PSA has finally lost it... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : PSA has finally lost it...

bigmoney890
12-07-2012, 10:33
http://palmettostatearmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/m/4/m4christmas-upper.jpg

M4 Upper w/o charging handle or BCG for $299.99 plus free shipping that ships within 3 days of you placing your order? They've finally gone crazy in order to think that this is possible for them :rofl:

Link to the deal: http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/complete-uppers/psa-m4-holiday-madness-16-cmv-cl-stripped-upper-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html

Hope someone can take advantage!:wavey:

scrunt
12-07-2012, 10:44
With their current track record that would be more like 30 days.

M&P15T
12-07-2012, 10:58
I see all these great offers, and then try to wrap my head around folks that think that prices are going to sky-rocket, nothing is going to be available, the sky is falling, etc.

Mayhem like Me
12-07-2012, 12:19
DSA has better quality uppers cheaper.....Just saying...

bigmoney890
12-07-2012, 12:30

Better quality how? FN barrels are amazing quality.

DaleGribble
12-07-2012, 12:40

DSA ZM4 upper is currently $300 with no mention of barrel steel or MPI. Is it pot metal, cmv, adamantium or unobtanium?

12-07-2012, 12:46
And the evidence is....................................

glock031
12-07-2012, 13:14
To make that offer one would think they have them aready pre assembled and stocked very heavily ready to ship right away..

mvician
12-07-2012, 14:20
PSA has finally lost it...

Bought the same upper back in June. I ordered it on a Friday, and the NEXT Friday it was delivered via UPS.

So YES, it can be done when they have them built/tested and ready to ship.

WoodenPlank
12-07-2012, 14:51
To make that offer one would think they have them aready pre assembled and stocked very heavily ready to ship right away..

That might explain some of their recent issues.

Sent from the USS Sulaco.

cowboy1964
12-07-2012, 15:14
Yes, I would assume they have already pre-made up a bunch of these uppers. Otherwise there is no way.

02limitedwj
12-07-2012, 15:28
This kind of pisses me off because I ordered the same upper on 11-22 and still hasn't shipped yet so why are they putting the thousands of other ordered on the back burner

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

faawrenchbndr
12-07-2012, 15:49
I'll stick with PROVEN companies, you guys go ahead and chase
a $30 savings, then blow than on Tylenol for your headache.
None for me,.....

cowboy1964
12-07-2012, 16:12
I can wait a few weeks to save a lot more than $30.

faawrenchbndr
12-07-2012, 16:28
Ok,.........you go Cowboy'

Someone here will buy one, get screwed in the wazoo, like PSA
always does, then start a thread crying about it. Guaranteeeeed!

humanguerrilla
12-07-2012, 16:45

Might depend when you bought them. They had teething issues with QC as well, long waits, and not the best CS when they branched out into less expensive Ars. There are still occasional issues if you read their industry forum on arfcom but nothing like PSA. I'd take the PSA if you could get it and it was what you ordered and built right. The CHF Fn barrel models especially. I have a DSA upper with a Thompson Center nitrided barrel that is a great shooter though.

frostamp
12-07-2012, 18:01
heck I'm still looking at my order for 1000 rounds of 9mm
still 'processing'.

day 10 and counting.

these sales drive peeps nuts when we sit and wait and wait for our orders to ship.
course my cc was hit within moments.

ymmv

TheExplorer
12-07-2012, 18:08
This kind of pisses me off because I ordered the same upper on 11-22 and still hasn't shipped yet so why are they putting the thousands of other ordered on the back burner

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

That would be very irritating.

mvician
12-07-2012, 19:20
I've been more than pleased and impressed with my PSA M4 Madness upper that I got in June.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/Spikes%20and%20Palmetto%20State%20Armory/P1170054.jpg

MadMonkey
12-07-2012, 19:35

I've had a grand total of two issues with PSA, and both involved products that sold out and went on back order as I was ordering them. PSA took care of me both times, and once even sent me a free $20 box of ammo with their apology. I've ordered 7 lowers and 4 uppers from them with no problems, and thousands of dollars worth of other parts. The three PSA guns I've completed so far run like champs without a hiccup.

There are hundreds of other shooters with similar stories.

Yeah, PSA screws everyone :rofl:

Bow Commander
12-07-2012, 19:38
I've been more than pleased and impressed with my PSA M4 Madness upper that I got in June.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/mvician/Spikes%20and%20Palmetto%20State%20Armory/P1170054.jpg

Me too :thumbsup:

plouffedaddy
12-07-2012, 20:04
So this may help some of ya'll waiting for Black Friday uppers (myself included)...

I was in PSAs warehouse today getting some supplies :supergrin: and asked why their M4 uppers are shipping much quicker than their middys. I'll paraphrase the answer:

"We got a bunch of mid length gas tubes that just weren't to spec, in terms of strength, from our supplier. They may have been okay but they just seemed flimsy so we decided not to use send them out which has delayed many of our orders..."

To which I responded, "Well I'd rather wait for a part that is up to par than get a crappy upper a week or so sooner..."

Just passing it along...

*ASH*
12-07-2012, 20:39
So this may help some of ya'll waiting for Black Friday uppers (myself included)...

I was in PSAs warehouse today getting some supplies :supergrin: and asked why their M4 uppers are shipping much quicker than their middys. I'll paraphrase the answer:

"We got a bunch of mid length gas tubes that just weren't to spec, in terms of strength, from our supplier. They may have been okay but they just seemed flimsy so we decided not to use send them out which has delayed many of our orders..."

To which I responded, "Well I'd rather wait for a part that is up to par than get a crappy upper a week or so sooner..."

Just passing it along...

Translation in common sense " we suck at customer service .

WoodenPlank
12-07-2012, 20:40

I sure as **** would have loved to have known about that, say, 2 weeks ago.

Customer communication will go a LONG way when people are waiting on things.

KalashniKEV
12-07-2012, 21:25

Translation is:

"We thought we could pass off some cheap crap parts, but they were so terrible looking that we knew we'd get called out on it."

WoodenPlank
12-07-2012, 21:27
Translation is:

"We thought we could pass off some cheap crap parts, but they were so terrible looking that we knew we'd get called out on it."

:rofl:

Bro KV
12-07-2012, 21:37
It took 27 day to receive my ACS-L/PSA lower parts kit.

Armchair Commando
12-07-2012, 21:43
still 'processing'.

day 10 and counting.

these sales drive peeps nuts when we sit and wait and wait for our orders to ship.

ymmv

Ordered 3000 rds of 9mm and had them within 4 days. Psa is hit or miss with shipping.

Big Bird
12-07-2012, 21:54
I ordered a bolt from them last Sunday and it was in my mailbox this afternoon.

My blem receiver took 10 days.

jb1911
12-08-2012, 06:18
The last upper I ordered from PSA came in 10 days. I'm glad there are people that would never order from them; more for me.

TedG
12-08-2012, 06:34

Me too. I've been more than pleased with the quality and my deliveries have been on-time.

GlockinNJ
12-08-2012, 06:47
still 'processing'.

day 10 and counting.

ymmv

Yup, I ordered 1500 rounds of 9mm from PSA on 11/23 (Black Friday) and just got it delivered on 12/6. I called/emailed and they were somewhat responsive.

After several calls in which their authomated system hung up on me instead of putting me on hold, I finally got someone live on the phone and he told me they are way understaffed considering how rapidly the business is growing. Hopefully, it's a temporary thing.

They were nice enough about it and I normally would understand except I checked my CC bill online and saw that PSA charged my card the day I placed the order, rather than charging when the order shipped like I see with other online ammo retailers. He said they are set up that way for people ordering custom firearms, so they are not working for free then having someone cancel.

For ammo, I don't want my card charged until it ships. Although it worked out, I will definitely think twice about ordering ammo from PSA again.

WoodenPlank
12-08-2012, 06:50
Yup, I ordered 1500 rounds of 9mm from PSA on 11/23 (Black Friday) and just got it delivered on 12/6. I called/emailed and they were somewhat responsive.

After several calls in which their authomated system hung up on me instead of putting me on hold, I finally got someone live on the phone and he told me they are way understaffed considering how rapidly the business is growing. Hopefully, it's a temporary thing.

They were nice enough about it and I normally would understand except I checked my CC bill online and saw that PSA charged my card the day I placed the order, rather than charging when the order shipped like I see with other online ammo retailers. He said they are set up that way for people ordering custom firearms, so they are not working for free then having someone cancel.

For ammo, I don't want my card charged until it ships. Although it worked out, I will definitely think twice about ordering ammo from PSA again.

It's been that way for 6 months or more, unfortunately. I miss the days when PSA mainly sold ammo and some parts, and they weren't doing all these build-to-order rifles and uppers. I used to buy 5.56 ammo from them on a semi-regular basis. Now? Not so much.

GSSF17
12-08-2012, 07:29

There are hundreds of other shooters with similar stories.

Yeah, PSA screws everyone :rofl:

No kidding. Really happy, here!:wavey:

TedG
12-08-2012, 08:41
No kidding. Really happy, here!:wavey:

If you read his entire post, he's saying the same thing.

MD357
12-08-2012, 09:18

I've saved a LOT more than $30, and I've had no problems with placing several orders.

mjkeat
12-08-2012, 09:20
I've saved a LOT more than $30, and I've had no problems with placing several orders.

Placing orders seems to be easy. The issue seems to rest with receiving them on time and complete.

WoodenPlank
12-08-2012, 09:30
Placing orders seems to be easy. The issue seems to rest with receiving them on time and complete.

Or getting them to answer a simple bloody question in a timely manner.

All PSA would have to do to make me a happy, loyal customer is fix their QC and customer service issues. Their uppers seem to be great quality for the money, and they have great pricing on most other stuff.

TedG
12-08-2012, 09:36
Talk about beating a dead horse!

Some people have had order problems with PSA. Some people have had no order problems with PSA. Anyone with any knowledge of AR15s knows these facts. I can't understand why some people enjoy spewing on and on. If you don't want to deal with PSA, then don't. It's as simple as that.

Did PSA steal money from you? Did they cause grave harm to your family? I doubt it. They don't answer your phone calls. They are late with deliveries. Sheeesh. What a big deal.

Yet, some folks have to get a kick in wherever they can. Feel good?

There are lots of posts about slow deliveries and less than stellar customer service. I'm smart enough to know that if delivery is the most important facet of my order, then I might spend more money someplace other than PSA. Why do some people know there may be a problem, still order from PSA, and then complain like someone stole their dog.

It's not rocket science. Are you smart enough to have figured that out?

mjkeat
12-08-2012, 09:36
Wooden, would you except a 5% increase in cost to receive faster shipping, more accurate order packing, and better CS?

faawrenchbndr
12-08-2012, 09:37
Damn,......this place is gettin worse than ARFcom. :faint:

WoodenPlank
12-08-2012, 10:01
Wooden, would you except a 5% increase in cost to receive faster shipping, more accurate order packing, and better CS?

Considering my next upper will come from BCM instead of PSA... Yup! In fact, the BCM upper I almost bought instead of the PSA I got was ~20% more expensive. After my experience with BCM after I had one of their bolt carriers fail, though, I will gladly continue to give them my money.

Honestly, I wish I had ordered my middy from BCM for those exact reasons. By the time I realized it wasn't worth saving $80 and dealing with the headache, though, it was too late. I wasn't willing to let PSA keep 10% of my money thanks to a BS cancellation fee on a product they haven't even assembled, much less picked or shipped.

In the end, I am satisfied with the upper I got and the price I paid for it(disclaimer - I have yet to get it to the range, so I could well be on here Thursday cursing PSA for a screwed up upper). I could even handle the wait times if PSA wasn't so horrible on their customer service.

GSSF17
12-08-2012, 13:06
If you read his entire post, he's saying the same thing.

I did read his entire post, and my comprehension is just fine. I am agreeing with him and mocking the 'PSA screws everyone' comment, just as he was. Thanks.

Loyal customer here until they give me a reason not to be.

TedG
12-08-2012, 13:17
I did read his entire post, and my comprehension is just fine. I am agreeing with him and mocking the 'PSA screws everyone' comment, just as he was. Thanks.

Loyal customer here until they give me a reason not to be.

Got it. My misread.

MD357
12-08-2012, 14:52

Let me clarify for you and those in the cheap seats then. I've received all my orders within the quoted time and received everything I ordered.

Honestly, some of you guys are worse than a psycho ex-gf that won't let it go when it comes to PSA.

Durden
12-08-2012, 14:58
How is a $300 stripped upper even a good deal, assuming they ship it quickly, when new and complete Colt LE6920s are going for just a lash over 1k (and can be had for $900 or so every once in a while on sale), and "lesser" (but still perfectly good; I'd dare say underrated) S&W ARs can be had for $560 to $700 on sale, etc.?

WoodenPlank
12-08-2012, 15:18
How is a $300 stripped upper even a good deal, assuming they ship it quickly, when new and complete Colt LE6920s are going for just a lash over 1k (and can be had for $900 or so every once in a while on sale), and "lesser" (but still perfectly good; I'd dare say underrated) S&W ARs can be had for $560 to $700 on sale, etc.?

Because some of us want configurations that aren't readily available from a Colt or a cheap S&W.

faawrenchbndr
12-08-2012, 15:24

Good to hear,.....:supergrin:

Durden
12-08-2012, 15:25
Because some of us want configurations that aren't readily available from a Colt or a cheap S&W.

That's a valid point.

(I don't own one, but by "cheap" S&W do you mean inexpensive? I ask because I think S&W makes one of the most underrated ARs).

mjkeat
12-08-2012, 15:25
Considering my next upper will come from BCM instead of PSA... Yup! In fact, the BCM upper I almost bought instead of the PSA I got was ~20% more expensive. After my experience with BCM after I had one of their bolt carriers fail, though, I will gladly continue to give them my money.

Honestly, I wish I had ordered my middy from BCM for those exact reasons. By the time I realized it wasn't worth saving $80 and dealing with the headache, though, it was too late. I wasn't willing to let PSA keep 10% of my money thanks to a BS cancellation fee on a product they haven't even assembled, much less picked or shipped.

In the end, I am satisfied with the upper I got and the price I paid for it(disclaimer - I have yet to get it to the range, so I could well be on here Thursday cursing PSA for a screwed up upper). I could even handle the wait times if PSA wasn't so horrible on their customer service.

I would as well. I don't think there's a huge issue w/ quality as much as there is w/ thier shipping times and order packing.

I spent a couple hundred more on my BCM SS410 upper even though I had my eye on PSA's SS 1:8 upper. I didn't want to wait the 15 days let alone the extra time beyond that people were reporting.

I wish it was different. There'd be PSA uppers sitting in the safe.

WoodenPlank
12-08-2012, 15:30
That's a valid point.

(I don't own one, but by "cheap" S&W do you mean inexpensive? I ask because I think S&W makes one of the most underrated ARs).

Correct, cheap as in price. I think S&W is putting out some great budget rifles right now, just not in the configuration I want.

glock031
12-08-2012, 18:13
I just wish everyone that is unsatisfied with PSA stop ordering from them. Then just maybe it'll be like the old PSA i remember doing business with a year and a half to two years ago before they became swamped with 800 to over a 1,000 orders per day 7-days a week.

glockdoc21
12-08-2012, 19:06
I just wish everyone that is unsatisfied with PSA stop ordering from them. Then just maybe it'll be like the old PSA i remember doing business with a year and a half to two years ago before they became swamped with 800 to over a 1,000 orders per day 7-days a week.

they'll get none further from me, after they never could tell me when my upper would ship (15 business days turned into 20 turned into 23 turned into...just call us next week) and when I returned a product, still in original wrapper, they still haven't refunded my charge card AFTER 4 WEEKS. I'm done with them....PKFirearms and BCM will be getting all of my money from now on...PK left out a small part (A2 flash hider) on an order with 15 other items, and it was in my hands in 2 days after a call (that was answered promptly by an apologetic person), I was VERY impressed.

Big Bird
12-09-2012, 10:29
they'll get none further from me, after they never could tell me when my upper would ship (15 business days turned into 20 turned into 23 turned into...just call us next week) and when I returned a product, still in original wrapper, they still haven't refunded my charge card AFTER 4 WEEKS. I'm done with them....PKFirearms and BCM will be getting all of my money from now on...PK left out a small part (A2 flash hider) on an order with 15 other items, and it was in my hands in 2 days after a call (that was answered promptly by an apologetic person), I was VERY impressed.

Good. More for me...

Spiffums
12-09-2012, 16:10
It's like a car without tires and seats............. It's a upper and a barrel.....it's parts.

G36's Rule
12-09-2012, 16:16
Out of stock...

shadow_dog
12-09-2012, 17:21
Here's my 2 cents worth. I have a complete upper from PSA with the heavy barrel and complete with BCG and charging handle from PSA. It has been 100% reliable. I like it. I also have a DSA upper that I bought new at Knob Creek from DSA in Oct of this year, no BCG or charging handle, got it for $225. Wish I had bought another. Both have been good with no complaints from either. PSA has always been prompt in the shipping of orders for me.

humanguerrilla
12-12-2012, 11:44
I actually picked up one of the black friday psa middy uppers and received it today. I got what I ordered.

Schrag4
12-12-2012, 19:08
I ordered an upper, bolt/carrier, and charging handle on 11/7 and it still hasn't shipped, but I suspected that might happen based on the experiences of others here. I'd be happy to buy a BCM for 5% or even $80 more, as a couple of posts in this thread claim can be had. Maybe it's because BCM's website is really hard to use, but I can't seem to find BCM's uppers that are less than a full $150 more than PSA's uppers. Link?

WoodenPlank
12-12-2012, 19:39
I ordered an upper, bolt/carrier, and charging handle on 11/7 and it still hasn't shipped, but I suspected that might happen based on the experiences of others here. I'd be happy to buy a BCM for 5% or even $80 more, as a couple of posts in this thread claim can be had. Maybe it's because BCM's website is really hard to use, but I can't seem to find BCM's uppers that are less than a full $150 more than PSA's uppers. Link?

The upper I ordered from PSA (http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/psa-16-mid-length-cl-mp-premium-upper-11655.html), and the comparable upper from BCM (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-Mid-Length-Upper-Receiver-Group-p/bcm-urg-mid-16.htm).

$359.99 or $439.99 - exactly $80 between them in price.

Ruggles
12-12-2012, 19:42
Good. More for me...

Yeah me too, except I promised myself I was done buying ARs :rofl:

Need more 1911 money and all!

bigmoney890
12-12-2012, 19:45
The upper I ordered from PSA (http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/psa-16-mid-length-cl-mp-premium-upper-11655.html), and the comparable upper from BCM (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-Mid-Length-Upper-Receiver-Group-p/bcm-urg-mid-16.htm).

But how's the PSA treating you, Plank?

WoodenPlank
12-12-2012, 19:49
But how's the PSA treating you, Plank?

I'll have it on the range in the morning. Had too much going on with work and family/girlfriend obligations to get out to shoot since I got it.

Considering it's an FN barrel, I'm expecting good things. Even if it's reliable and accurate, it still won't make up for the poor build practices, customer service and quality control from PSA.

Big Bird
12-13-2012, 05:19
I'll have it on the range in the morning. Had too much going on with work and family/girlfriend obligations to get out to shoot since I got it.

Considering it's an FN barrel, I'm expecting good things. Even if it's reliable and accurate, it still won't make up for the poor build practices, customer service and quality control from PSA.

I'll give you $200 for it right now. Take it off your hands and free you of having to endure such horrors. :supergrin:

Schrag4
12-13-2012, 05:20

...except the BCM doesn't come with a handguard so tack on another 20 bucks for a cheapo handguard. I suppose if you're planning on replacing the handguard on the PSA upper then nevermind. I plan on leaving the standard handguard on the upper I ordered (I want one to have the simple, classic M4 look).

I guess I'm also comparing PSA's sale prices to BCM's non-sale prices. Does BCM have similar sales? It seems PSA knocks about 50 bucks off their uppers when they're on sale, which makes them ridiculously inexpensive. Maybe I should get on BCM's mailing list...

TucsonGlocker
12-13-2012, 08:20
I guess I'm also comparing PSA's sale prices to BCM's non-sale prices. Does BCM have similar sales? It seems PSA knocks about 50 bucks off their uppers when they're on sale, which makes them ridiculously inexpensive. Maybe I should get on BCM's mailing list...

I need to get on their mailing list too because we must be missing some great deals :dunno:

I purchased this upper from PSA (http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/complete-uppers/psa-16-hammer-forged-cmv-mid-length-lighter-profile-madness-upper-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html) for $314.99 shipped. The comparable upper from BCM (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BCM%2DURG%2DMID%2D16+BFH&CartID=1) is $532.95 shipped. That's a difference of $217.96 or 40.9%. I was willing to wait for my product for that amount of savings!

I can say that I am completely happy with the quality of my upper and I think it was well worth the wait.

WoodenPlank
12-13-2012, 16:53
...except the BCM doesn't come with a handguard so tack on another 20 bucks for a cheapo handguard. I suppose if you're planning on replacing the handguard on the PSA upper then nevermind. I plan on leaving the standard handguard on the upper I ordered (I want one to have the simple, classic M4 look).

I replaced the handguards on my PSA upper with Magpul MOEs, so the fact that the PSA came with handguards was meaningless to me.

Big Bird
12-13-2012, 18:06
I replaced the handguards on my PSA upper with Magpul MOEs, so the fact that the PSA came with handguards was meaningless to me.

Oh...so now I suppose you are going to want $230 for that upper...

OK...I'll take your PSA POS off your hands with the Magpul Handguards for $230 but you have to pay shipping.

Again, I really don't want you to suffer by owning a PSA upper. So just send me a PM and I'll ease your pain. :rofl:

WoodenPlank
12-13-2012, 18:24
Oh...so now I suppose you are going to want $230 for that upper...

OK...I'll take your PSA POS off your hands with the Magpul Handguards for $230 but you have to pay shipping.

Again, I really don't want you to suffer by owning a PSA upper. So just send me a PM and I'll ease your pain. :rofl:

Any chance you can post something productive instead of trolling?

Big Bird
12-13-2012, 18:28
Any chance you can post something productive instead of trolling?

Just trying to help a brother out...:wavey:

mvician
12-13-2012, 18:43
This forum used to be a place where information could be shared in a friendly manner. Now it is just a bunch of nit-picking, bickering, BS.

:dunno:

Ruggles
12-13-2012, 20:04
This forum used to be a place where information could be shared in a friendly manner. Now it is just a bunch of nit-picking, bickering, BS.

It can turn that way. Still good info on here but I agree a lot of bickering. It can be entertaining though :supergrin:

WoodenPlank
12-13-2012, 20:06
It can turn that way. Still good info on here but I agree a lot of bickering. It can be entertaining though :supergrin:

Trust me, the bickering gets old.

Ruggles
12-13-2012, 20:15
Trust me, the bickering gets old.

No doubt, been thru a few of those threads myself :rofl:

bigmoney890
12-13-2012, 22:31
It seems to happen a lot in my threads. Especially when I'm at work and 10 hours later, BAM! my threads all die :rofl:

Maybe i'm the common link here?

MD357
12-13-2012, 22:53

I got that same middy prem upper for $299 on one of their sales, along with the lighter profile upper. Difference for me was $140....

WoodenPlank
12-14-2012, 05:26
It seems to happen a lot in my threads. Especially when I'm at work and 10 hours later, BAM! my threads all die :rofl:

You're not the problem.

MD357
12-14-2012, 07:07
, it still won't make up for the poor build practices, customer service and quality control from PSA.

So how can you keep parroting the same comments when you've stated differently..... concerning quality. You said when your upper came in....

Fit and finish are quite excellent, and it mates to my PSA blemished lower almost perfectly

Fordtough25
12-14-2012, 07:29
I got a 20" chrome lined PSA upper earlier this year and it rocks! I was worried about the ship times as well with all the buzz but I got it in a week. Surprised me! I did order ammo another time before that though and it was sluggish to arrive.

glock031
12-14-2012, 09:58
So how can you keep parroting the same comments when you've stated differently..... concerning quality. You said when your upper came in....

This.

There are a little over a hundred thousand PSA upper/rifles out there in the hands of customers. People can come to the conclusions as to the quality of thier own.

A few already had thier minds made up and its crystal clear in public writing.

shadow_dog
12-14-2012, 17:59

I doubt it. I usually have the "kill a thread" syndrome. I have noticed that once I post a thread usually stops quickly. Know of any you want stopped?

WoodenPlank
12-14-2012, 18:16

Because I made that post before I realized the front sight base was canted to the left, and the barrel nut and upper threads were coated in what looked like motor oil during assembly, and not anti-seize.

I'd say the canted FSB (and QC missing it) and improper build practices trump how nice the upper looked or fit to my lower.

Foxtrotx1
12-15-2012, 02:33

um....what? Would you like to cite the specs on the DSA upper in question? We can make a comparison and then review your comment.

bigmoney890
12-15-2012, 08:57
This.

There are a little over a hundred thousand PSA upper/rifles out there in the hands of customers. People can come to the conclusions as to the quality of thier own.

A few already had thier minds made up and its crystal clear in public writing.

By your own account 1% of people have problems with PSA. 1% is an unacceptable number for unsatisfied customers. And that's probably a vast understatement, i'd be willing to bet it's a much higher percentage than that.

glock031
12-15-2012, 15:09
By your own account 1% of people have problems with PSA. 1% is an unacceptable number for unsatisfied customers. And that's probably a vast understatement, i'd be willing to bet it's a much higher percentage than that.

Just quoting what the PSA rep posted a few months ago. Less than 1% of thier orders (at that time) have issues. Those include all sorts of things like any type of mistakes, missing parts, etc not all are function related. Actually very very few function related issues been reported.

When a legit issues arises on thier forum several guys pile on that were butthurt in the past over stupid things like not being able to change upper order or placed order and three days later exact item went on sale. These guys stalk the forum and pile on relentlesly. Some were proved out right wrong also.

Here's an example of what PSA has to put up with.

"My PSA actually has a midlength barrel, but the frigging front sight is canted slightly. They said they'd fix it, but I had to pay return shipping and it would be a hefty waiting period. Its not a horrible cant, like four clicks on the rear sight. But seriously, WTF? The midlength is a desirable feature for some reason? See, I'm learing a lot already http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_big.gif "

My reply
Only 4 clicks to zero on rear sight is NOT a canted FSB.

No wonder no one at psa wants to answer the phones. Another poster said he should get a new barrel because of that. WTF!