Where are the RGuns uppers?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Where are the RGuns uppers??

emt1581
12-06-2012, 22:46
I ordered an RGuns upper from Aim sometime in the past year. I've been keeping an eye on them because I want to order another one. They were getting them in every few days to a week. Now it's been over a month since they had any.

I already emailed Aim and got the typical response "we don't know". Anyone else have any ideas what's up with RGuns?

Thanks

-Emt1581

WoodenPlank
12-06-2012, 22:55
Probably much like the entire AR industry right now - swamped with orders, just not from AIM.

Is it really so hard to post AR-related threads in the forum dedicated to the AR-15?

raven11
12-06-2012, 23:30
Is it really so hard to post AR-related threads in the forum dedicated to the AR-15?

I wouldn't want to deal with the hate when you start a thread "I want to buy a upper" and it doesn't include the word BCM upper

WoodenPlank
12-07-2012, 16:08
I wouldn't want to deal with the hate when you start a thread "I want to buy a upper" and it doesn't include the word BCM upper
Right, because nobody there has ever said anything good about Colt, PSA, LMT, S&W, etc...

Sent from the USS Sulaco.

emt1581
12-07-2012, 19:02
Probably much like the entire AR industry right now - swamped with orders, just not from AIM.

I guess I can understand being swamped with orders but then that'd tell me those orders are being filled and shipped out. But I'm not finding any retailer with them, at least online.

-Emt1581

JaPes
12-07-2012, 19:55
I ordered an RGuns upper from Aim sometime in the past year. I've been keeping an eye on them because I want to order another one. They were getting them in every few days to a week. Now it's been over a month since they had any.

I already emailed Aim and got the typical response "we don't know". Anyone else have any ideas what's up with RGuns?

Thanks

-Emt1581

Why not just order one from RGuns directly?

www.rguns.net

I was there last week. They had uppers out on display.

mjkeat
12-08-2012, 16:51
I guess when you can post about a sub par assembler in this sub forum and not receive experience based feedback that might hurt your feelings...

OP, what made you choose RGuns? I personally have never seen anything good come from that assembler. In fact just 2-3 weeks ago I watched one of the ARs they pieced together rendered inoperable as the gas block loosened. There was no loctite or demples for the set screw GB. That's something the DIY'er knows better than.

emt1581
12-08-2012, 17:46
I guess when you can post about a sub par assembler in this sub forum and not receive experience based feedback that might hurt your feelings...

OP, what made you choose RGuns? I personally have never seen anything good come from that assembler. In fact just 2-3 weeks ago I watched one of the ARs they pieced together rendered inoperable as the gas block loosened. There was no loctite or demples for the set screw GB. That's something the DIY'er knows better than.

I LOVE my RGUNs upper!!

I did a review thread a little while back. Just search my name and RGuns. Excellent quality!!

-Emt1581

mjkeat
12-08-2012, 18:40
Are you talking about the RGuns upper you have that was out of spec? You know the one you were considering taking a Dremel to, to get it to fit on the lower?

How many rounds do you have through it?

emt1581
12-09-2012, 00:53
Are you talking about the RGuns upper you have that was out of spec? You know the one you were considering taking a Dremel to, to get it to fit on the lower?

How many rounds do you have through it?

Out of spec? It was tight. After the first few mags it loosened up and has been one of my favorite AR's.

-Emt1581

mjkeat
12-09-2012, 01:52
When I tried attaching it to my lower the front was a little snug but went right into place. However, the rear is just too tight to fit.

I remember being told this is a somewhat common issue.

I'm just curious about two things...

1) What do I want to take material off of...the lower receiver (channel) or the upper receiver (male end that fits into channel)?

and

2) What tool is best for the job? I've got everything from paper to files to a dremmel....

Thanks!:)

-Emt1581

Tight and too tight to fit are totally different things. Too tight to fit would lead me to believe it is out of spec.

Anyway, glad RGuns has been somewhat GTG for you.

emt1581
12-09-2012, 01:58
Tight and too tight to fit are totally different things. Too tight to fit would lead me to believe it is out of spec.

Anyway, glad RGuns has been somewhat GTG for you.

Yeah, I guess I exaggerated because if it was too tight to fit I wouldn't have been able to get any rounds through it ya know?

And I sure wouldn't be looking for another one.

Like I said, great gun and I love it!

-Emt1581

emt1581
12-17-2012, 12:33
Just wanted to update yall on the situation....

I just got off the phone with RGuns, they said there is a huge shipment of their uppers going to AIM in another week to a week and a half. I got my order in already and given the current state of affairs I'm contemplating grabbing another. At $399 these are a STEAL because they include the BCG and CH.

Good luck!

-Emt1581