P229 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : P229

hammeredbean
12-11-2012, 11:18
I recently got a P229. Being new to Sigs, I am amazed! I have always sort of looked at Sig owners to be a clique of their own...not caring about any other type of gun.......so I get this gun on a bicycle swap to level the trade....and now I am officially a convert!
This is the easiest to shoot/naturally pointing finest gun since a slice of bread! It is awesome. I actually love the DA/SA because it is easy to carry hammer down with one in the pipe, and easy to cock back into SA mode while drawing two handed...then easy to decock. I really do prefer it over the 1911's that I have had.
This brings me to my "real" point...I don't like .40 caliber. If any of you Sig owners would want to swap me a P220 compact for this gun, I have this posted in the classifieds. Thanks!

bac1023
12-11-2012, 19:54
Glad you like the P229. You should have bought it in 9mm if you don't like 40.

9mm +p+
12-11-2012, 22:03
I too recently got my 1st 229 also in 40 and I love it as well, just like you said made for my hand. I'd had 40's in the past but never really warmed up to them, my 229 is my new fav auto.

hammeredbean
12-11-2012, 22:13
Yep. This one falling into my lap was a blessing in disguise. It carries better than it's size and weigh would lead a person to believe.

ca survivor
12-12-2012, 17:47
I have a 229, its my EDC these days, I love the .40 most of my carry guns are .40s

ca survivor
12-12-2012, 17:50
I recently got a P229. Being new to Sigs, I am amazed! I have always sort of looked at Sig owners to be a clique of their own...not caring about any other type of gun.......so I get this gun on a bicycle swap to level the trade....and now I am officially a convert!
This is the easiest to shoot/naturally pointing finest gun since a slice of bread! It is awesome. I actually love the DA/SA because it is easy to carry hammer down with one in the pipe, and easy to cock back into SA mode while drawing two handed...then easy to decock. I really do prefer it over the 1911's that I have had.
This brings me to my "real" point...I don't like .40 caliber. If any of you Sig owners would want to swap me a P220 compact for this gun, I have this posted in the classifieds. Thanks!
there is a 229 complete slide in 9mm for sale under 229 gun parts in e-Bay

hammeredbean
12-15-2012, 09:05
there is a 229 complete slide in 9mm for sale under 229 gun parts in e-Bay

Hey, thanks for the tip. Having the 9mm would be a nice addition to the gun. If I had anything resembling a gun budget, I'd do just that. However, I reckon I am just going to have to trade it for a 220 compact...or maybe just a 220. I really want 45's across the board for myself. Thanks for the heads up though.