Best $25 weapons light [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Best $25 weapons light

edellson
12-06-2012, 16:30
After reading a lot of reviews on the ncStar tac light i thought hey what is $25 for my g19 to dress up with. Well this may prove to be just as good as the reviews. Tight fit on the rail, extremely bright site pic at 50 feet, seems well built, and looks good to boot.

http://images2.opticsplanet.com/755-405-ffffff/opplanet-nc-star-aqptf-led-flashlight-for-pistols-rifles.jpg

RyanNREMTP
12-06-2012, 16:54
Let us know how it holds up on the range.

Inebriated
12-06-2012, 17:04
My problem with NCStar lights/lasers is the switches. They just don't last.

plouffedaddy
12-06-2012, 21:32
My problem with NCStar lights/lasers is the switches. They just don't last.

This has been my experience as well.

If your budget is ABSOLUTELY limited to $25 I suggest just getting a maglite and train with it.

Inebriated
12-06-2012, 21:48
This has been my experience as well.

If your budget is ABSOLUTELY limited to $25 I suggest just getting a maglite and training with it.
I'm tempted to post a pic of my 19 with a MagLite XL50 mounted in a scope ring lol. It actually worked well before it flew off.

RyanNREMTP
12-07-2012, 16:08
I'm tempted to post a pic of my 19 with a MagLite XL50 mounted in a scope ring lol. It actually worked well before it flew off.

Don't laugh. That was my setup on my AR for a bit.

Sent from my Federation issued communicator.

Inebriated
12-07-2012, 16:50
Don't laugh. That was my setup on my AR for a bit.

Sent from my Federation issued communicator.
Hey, whatever works!

It'll be good for at LEAST the first shot.

edellson
12-07-2012, 16:56
Only time will tell about the ncstar. I will be sure and repost after a while. I train with a surefire but everytime i go to grab it its gone. This one stays put. No big deal one way or the other, but a light of some sorts in my opinion is essential for a defensive set up.

Inebriated
12-08-2012, 02:15
but a light of some sorts in my opinion is essential for a defensive set up.
I agree with you there.

And I'm lookin forward to seeing how the light holds up! NCStar stuff has surprised me in the past.

Gino
12-08-2012, 14:24
Whenever I read a post like this it makes me smile. I am a real cheapskate, and I have spent half my life buying the "next product down", hoping it will work satisfactory. Unfortunately, with very few exceptions, I have been utterly disappointed. I kept thinking, "maybe it is made in the same factory and just has another name stamped on it."

What I have found is this: Sometimes, if you pay 3/4 of the price, you'll get a decent product. But, if you pay less than 3/4 the price, it will not be satisfactory.

I'd say you'll be sorry in a few training sessions. IMHO, weapons mounted lights take a real beating. Let us know when you have a couple of hundred rounds downrange with it. Remember, you're going to have to test the setup to make sure your pistol still fires. It could be that the extra weight might make the gun malfuction, at least with lighter loads.

JabbaNoBother
12-08-2012, 18:27
I had to order the NcStar Tac list, amazon had it for little under $30. Its a wicked tight fit on my 17 and was finally able to put some rounds on it. Approx 100 so far and it still lights up. Unfortunately, there's no strobe function but for the price...so far its a winner. Im still grouping shots with the added weight. I will make an update after more rounds are run through it. Oh yeah, it'll light up a room with no issues...

edellson
06-28-2013, 15:38
Update. 7 months later no problems.

RyanNREMTP
06-28-2013, 22:03
I have a Neebo one that I got at Wally World a while back. It worked pretty decently for what I paid. Right now it's an extra light somewhere. Still would have it on my AR if my case wasn't a soft case.

BIGBILL105 45
06-29-2013, 12:18
I have a Neebo one that I got at Wally World a while back. It worked pretty decently for what I paid. Right now it's an extra light somewhere. Still would have it on my AR if my case wasn't a soft case.
I have one of the neebo one's as well for my glock. First one I purchased shorted out or something after a few on/offs. I took it back and got a new one, haven't had a problem in roughly 6 months out of it. Great buy for 40ish bucks.