Crowd Clamoring For Subsidized Housing [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Crowd Clamoring For Subsidized Housing

G17Jake
12-10-2012, 15:22
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2012/12/10/Police-Subdue-Ohio-Crowd-Clammoring

Please watch the video and tell me what sticks out about the crowd.

Police had to use mace.

We can't go on like this. Something has to change.

What a cesspool Columbus, Ohio must be. First it was the Obamaphone woman, and now this.

G17Jake
12-10-2012, 20:16
A bunch of hijab-wearing women lined up for subsidized housing doesn't bother anyone? Where do these people come from? How did they end up in the US in need of taxpayer subsidies?

This doesn't even look like the US I grew up in.

callihan_44
12-10-2012, 20:41
the only thing that matters is you continue to work so the government can take it's cut and give to these deserving helpless folk who are the rightfull owners of america's wealth...the days of self reliance are over

G17Jake
12-10-2012, 20:54
Are we the welfare office to the world?

Atlas
12-10-2012, 20:56
Are we the welfare office to the world?

We (those who work and produce) are slaves.
Get used to it.

walt cowan
12-11-2012, 07:52
set up a housing project in the west bank and deport them there.

Deployment Solu
12-11-2012, 09:23
We need to get these worthless slugs OUT of this country, NOW. What happened to the Immigrants of old who wanted to come here to work and make a better life for themselves and their families. They WANTED to be Americans, not just come here and suck us dry.

cowboywannabe
12-11-2012, 09:25
We need to get these worthless slugs OUT of this country, NOW. What happened to the Immigrants of old who wanted to come here to work and make a better life for themselves and their families. They WANTED to be Americans, not just come here and suck us dry.

those immigrants had pride and self respect, something lost on most of them now-a-days. but hey, look at the welfare leeches born here.

Sharkey
12-11-2012, 09:31
Hey we already provide school kids meals, people with healthcare, and money to those who have long stopped working so why wouldn't we provide homes to the entitled? Think of all those foreclosed homes going to waste. Look at how well the govt has provided shelter in Sec. 8 housing.

We never can bring the masses up but by god the govt can bring many down. Hooray for 4 more years. We shouldn't need any more to destroy our freedoms and culture. Gingham rap for everyone!

Kevin108
12-11-2012, 09:45
What happened to the Immigrants of old who wanted to come here to work and make a better life for themselves and their families.Easy access to over-funded entitlements.

series1811
12-11-2012, 09:55
Members of the winning 51 per cent.

Bren
12-11-2012, 10:44

Before the welfare system, America was the "land of opportunity" for those willing to work, so people who wanted an opportunity to work for a better life came here. Now it is the land of "opportunity to cross the border easily and get handouts" so those looking to cross the border easily and get handouts come here.

If you put out corn, deer will come, if you put out cheese you get rats.

Wake_jumper
12-11-2012, 10:52
Come to America where everything is free! And when free health care starts next year, those hijab-wearing women will be lined up in front of hospitals and medical centers too.

DustyJacket
12-11-2012, 10:56
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2012/12/10/Police-Subdue-Ohio-Crowd-Clammoring

Please watch the video and tell me what sticks out about the crowd.

They all had hats, hoods, and umbrellas because of the rain?

GWSHARK
12-11-2012, 11:46
http://i.imgur.com/6R8r0.gif

concretefuzzynuts
12-11-2012, 12:04
Come to America where everything is free! And when free health care starts next year, those hijab-wearing women will be lined up in front of hospitals and medical centers too.

To have many, many welfare babies soon to outnumber and overtake.

Bren
12-11-2012, 12:14
http://i.imgur.com/6R8r0.gif

You realize you were the first to mention Obama in the thread, right?:upeyes:

aircarver
12-11-2012, 12:43
Obama: You can't discuss serious implementation of communism without him ... :frown:

GWSHARK
12-11-2012, 14:11

Re-read the OP.

:wavey:

series1811
12-11-2012, 14:46
Re-read the OP.

You're both right. Obama does own it.

20South
12-11-2012, 15:26
I'm in Columbus - or just half hour outside it. There is a HUGE Somalian population. As many as 40k+ in the city - most of which seem to speak little/no English and have no desire to assimilate. We are not quite to the point of Minneapolis, but we are getting there.

DonGlock26
12-11-2012, 15:47

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

NDCent
12-11-2012, 16:05
Affordable, clean, and safe housing. Well, at least they may continue to stay affordable. :yawn:

G17Jake
12-11-2012, 17:35
Re-read the OP.

I mentioned the Obamaphone woman, not Obama. Check out the first ten seconds of the video.
Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone - YouTube

I don't make the claim those people are in Cleveland waiting for subsidized housing because of Obama.

I am pointing out the people looking for handouts look like they came from outside the US. Is that judgemental? Maybe, but I don't care.

We can't be a welfare state for the world. We can't help them by becoming the place they came from.

Since you brought Obama into the thread... what I see as a problem, I believe Obama sees as fairness. Still, I can't put all the blame on Obama.

G17Jake
12-11-2012, 17:37
I'm in Columbus - or just half hour outside it. There is a HUGE Somalian population. As many as 40k+ in the city - most of which seem to speak little/no English and have no desire to assimilate. We are not quite to the point of Minneapolis, but we are getting there.

Then they should be sent back to Somalia.

IvanVic
12-11-2012, 18:08
A bunch of hijab-wearing women lined up for subsidized housing doesn't bother anyone? Where do these people come from? How did they end up in the US in need of taxpayer subsidies?

You realize that there are also millions of native born, Caucasian people on welfare, right?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

G17Jake
12-11-2012, 18:09
You realize that there are also millions of native born, Caucasian people on welfare, right?

Yes. What is your point?

concretefuzzynuts
12-11-2012, 19:14

I didn't see a lot of them in the video related to the OP, but yes, there are. Proportionately there are more white in the country than any other race.

Perhaps instead of pointing something out that has no bearing on the OP and instead is meant to try to prove some sort of racism presented, and then corrected by a "superior" thinking lib, you could actually look at the fact that there is a problem with government spending. And in this case it appears the recipients are, according to the video, a large amount of Muslim women.

IvanVic
12-11-2012, 19:22
Yes. What is your point?

Your posts in this thread seem oblivious to that, and certainly read as though you're unaware of this.

IvanVic
12-11-2012, 19:27
I didn't see a lot of them in the video related to the OP, but yes, there are. Proportionately there are more white in the country than any other race.

Perhaps instead of pointing something out that has no bearing on the OP and instead is meant to try to prove some sort of racism presented, and the corrected by a "superior" thinking lib, you could actually look at the fact that there is a problem with government spending. And in this case it appears the recipients are, according to the video, a large amount of Muslim women.

"In this case."

That's because the posters that start these threads only do so when the people featured in the video or article are non whites. I've yet to see them acknowledge the fact that there are welfare leeches of every color.

Atlas
12-11-2012, 19:31
Eliminate all "public assistance" and race/skin color will not be a consideration.

concretefuzzynuts
12-11-2012, 19:40
there are welfare leeches of every color.

This part is fair to state.

But look past race and realize the problem has nothing to do with race. It is a governmental dependency and the culture of dependency, problem.

Flying-Dutchman
12-11-2012, 20:59
We can afford to support the entire World’s poor as we are the richest…oh, wait…$16 Trillion in debt…17% U6 unemployment…

Wouldn’t it be great if Congress held firm on the debt ceiling and collapsed the welfare state? Times would be tough for a while but it would be worth it.

G17Jake
12-11-2012, 21:14
"In this case."

That's because the posters that start these threads only do so when the people featured in the video or article are non whites. I've yet to see them acknowledge the fact that there are welfare leeches of every color.

It isn't race I am pointing out.

I question what country the people in the video came from. Some may be born in the USA? It doesn't look like the USA that I was raised in, and I question that.

I suspect we have foreign born people looking to us for a handout. We don't need to bring in welfare recipients from outside the US. We can't afford it.

IvanVic
12-12-2012, 02:06
It isn't race I am pointing out.

I question what country the people in the video came from. \

What do you mean, "where do they come from?" You seem to think that since they don't look like you, they weren't born here.

wprebeck
12-12-2012, 02:34
How do you know what he (if indeed, "he" is a he) looks like? I've been surprised at a number of folks on here who aren't what I'd initially imagined after reading a few dozen of their posts.

So, in light of the above, I'd just like to say -

HOLY PC, BATMAN!!!

as well as

I'LL TAKE "I PROJECT RACIST COMMENTS ON OTHERS DUE TO MY OWN PRECONCEPTIONS OF CONSERVATIVE FOLKS" FOR $200, ALEX!!

wprebeck
12-12-2012, 02:37
How do you know what he (if indeed, "he" is a he) looks like? I've been surprised at a number of folks on here who aren't what I'd initially imagined after reading a few dozen of their posts.

So, in light of the above, I'd just like to say -

HOLY PC, BATMAN!!!

as well as

I'LL TAKE "I PROJECT RACIST COMMENTS ON OTHERS DUE TO MY OWN PRECONCEPTIONS OF CONSERVATIVE FOLKS" FOR $200, ALEX!!

IvanVic
12-12-2012, 05:49
How do you know what he (if indeed, "he" is a he) looks like?

A bunch of hijab-wearing women

Where do these people come from? How did they end up in the US in need of taxpayer subsidies?

So you mean to tell me you read these posts and were not able to decipher that G17Jake perceives the people in the video to be physically different from him in their appearance?

eracer
12-12-2012, 06:21
So Obama started this whole 'subsidized housing' thing?

Shame on him.

G17Jake
12-12-2012, 06:26
So you mean to tell me you read these posts and were not able to decipher that G17Jake perceives the people in the video to be physically different from him in their appearance?

Culturally different.

Try as you will to paint me as a racist, I will stand by what I posted.

G17Jake
12-12-2012, 06:27
So Obama started this whole 'subsidized housing' thing?

Shame on him.

Who said that?

Cavalry Doc
12-12-2012, 07:20
Keep working, millions on public assistance are counting on you.

Until we let poor people live like poor people, and make it more attractive to work, we will continue to fail as a nation. A person working 20 hours a week on minimum wage should be able to live better than anyone on publuc assistance. That's not the case right now. I don't see that changing in the next 10 years.

series1811
12-12-2012, 08:01
We can afford to support the entire World’s poor as we are the richest…oh, wait…$16 Trillion in debt…17% U6 unemployment…

Wouldn’t it be great if Congress held firm on the debt ceiling and collapsed the welfare state? Times would be tough for a while but it would be worth it.

We long ago quit making the country being able to afford it a condition to providing entitlements.

Obama shifted us into high gear and mashed down the gas pedal, but he didn't have to change the direction the car was already headed.

IvanVic
12-12-2012, 08:27
Culturally different.

And what made you determine that they were culturally different?

Atlas
12-12-2012, 09:12
Keep working, millions on public assistance are counting on you.

Until we let poor people live like poor people, and make it more attractive to work, we will continue to fail as a nation. A person working 20 hours a week on minimum wage should be able to live better than anyone on publuc assistance. That's not the case right now. I don't see that changing in the next 10 years.

Let poor people, rich people, and everyone in between be responsible for themselves and their family.

People today assume that if someone makes the mistake of having children before they are able to provide for them then it automatically becomes the responsibility of others who did not make that mistake, that it becomes the responsibility of society at large.

In the past before government assistance, society imposed that responsibility on the individual..

From that societal ethos evolved the moral and ethical codes to enforce that personal responsibility.

You have only to read the literature and history of earlier times to understand how this worked in every aspect of everyday life. And this was true in all strata of society.

Today we wonder what ever happened to personal responsibility, while as a society we remove that responsibility from the individual and impose it instead on the collective, usually and mostly by governmental force and threat of violence.

jollygreen
12-12-2012, 09:26
You guys are spitting in the wind. America in the 50s and 60s was a sapling. Somebody bent it into a circle and tied it there. Now it's grown crooked. There's no straightening it out. It can't be done.

Save yourselves. Get your place away from the hustle and bustle and try to live out your lives in peace. That (just to live in peace) is becoming the American Dream.

Atlas
12-12-2012, 09:29
You guys are spitting in the wind. America in the 50s and 60s was a sapling. Somebody bent it into a circle and tied it there. Now it's grown crooked. There's no straightening it out. It can't be done.

Save yourselves. Get your place away from the hustle and bustle and try to live out your lives in peace. That (just to live in peace) is becoming the American Dream.

Dream on...
We're all gonna share the pain.
Unless you can be almost completely self-sufficient, you ain't gonna escape the suffering.

jollygreen
12-12-2012, 10:26
Unless you can be almost completely self-sufficient

Uh, yes. I can be almost completely self-sufficient. So can you.

Atlas
12-12-2012, 10:29
I don't disagree.

RedNine
12-12-2012, 11:32

Actually, the quotes you provided make no mention of physical differences. In case you didn't know, a "hijab" isn't a part of the human anatomy. You accuse him of jumping to conclusions, but it seems to be you who favors conclusion over examination and free thought.

IvanVic
12-12-2012, 12:10
Actually, the quotes you provided make no mention of physical differences.

That's cute.

RedNine
12-12-2012, 13:47
That's cute.

:embarassed:

Kablam
12-12-2012, 14:12
:upeyes:And what made you determine that they were culturally different?

Oh please...:upeyes:

GWSHARK
12-12-2012, 14:13

also... you do realize the title of the LINK posted in the op is.

Obama Recovery: Police Subdue Ohio Crowd Clamoring For Subsidized Housing

:upeyes: :dunno: :faint:

JAS104
12-12-2012, 14:16
Man.. Immigrants used to come to this country to work.

IvanVic
12-12-2012, 17:19
Why no outrage over the millions of native born people on welfare?

How are you determining that these people are all immigrants?

aircarver
12-12-2012, 17:55
Our hands are more than full with our own people on welfare.

We don't need foreigners coming here to get welfare.

IvanVic
12-12-2012, 18:42
Our hands are more than full with our own people on welfare.

We don't need foreigners coming here to get welfare.

And you know they're immigrants and not native born how, exactly? Did you track them in the last 12 hours to interview them?

series1811
12-13-2012, 08:33
also... you do realize the title of the LINK posted in the op is.

Obama Recovery: Police Subdue Ohio Crowd Clamoring For Subsidized Housing

:upeyes: :dunno: :faint:

You really get torqued up when anybody criticizes Obama, don't you? You guys won, why is it so important to you that dissent be stifled?

You don't work for MSNBC or CNN do you?