Funniest things that have happened to you at a match. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Funniest things that have happened to you at a match.

TechPyle
12-09-2012, 17:24
I have two.

First
It is a very windy day. We have set up a stage that has several of those corrugated plastic walls and at one point you have to pass through a hallway made of them. I am the guinea pig. At the beep I start and make it to the hallway halfway down the wind really picks up. THE WALLS FALL ON ME IN THE MIDDLE OF THE COURSE. :wow: Hmm stage problem so I get a re-shoot. We add weight to the stands for the walls and even a tie down or two. I get to be the guinnea pig again. I start and get to the hallway again and the wind really starts blowing but the wall stays up I get to the end of the hallway and the wind gets a good hold on the wall and blows down away from me so much for slicing the pie I am now fully exposed to the bad guys. That was the last straw for that course it was not even used for the match.

If you want the second you have to share some of your fun at matches. :tongueout:

Batesmotel
12-09-2012, 17:36
Steel match. 3 targets. Had to knock all three down. Head to head competition, single elimination. His targets were a mirror of mine.

Target #1 directly in front at 5 meters
Target #2 2 meters to the left of #1 at 10 meters
Target #3 5 meters to the right of #1 at 15 meters

First to drop all three wins. Out of over a hundred guys we were the final two.

We both draw and drop #1 One of our ricochets drops his #2 and he drops his #3 as I am dropping my #2.

Lost on a ricochet. Fun day but sucky to loose.

TechPyle
12-09-2012, 17:38
Lost on a ricochet. Fun day but sucky to loose.

Ouch That Hurts.

Batesmotel
12-09-2012, 17:42
BTW in the Marines we did a mockup house made from furring strips and 4 x8 cardboard sheets. Went to chow and the wind picked up. The whole thing blew away like a big box kite. We went to pick up the parts and someone started yelling Toto! Toto! Wheres Toto?

Laughed to tears.

TechPyle
12-09-2012, 17:45
BTW in the Marines we did a mockup house made from furring strips and 4 x8 cardboard sheets. Went to chow and the wind picked up. The whole thing blew away like a big box kite. We went to pick up the parts and someone started yelling Toto! Toto! Wheres Toto?

Laughed to tears.

:rofl::rofl:
Now That IS FUNNY!

TK-421
12-09-2012, 17:54

Laughed to tears.
:rofl: :rofl:

That's hilarious, I love that kind of humor.

marvin
12-10-2012, 00:04
at the 1996 limited nationals we had a stage where you start behind and desk then run 10 yards to the left then open a door then engage targets. during the walk thru everyone lined up to look thru the door so i didn't get a chance to open it. but thats ok because back home all doors have latch's so all you have to do is put your shoulder into it and it pops right open. well i'm the first shooter and i take off like a bat out of heck and throw my 300 pounds in to the door, nothing happens just 30 foot worth of wall rocks like it's going to fall. i stand there for a secound then throw myself back into the door, agian the wall acts like its going to fall. i'm pretty stupid though so i throw my shoulder into a third time nothing agian. finally the ro say's "try turning the knob"

TKM
12-10-2012, 01:55
Dohh!

TechPyle
12-10-2012, 06:09
Here is my second.

I am shooting first again along with the rest of the S.O.s. This is about the third stage and we are late to start the match for the paying folks so we are all in a rush. This stage has a pepper popper that activates a mover that at the end of its run disappears. You have to reload prior to shooting the popper or you will not have enough ammo to shoot the mover. OK I do a reload before the popper shoot twice and pound the popper down wow that was great right up to the time that I realized my slide had locked back. In the haste from the last stage I put a mag with only one round in it in my mag carrier. I was made at myself as I reloaded from Slide Lock and watched the mover disappear, but what luck the target hits the end of the track and leans just enough to be able to see its head sticking out from behind some barrels. I take my time (no sense in rushing) My S.O. sees what I am doing and say "You can't shoot that" I reply 'The H*** I can't" BANG BANG. Two great head shots. I just new I had earned my first Failure to Do Right penalty but it felt great everyone was laughing. They took pity me but It was still funny.

kd8x
12-23-2012, 20:53
I think on my 2nd IDPA match I used my G17 and shot the first mag okay then reached for the second mag and inserted it and begin to engage again and my mag fell out. reached down re-inserted to engage..Mag fell out....G19 mags dont work too well in G17's.... What an embarrassment...learned my lesson though.....

Timba
12-24-2012, 12:17
I shot two different caliber glocks (9 & 40) at a match; one right handed and one left handed. I had holsters on each hip, and reloads for the appropriate glock on each opposite hip.

On one stage, the course of fire required shooting weak hand; I popped a fresh mag in my (hot) 19 before the stage.

I'll let the video (http://timba.smugmug.com/Sports/Bandera-IDPA/21028671_cSTCKN#!i=1708448042&k=JQrrf4H) tell the story.

Doh!

happy seal
12-24-2012, 18:12
Funny, but not at the time right?

Timba
12-24-2012, 19:50
Funny, but not at the time right?

I felt like an idiot, but found an area for a large improvement in my failure recovery techniques... :cool: