Thoughts on the SigPro? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the SigPro?

pugman
12-10-2012, 18:21
Its the one pistol I seem to start looking at...then something else fills the void be it a new .22LR pistol, shotgun, AK whatever.

I own a 226 and 228 which I like.

Anyone have problems with them? I know maybe a year or so ago sig was shipping them with three mags...now its one. I've read a lot of people seem to have problems with the slide staying open after the last round...

Thoughts?

countrygun
12-10-2012, 18:31
I have had both a 2340 (.40) and a 2022(9mm) for a couple of years now and I can't think of a knock on them, other than the standard Sig decocker location and ergonomics of that. I am spoiled by the CZs decocker and even the S&W slide mounted. I find the Sig to be the most unwieldy of all. I can say that the Sigpros are far more accurate than the price would indicate and IMNSHO they are the most accurate in their price range and well into a lot higher price ranges.

I have often though of them as a good "hard service" gun because a field striping and removing the grip unit exposes the "innards" for cleaning much easier than most others.

I don't think I could find a way to talk someone out of getting one if they are interested. They are just plain good.

smk
12-10-2012, 19:16
I have the 2022 in .40 cal, and I love it. My only problem was operator error with my thumb on the slide release, which didn't allow the slide to lock after the last round. It was the first mag through the gun, so I thought I bought a dud, then I looked at my hand positioning, and realized the problem. Quick fix. I am looking to buy another one soon, but may pick up a couple Glocks first.

bac1023
12-10-2012, 23:25
I have an SP2022 in 9mm and love it.

Bow Commander
12-11-2012, 13:14
They are fantastic pistols. Palmetto has them for $389

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/firearms/handguns/sig-sauer/sp2022/sig-sauer-sp2022-pro-9mm.html