Do 'the people' get the governments they deserve? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Do 'the people' get the governments they deserve?

Drjones
12-08-2012, 11:39
Fantastic article:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/12/do_the_people_get_the_governments_they_deserve.html

The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their president.

Atlas
12-08-2012, 12:22
Of course they do..
Sad commentary on the state of society in the U.S., yeah?

hogfish
12-08-2012, 12:28
As a whole, yes. But, there are more fools than are implied in that quote. I'd say at least 94% of the voting 'block'. :)

walt cowan
12-09-2012, 13:23
until we change who and how we vote...yes.
who should be allowed vote;(1) only property owners or those with a net worth of a $ 100,000 or more. (2) natural born citizen of 18 years of age or those who gained citizenship and held it for 18 years. (3) one vote per household only. (4) no convicted felons.
how should we vote; paper ballet only.

akroguy
12-09-2012, 14:26
who should be allowed vote;(1) only property owners or those with a net worth of a $ 100,000 or more. (2) natural born citizen of 18 years of age or those who gained citizenship and held it for 18 years. (3) one vote per household only. (4) no convicted felons.

Yeah, THAT. ^^^^^^^^^

If you don't have skin in the game, you DO NOT have a right to determine what you do with MY money.

sheriff733
12-09-2012, 14:37
I would just say that if you receive any form of government assistance (read: welfare programs), you should not be allowed to vote.

jeanderson
12-09-2012, 14:58
The founding fathers of this country gave us the greatest form of government ever known to man - before or since that time. Not sure the people of the time deserved it or not. It was a gift.

Unfortunately, we have become very poor stewards of the great republic they created. And I do believe we deserve what we're about to get.

janice6
12-09-2012, 15:00
I think we get better than we desrerve. We apparently deserve so little.

JBnTX
12-09-2012, 15:03

Will you allow women and minorities to vote?
What about religious people?

It used to be that only rich, white, male landowners could vote.
Should we go back to that?

Cavalry Doc
12-09-2012, 15:10
This time the liberals will get the government they deserve. It will be imposed on the Conservatives and Libertarians.

I certainly don't "deserve" BHO, but that's what we all have. But blaming others for the situation is a waste of time. Your time is better spent working on solutions for how to survive and maybe even thrive in what is obviously coming. It's gonna be a wild ride.

JBnTX
12-09-2012, 15:24
We may deserve the government we have, but we do not deserve Barack Obama. This country deserves better.

Every American should have a say in how this country is governed, and every American should be allowed to vote regardless of their political beliefs or station in life.

The problem is that almost 50% of eligible voters don't vote.
Guess who they are? Guess which side they're on?

Until they get off their asses and take this country back nothing will change.

It's a damn shame that the freeloaders beat a path to the election polls, but hard working conservative Americans set at home and piss and moan about how bad things are in this country.

You win elections and change governments by making sure that your man gets the most votes.

You lose elections by criticizing and constantly finding fault with your own candidate and saying he's no different than the other guy.

You lose elections by rallying behind a candidate that has absolutely NO chance in hell of getting elected.

You lose elections by refusing to vote until your perfect candidate comes along.

We have to stop losing elections and start winning them.

Until we go vote en masse and start winning elections, we'll never change anything in this country.

holesinpaper
12-09-2012, 15:26
They get the gov they are willing to fight for.

holesinpaper
12-09-2012, 15:29
Fantastic article:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/12/do_the_people_get_the_governments_they_deserve.html

That article is mostly bull crap.

Substitute the word "Bush" in for every use of the word "Obama" and it would be 100% as accurate.

The fundamental problems causing the fall of the United States are not tied to one president, or one political party. And they didn't start in this decade, or even this century.

onebigelf
12-09-2012, 16:23
Only those who voted for the winners. The rest of us deserved something else, whether better or worse.

John

Atlas
12-09-2012, 17:14
Our government is the constitution.

The president, members of congress, judges on the supreme court are not the government, they are the current administrators of that government.

If the constitution is indeed our government, is that in fact what we get?

No, because we have for many years allowed and encouraged administrations that ignore the lawful government, the constitution.

We voted them in, then we looked the other way while they spit on the constitution they swore to uphold and defend. That applies to DNC and GOP, in pretty-much equal measure over time.

So, do we deserve it? Damn right we do.

Those who gave their blood at Concord and Lexington are surely not impressed.

Ruble Noon
12-09-2012, 17:32
Some of us have the government that we deserve and some of us got hosed.

GAFinch
12-09-2012, 18:17
My sister, who's working on her master's degree right now, teased me for not knowing what 'Jersey Shore' was last year. A couple days ago she took some online geography quiz for fun and could only identify Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. That's it. We absolutely deserve the government we have now and whatever government that's soon coming. Helpless elderly people deserve it too...there should've been a tax strike/open revolt when Roe v Wade passed forty years ago. Almost every single religion and denomination at the time taught that abortion was evil. There was no ignorance of the subject.

juggy4711
12-10-2012, 01:56
The founding fathers of this country gave us the greatest form of government ever known to man - before or since that time. Not sure the people of the time deserved it or not. It was a gift.

Unfortunately, we have become very poor stewards of the great republic they created. And I do believe we deserve what we're about to get.

Some of the Founders also knew this is exactly what would happen.

walt cowan
12-10-2012, 06:44

read my post again. says it all. one point i made was, one vote per household. if your wife makes you stay home on election day...sucks to be you.:wavey:

series1811
12-10-2012, 07:31
That article is mostly bull crap.

Substitute the word "Bush" in for every use of the word "Obama" and it would be 100% as accurate.

The fundamental problems causing the fall of the United States are not tied to one president, or one political party. And they didn't start in this decade, or even this century.

Bush and Obama ran on completely different platforms. I don't think we got from Bush what we thought he said he would do. Nobody can say Obama isn't doing exactly what he said he would do. That's a big difference.

A majority of our voters actually want Obama to do what he said he would do.

podwich
12-10-2012, 19:13
Get the government out of the Robin Hood business. Have it actually fulfill it's Constitutionally-mandated activities. Then let every citizen vote as Constitutionally-approved. Once you get the government out of the business of robbing one person to pay off another, you remove a lot of all those complaints.

Atlas
12-10-2012, 19:51
G...Once you get the government out of the business of robbing one person to ...

Government, once it acquires power will NEVER willingly relinquish that power.

Gills63
12-10-2012, 20:35
It is our responsibilty to get the government we deserve. If I has an individual don't like the goverment we have or the people running it, then I need to make sure I vote for what I want. If I don't get what I want then I guess I'm not of the same mindset as the majority.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

walt cowan
12-11-2012, 06:48
It is our responsibilty to get the government we deserve. If I has an individual don't like the goverment we have or the people running it, then I need to make sure I vote for what I want. If I don't get what I want then I guess I'm not of the same mindset as the majority.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

google "votergate". our vote doesn't count for squat.

Drjones
12-11-2012, 19:27
We may deserve the government we have, but we do not deserve Barack Obama. This country deserves better.

Every American should have a say in how this country is governed, and every American should be allowed to vote regardless of their political beliefs or station in life.

Unless I'm drastically mis-interpreting all your posts, I am surprised that you of all people are making a statement like this.

Voting should not be a right, it should be earned through military service, the purchase (not simply inheritance) of property, somehow quantifiably earned.

Same with American citizenship.

It should be earned, it should not be a right nor given away freely.

certifiedfunds
12-11-2012, 21:29

The problem is that almost 50% of eligible voters don't vote.
Guess who they are? Guess which side they're on?

Until they get off their asses and take this country back nothing will change.

It's a damn shame that the freeloaders beat a path to the election polls, but hard working conservative Americans set at home and piss and moan about how bad things are in this country.

You win elections and change governments by making sure that your man gets the most votes.

You lose elections by criticizing and constantly finding fault with your own candidate and saying he's no different than the other guy.

You lose elections by rallying behind a candidate that has absolutely NO chance in hell of getting elected.

You lose elections by refusing to vote until your perfect candidate comes along.

We have to stop losing elections and start winning them.

Until we go vote en masse and start winning elections, we'll never change anything in this country.

You lose elections by constantly reminding people that they get big government either way.

greentriple
12-11-2012, 21:43
LOL. You all want crackers with the wine or is the cheese enough.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

certifiedfunds
12-11-2012, 21:59
I can remember all the way back to preschool and I'm pretty sure I've never done anything to deserve the crap being forced down on my from DC.

evlbruce
12-11-2012, 22:26
A democracy is only as restrained, reasonable, and prudent as the electorate. There is nothing inherently good about such a system aside from it's ability to assign blame to the largest number of people possible, then finding a convenient scapegoat.

At the very least we should hold individual voters responsible for the actions of those they elect as well as the effects of laws they pass.

cowboywannabe
12-11-2012, 22:40

this. we collective get what we deserve.

speaking just about the constitutional RKBA, there are about 3 million members in the NRA and about 80 million legal gun owners in America. look at how mant voters turned out vs. registered one whom didnt.

voting is free and we still get just over 60% voter turn out nationally.

cowboywannabe
12-11-2012, 22:44
They get the gov they are willing to fight for.

another good piece of insight.

The Maggy
12-11-2012, 23:17
Yeah, THAT. ^^^^^^^^^

If you don't have skin in the game, you DO NOT have a right to determine what you do with MY money.

I'm all for it only being people that put their skin in the game.

No Combat service, no vote.

TangoFoxtrot
12-12-2012, 04:40
Do 'the people' get the governments they deserve?
No thats why there are revolutions to overthrow these governments.

Bren
12-12-2012, 04:57
The majority of people always elect the government they deserve and deserve the government they elect - this includes those who help elect that government by not voting or not getting involved to get information and participate in defeating it.

Every Republican who stayed home on election day derves Obama as much as any Obama voter.

Bren
12-12-2012, 04:59

That would certainly be unfair...but you'd have to be a fool not to recognize the effect of that vs. flushing out the housing projects, jails and crack houses to get every poor, minority, welfare recipient to vote for the candidate promising the most free stuff.

How do you think we got where we are and got Barack Obama?