Engraver in NH? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Engraver in NH?

crashwg
12-10-2012, 11:37
My "Form 1" is on its way to the ATF so now I'm looking for someone to engrave my AR lower. I don't want to have to ship it and pay FFL transfer fees so I'm looking for something local, as in <50 miles of Concord, NH.

I had read elsewhere, people suggesting trophy stores and the like so I went to the one closest to me and the guy didn't leave me feeling confident enough to choose him.

So does anyone know of a place within 50 miles or so of Concord, NH, that has experience engraving AR-15 lowers?

Walt_NC
12-10-2012, 15:24
You don't need to pay any kind of transfer fee or ship it through an FFL to send it to an engraver. The engraving is considered a repair by the ATF. Check out Indent Marking. They do good work and specialize in engraving NFA items to ATF standards. Link goes to their FAQ page.

http://identmarking.com/index.php/component/content/article/2-uncategorised/31-faq

Big Bird
12-11-2012, 20:09
You don't need to pay any kind of transfer fee or ship it through an FFL to send it to an engraver. The engraving is considered a repair by the ATF. Check out Indent Marking. They do good work and specialize in engraving NFA items to ATF standards. Link goes to their FAQ page.

http://identmarking.com/index.php/component/content/article/2-uncategorised/31-faq

+1.

This is how I did mine. Shipped the stripped receiver Priority mail through the USPS in a $5 flat rate shipping box. Got it back in 2 weeks.

crashwg
12-11-2012, 20:16
I'm learning all sorts of stuff from this thread... Good to know the whole "no ffl required" thing. Also, I was under the impression that USPS won't take firearms. Am I mistaken?

Big Bird
12-11-2012, 20:47
I'm learning all sorts of stuff from this thread... Good to know the whole "no ffl required" thing. Also, I was under the impression that USPS won't take firearms. Am I mistaken?

USPS won't take handguns from a private citizen. FFL can ship handguns through the mail.

Long guns are OK. When I shipped my receiver I never even told the PO it was a gun. It went though the automated postal center, shipping, insurance and delivery confirmation all included.