Doing it Right... Went BCM [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Doing it Right... Went BCM

ViennaGambit
12-13-2012, 21:30
Been going back and forth over-thinking and driving myself irrationally nuts over the past few months on which AR15 to pick up to be my "only one" since I sold my previous mix-matched build to a buddy...

The fact that this post-election has pretty much dried up a lot of sources has made it even more of a PITA.

With that said, finally came to the realization that I just need to do it right the first time so I never have to second guess myself - this I've decided is worth a premium. Add to that, I'll be a new father in a few months so I figure this is the last big thing I'll be buying myself for a while :supergrin:

So I decided to go big and go BCM.

Came across exactly what I was looking for in the complete 16" middie MOD-0 with MOE hand guards on grabagun and jumped on it since they are never in stock. When all is said and done I will be out $1,060 after shipping and FFL fees for a complete rifle minus the rear BUIS (have a magpul mbuis ready to slap on already).

Such a great price especially as it actually comes out being about $10 less than buying the exact parts separate and slapping a BCM together.

Going to keep it simple and add an old Surefire G2 with Malkoff drop-in I have, a Magpul vert grip and just need to figure out what type of sling I should go for - thinking Vickers Blue Force 2. Eventually I'll add a new stock, but dont mind the standard M4 stuff for now.

I don't want to come off as bragging, but I just havent been this excited for a new purchase since my first Glock - I'm pretty psyched!!! And made it just in time for the end of the world later this month :supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

Pics when I pick her up, but here is a stock photo for now - so sweet looking:
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm33/harry1922/m_spec_bcmmid16_mod0_zpscbdf37da.jpg

WoodenPlank
12-13-2012, 21:54
A BCM with shipping and FFL for less than a Colt at Wal-Mart?

Ya did just fine. Congrats on the purchase. I'm sure you'll be pleased. If you do have a problem, I have no doubt BCM will make it right.

ViennaGambit
12-13-2012, 22:04
A BCM with shipping and FFL for less than a Colt at Wal-Mart?

Ya did just fine. Congrats on the purchase. I'm sure you'll be pleased. If you do have a problem, I have no doubt BCM will make it right.

Thanks man! A good many of your posts helped make my decision easier since PSA was up for consideration...

Yeah it was a great price - last time I saw the carbine version in my LGS they wanted close to $1,250 before tax...

WoodenPlank
12-13-2012, 22:06
Thanks man! A good many of your posts helped make my decision easier since PSA was up for consideration...

Yeah it was a great price - last time I saw the carbine version in my LGS they wanted close to $1,250 before tax...

If you look back a couple pages, you'll see a thread I started titled "Well, crap..."

It covers my experience with BCM's customer service quite well. I might bump it to add that the new bolt functions flawlessly.

mgs
12-14-2012, 09:49
Very great choice over a Colt in my opinion. I like the middy.

pag23
12-14-2012, 10:08
I really like my mid length BCM and it a bit softer shooting than my M4 looklike. I would recommend the VTAC padded sling personally.

Congrats on the purchase.

bilkay
12-14-2012, 10:08
I got a similar deal on the same rifle at Cheaper Than Dirt a couple of months ago. It was $1029 before the FFL fee and shipping. I ended up spending $1060. Like you, I'm a very happy camper.

GlockN
12-14-2012, 16:52
You blew it! Shoulda bought a Colt. You live and you learn.... again!

Been going back and forth over-thinking and driving myself irrationally nuts over the past few months on which AR15 to pick up to be my "only one" since I sold my previous mix-matched build to a buddy...

The fact that this post-election has pretty much dried up a lot of sources has made it even more of a PITA.

With that said, finally came to the realization that I just need to do it right the first time so I never have to second guess myself - this I've decided is worth a premium. Add to that, I'll be a new father in a few months so I figure this is the last big thing I'll be buying myself for a while :supergrin:

So I decided to go big and go BCM.

Came across exactly what I was looking for in the complete 16" middie MOD-0 with MOE hand guards on grabagun and jumped on it since they are never in stock. When all is said and done I will be out $1,060 after shipping and FFL fees for a complete rifle minus the rear BUIS (have a magpul mbuis ready to slap on already).

Such a great price especially as it actually comes out being about $10 less than buying the exact parts separate and slapping a BCM together.

Going to keep it simple and add an old Surefire G2 with Malkoff drop-in I have, a Magpul vert grip and just need to figure out what type of sling I should go for - thinking Vickers Blue Force 2. Eventually I'll add a new stock, but dont mind the standard M4 stuff for now.

I don't want to come off as bragging, but I just havent been this excited for a new purchase since my first Glock - I'm pretty psyched!!! And made it just in time for the end of the world later this month :supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

Pics when I pick her up, but here is a stock photo for now - so sweet looking:
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm33/harry1922/m_spec_bcmmid16_mod0_zpscbdf37da.jpg

ViennaGambit
12-14-2012, 19:09
You blew it! Shoulda bought a Colt. You live and you learn.... again!

Nahhhh then I'd be stuck with a carbine gas system on a 16"er which just seems wrong to me :)

K.Kiser
12-14-2012, 19:10
Very nice weapon... I want to buy one pretty much just like it, but can't at the moment.. That's a grand well spent, and a firearm built to serve you well..

*ASH*
12-14-2012, 21:09
congrats , my DD says hi:wavey:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/KK_Koala/aimpoint.jpg

Ruggles
12-14-2012, 21:15
Great choice :) So many great choice in ARs and 1911s these days it is hard to choose sometimes.

Cole125
12-14-2012, 22:22
Great choice, congrats! :cool:

skew12
12-14-2012, 22:41
Good deal. BCM's are great rifles.

MrVvrroomm
12-15-2012, 08:39
You did well, congrats!

LA_357SIG
12-17-2012, 20:25
Lol. Me too. I recently ordered a standard BCM 11.5" upper after debating between DD and Spike's CHF uppers. This has to be the first time BCM had something In Stock when my usual vendors did not.

Like I always say, "When in doubt, buy from BCM."

ViennaGambit
12-17-2012, 20:46
Lol. Me too. I recently ordered a standard BCM 11.5" upper after debating between DD and Spike's CHF uppers. This has to be the first time BCM had something In Stock when my usual vendors did not.

Like I always say, "When in doubt, buy from BCM."

Sweet man - enjoy it! Yeah I just my shipping notice today, but they are sending it to the wrong FFL! Have to call them tomorrow and see what they can do - the other FFL is just down the road, but they charge $45 for a transfer as opposed to my guy who does $20. I hope the error is made right, even if its just a $15 difference :whistling:

Seems that timing is everything and in light of recent events, I think we were pretty damn lucky that we got in before the panic buying started. Went into my lgs today and it was packed - I watched a guy literally buy a sig AR and then 4 complete RRA lowers. Unbelievable.

Screw gold as an investment.

wingryder
12-17-2012, 21:37
Great Choice! I loved my RECCE 16... that is until the boating accident.:whistling:

ViennaGambit
12-17-2012, 21:52
Great Choice! I loved my RECCE 16... that is until the boating accident.:whistling:

I heard the finish BCM uses fairs pretty well against ocean spray? I'm actually taking mine on the boat this weekend, along with a few of my Glocks - can't wait!

What can go wrong?

WoodenPlank
12-17-2012, 22:12
I heard the finish BCM uses fairs pretty well against ocean spray? I'm actually taking mine on the boat this weekend, along with a few of my Glocks - can't wait!

What can go wrong?

:rofl:

ViennaGambit
12-20-2012, 22:25
UPDATE:

Picked her up today - holy **** what a gorgeous rifle. I also can't believe the timing and just how lucky I was to snag this last thursday in light of everything that's happened as a result of Friday. Im one lucky bastard.

The gun store shelves were literally empty and I had 2 guys make me offers before I could even get my paperwork done.

Obligatory pic of my new toy - all I needed to add was the BUIS - came with everything else from BCM - magpul moe hand guard, trigger guard and BCM gunfighter grip:

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm33/harry1922/20121220_210834_zps2fba279a.jpg

RYNOCG201
12-20-2012, 22:48
Congrats! Nice snag

mgs
12-21-2012, 06:58
Awesome.....I'd go with a Magpul stock to improve her a bit.

GSSF17
12-21-2012, 07:25
Awesome rifle. Congrats :thumbsup:

ViennaGambit
12-21-2012, 18:40
Thanks guys - took it shooting today and I can say is wow. Shoots as good as she looks.

To make things even greater, my LGS was having a sale on AR stuff and I picked up a Magpul CTR for $55 and a Vickers padded VCAS sling for $35.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm33/harry1922/file_zpse3c0797d.jpg

mgs
12-21-2012, 18:50
Now your cooking! Awesome setup!

chuckz28
12-21-2012, 19:05
I've gotta say BCM is a fantastic company. I've always heard good things like this but experienced it myself first hand this week. Ordered a barrel two days ago and got from UPS today. Super fast and well packaged. I was surprised to see they sent me a free hat as well! The barrel itself looks flawless too. Super happy with BCM. I'm looking forward to future business with them for sure.

S. Kelly
12-27-2012, 00:40
Nice AR! Over the past 12-14 months, I picked up a BCM blemished lower and a BCM blemished A3 lower with rifle stock. Next, I added a BCM 16 inch M4 complete upper and a BCM 20 in GB complete upper. I added about 20 P Mags along the way, left them new in the package. Now I have a 16 inch M4gery and a 20 inch rifle, both hard use guns and plenty of mags.

Funny thing, every time I came into some cash (sold off at a profit crap I didn't need or use in 10 years), I put it aside and when I had enough, bought what I could. I went BCM for their reputation. Only thing I didn't get was 2 spare BCGs, I ran out of spare cash. I kept thinking that this Administration would pull something and I always kicked my ass for not doing something back in '93. Guess I was ahead of the curve this time, for once.

gbanker
12-27-2012, 01:50
I waited too long to decide which upper to get. Now BCM is completely out of uppers, with no eta on restocking them. I'm worried that I may be waiting a long long time!

venenoindy
12-27-2012, 21:26
I just went through the same thing, I had mutt that I sold to a friend of mine but the timing couldn't be any worst. I was looking at rifles theThursday before the tragedy happen but did not made my mind that day (what a big mistake), in the end I located a rifle just like yours and can not wait until I have it in my hands. I talk to several people because I could not decide between Colt and BCM but I decided to go with the exact same rifle that you have and I couldn't be happier.