Looking for a Molle vest [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Molle vest

bigmoney890
12-12-2012, 17:50
Looking for a Molle vest, but one that isn't a plate carrier. I neither need plates, nor want the extra price associated with them. Below is a picture of the type of thing i'm looking for, but it's a plate carrier. I want to set it up the way I want and I don't know exactly what that is yet, so that's why I want a molle vest so I can rearrange things as I see fit. Any help is appreciated. Since the Palm defenders are around $200, if I spend anymore than $100 I might as well but the plate carrier and just have the extra protection, just in case I ever "need" plates :rofl: So i'd like to stat under the hundred mark.

http://www.thegunsandgearstore.com/images/USP_USP00400324%5B1%5D_250.jpg

Thanks in advance!

WoodenPlank
12-12-2012, 17:58
Tactical Tailor MAV (http://www.tacticaltailor.com/vests-armor/modular/mav-body-1-piece). I have one with 2x triple mag pouches and a double pistol mag pouch.

However, I'd suggest a belt setup before getting a chest setup. While I have mags on my chest rig, literally everything else goes on my HSGI padded belt - 2x primary and handgun mags, IFAK, knife, dump pouch, water bottle pouch, and handgun.

mjkeat
12-12-2012, 18:02
What you're looking for is a Chest Harness not a plate carrier. Most plate carriers are similar to the ones you have pictured. Chest harnesses are going to be like the ones WP and I linked. Two different beasts.

bigmoney890
12-12-2012, 18:08
Tactical Tailor MAV (http://www.tacticaltailor.com/vests-armor/modular/mav-body-1-piece). I have one with 2x triple mag pouches and a double pistol mag pouch.

However, I'd suggest a belt setup before getting a chest setup. While I have mags on my chest rig, literally everything else goes on my HSGI padded belt - 2x primary and handgun mags, IFAK, knife, dump pouch, water bottle pouch, and handgun.

I might could get into that, very similar to what I had in mind.

What you're looking for is a Chest Harness not a plate carrier. Most plate carriers are similar to the ones you have pictured. Chest harnesses are going to be like the ones WP and I linked. Two different beasts.

Does anyone make something that looks like the plate carrier I pictured, but without being an actual plate carrier. I want a vest, if I can help it.

WoodenPlank
12-12-2012, 18:16
I might could get into that, very similar to what I had in mind.

Does anyone make something that looks like the plate carrier I pictured, but without being an actual plate carrier. I want a vest, if I can help it.

By the time you make something with MOLLE that looks like a plate carrier, it might as well BE a plate carrier.

Bren
12-12-2012, 18:19
Personally, if I didn't have issued ones, I'd get an Army surplus one on Ebay. I'm assuming you aren't looking for a fashion statement and you can probably get a new one for $40-50. Maybe a whole package for not too much.

I may be assuming too much.

bigmoney890
12-12-2012, 18:21
I don't care if it looks like one or not, I just want an actual vest so I can attach as much as or as little as I want. I don't want one just because it looks like a plate carrier, I want one so I can set it up however I want.

I think my OP might have been misleading in that sense.

bigmoney890
12-12-2012, 18:23
Personally, if I didn't have issued ones, I'd get an Army surplus one on Ebay. I'm assuming you aren't looking for a fashion statement and you can probably get a new one for $40-50. Maybe a whole package for not too much.

I may be assuming too much.

If I can get one for that cheap, then i'll just get a plate carrier. It's not like i have to put plates in it.

mjkeat
12-12-2012, 18:25
The thing w/ the ones issued through the Army is they are quite large not allowing for good ventalation.

WP is correct as far as I am aware.

bigmoney890
12-12-2012, 18:40
Alright, thanks guys. Looking into some belt rigs now

MarkCO
12-12-2012, 19:04
Here you go... http://www.aftactical.com/equipment/l/chest_rigs.html

Bren
12-12-2012, 19:05
If I can get one for that cheap, then i'll just get a plate carrier. It's not like i have to put plates in it.

The Army issued vest is not a plate carrier or any sort of armor - it's just a mesh vest with molle attachments, adjustrable quick release belt and zipper up the front.

There are plenty of them available in good shape, because soldiers don't really use them that much, since they actually just put the pouches on their OTV/IBA.

http://maxcdn.nexternal.com/glenns/images/vestM.jpg

bigmoney890
12-12-2012, 19:10
Here you go... http://www.aftactical.com/equipment/l/chest_rigs.html

nailed it!

WoodenPlank
12-12-2012, 19:15
nailed it!

Condor is basically airsoft-grade stuff. Cheap knock-offs of other companies designs, and not as well made.

MarkCO
12-12-2012, 19:19
Condor is basically airsoft-grade stuff. Cheap knock-offs of other companies designs, and not as well made.

Cheap, and made in China, but it is very durable, and better made than a lot of US stuff. I prefer Blackhawk, but same stuff is 3 to 4 times as much.

bigmoney890
12-12-2012, 19:19

Cheap, and made in China, but it is very durable, and better made than a lot of US stuff. I prefer Blackhawk, but same stuff is 3 to 4 times as much.

damnit. :crying:

mjkeat
12-12-2012, 19:23
OP, what are you wanting to use this for? Range fun, classes, or just to have around?

MarkCO, the stitching and materials on that stuff aren't up to par.

Bren
12-12-2012, 19:25
I just looked on Ebay - real military surplus MOLLE vests got for under $20 - guess the price has gone down since the market has been flooded. I saw them with "Buy It Now" prices under $10. Still under $20 shipped.

MarkCO
12-12-2012, 19:30
OP, what are you wanting to use this for? Range fun, classes, or just to have around?

How many do you own?

We have several that have seen very hard use that are still kicking. Have two SWAT entry guys and a SORT team guy using them on a regular basis. One is 3 years old and nothing has failed.

Say what you want, but if you think they are crap, then you are not using them.

WoodenPlank
12-12-2012, 19:34

Not a fan of Blackhawk, either. I'll stick to HSGI, Tactical Tailor, and G-Code.

mjkeat
12-12-2012, 19:39
How many do you own?

We have several that have seen very hard use that are still kicking. Have two SWAT entry guys and a SORT team guy using them on a regular basis. One is 3 years old and nothing has failed.

Say what you want, but if you think they are crap, then you are not using them.

Do I have to take a bite out of a turd to know it'll taste like ****?

I've been in 1 or 2 airsoft shops looking to save a buck and fingered 1 or 2 things. It doesn't take a trained eye to see the differences in stitching and materials.

Oh, and by the way, I never said they were crap. Those are your own words. You seem to be a little touchy concerning the subject.

bigmoney890
12-12-2012, 19:43

Range use and classes.

I just looked on Ebay - real military surplus MOLLE vests got for under $20 - guess the price has gone down since the market has been flooded. I saw them with "Buy It Now" prices under $10. Still under $20 shipped.

Wanna post up a link. I searched around and couldn't find much besides a bunch of $10 airsoft stuff.

MarkCO
12-12-2012, 19:56
mjkeat, I am sure you have fingered many things, but since you have not used them, you are still speaking from a position of ignorance abut Condor Products.

I do really like my Tactical Tailer stuff, but that is not what the OP is looking for.

OP obviously wanted something less expensive and you have done nothing to help him.

bigmoney890
12-12-2012, 20:00
OP obviously wanted something less expensive and you have done nothing to help him.

The expense isn't really my concern, it's just I don't want to pay for something that i'm not going to utilize (like a plate carrier).

mjkeat
12-12-2012, 20:33
mjkeat, I am sure you have fingered many things, but since you have not used them, you are still speaking from a position of ignorance abut Condor Products.

I do really like my Tactical Tailer stuff, but that is not what the OP is looking for.

The expense isn't really my concern, it's just I don't want to pay for something that i'm not going to utilize (like a plate carrier).

MarkCO, LOL. Who's speaking from where?

You can tell a lot about the quality of apparel and other similar things by the stitching and materials used in its construction. In fact you can tell everything about them by those two things.

As far as inexpensive airsoft stuff I do have a Voodoo dual rifle case. The stitching is the same as that commonly found on airsoft gear. The case rarely gets used compared to my others and there are a couple of areas where the stitching is unraveling.

If I can get a big jump in quality for $50 I'm going that route.

Bren
12-12-2012, 20:42
Wanna post up a link. I searched around and couldn't find much besides a bunch of $10 airsoft stuff.

Really - I did 1 search and got 273.

This one is used, for $5.77 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Military-ACU-digital-Camo-Molle-II-Fighting-Load-Carrier-FLC-Vest-0577-Zipper-/300801494015?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46092a8bff)

New for $14.99 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-BRAND-NEW-ACU-DIGITAL-MOLLE-II-LOAD-BEARING-COMBAT-VEST-RARE-TO-FIND-NEW-ONES-/160899919349?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item257661edf5)

Hundreds more

bigmoney890
12-12-2012, 20:49
Really - I did 1 search and got 273.

This one is used, for $5.77 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Military-ACU-digital-Camo-Molle-II-Fighting-Load-Carrier-FLC-Vest-0577-Zipper-/300801494015?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46092a8bff)

New for $14.99 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-BRAND-NEW-ACU-DIGITAL-MOLLE-II-LOAD-BEARING-COMBAT-VEST-RARE-TO-FIND-NEW-ONES-/160899919349?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item257661edf5)

Hundreds more

We were on two separate idea on that one. But i took a look around on those links and they look alright.

WoodenPlank
12-12-2012, 21:11
We were on two separate idea on that one. But i took a look around on those links and they look alright.

I'm sure you can find them by the dozen at the local surplus stores, too.

Tango 1Zero
12-12-2012, 21:17
Some of the Condor stuff is 1000 denier nylon. Its cheaper made but its not all junk. Most of the bags they make with zippers are crap. The straps have plastic hooks and buckles.
Dump pouches arent bad.
I sold Blackhawk gear for years and some of it is equal. Especially for a range setup or shtf its hard to beat the prices for condor.

bigmoney890
12-12-2012, 21:22
I'm sure you can find them by the dozen at the local surplus stores, too.

I try to avoid purchasing things from those places. They are only in business because they rip of GI's who loose their equipment and absolutely NEED a particular item to turn back in, and of course the poor bastards who just have to have what the military uses. BUT, I do browse those shops because occasionally you can find good deals. Next time i'm in there, i'll look at their vests. Plus, they ALWAYS have GI surplus mags in stock. Not always a good price, but it beats the hell out of paying for shipping.

humanguerrilla
12-12-2012, 22:34
Ranger rack. Good general inexpensive molle rig. The surplus SDS ranger racks can be had on ebay and surplus sites on the cheap and TruSpec does a good inexpensive copy in coyote,ucp, and multicam. can be worn with the from bib up or down. I use one as an AK rig.

Tru-Spec Ranger Rack - YouTube
http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=9996&tabid=548

I prefer the TT mav with harness or a couple low profile plate carriers.

mjkeat
12-12-2012, 22:42
It's funny that he mentions wearing that while in a vehicle. The first thing through my mind when he put the chest rig on is how uncomfortable it would be w/ those pouches hanging off the rig so low. You want that stuff much higher on the chest.

I really like how he slides his finger nto the trigger as he waives the Glock around.

bigmoney890
12-12-2012, 22:43
That's exactly what i'm looking for guerrilla. Don't know about the quality of it, but for $36, it can't be too bad of a risk. This might be in my future. Still undecided, but out of all the vests i've looked at today, this one is at the top. I also like the belt rig i was looking at from HSGI. Maybe i'll grab both and use all of my $100 budget.

mjkeat
12-12-2012, 22:58
Dont forget about taking mag pouches into consideration when thinking budget.

humanguerrilla
12-13-2012, 00:27

humanguerrilla
12-13-2012, 00:29
My SDS ranger rack in RG and mak90. Paid about $40.
http://i323.photobucket.com/albums/nn460/humanguerrilla/mak90sdsrig.jpg?t=1355383771

The SDS version at least is good quality on the cheap and the Truspec version gets good reviews.

They also make a harness for the SDS version, modular like the TT mav harness in case you like it for full on lbv. Guys have adapted hydration carriers for it.
https://www.entrygear.com/product.asp?id=S0008

Bren
12-13-2012, 06:14
I always wonder about people who want to hang all that stuff right in front. Actual soldiers crawl, shoot from the prone position, etc., making 6-10 magazines on your front a pretty bad idea. I'm guessing if you are just using it to look cool while standing at the range, that will work.

MrMurphy
12-13-2012, 07:11
I worked out of a vehicle and spent the majority of my time standing, running or kneeling/crouching. Chest rigs and prone don't work as well but when you spend 90% of your time not prone, you live with it for the rest of the time.

www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com USGI surplus direct from the government. Sometimes you can find VERY good quality stuff inexpensively there.

humanguerrilla
12-13-2012, 07:43
I always wonder about people who want to hang all that stuff right in front. Actual soldiers crawl, shoot from the prone position, etc., making 6-10 magazines on your front a pretty bad idea. I'm guessing if you are just using it to look cool while standing at the range, that will work.

Big combat loads suck. Row of single stack/shingle mags right in front isn't any real trouble depending on how you wear whatever lbv. See what works for you in various shooting positions and adjust from there. Train and adjust more. There will be places you do want slick.

surf
12-13-2012, 11:28
There are numerous options from harness rigs to full molle load bearing vests. Do a google search of "Molle Load Bearing Vests" and you will get a lot of options.

I might also suggest looking at plate carriers or armor carriers as a possible option. Many people do the same progression that you are facing. First they want a simple set up for some classes and then down the line they decide that they want to add perhaps soft armor or plates. This might be due to training courses or just personal protection and then they end up buying all new set ups. You don't need to run soft or hard armor if you get carriers, but the option is still there down the line. The bonus to this, is that you will have figured out your desired configuration, trained with it and now you have the simple option of adding armor.

mjkeat
12-13-2012, 14:01

As someone who spent time on foot and behind a SAW I spent a lot of time prone. Company SOP was two, 100 round nut sacks sandwiched between two, 200 round sacks. Basically you would lay on top of your load out. It gave me the perfect angel w/o having to support my body weight w/ my elbows. It also worked well for resting the weapon on during longer movements, taking the weight off of the sling giving my neck a rest.

Like mentioned earlier while in trans it was ideal.

So yeah, it's actually a very good idea to have your gear up front. Looking cool is a byproduct I guess.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

RyanNREMTP
12-13-2012, 14:10
There are numerous options from harness rigs to full molle load bearing vests. Do a google search of "Molle Load Bearing Vests" and you will get a lot of options.

I might also suggest looking at plate carriers or armor carriers as a possible option. Many people do the same progression that you are facing. First they want a simple set up for some classes and then down the line they decide that they want to add perhaps soft armor or plates. This might be due to training courses or just personal protection and then they end up buying all new set ups. You don't need to run soft or hard armor if you get carriers, but the option is still there down the line. The bonus to this, is that you will have figured out your desired configuration, trained with it and now you have the simple option of adding armor.

Great suggestion here. :thumbsup:

akgunnut
12-13-2012, 15:33
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b387/spyderdude18/IMGP0471.jpg

I really like my 5.11 LBE Vest. It has plenty of room for everything. This is my SHTF load out and have used it on numerous occasions at the range and has held up nicely.

MrMurphy
12-13-2012, 18:08
That particular type of vest has been around for a long while, I wore a Blackhawk Omega (a ripoff of the Eagle design for about a year and they are MASSIVE heat traps.

Even more so in armor.

bigmoney890
12-13-2012, 22:37
Thanks for all of the suggestions guys. I'm going with this (http://www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com/DCU-MOLLE-Padded-Utility-Waistbelt-8465014917440-p/1807.htm) and this (http://www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com/DCU-MOLLE-II-Fighting-Load-Carrier-New-8465014917-p/1797.htm) to start so I can get a feel for what I like. I'll set both of them up and chose whether i'm going with a belt rig or a vest type rig and order higher quality stuff after I figure out what's best for me.

MrMurphy
12-14-2012, 05:56
Neither are particularly 'bad'.

The FLC, used with the correct components and loaded up right, while it's not a TT, Mayflower, HSGI or etc, gets the job done. It's a several-generations improved piece over the LBV-88 (whoever invented that should be shot) and easier to use while in vehicles than the original LBE.

You can set up the MOLLE belt with suspenders similar to a modernized LBE, for patrolling and extended field wear, it's pretty comfortable.

Big Bird
12-14-2012, 07:38
I have a 5.11 vest and its got the best mesh of any vest I've seen or tried. Much heavier duty than anything else. For the money the 5.11 vest is the way to go. Nutnfancy did a review of it as well... Like all Nutnfancy's reviews he packs 4 minutes of information into a 12 minute review. But it gives some perspective. I wear that vest in 90 plus degree heat and 70% humidity and don't find it to be especially hot either.

5.11 Tac Vest: "Load Bearing Simplicity" by Nutnfancy - YouTube

MrMurphy
12-14-2012, 12:20
When it's 130F and you're in armor, or 90F and you're in armor, it's a heat trap.

Fwdftw
12-14-2012, 12:54
**** like today makes me want to buy that US Palm Kit in the OP.. Makes me sick.. plus 2 officers were shot in our home town today.. 1 Dead.

nikerret
12-16-2012, 07:57
specopsbrand.com has their vests for $59, any color/pattern.

I got two recently when they had their spend $500, get 40% off sale. Ended up getting two vests and two six magazine holders for free. I'm making the black one my active shooter rig. The Multicam one is still sitting in the box with the tags on it. I may ue it for hunting, or something.

Everything I have purchased from specopsbrand.com has been top quality. I had some concerns that were immediately addressed to my satisfaction and with no further cost, to me.

After seeing T.H.E. Pack I bought, the other three guys on my shift ordered one. We made one large order and got the big discount. I have several of these packs, now.

Something to consider after you figure out what you want. There are a couple of good reviews on Youtube.

Big Bird
12-17-2012, 18:37
When it's 130F and you're in armor, or 90F and you're in armor, it's a heat trap.

Murphey,

I wore a Vietnam era flak vests inside a friggin' M1A1 tank with Nomex overalls when it was 120 degrees in Saudi Arabia.

I've been in the Mojave desert in August buttoned up and working out of a M577 armored command post in MOPP4.

I endured three days of prototype chemical suit testing buttoned up in an M1 tank with three other smelly guys--two of whom passed out from the heat and had to be physically carried from their hatches.

I know hot.

A mesh vest ain't hot.

mjkeat
12-17-2012, 19:50
Murphey,

I wore a Vietnam era flak vests inside a friggin' M1A1 tank with Nomex overalls when it was 120 degrees in Saudi Arabia.

I've been in the Mojave desert in August buttoned up and working out of a M577 armored command post in MOPP4.

I endured three days of prototype chemical suit testing buttoned up in an M1 tank with three other smelly guys--two of whom passed out from the heat and had to be physically carried from their hatches.

I know hot.

A mesh vest ain't hot.

How far did you hump your bodyweight in gear in that height?

Big Bird
12-17-2012, 19:57
How far did you hump your bodyweight in gear in that height?

The only time I had to hump any weight was in Ranger school and I went in the wintertime.

But all the grunts I worked with in the 101st in Saudi Arabia humped that crap. And I felt sorry for them. :cool: Sometimes they even bummed a ride.

But then again...they weren't sitting in a 64 ton hunk of metal that soaked up everything the sun gave and then some. The only thing I could do to cool off was tell the driver to go faster.

bigmoney890
12-17-2012, 20:00
I know hot.

A mesh vest ain't hot.

Hot is a relative term.

Because of my hot nature , I prefer to be as cool as possible. Mesh will do that better than a normal plate carrier type vest.

mjkeat
12-17-2012, 20:29
The only time I had to hump any weight was in Ranger school and I went in the wintertime.

But all the grunts I worked with in the 101st in Saudi Arabia humped that crap. And I felt sorry for them. :cool: Sometimes they even bummed a ride.

But then again...they weren't sitting in a 64 ton hunk of metal that soaked up everything the sun gave and then some. The only thing I could do to cool off was tell the driver to go faster.

So after cutting through all of that the answer to my question is no, correct?

Big Bird
12-17-2012, 21:59
So after cutting through all of that the answer to my question is no, correct?

No. And?

You ever sit in an M1 tank in 120 degree heat for three days straight?

You ever sit in MOPP4 for a couple of hours or days in an armored vehicle? Sucking air through a rubber mask to boot?

Explain why only your experience is relevant here?

MrMurphy
12-17-2012, 22:22
Tanks are definitely hotter. MOPP gear absolutely blows (been there, done that), sat in a completely sealed (overhead cover, solid steel) Humvee turret in full MOPP for about 10 hours in an Italian summer and just about passed out even draining canteens left and right.

My point is, the vest design covers more of you, period, and even in mesh, it's a heat trap. Speaking from experience wearing the EXACT same type of vest for over a year in armor in all conditions. A chest rig, or wearing your crap straight on the armor, is 'far' cooler for daily operations. There's simply less material covering you.

If you're in a t-shirt and pants, a mesh vest isn't so bad, but i still wouldn't pick one over the other rigs out there.

Big Bird
12-18-2012, 05:42
Tanks are definitely hotter. MOPP gear absolutely blows (been there, done that), sat in a completely sealed (overhead cover, solid steel) Humvee turret in full MOPP for about 10 hours in an Italian summer and just about passed out even draining canteens left and right.

My point is, the vest design covers more of you, period, and even in mesh, it's a heat trap. Speaking from experience wearing the EXACT same type of vest for over a year in armor in all conditions. A chest rig, or wearing your crap straight on the armor, is 'far' cooler for daily operations. There's simply less material covering you.

If you're in a t-shirt and pants, a mesh vest isn't so bad, but i still wouldn't pick one over the other rigs out there.

No arguments. You wear anything with body armor of any kind and its just going to be hot. No getting around it.

But the OP here wasn't interested in plates or plate carriers. He just wanted a vest recommendation.

mjkeat
12-18-2012, 13:45
No. And?

You ever sit in MOPP4 for a couple of hours or days in an armored vehicle? Sucking air through a rubber mask to boot?

The point is they are two different things. One does not compare to the other.

I would never attempt to give advice on armored vehicles outside up armored Humvee

And it's not only my experience. A good amount of men have shared this experience.

fnfalman
12-18-2012, 14:12
No. And?

Because old fogeys like me and you have never done anything in the military except looking cools.

Don't you know that only the youngsters have fought in wars, have done forced marches, ad infinitum?

MrMurphy
12-18-2012, 16:09
I don't try and tell my dad how Vietnam was, he racked up a pretty good amount of bad guys there apparently from what little I know, and the jungle is one place i never went.

I don't try and tell him how the Gulf War was either.

But his experiences in the Gulf War means he gets it and understands our war was not his.

Tanks are definitely heat traps, but running around (armor or not) in a LBV as opposed to a chest rig or plate carrier means you're definitely generating more heat in just about any enviroment (in winter, it's rather nice, otherwise.....they blow) and the weight-bearing capabilities of the mesh vests are not the greatest. They tend to sag in the wrong places.

Again, experience. Just trying to help him out. If this thread was about old school LBE, FNFalman would be the man, he wore it in at least one war I'm aware of. But it's not.

FireForged
12-18-2012, 22:31
Best molle/pals vest on the market (IMO) for the money is the Spec Ops over armor vest. I think the actually have it on sale $59 from $170. You can see a excellent review by nutnfancy on youtube. Not sure but I think specops offers a discount to his viewers.

MrMurphy
12-19-2012, 08:09
Nutnfancy's a retired KC-135 pilot.

When it comes to the Boeing 707 airframe and flying in circles, he's a minor god. When it comes to anything beyond that, he is just Joe The Common Citizen and has effectively no experience with a camera who talks too much.

The Spec Ops vest isn't too bad, it's more or less an upgraded FLC. Still has the common problem to all of them, heat retention and lack of support in the right places though over armor it's less an issue as that stiffens them up.

fnfalman
12-19-2012, 11:48
Again, experience. Just trying to help him out. If this thread was about old school LBE, FNFalman would be the man, he wore it in at least one war I'm aware of. But it's not.

You don't think that I've worn the 1990s LBV vest with second generation flak jacket while doing assault courses or humping the boondocks? That I and my peers didn't know or don't know what's it's like to be all covered up?

MrMurphy
12-19-2012, 18:13
I don't know when you got out FNFalman, you've never said.

I know the guys who went into Panama did so w/o armor.

The '90s LBV sucked giant donkey nuts, having worn it for a bit.