Americans Are the Most Spied-On People in World History [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Americans Are the Most Spied-On People in World History

Ruble Noon
12-08-2012, 05:47
http://lewrockwell.com/spl4/americans-most-spied-upon.html

Atlas
12-08-2012, 06:39
<GT> "If you aren't engaged in criminal activities then you have nothing to be concerned about."</GT>

cowboywannabe
12-08-2012, 06:55
Hard to believe, what with england and their electric eye everywhere on the streets....

Snowman92D
12-08-2012, 15:31
I know. Hard to believe. Especially for those with experience with communist regimes. But...paranoia is common among dopers. :smoking:

hogfish
12-08-2012, 16:28
I don't know who or what lewrockwell.com is, but be careful not to become like most people, who get so bent in one direction that they can only listen to what the side they're bent towards says. People who listen and believe everything Rush, Mathews, Levin, or Maddow say.

I'm only saying this because I've seen this site pop up a couple times in the last few days.

What they're saying might be true, or not. :dunno:

:wavey:

Atlas
12-08-2012, 16:42
I don't know who or what lewrockwell.com is, ...

Take 5 minutes and have a look..

hogfish
12-08-2012, 17:01
Take 5 minutes and have a look..

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked the home page out, and it looks like there might be some interesting articles.

:wavey:

GAFinch
12-08-2012, 17:03
I don't know who or what lewrockwell.com is, ...

Mostly a propaganda site for Paulatarianism.

9jeeps
12-08-2012, 17:22
Seems to me those who are raised with God watching their every word and move are less inclined to be paranoid about cameras than non-God people.

hogfish
12-08-2012, 17:57
Mostly a propaganda site for Paulatarianism.

Maybe it is. :dunno: There aren't many (enough) of those to balance all the Republican/Democrat propaganda sources. :tongueout:

janice6
12-08-2012, 18:03
We may have the most people, but I would have guessed England was the most spied upon.

Ruble Noon
12-08-2012, 19:04
Seems to me those who are raised with God watching their every word and move are less inclined to be paranoid about cameras than non-God people.

God isn't going to swoop in on you with 150 JBT's, black helicopters and APC's.

hogfish
12-08-2012, 19:48

If this was the Religious Forums, I'd ask why God would watch his every word and move, but not yours. :dunno:

barbedwiresmile
12-08-2012, 20:06

Like what recently happened in Maryland.

Lots of shaved heads, Oakley's, and XL tactical pants.

snerd
12-08-2012, 20:52
...... Lots of shaved heads, Oakley's, and XL tactical pants.
:laughabove:

I gotta tell ya, I see it more and more. Is it like in the code of conduct or something? Shaved head.... check. Oakley's.... check. Tacticool pants........ check. Intimidation factor perhaps? Just following the crowd?

The Machinist
12-08-2012, 21:22

I'm outta the loop on that one. Do you have a link to that story?

cowboywannabe
12-08-2012, 21:41

those arent the guys spieing on you, youll never see those guys.

CanMan
12-08-2012, 21:50
My dogs both had to be 'chipped' when I got 'em. Darn, now I know where the information feed is. No wonder they look at me suspiciously!

barbedwiresmile
12-09-2012, 07:00
Ruble forwarded me the link but I didn't save it. Perhaps he will be kind enough to post it.

barbedwiresmile
12-09-2012, 07:06
those arent the guys spieing on you, youll never see those guys.

I was referring to when the raid occurs. The guys spying think they're doing a great service to their country, like the 'conservative's' here on GT. Amazing how twisted things can get after only 230 or so years.

The Stasi comparison in the article is apt. Since we don't have quite the same informant culture as the DDR, I guess we need a more robust domestic spying apparatus. The two states, however, behave in remarkably similar ways. Ours is just more efficient at extracting the wealth of it's subjects, and of course ours has had more staying power (having lasted since 1913). The definition of a state, however, holds true in both examples.

Ruble Noon
12-09-2012, 07:18

http://www.survivalandbeyond.net/fbi-and-state-police-conduct-massive-raid-on-maryland-prepper/

The Machinist
12-09-2012, 07:39
Sadly, AFTER the police begun to investigate the man, they found out that he had a 1992 felony drug conviction on his record which enabled them to be able to then attack his house with 150 armed officers.
The police are out of control in this country. One thing Barbedwiresmile alludes to frequently, is that these guys absolutely relish their jobs. Many years ago, when I was still a government cheerleader, I had the opportunity to speak to a Washington County SWAT officer. I think they're called the CERT team nowadays, but whatever. He detailed his time working in corrections, and being giddy at the chance to use his electrified shield on the inmates, before he became a SWAT team member. These guys really do enjoy doing battle, and think nothing and care nothing for the lives they affect, no matter what negative consequences may come.

Sam Spade
12-09-2012, 15:51
Amazing that, somehow, we still have fugitives.