted to be able to shoot for some precision (Appleseeds + shooting out to a couple hundred yards) and with my eyes the dot wasn't as precise and consistent as I wanted. Sucks, because everybody else I had look at it said it was a neat, perfect little dot. Pictures of it showed a perfect dot as well. Just not for me. :sad:

Whenever I get a second AR I'll almost surely run an Aimpoint on one of them and keep my 1-4x scope (what I moved to) on the other.

This^^^

I have an Astigmatism in my eyes and that is how all three of my AimPoints look like. They look fine to people w/ "normal" eyes. The EOs look like a big ***** Football to me, and I couldn't deal w/ that.

K. Foster
12-07-2012, 10:38
Guys,

Can you co-witness your irons with the Aimpoints ,just like the Eotech's?

Yes, itís all in the mount. If you want your irons to be in the center of the optic, get an Ďabsoluteí co-witness mount. If you want your irons in the lower 1/3rd of the optic for a less obstructed view, get a '1/3' co-witness mount. I prefer the lower 1/3rd.

M&P15T
12-07-2012, 11:17
This^^^

I have an Astigmatism in my eyes and that is how all three of my AimPoints look like. They look fine to people w/ "normal" eyes. The EOs look like a big ***** Football to me, and I couldn't deal w/ that.

Also, keep in mind that your dot will look a lot different at the range. Plus, you are not supposed to focus your vision on the dot, but rather on your target.

Same thing with an Eotech. When handling my AR inside my home at night, focusing my vision on the reticle, it looks like ****. Out on the range, focusing my vision on my target, it works really, really well.

bigmoney890
12-07-2012, 11:27
Also, keep in mind that your dot will look a lot different at the range. Plus, you are not supposed to focus your vision on the dot, but rather on your target.

Same thing with an Eotech. When handling my AR inside my home at night, focusing my vision on the reticle, it looks like ****. Out on the range, focusing my vision on my target, it works really, really well.

Maybe that's why all red dots are blurry to me. I've always had perfect vision so i was beginning to get concerned, and the guys in this thread about had me call my optometrist:rofl:

M&P15T
12-07-2012, 11:41
Maybe that's why all red dots are blurry to me. I've always had perfect vision so i was beginning to get concerned, and the guys in this thread about had me call my optometrist:rofl:

Nah.....take it shooting outside, focus on the target, and it will make your reticle appear much clearer and finer. Hell, just looking out the window on a normal day, properly adjusting the brightness, and focusing on some would-be target, will demonstrate this.

I freaked out a few years ago, thinking something was wrong with my Eotech.

Nope!! Just me using it wrong.

txleapd
12-07-2012, 18:18
Midways still works AR151135. They are out of stock though.

What's the discount?

Do you know if you can apply the promo code to back ordered items. I went through the process, up to actually making payment, but I couldn't see the option to use the code.

Can you help a brother out?

carloglock19
12-07-2012, 19:03
Thats a good price on the PRO, heck its $40 less than I paid for it!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Warp
12-07-2012, 19:24

There are plenty of people with eyes that just don't see the dots clearly, regardless of use. I am one of them. I have probably 1,500 rounds downrange behind an Aimpoint PRO, and like I think I mentioned it works great for it's intended purposes...quick hits at close(r) range. In a defensive pistol/carbine match, for example, it was awesome.

But with my eyes the dot lacks the precision that a lot of other people get, and no amount of 'using it outdoors while focusing on the target' will alleviate that.

Which is why I have a Trijicon Accupoint TR24G on the rifle now.

I also tried a 3x magnifier behind it, as some people said that, for whatever reason, it looked better magnified. Didn't work.

It's still pretty good, though...just not as good as something crisper could be.

Here is a target at 100 yards with M193, shot using the Aimpoint PRO

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g105/austin3161324/Firearms/b11c5b98.jpg

bmoore
12-07-2012, 19:27
What's the discount?

Do you know if you can apply the promo code to back ordered items. I went through the process, up to actually making payment, but I couldn't see the option to use the code.

Can you help a brother out?

Its 365 shipped. I think it has to be in stock, sorry bro. I actully tried the other day myself and did not get to the promo code entry because it was back ordered.

m814
12-07-2012, 19:31
Thank you for the heads up. I was so on the fence between my EXPS2-0 and the PRO that I may snag the Aimpoint now too. Ive got a rifle that needs an optic anyways.

I have and XPS2-0, 3-0, and a PRO. For this money, can't beat the PRO. I like Eotech's reticle, but admit the PRO is probably going to be the longer lasting RDS.

txleapd
12-07-2012, 19:44
Its 365 shipped. I think it has to be in stock, sorry bro. I actully tried the other day myself and did not get to the promo code entry because it was back ordered.

Ugh... I'll just keep checking. Thanks for the heads up!

bmoore
12-07-2012, 21:03
I have and XPS2-0, 3-0, and a PRO. For this money, can't beat the PRO. I like Eotech's reticle, but admit the PRO is probably going to be the longer lasting RDS.

Cool, thanks for the feedback. I really like the EO reticle/field of view but I am having a hard time not ordering a PRO.

bmoore
12-07-2012, 21:04
Ugh... I'll just keep checking. Thanks for the heads up!

If I find anything I will PM you.

*ASH*
12-07-2012, 21:11
it looks like small japanese writing to me lol .

BUT when i use the iron sights and co witness its clearer and more of a dot .

friend of mine has one and i went to his house , i wanted to see his , and it looked just like mine . so im guessing its my eyes . i do have stigmatism in right eye , but im left eye dominate .

i was dissapointed thou . kind looks to me like a small red fingerprint smudge

*ASH*
12-07-2012, 21:13
It should be.

Taken a picture of it?

i will try to take pic of it and post it , brb

Warp
12-07-2012, 21:18
i will try to take pic of it and post it , brb

Here is an old picture of mine. The image in the picture is NOT what I see with the naked eye, unfortunately

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g105/austin3161324/Firearms/20120729_160259_zpsdc576ae5.jpg

*ASH*
12-07-2012, 21:35
its my eyes , grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr . looking thru lens of my camera is a red dot lol . here are some bad pics , but shows it . ofcourse when i look thru it i dont see like this

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/KK_Koala/DSCN5406.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/KK_Koala/DSCN5399.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/KK_Koala/DSCN5409.jpg

today i looked thru a new Eotech at my dealer , and the ACOG
and they looked worse to me :crying::crying:

so i either deal with it or get better eyes i reckon lol

Warp
12-07-2012, 21:40
Yeah, those pictures are terrible

WoodenPlank
12-07-2012, 21:47
For those with goofy eyesight, I discovered something very interesting recently. The slightly fuzzy look of the Aimpoint dot goes away completely when using a 3x magnifier behind my Aimpoint M2. I turn the brightness down one click (6/9 instead of 7/9), and I get a perfectly round aiming point. Turning it up too bright does cause a small "artifact" to appear just below and right of the dot, but only when I really crank the brightness up.

The slight "bloom" of the dot without the magnifier is not an issue for close range, and the sharper dot with the 3x looks better for longer distances. I'll be out on the range to test it out next week, and I will try to post some results.

Warp
12-07-2012, 21:55
For those with goofy eyesight, I discovered something very interesting recently. The slightly fuzzy look of the Aimpoint dot goes away completely when using a 3x magnifier behind my Aimpoint M2. I turn the brightness down one click (6/9 instead of 7/9), and I get a perfectly round aiming point. Turning it up too bright does cause a small "artifact" to appear just below and right of the dot, but only when I really crank the brightness up.

The slight "bloom" of the dot without the magnifier is not an issue for close range, and the sharper dot with the 3x looks better for longer distances. I'll be out on the range to test it out next week, and I will try to post some results.

I have heard people say that. I tried a magnifier myself, just in case...didn't work for me.

But that's worth pointing out specifically. If an Aimpoint with flip-to-side or QR magnifier behind it sounds good to you, it's worth trying one with a magnifier to see.

*ASH*
12-07-2012, 22:01
im going to the Charlotte gun show tomorrow and i will checking out some other aimpoints, and hopefully let a vendor let me look thur one with magnifier.

i dunno if i can enjoy the sight . i will have to see others tomorrow and i might end up selling it or sending it back for refund . that would suck

besides the mtac what are some other good scopes ?? and do some have lit up reticles ?

WoodenPlank
12-07-2012, 22:02
its my eyes , grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr . looking thru lens of my camera is a red dot lol . here are some bad pics , but shows it . ofcourse when i look thru it i dont see like this

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/KK_Koala/DSCN5406.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/KK_Koala/DSCN5399.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/KK_Koala/DSCN5409.jpg

today i looked thru a new Eotech at my dealer , and the ACOG
and they looked worse to me :crying::crying:

so i either deal with it or get better eyes i reckon lol

Turn the brightness down. There's no reason to crank the brightness way the hell up. Bright enough to be readily visible in indoor lighting, or lighting+weapon light if you have one mounted. Any brighter than that fuzzes the dot and wastes battery.

Warp
12-07-2012, 22:06
I usually kept mine on 7

WoodenPlank
12-07-2012, 22:09
I usually kept mine on 7

That's where my M2 stays parked. 8 gets used if it's really freakin bright outside. The only time it has ever been put on 9 is when it was bright outside and the battery was weak, leaving 9 as bright as 8 is normally.

*ASH*
12-07-2012, 22:11
Turn the brightness down. There's no reason to crank the brightness way the hell up. Bright enough to be readily visible in indoor lighting, or lighting+weapon light if you have one mounted. Any brighter than that fuzzes the dot and wastes battery.

yeah its turned down , i just cranked it for pics , even at low bright its looks like this

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/KK_Koala/japanese-writing.png

WoodenPlank
12-07-2012, 22:24
yeah its turned down , i just cranked it for pics , even at low bright its looks like this

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/KK_Koala/japanese-writing.png

Turn it down an extra notch, it should help a little bit. Try looking through it with just your left eye, too.

An EO Tech might be a little better with the 1 MOA dot. To my eyes, though, the 65MOA ring has the same problem as the Aimpoint dot. I think the 2MOA dot Aimpoint (or an EO Tech without the ring) is the best option for a red dot for folks with eye issues.

Low power scopes are cool and all, but are definitely not optimal for close-range, quick reaction shooting.

Warp
12-07-2012, 22:34
Low power scopes are cool and all, but are definitely not optimal for close-range, quick reaction shooting.

The 1-4x scopes with a "true 1x" down low are pretty darn good for close-range, quick shooting. Not quite 'Aimpoint fast'...but by all accounts, very close.

And without the astigmatism issues, plus the benefits of magnification only a flip of a lever away. :)

WoodenPlank
12-07-2012, 22:36
The 1-4x scopes with a "true 1x" down low are pretty darn good for close-range, quick shooting. Not quite 'Aimpoint fast'...but by all accounts, very close.

And without the astigmatism issues, plus the benefits of magnification only a flip of a lever away. :)

The scopes I have seen with a true 1x (or even 1.1x) are pretty pricey, though.

Warp
12-07-2012, 22:40
The scopes I have seen with a true 1x (or even 1.1x) are pretty pricey, though.

They are. Comparable to an Aimpoint RDS backed by an Aimpoint 3x magnifier, though. Well, it depends. Some of them get REALLY expensive.

My TR24G was $758.

M&P15T
12-08-2012, 07:15
Yeah, the 1-4x optics can get crazy expensive. Take a gander on gunbroker for Elcan Spectre DRs. I saw one for $3200, it was the newest model out.

WoodenPlank
12-08-2012, 07:29
Yeah, the 1-4x optics can get crazy expensive. Take a gander on gunbroker for Elcan Spectre DRs. I saw one for $3200, it was the newest model out.

ELCANs are retarded expensive regardless. It's a great concept and all, but not my cup of tea.