Dunham's Sports [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dunham's Sports

bigmoney890
12-10-2012, 13:01
Anyone have one near them? One just openned up in town and i'm wondering if their prices are good or not? I stopped by the new one today and their prices are pretty good but everything is "on sale." But i'm not sure if the prices will increase when the new-ness wears off, or are they the type of store where everything is always "on sale?"

I would've asked the guy behind the gun counter about the prices, but it seems no matter where I go, no one wants to help a 22 year old with anything gun related :confused: As long as their prices are good, i'll shop there, but if things go off of sale, then i'll go somewhere that treats me like an adult.

M&P15T
12-10-2012, 13:26
You're asking this in the Black Rifle Forum becauuuuuse?????

And, the person to determnie if any retailor has good deals is you, not some random poster here.

boomhower
12-10-2012, 13:30
They just opened one near me as well. In there opening flyer they had 250 rounds of UMC 9mm for $50. I kicked myself for forgetting to go. It's in the next town over and it completely slipped my mind.

Kaerous
12-10-2012, 14:23
The one by me still has everything on sale. I think thats their mantra - mark it up and put it on sale for other's prices and make people think they're getting a good deal. I have found some good items there for cheap, but I wouldn't go there for a big purchase. They normally only have good deals on small caliber rifles - dont seem interested in selling higher end guns.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

bigmoney890
12-10-2012, 16:10
You're asking this in the Black Rifle Forum becauuuuuse?????

And, the person to determnie if any retailor has good deals is you, not some random poster here.

From the OP: But i'm not sure if the prices will increase when the new-ness wears off, or are they the type of store where everything is always "on sale?"

They just opened one near me as well. In there opening flyer they had 250 rounds of UMC 9mm for $50. I kicked myself for forgetting to go. It's in the next town over and it completely slipped my mind.

That's a great deal, unfortunately, the UMC 200 packs are $114.99 for 223 at this store. What is the store near you?

The one by me still has everything on sale. I think thats their mantra - mark it up and put it on sale for other's prices and make people think they're getting a good deal. I have found some good items there for cheap, but I wouldn't go there for a big purchase. They normally only have good deals on small caliber rifles - dont seem interested in selling higher end guns.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

That's what I was betting on, that their stuff is "always" on sale. So, that's promising.

CigarandScotch
12-10-2012, 17:11
We have one in town that opened about 7 months ago. I can find good deals on ammo most of the time, and the sales are sometimes pretty darn good (better than the Wally World down the street). Their selection of long guns and shotguns is OK but not great. Most if it is lower end, but the prices are competitive. The optics are definitely low end, with the exception of some Nikon products. Don't expect knowledgeable salespeople, although I have run into one that knew his way around the department pretty well.

humanguerrilla
12-10-2012, 18:39
Laughably Expensive on most stuff. You can get some decent deals on clearance stuff. The checkout and email discount coupons hardly ever appy to ammo. Lotsa Century arms and other crappy guns.

The Pirate
12-10-2012, 23:21
Laughably Expensive on most stuff. You can get some decent deals on clearance stuff. The checkout and email discount coupons hardly ever appy to ammo. Lotsa Century arms and other crappy guns.

That's exactly how the one by my work is...

I do still go there on occasion though. They have a pretty good selection of hunting supply's.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

boomhower
12-11-2012, 06:33
That's a great deal, unfortunately, the UMC 200 packs are $114.99 for 223 at this store. What is the store near you?

The Rockingham store is closest to me.