Clackamas Mall Shooting Rampage stopped by CCW Good Guy [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Clackamas Mall Shooting Rampage stopped by CCW Good Guy

Cavalry Doc
12-16-2012, 13:49
See Links in post in the survival forum by LongGun1

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1457963

Didn't want to steal longGun1's thunder, but also thought it would be nice to talk about a good guy with a gun for a while.

DonGlock26
12-16-2012, 14:40
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee79/seovice/Top-Secret.jpg

http://www.kgw.com/news/Clackamas-man-armed-confronts-mall-shooter-183593571.html

Guys, please post this on every forum that you can. The media needs to be held accountable for deception by omission.

steveksux
12-16-2012, 15:30
Interesting if it turns out to be true. Weren't there news stories about some guy that claimed to ride one of the twin towers down as it collapsed?

Some people are not above exaggerating to get 15 minutes of fame.

Randy

Cavalry Doc
12-16-2012, 15:49
Interesting if it turns out to be true. Weren't there news stories about some guy that claimed to ride one of the twin towers down as it collapsed?

Some people are not above exaggerating to get 15 minutes of fame.

Randy

Steve,

Read the story, watch the video. I know it may not fit your agenda or your problem's with me telling you that atheism is a religion, but look at the situation as it is.

Prima Facie, a guy with an AR in a crowded mall kills 2, then himself. Doesn't that body count seem a bit low to you?

The truth is what it is, let it be.

steveksux
12-16-2012, 16:26
Steve,

Read the story, watch the video. I know it may not fit your agenda or your problem's with me telling you that atheism is a religion, but look at the situation as it is.

Prima Facie, a guy with an AR in a crowded mall kills 2, then himself. Doesn't that body count seem a bit low to you?

The truth is what it is, let it be.The truth? Too many early reports turn out to be false to take anything at face value this soon.

You're far too quick to believe things simply because you want them to be true. The mere sight of a CCWer who doesn't even take a shot compels a crazed gunman to slink off and take his own life. Seems a little too convenient. I'll wait to see if that report stands the test of time.

Your other delusions are of no relevance to this topic.

Randy

Cavalry Doc
12-16-2012, 16:30
Some Pansy's retreat when force shows up.

Let it play out, if its false, and you can show it is false, I'll welcome the truth.

Right now, it's you who is providing the contrarian narrative without any supporting evidence.

steveksux
12-16-2012, 16:37
Some Pansy's retreat when force shows up.

Let it play out, if its false, and you can show it is false, I'll welcome the truth.

Right now, it's you who is providing the contrarian narrative without any supporting evidence.Since you welcome the truth, please do show where I said it was false.

Being one to welcome the truth, I'm sure you'll be the first to admit your mistake, rather than drawing out the thread to hundreds of pages to avoid doing so.

Randy

countrygun
12-16-2012, 16:37
The truth? Too many early reports turn out to be false to take anything at face value this soon.

You're far too quick to believe things simply because you want them to be true. The mere sight of a CCWer who doesn't even take a shot compels a crazed gunman to slink off and take his own life. Seems a little too convenient. I'll wait to see if that report stands the test of time.

Your other delusions are of no relevance to this topic.

Randy

You need to fill yourself in on the psychology of these folks. They are cowards by their very nature. They often cannot deal with others on a normal and equal level, They have their "moment of superior power" when the commit these awful crimes. Like a bully they cannot face the moment when they are no longer the ultimate power in the room. That is why they often end it in suicide, while it is still in their power to end their lives. They don't want their own death to be an extension of someone else's power over them. they want even that to be under their control.

Cavalry Doc
12-16-2012, 17:07
Since you welcome the truth, please do show where I said it was false.

Being one to welcome the truth, I'm sure you'll be the first to admit your mistake, rather than drawing out the thread to hundreds of pages to avoid doing so.

Randy

Steve, still the never ending tap dancer. You clearly intended to imply as much.

read it all slowly next time, or better yet, go ask an honest and intelligent friend to explain it to you.

steveksux
12-16-2012, 17:35
You need to fill yourself in on the psychology of these folks. They are cowards by their very nature. They often cannot deal with others on a normal and equal level, They have their "moment of superior power" when the commit these awful crimes. Like a bully they cannot face the moment when they are no longer the ultimate power in the room. That is why they often end it in suicide, while it is still in their power to end their lives. They don't want their own death to be an extension of someone else's power over them. they want even that to be under their control.I'm aware of this.
Doesn't change the fact that people also make stuff up to get glory in cases like this. Maybe its true, maybe not. As I said, maybe time will tell. It just seems too good to be true. I tend to be skeptical by nature.

He was lining up the sights on the guys head, but didn't fire on the guy because he saw people in the background. Doesn't think to take a knee so the bullet trajectory for that head shot goes above anyone in the background? Doesn't think to move laterally to try to clear the background? The guys trying to clear a jam and he decides not to engage? People are really still standing around after he's already fired some shots to be in the background, they haven't either hit the ground or bugged out already and are still hanging around as the guy tries to clear his weapon? I'm far from a super secret ninja squirrel, but that seems like the wrong time to retreat for the CCWer. I read in one article that something like 60 shots were fired. Just happened to shoot 59 rounds, saw the CCWer while his gun was jammed, and after the CCWer retreated, he went somewhere cleared the jam and offed himself rather than continuing? Sounds like wishful thinking on the part of the CCWer, who does talk like its just speculation on his part. Seems more likely the CCWer encountered the guy in another part of the spree to me anyway.

The guy talks a good game, knows the terminology, indexing and whatnot. Doesn't sound like the mindset of someone in the military. Where'd he learn to talk the talk? He's worked at that mall as mall security, is now at another mall working security, wants to be a cop.
Has he made a sworn statement to the police? They'd be interested in any eyewitness accounts to piece together what happened. Of course, they'd also have access to security video that would "corroborate" his story.

I may be overly skeptical in this case. Generally speaking I find I'm not skeptical enough. I'm not saying its impossible. I'm not even sure what number to give you if you ask me how unlikely I think it is. Slight whiff of mall ninja to me though.

I just don't tend to be more likely to believe something simply because I'd love for it to be true. It'd make a great compelling case against any sort of gun ownership or carry bans, no question. If anything I tend to be MORE skeptical of stuff I'd like to be true because I figure I'm biased and more likely to miss the flaws cause I'm not looking hard enough.

Randy

blkpag1
12-16-2012, 17:36
If true, this just goes to support the fact that it does not matter if someone really is armed, just the potential that there will be resistance makes these cowards fold.

steveksux
12-16-2012, 17:39
Steve, still the never ending tap dancer. You clearly intended to imply as much.

read it all slowly next time, or better yet, go ask an honest and intelligent friend to explain it to you.

Here's you go, from Merriam-Webster, your favorite.

IF (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/if)

Perhaps once you familiarize yourself with the meaning of IF, you can explain how certainty, being the antonym of the uncertainty implied by the word IF, could in fact imply that IF implies certainty. Being the consummate tap dancer with antonyms that you are, it should be easy.

It would be refreshing if you'd stop trolling and be truthful for once however.

Randy

cowboy1964
12-16-2012, 19:08
Too bad the CCWer couldn't have actually put a few rounds into the creep. Then it WOULD have made the MSM.