26 States Decline ObamaCare Exchange; 'Administrative Nightmare' Seen [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 26 States Decline ObamaCare Exchange; 'Administrative Nightmare' Seen

snerd
12-14-2012, 18:11
The federal government will likely be involved in running the ObamaCare exchange in at least 30 states, 26 of which expressly declined to establish state exchanges. One health-policy expert refers to it as an "administrative nightmare" for the Department of Health and Human Services.
Read More At IBD: http://news.investors.com/121412-637171-26-states-decline-obamacare-exchange-administrative-nightmare-seen.aspx#ixzz2F4h0xhAb

This is going to be a cluster****.

janice6
12-14-2012, 18:13
More control. What the Government wants. It means more money.

stevelyn
12-14-2012, 18:59
One health-policy expert refers to it as an "administrative nightmare" for the Department of Health and Human Services.

Good. The more of a goat-rope it becomes, the better it's chances at failing.

engineer151515
12-14-2012, 19:10
The Democrats wanted it. They got it.

Since when have the Feds shied away from bloated, inefficient, expensive bureaucracy?

engineer151515
12-14-2012, 19:10
The Democrats wanted it. They got it.

Since when have the Feds shied away from bloated, inefficient, expensive bureaucracy?

ken grant
12-14-2012, 19:19
The goal of the healthcare law is for the Feds to take over the control of all healthcare.

These states are just playing into the Feds goal.

Single payer, Fed control is what the law wants.

Gunnut 45/454
12-15-2012, 11:22
The problem is the Feds can't do it as the law specifically says they are not funded to do it! It's the last chance we have of getting rid of it! The people said we didn't want it and it was Unconstitutional the SCOTUS changed it to make Constitutional- in the ruling that in itself was Unconstitutional. Cause as worded in the law it wasn't a tax it was a penalty! Now the States are saying no you wanted this BS you run it cause we can't afford it! Now the Feds have two choices let it fold under it own weight or go back and change the law to allow funding! That means they have to vote in the House to change the law! So we can force through Repeal!:supergrin:

pugman
12-15-2012, 11:53
The goal of the healthcare law is for the Feds to take over the control of all healthcare.

These states are just playing into the Feds goal.

Single payer, Fed control is what the law wants.

And we have a winner.

Remember, when Obamacare was originally discussed and proposed the goal was a single payer system much like Medicare.

I work for the largest healthcare insurance provider in the country. Realistically, behind closed doors the big boys (United, the Blues, Cigna and Aetna) have discussed a single payer is nearly impossible at this stage of the game - 3-4 maybe. This isn't to say ten years down the road it might finally be down to one.

And of course you ARE going to get pushback from hospitals and physicans. Remember, for the first two years Obamacare reimburses at MedicCARE rates - then it goes to MedicAID rates. There is a reason Medicaid is considered the payer of last resort.

I wish I could find the model which showed how this would work...it set up tens if not hundreds of additonal federal agencies and the crossowalk gave me a headache even looking at it.

sbhaven
12-15-2012, 12:01
I wish I could find the model which showed how this would work...it set up tens if not hundreds of additonal federal agencies and the crossowalk gave me a headache even looking at it.
The Obamacare organizational chart....
http://cfp.canadafreepress.com/ObamacareChart_PhotoGallery.jpg

G29Reload
12-15-2012, 12:32
Read More At IBD: http://news.investors.com/121412-637171-26-states-decline-obamacare-exchange-administrative-nightmare-seen.aspx#ixzz2F4h0xhAb

This is going to be a cluster****.

Good!

This might actually be the end of it.

The R's were outnumbered and couldn't stop it.
Roberts went full on retart and wouldn't stop it.
An electorate with critical thinking fail wouldn't unelect it.

So it may end up destroying itself. Created to be unworkable due to dem stupidity and pollyanna-ish wishing the world were perfect, they run up against logistics and arithmetic. Serves the idiots right.