Will a "Mothers Against Guns" be the next M.A.D.D.? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Will a "Mothers Against Guns" be the next M.A.D.D.?

RussP
12-16-2012, 10:19
Just watching Face the Nation and heard one panelist, maybe the guy from Brady, say that is what's needed, a grass roots group like M.A.D.D. to energize the public against guns.

sheriff733
12-16-2012, 10:39
I can see it now.

MAG license plates.

:puking:

fx77
12-16-2012, 12:06
And MADD has done such wonders...

steveksux
12-16-2012, 12:56
Just watching Face the Nation and heard one panelist, maybe the guy from Brady, say that is what's needed, a grass roots group like M.A.D.D. to energize the public against guns.That goes to show the mindset of the Brady folks.

Personally, I'm not too worried about that.

I don't see a significant number of people passionately in favor of the right to drive drunk, or a group of folks who are convinced that just in case they happen to get in an accident, they should be allowed to be drunk while they drive to have a better chance of surviving... :supergrin:

It's kind of interesting to me that they see a parallel there, that they see that as potentially being in the same ballpark as drunk drivers. But they figure they're on a mission from God to save us from ourselves I suppose...

I think they need to reexamine the issue, or try to convince MADD to oppose driving entirely rather than just when drunk if they want them to be equivalent... :rofl:

Randy

pugman
12-16-2012, 13:07
Its a natural reaction.

I can't even begin to try to understand the pain and suffering the parents of the victims of the CT shooting feel.

Just like Virginia Tech...and Columbine and the shootings in Colorado

If every firearm somehow disappeared tomorrow does anyone really think this type of violence will stop? Of course not - firearms are just the most convenient way of doing it quickly.

I pose this serious question to people - most are too emotional and can't think about it in a calm matter.

What if we readopted the ways of the wild west? Everyone who wants to open carry is armed all the time? Employers can't stop it...its legal in school zones with the proper permits, etc.

Would the nutjob in Colorado have walked into a theater knowing half or more of the people are armed?

Yes, I anticipate more one on one murders. Yes, I expect friendly fire in situations to occur. Would it stop this though?

Cavalry Doc
12-16-2012, 13:30
If every firearm somehow disappeared tomorrow does anyone really think this type of violence will stop? Of course not - firearms are just the most convenient way of doing it quickly.

All of the firearms will not disappear. That is truly impossible. The vast majority of the LEGAL firearms could disappear, as has happened in Britain and Australia.

It's interesting to watch people's faces when you explain to them that a ban will never work, because it's been tried, and gun violence actually goes up when fewer people have guns.

Pandora's box has been opened, you cannot remove weapons from the United States.

randrew379
12-16-2012, 13:42
And MADD has done such wonders...

Well, they were instrumental in getting that great on champion of civil liberty, Ronald Reagan, to strip away the rights of 18-20 year old adults.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

hammerkill
12-16-2012, 13:47
Heard some guy talking today about the second amendment when we were at the resturant. He said "nobody needed an automatic rifle, All you need is a hunting gun and a gun for your home" I bit my tongue. I'm afraid the average american is an idiot.

GRIMLET
12-16-2012, 13:52
They tried that already.
Remember the MILLION MOM MARCH a few years ago with Rosie?
It failed.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

ArtificialGrape
12-16-2012, 14:13
Mothers Against Guns would be more equivalent to Mothers Against Cars.

Drunk driving did not inspire an emotional reaction to ban cars. MADD is rightfully against the behavior -- drunk driving. The equivalent would be MASS -- Mothers Against School Shootings.

Of course that's not to say the blame won't be laid squarely on the tool -- guns.

-ArtificialGrape