Sotaarms [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sotaarms

Rich22
12-11-2012, 15:36
So I have found a place that can get me essentially what I am looking for (300 blk 16 inch quad rail upper) in a reasonable amount of time for a reasonable amount of money. According to the nice knowledgable sales lady about 530 bucks for a complete upper and all I will need to do to complete what I want is a milspec lower and vert foregrip and of course optic. I am looking for the catch here, I cant find anything overly wrong but I am a newb at this so still a bit concerned. 1. anyone have experience with them? 2. Any obvious signs I should be seeing here? 3. Any alternatives that will get me a complete rifle for a grand or less that is quality?

Also, assuming this is good to go, 1. on a 16 inch barrel, carbine or rifle length quad rail? I like the idea of as much length as possible for sight radius with BU irons and more overall flexibility. 2, should I look at having them ship the barrel without the brake on it and get a comp for it myself? 3, Where would be the best place to look for a lower, Need adjustable stock, nice trigger etc

Thank you o wise men of GT.

Rich

WoodenPlank
12-11-2012, 21:04
The catch is that I've never heard of "Sotaarms," and I'd bet most other folks haven't either.

Travclem
12-11-2012, 21:09
Never heard of them.

To answer your second question, I like long rails.

*ASH*
12-11-2012, 23:14
im a newbie as well and ive looked at everyones ar platform , and ive never heard of it . :wow::wow:

id stay away

bmoore
12-11-2012, 23:18
Put me on the "never heard of them" list.

Rich22
12-12-2012, 08:55
About the best info I have found is 1 guy over on 300blktalk.com says he got his upper there and has worked well. I am still trying to find alternatives but i'm finding squat.

WoodenPlank
12-12-2012, 12:04
About the best info I have found is 1 guy over on 300blktalk.com says he got his upper there and has worked well. I am still trying to find alternatives but i'm finding squat.

This would be what we call "A Clue.". Unknown companies can be a great deal, or a massive pain in the ass. I'm not a fan of risking that much money.

Sent from the USS Sulaco.

Fwdftw
12-12-2012, 12:20
I like long rails.

haha i bet you do. Sorry. I couldnt resist..

OP i havent heard of them either.

TucsonGlocker
12-12-2012, 12:26
Put me on the "never heard of them" list.

Add me to that list as well.. :dunno:

Rich22
12-12-2012, 14:02
well at least I can say that unlike several companies at least there is nothing blatantly horrible that is out there. My thoughts are, worst case use a CC I know will give me my money back if they do not ship.

bigmoney890
12-12-2012, 14:20
My thoughts are, worst case use a CC I know will give me my money back if they do not ship.

Well that's not a very good way of looking at a firearm purchase IMO. Besides, if they do ship and you get a dud product, there's no refund (unless the company admits they've made a bad product and return your money). I'd sign up for every email notification for every site that has 300blk products as I could. You'll get the email saying something is in stock before you know it. Patience truly is a virtue in today's AR market:wavey: