View Full Version : Streamlight TLR-1 on Sale

robhic
12-13-2012, 10:34
On sale at "@They whose name shall not be mentioned" and starts with a BO :

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z475/robhic/tlr1semail.jpg

Kentguy
12-13-2012, 16:54
Robhic,

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/711505/streamlight-tlr-1-tactical-illuminator-flashlight-white-led-fits-picatinny-or-glock-style-rails-aluminum-matte

Seems like this is on sale all over. I bought one several years ago... Great light!

ranger1968
12-13-2012, 16:59
Quarternaster Uniforms almost always has them at $99, and they often run a special where the order ships free AND you get 15% off;

I bought a TLR 1 from them about 6 months ago, and the final cost, SHIPPED, was $85.....

so check around, there are some good deals to be had.

KML
12-13-2012, 21:03
Quarternaster Uniforms almost always has them at $99, and they often run a special where the order ships free AND you get 15% off;

I bought a TLR 1 from them about 6 months ago, and the final cost, SHIPPED, was $85.....

so check around, there are some good deals to be had.

This
I have 2 ,got at different times both $85.

dpmd
12-13-2012, 22:06
Did a brief search on the Streamlight web site, but could not find any info on this new, higher output light. It must be a pre-sale. Regardless, I'll probably pick one up when they're actually available to be able to compare to my Surefire X300 Ultra. For my purposes, I have no problems with 'too much light.'

ranger1968
12-14-2012, 02:06
Did a brief search on the Streamlight web site, but could not find any info on this new, higher output light. It must be a pre-sale. Regardless, I'll probably pick one up when they're actually available to be able to compare to my Surefire X300 Ultra. For my purposes, I have no problems with 'too much light.'

In a side by side comparison, the Sure fire puts out more light... and at longer distances, it's noticeable; at closer distances, like those inside of buildings,between houses, and between vehicles on a traffic stop all standard weapon light uses, the difference is not noticeable....

The difference in light and usability does not even come close to justifying it's price tag, which is almost 3 times that of the TLR.

Both units are well made, very, very sturdy, and have a similar run time.

The TLR-1 already compares to the X300 in acutal utility; it just does it a lot cheaper.

boomhower
12-14-2012, 18:12
I've got the S version on my rifle, I like it a lot.

dpmd
12-17-2012, 11:51
In a side by side comparison, the Sure fire puts out more light... and at longer distances, it's noticeable; at closer distances, like those inside of buildings,between houses, and between vehicles on a traffic stop all standard weapon light uses, the difference is not noticeable....

The difference in light and usability does not even come close to justifying it's price tag, which is almost 3 times that of the TLR.

Both units are well made, very, very sturdy, and have a similar run time.

The TLR-1 already compares to the X300 in actual utility; it just does it a lot cheaper.

I currently have a TLR-1s, x300 and x300 Ultra. I understand the lumen/cost/durability difference between them all. I agree, the current TLR-1s ($99) is the better value compared to the original x300 ($192). Side by side with my x300 Ultra, not so much...especially considering I was fortunate to buy the SF for well below MSRP. However, the OP references a NEW 300 lumen TLR-1 for $109. That, IMHO is a more fair comparison to the x300U that costs only $209 (2:1, not 3:1).

Anyway, for me as Joe Civilian, it's more about the activation method. I prefer to run Streamlight on pistols and SF on rifles. YMMV