Snowman92D
12-11-2012, 19:12
This is not good.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Global_Economy/NK27Dj02.html

Not sure why the media would miss this...??? :whistling:

Atlas
12-11-2012, 19:37
Does this surprise you?

You do know that inter-nation trade in Asia and Russia is increasingly settled in currency other than the dollar, right?

A huge percentage of physical dollars in circulation are outside our borders.
Some estimate 2/3 or so.
One fine day they're all gonna come home again in a huge damn rush.

Let "the Ben Bernake" continue to announce "QE xx" and watch what happens. They've been doing business in that part of the world since long before anyone outside North America even knew the western hemisphere existed. They ain't all as dumb as they seem.

GAFinch
12-11-2012, 23:33
I've been trying to calmly warn people that this is essentially a failed state, especially now that we're going to be printing 100% of our annual deficit, but we just don't collectively realize it yet. People are so afraid to face reality that they won't even pull their money out of savings accounts with a 1% APR, much less take a tax hit on their IRA's.

cowboywannabe
12-11-2012, 23:58
linky no worky for me g.i.

rj1939
12-12-2012, 05:50
Actions have consequences, the Zero should realize that his desire to humble the US also diminishes his importance.

Why would they pay any attention to him? A bit of irony for a narcissist. :upeyes:

G17Jake
12-12-2012, 06:33
I've been trying to calmly warn people that this is essentially a failed state, especially now that we're going to be printing 100% of our annual deficit, but we just don't collectively realize it yet. People are so afraid to face reality that they won't even pull their money out of savings accounts with a 1% APR, much less take a tax hit on their IRA's.

What should one do with the money once it is pulled from savings?

Gold?

Silver?

Real estate?

rj1939
12-12-2012, 07:21
The amazing thing about all the money floating around............there is no velocity, so it is doing nothing. If something happens to put it into motion, we'll have another problem.
There is no velocity, because there is no confidence. Benji can't overcome that. He is a one trick pony anyway.

pugman
12-12-2012, 07:34

Gold?

Silver?

Real estate?

Lead.

Money sitting in the bank right now is doing nothing. I cringe when I drive in to work and see billboards advertising .60 APY.

What to do with the money? Get a gym membership and get into shape, get any and all dental work taken care of, buy spare glasses if you need them, build a library of actual books, take classes which 1) allow you to fall back on a skill which will allow you to make a living 2) make you more independent of the government and others, get into reloading, etc, etc.

Remember if the dollar were to actually collapse no one (not even the brain trust of GT) knows precisely what will happen. Argentina and Greece are nothing compared to the U.S economy.

walt cowan
12-12-2012, 08:00

Gold?

Silver?

Real estate?

all three.