Reassuring my opinion that football fans are the biggest idiots ever... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Reassuring my opinion that football fans are the biggest idiots ever...

Gunhaver
12-17-2012, 00:20
Hoooo boy, don't you dare let that n***** interrupt my football game with comments on a national tragedy!

http://deadspin.com/5968935/take-that-******-off-the-tv-we-wanna-watch-football-idiots-respond-to-nbc-pre+empting-sunday-night-football

The Machinist
12-17-2012, 06:42
http://dancingczars.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/thats-racist.gif

DustyJacket
12-17-2012, 07:51
While I disagree with the words used in those tweets, they could have replayed a mostly political speach during halftime, couldn't they?

Or tape-delayed the rest of the first half and caught up during halftime.

[no. I was not watching the game.]

certifiedfunds
12-17-2012, 09:07
It isn't necessary to interrupt a football game so that this president can exploit the deaths of those children for political gain.

ArtificialGrape
12-17-2012, 10:11
Their anger towards the President seems a bit misdirected since it was the network that made the decision of if/when to air it.

As far as the comments in the article, they are certainly not representative of all or even the majority of football fans, so it's ridiculous to extrapolate their behavior across all football fans.

-ArtificialGrape

gwalchmai
12-17-2012, 10:43
I think Clinton's fake crying was far better than Hussein's. And at least with Clinton we had fun, nekkid (if scary looking) wimmen, and a good economy.

Don't it always seem to go...

certifiedfunds
12-17-2012, 10:48
Their anger towards the President seems a bit misdirected since it was the network that made the decision of if/when to air it.

As far as the comments in the article, they are certainly not representative of all or even the majority of football fans, so it's ridiculous to extrapolate their behavior across all football fans.

-ArtificialGrape

Paleeze.........

G29Reload
12-17-2012, 11:06
It isn't necessary to interrupt a football game so that this president can exploit the deaths of those children for political gain.

Especially when there are more than enough news channels to cover such things for those who want to hear it.

I was furious. It was a great football game.

While the tragedy was compellling the endless baww and churchbells the whole weekend long had me turning off media because its just unwatchable.

Reporters asking obvious questions with even more obvious answers,

constant error correction and updating from reporters who reported bad information to begin with because theyre incompetent,

constant recycling stock footage,

melodramatic background music,

canned statements providing no information and

Idiot politicians making pronouncments about irellevant social policy that doesnt work anyway.

The last thing i needed to hear was platitudes from an idiot president who is expert in nothing.

muscogee
12-17-2012, 12:30
Tell me one more time that the far right isn't racists. One more time in unison, "It isn't his race, it's his politics". Just be honest and admit it for a change.

gwalchmai
12-17-2012, 12:35
Tell me one more time that the far right isn't racists. One more time in unison, "It isn't his race, it's his politics". Just be honest and admit it for a change.Who is "the far right"? Do football fans represent "the far right"?

Do rap fans represent "the far left"? Because rap fans seem pretty racist to me...

certifiedfunds
12-17-2012, 12:40
Tell me one more time that the far right isn't racists. One more time in unison, "It isn't his race, it's his politics". Just be honest and admit it for a change.

What makes you assume those comments are from the right? After all it's the left that wants to kill unborn babies of color.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

ChuteTheMall
12-17-2012, 12:41
There are a couple of idiots in this thread who voted for Obama.

:steamed:

Gundude
12-17-2012, 14:02
I would submit that judging an entire class of people by some twitter postings speaks more to one's intelligence than enjoying a sport that is actually a very compelling mix of delicate strategy and brute force.

Fortunately, I start DVR'ing every game about an hour before I start watching it so I can skip commercials and halftime BS. I was able to skip Obama's speech, but I was moderately pissed at his intrusion as well (definitely would've been a lot more pissed if I had to watch it).

If this grieving was anything other than political theater, I would be fine with it. But it's not.

Feeling for the families of the murdered children and needing to endlessly wax political about it are two very different things. One can feel bad about it and not have to tell everybody every waking minute that they feel bad about it.

Gundude
12-17-2012, 14:13
Plus, I think everybody's missing the humor in this particular tweet:Why is there a black guy on TV while I'm watching an NFL game?!?!?! :rofl:

Oh, I forgot. Laughing is such an insensitive thing to do in the wake of a national tragedy. Let's all be miserable so we can prove how caring we are.

elsielover
12-17-2012, 14:28
. I was able to skip Obama's speech...

If this grieving was anything other than political theater, I would be fine with it.

Having skipped the President's speech, you're still able to characterize it as political theater. With all respect, I don't sense much intellectual rigour in your statements.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

ChuteTheMall
12-17-2012, 14:36
Having skipped the President's speech, you're still able to characterize it as political theater. With all respect, I don't sense much intellectual rigour in your statements.

Oh look, two Obamatrons are squabbling!!!:aodnsb:

Gundude
12-17-2012, 14:38

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)Right, it's dumb of me to assume he'd give a self-serving, phony speech. After all it's not like I've had any time to get a glimpse of the man's character yet...

Gundude
12-17-2012, 14:41
Oh look, two Obamatrons are squabbling!!!:aodnsb:Oh, look, another guy who has no idea what he's talking about! Romney win that election yet?

Bren
12-17-2012, 14:42
http://dancingczars.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/thats-racist.gif

Gunhaver is a liberal - his beliefs are so inherently racist that he probably doesn't even realize it's racism, since they are careful not to use "bad" words for it.

Bren
12-17-2012, 14:43

I guarantee you, they are no more racist, and probably much less so, than those who voted for him. And what makes you think those comments were from the far right white people - did you look at the associated pictures? Not all white people - maybe why they feel so free with the "N-word." Going down the list, the first guy I'm not too sure about, the 4th and 5th don't look like white folks and the 6th is clearly black.

gwalchmai
12-17-2012, 14:44
Having skipped the President's speech, you're still able to characterize it as political theater. With all respect, I don't sense much intellectual rigour in your statements.[/URL]I saw it and I think it was political theater.