Anyone have a RIA 22 TCM Target Micro Mag 9mm [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a RIA 22 TCM Target Micro Mag 9mm

SigFTW
12-11-2012, 10:47
I was looking at picking up another RIA after getting the 10mm and I'm considering the 22 TCM Target/Micro Mag 9mm.

Anyone have one, if so what do you think?

Jim Watson
12-11-2012, 12:31
I don't have one, largely because after Thought No 1:
How kewl, the velocity of a 5.7 FN in a conventional gun I already know how to handle.

... I had Thought No 2:
What is it to be FOR? What would it do for me that a .22LR and a 9mm do not already do better?
I don't hunt varmints, I can't use it in IDPA, and I don't like guns that throw uncommon brass in the weeds.

So I didn't buy one.
But those that have them say they shoot well.

Quack
12-11-2012, 15:30
$30 for 50rds (locally)....no thanks.

22TCM - 38Super - 9mm

http://photosbydon.smugmug.com/photos/i-G4Qtc4G/0/L/i-G4Qtc4G-L.jpg

Viper 1
12-11-2012, 17:34
I was looking at picking up another RIA after getting the 10mm and I'm considering the 22 TCM Target/Micro Mag 9mm.

Anyone have one, if so what do you think?

I have one with about 2K rounds through it; performs flawlessly.

It's deadly accurate and the recoil is no more than a 22; fun to shoot.

According to my research, the velocity is greater than an FN five seven and in Dallas, a box of 50 rounds goes for 23 dollars.

Armscor will pay 7 cents a piece for the brass and re-load for you.

If you get serious about target shooting, Armscor will de-bur, polish the ramp and lighten the trigger pull to 4 pounds for next to nothing.

If you have a steady hand, you can hit golf balls at 50 yards free-hand. You can't go wrong.

SigFTW
12-11-2012, 18:38
I have one with about 2K rounds through it; performs flawlessly.

It's deadly accurate and the recoil is no more than a 22; fun to shoot.

According to my research, the velocity is greater than an FN five seven and in Dallas, a box of 50 rounds goes for 23 dollars.

Armscor will pay 7 cents a piece for the brass and re-load for you.

If you get serious about target shooting, Armscor will de-bur, polish the ramp and lighten the trigger pull to 4 pounds for next to nothing.

If you have a steady hand, you can hit golf balls at 50 yards free-hand. You can't go wrong.

Thanks for the info Viper that is very helpful!
The price of the ammo is not a concern however I would like to reload my own when or if the dies become available.

What intrigues me about the TCM is the 2000fps and that would be a blast to shoot. Not that I need it but its something that I want. Also, the 9mm barrel that comes with the RIA is a plus. Seems like a good all around fun gun.

My LGS did not have one in stock so I think I will try to find one on Gunbroker.

Foxtrotx1
12-11-2012, 18:44
Looks like a fun gun that would make a great weapon for pest control.