Ameriglo I Dot Pro vs Trijicon HD [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ameriglo I Dot Pro vs Trijicon HD

backcast88
12-09-2012, 14:03
I am looking to change the sights on my 26 and my 17 gen 4 I am picking up in a couple weeks when I get back from school. I was considering the Ameriglo CAP's but have changed my mind and narrowed it down to I Dot Pro's and Trijicon HD's.

Any input on these 2 sights?

Is the pain protected on the Ameriglo's like the HD's or would I need to be careful when cleaning my 26 to prevent solvents from damaging the sights?

Thanks.

backcast88
12-09-2012, 21:04
Anybody?

k9storm2003
12-09-2012, 22:36
I put Ameriglo Pro-I-Dots on my Glock 32 and "LOVE" them. Ameriglo acutally sends their sights to Trijicon so they can place their tritium inserts into them. They actually come with the Trijicon logo stamped onto the sights you get from Ameriglo. I have had no issue with solvents doing anything at all to my sights and they are very well made. I also found that Ameriglo's were a lot cheaper to buy then the Trijicon's.

Tiro Fijo
12-10-2012, 00:13
I have a few sets of the I Dot, the Operator version being their best. Remember also that Ameriglo gives you the option of yellow rears & Trijicon does not. :wavey:

That said, the I Dots are NOT range sights. They are self defense/combat sights. The U shaped rear is very fast for a flash sight picture. That said, the Heinie Straight Eight sights are probably the best for precise accuracy AND tritium. I have however personally shot a five shot group at a hair over 5" at 50 yds. offhand with the I Dot Pros.

backcast88
12-10-2012, 00:42
The 26 is obviously my CC gun and the 17 will be a HD gun that will be used at the range occasionally but it will not be a competition gun.

I am leaning towards the I Dot Pro's. I knew they had Trijicon tritium lamps and the cost saving will be a nice bonus.

Anybody else?

lethal tupperwa
12-10-2012, 06:58
if you go with Ameriglo

ask if the GSSF discount in still available.

AlDmz54
12-10-2012, 15:28
Anyone outdoor use the XS sights on their ccw Glock? The G26 will be my CCW and I am looking for advice on a ccw sight for my G26. I read the previous postings and they mention the Ameriglo sights for a CCW weapon.

backcast88
12-10-2012, 21:55
The only thing that I am a little hesitant about on the I Dot Pro's is getting the vertical alignment correct in low light shooting when stacking the dots. I have done a little more research and found people like them but tend to get more vertical stringing with I Dot's then 3 dot sights like the Trijicon HD's.

Anybody have any experience with that?

Tiro Fijo
12-12-2012, 10:16
The only thing that I am a little hesitant about on the I Dot Pro's is getting the vertical alignment correct in low light shooting when stacking the dots. I have done a little more research and found people like them but tend to get more vertical stringing with I Dot's then 3 dot sights like the Trijicon HD's.

At CCW distances it's a moot point.

eaglefrq
12-12-2012, 11:17
Anyone outdoor use the XS sights on their ccw Glock? The G26 will be my CCW and I am looking for advice on a ccw sight for my G26. I read the previous postings and they mention the Ameriglo sights for a CCW weapon.

I had the XS sights on mine and switched them for the Pro i-dot's. I like the i-dot's better, plus on some holsters there can be issues with the sight channel.

I have the Pro i-dot's and I've noticed the vertical stringing sometimes. It depends on the distance and how fast I'm shooting. If I'm shooting rapid fire I notice it a little more than if I'm taking my time between shots.

I don't have any problems with the sight alignment in normal or low light shooting. It's very easy to get the vertical alignment.

madAB
12-12-2012, 13:38
Though not one of your two choices, you may want to take a peak at the Ameriglo Hack sights. I have them on 6 of my glocks and love them. As if there weren't enough choices out there, I just thought I would throw another at you.

backcast88
12-13-2012, 05:44
I have kind of rules out the HD's. I am warming up to the 2 dot configuration. Right now I like the I Dot Pro's but have also been considering the Warren Tactical 2 dot set.

Anybody have any experience with Warren Tactical sights?

SDGlock23
12-13-2012, 08:55
Another vote for the I-dots. I have them all of my Glocks, they're by far my favorite sight setup. BTW, cheaperthandirt sells the regular I-dots for $60 and the pro version for around $70.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-AMGGL-301

Just completed my I-dot setup with putting a pair on my G23:
http://imageshack.us/a/img35/6917/g23gen4121212.jpg

backcast88
12-15-2012, 19:31
HD's are out. I just don't see the added cost and like the 2 dot vertical sight picture.

Looking at the I Dot/ I Dot Pro's and Warren Tactical 2 dot sights.

Anybody have any input on the Warren's?