Post for my gun banning FB friends. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Post for my gun banning FB friends.

Gunhaver
12-17-2012, 07:59
This started as a post here and then I expanded it for some FB twerps bleating on about more gun laws.

"We are all screwed and here's why. We are all so collectively narcissistic that we have this crazy idea that personal choices and alternate lifestyles which only harm those looking to be offended that day can be voted on by everyone that won't be affected.

So we argue about it with each other and make lame excuses why my vices and lifestyle are right and yours are wrong and watch confusedly while our collective freedoms are eaten away from both ends by the politicians, lawyers and courts we throw at each other with the certainty that we are right and they are wrong and the world should suffer the consequences of my particular freedoms, but not their's.

If millions of babies die from abortion every year then that's acceptable because of a woman't absolute domain over her body and I argue for that right even though I'll never have to make that choice. If millions are killed by alcohol and drugs in autos, industrial and home accidents and domestic disputes then that's acceptable because of an adult's right to choose what they put into their own bodies and I argue for that right even though I can't stand the taste of alcohol or how it makes most people act. If millions are killed in non-drug related auto and motorcycle accidents then that's acceptable because of a person's right to own a vehicle that goes 2 or 3 times the highest speed limit in the country and I argue for that right even though I only drive a V6 4 door Malibu. If millions have to suffer the indignity of seeing the government recognize gay people as equals in marriage contracts then that's acceptable because of gay people's right to be treated equally by a government that they pay a proportionally larger amount of taxes into. I argue for that right even though I'm not gay and am not particularly fond of marriage.

Those are all rights that I'll never use so why should I care if they go away? Those are my leftist friends rights. I don't need a single one of them but I back them up every time simply because I can see that the opposition is motivated by fear and ignorance and are flat ****ing wrong on every one of those issues. And I do so enjoy setting them straight. But now it's your turn.

Ohhhhh, but this gun thing... That's another thing entirely. That's my baby. You just don't mess with my high capacity Glock magazines or my automatic rifle's evil black looks. That's something I hold as dear as you hold your uterus, your street bike, your bottle of hooch or your legal gay marriage.

So now I'm faced with the very real probability of having to turn my back on all this good work I've done for the left and heading back over to The Darkside from which I came. Back to voting straight republican tickets in every election just to ensure gun rights because so many Democrats can't acknowledge them even with a firm pro-2A SCOTUS decision on record. Back to pointing out, talking about, posting about and commenting about leftist stupidity, ineptitude and hypocrisy much more than I point it out on the right .

Why?

Because I'm just like you. My rights mean more to me than your rights do. I mean, you people have me thinking I maybe should have voted for Romney instead of Obama for Christ's sake (not that it would have made a bit of difference). That how bad this gun control idiocy is getting.

Gun control is the left's rape. It's that thing that you should never open your mouths about because you're ignorant to the facts and you sound like imbeciles to everyone who knows better. Keep it up fellas and we'll be looking at Santorum/Palin 2016 and the hysteria over the reactionary gun bans that everybody's been predicting will push them straight into office.

series1811
12-17-2012, 08:04
The rantings of a liberal. Thanks, we didn't need that.

Gunhaver
12-17-2012, 08:41
This just in...

Or I could remember what exclusionary D-bags that dark side can be and give up on this gun thing altogether. Maybe move to Seattle and grow pot.

I mean, it's not like they'll ever get on board with personal freedoms or anything. Who am I kidding?

Decisions....

evlbruce
12-17-2012, 09:04
Frankly I think this pot legalization will be short lived. It will sooner or later become common knowledge that smoking pot is bad for your health and the nanny-statists will ban it on the grounds of public health.

certifiedfunds
12-17-2012, 09:04
Seeing a Marxist Progressive who wants to enslave others into a life of oppressive taxation, debt and compel them to pay for another's healthcare...talk about rights and freedoms is just too much.

W420Hunter
12-17-2012, 09:26
Frankly I think this pot legalization will be short lived. It will sooner or later become common knowledge that smoking pot is bad for your health and the nanny-statists will ban it on the grounds of public health.

But your argument to be used for alcohol and cigarettes, you see those being banned in the near future?

evlbruce
12-17-2012, 09:28
But your argument to be used for alcohol and cigarettes, you see those being banned in the near future?

Yes, along with soda bans and trans-fat bans.

Gunnut 45/454
12-17-2012, 13:05
evlbruce
Proven fact MJ smoking is way worse then Tobacco! But I digress. The OP is feeling regret in his life choices! Maybe he'll come to the realization the Libertard life isn't for him. It is a selfdistructive lifestyle!:rofl:

randrew379
12-17-2012, 13:23
evlbruce
Proven fact MJ smoking is way worse then Tobacco! But I digress. The OP is feeling regret in his life choices! Maybe he'll come to the realization the Libertard life isn't for him. It is a selfdistructive lifestyle!:rofl:

Wrong. Where do you get your facts?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Berto
12-17-2012, 13:30
Awesome thread.

certifiedfunds
12-17-2012, 13:33
Awesome thread.

Yes. There is an influcks of stupidity

Berto
12-17-2012, 13:38
Yes. There is an influcks of stupidity

Irrisputibly.

" The people I voted for are trying to take my freedoms, I'm pissed!!"

Gunnut 45/454
12-17-2012, 13:43
randrew379
Look at the FDA site and many other Federal reports on it! Do your own research since you adiment it's not true! Hell ask your Doctor!! Proven fact THC has long term detrimental effects on the brain as well. Denial is always the case of users! As a user did you lie when buying your firearms on the 4473? Remember it's a felony to lie on the form!:whistling: Cause being a habitual user is a disqualifier!:faint:

W420Hunter
12-17-2012, 13:45
evlbruce

I would really like to see your evidence on this.

W420Hunter
12-17-2012, 13:50
randrew379
Look at the FDA site and many other Federal reports on it! Do your own research since you adiment it's not true! Hell ask your Doctor!! Proven fact THC has long term detrimental effects on the brain as well. Denial is always the case of users! As a user did you lie when buying your firearms on the 4473? Remember it's a felony to lie on the form!:whistling: Cause being a habitual user is a disqualifier!:faint:

so asking for proof is denile? You make me so many assumptions in this is not even funny. And it doesn't say habitual user it says addicted.

certifiedfunds
12-17-2012, 14:18
randrew379

According to the CDC 443,000 people die from smoking tobacco every year.

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/health_effects/tobacco_related_mortality/

How many people die each year from smoking marijuana? I can't find it.

And screw the 4473

Glock30Eric
12-17-2012, 14:25
I would simply respond to those gun-haters, "Good luck while you are waiting for an officer to save you. The officers normally show up to the scene about 10 to 15 minutes." That should make them to think harder. If they couldn't understand that comment then God help them.

Gunhaver
12-17-2012, 14:56
Seeing a Marxist Progressive who wants to enslave others into a life of oppressive taxation, debt and compel them to pay for another's healthcare...talk about rights and freedoms is just too much.

I get it. You don't want any help from anybody that doesn't agree 100% with you. That's fine. List your beliefs. Find all the people that think exactly like you. Form a coalition and see how far all 1000 of you get.

It's guys just like you and Series that pushed me over to the left in the first place. Always there to take any opportunity to chastise someone for how they differ from you. Enjoy the coming ban. It's probably the only thing that will mobilize you twerps to win another presidential election.

Bren
12-17-2012, 15:07
The rantings of a liberal. Thanks, we didn't need that.

Sad when the liberal is hanging out so far to the left, he thinks he's the pro-gun voice. I wonder if he knows Robert "the American press is controlled by the right wing" Kennedy, Jr.

certifiedfunds
12-17-2012, 15:13
I get it. You don't want any help from anybody that doesn't agree 100% with you. That's fine. List your beliefs. Find all the people that think exactly like you. Form a coalition and see how far all 1000 of you get.

It's guys just like you and Series that pushed me over to the left in the first place. Always there to take any opportunity to chastise someone for how they differ from you. Enjoy the coming ban. It's probably the only thing that will mobilize you twerps to win another presidential election.

I don't chastise you for being different. I chastise you for believing that you have a right to stick your hand in my pocket and take whatever you want. Now, your politicians are sticking their hands in again and taking out my gun.

You can't support a big, powerful, collectivist state and not expect that at some point your guns will draw the ire of the collectivists.

Every Marxist government made private gun ownership illegal. That's you folks. YOU may personally like guns but you fail to understand how the balance of your political philosophy contradicts that.

GAFinch
12-17-2012, 15:31
You've been programmed to support things you don't believe in just so you can tell yourself that you're a good person. Snap out of it. Why are you supporting politicians who want to ban guns. Why do you think they want to ban them, despite having full knowledge of how ineffective bans are towards crime? If you can put feelings aside and honestly answer that question, you'll realize that you're supporting some truly bad people.

Blast
12-17-2012, 15:35
http://www.zgeek.com/forum/gallery/files/1/7/9/1/0/i_like_where_thread_going3.jpg

Chronos
12-17-2012, 15:39
We are all screwed and here's why. We are all so collectively narcissistic that we have this crazy idea that personal choices and alternate lifestyles which only harm those looking to be offended that day can be voted on by everyone that won't be affected.

You're right. In a word, we're screwed by the narcissistic core of democracy. You're about to see just how bad it can get -- not just in relation to gun rights, but in the economy as well.

Gundude
12-17-2012, 15:42
You've been programmed to support things you don't believe in just so you can tell yourself that you're a good person. Snap out of it. Why are you supporting politicians who want to ban guns. Why do you think they want to ban them, despite having full knowledge of how ineffective bans are towards crime? If you can put feelings aside and honestly answer that question, you'll realize that you're supporting some truly bad people.It's not always that simple. A lot of people here supported Romney and he wants to ban guns. Those who deluded themselves into believing he didn't were also the same people who deluded themselves into believing he was winning. There were others who understood he was a gun-banner, yet still supported him because he was "less evil" on other issues.

Self-delusion and pragmatism. Two very different motivations, but both making somebody support a politician who is a gun-grabber, and neither making somebody a particularly bad person.

Gunnut 45/454
12-17-2012, 21:03
certifiedfunds
Well the CDC would track it if MJ was legal. Since in 99% of the country it isn't legal they don't track it! Just like they don't track Heroine deaths etc. Like I said go ask your doctor how bad it is for you. Show me the medical eveidence that it isn't bad for you. Show me the medically accredited study- not one from Stoner U either. Nice to see your all for following the law so much for all gunowners being law abiding folks - great ammo for the anti's there bud! So your all for lying when buying firearms!:faint:

certifiedfunds
12-18-2012, 08:03
certifiedfunds
Well the CDC would track it if MJ was legal. Since in 99% of the country it isn't legal they don't track it! Just like they don't track Heroine deaths etc. Like I said go ask your doctor how bad it is for you. Show me the medical eveidence that it isn't bad for you. Show me the medically accredited study- not one from Stoner U either. Nice to see your all for following the law so much for all gunowners being law abiding folks - great ammo for the anti's there bud! So your all for lying when buying firearms!:faint:

http://www.cdc.gov/homeandrecreationalsafety/pdf/poison-issue-brief.pdf

http://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2011/p1101_flu_pain_killer_overdose.html

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db81.pdf

Funny. They track deaths from other illegal narcotics but not marijuana.

You challenge me to show you a medically accredited study showing marijuana is not bad for you. Show me one that says it is.

As for the 4473 - Its nice to see you coming down on the side of the Brady Bunch with background checks. Besides, no 4473 required for private handgun purchases.

" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed, unless they lie about using cannabis on government form 4473"

Like that?

series1811
12-18-2012, 10:12
http://www.cdc.gov/homeandrecreationalsafety/pdf/poison-issue-brief.pdf

http://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2011/p1101_flu_pain_killer_overdose.html

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db81.pdf

Funny. They track deaths from other illegal narcotics but not marijuana.

You challenge me to show you a medically accredited study showing marijuana is not bad for you. Show me one that says it is.

As for the 4473 - Its nice to see you coming down on the side of the Brady Bunch with background checks. Besides, no 4473 required for private handgun purchases.

" A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed, unless they lie about using cannabis on government form 4473"

Like that?

The government has tracked emergency room admissions for self reported marijuana overdoses.

http://www.samhsa.gov/data/DAWN.aspx

And, people rarely die from alcohol overdoses, per se, but they sure do die a lot from things they do while their behavior is impaired. From my experience, that is true of all illict drugs as well. Mind altering substances wouldn't be so popular if the weren't mind altering, (mind altering being less helpful when engaged in activities where you really need your mind to be unaltered).

certifiedfunds
12-18-2012, 10:54
The government has tracked emergency room admissions for self reported marijuana overdoses.

http://www.samhsa.gov/data/DAWN.aspx

And, people rarely die from alcohol overdoses, per se, but they sure do die a lot from things they do while their behavior is impaired. From my experience, that is true of all illict drugs as well. Mind altering substances wouldn't be so popular if the weren't mind altering, (mind altering being less helpful when engaged in activities where you really need your mind to be unaltered).

Series - I know you're not a medical professional but what is the treatment protocol for a self-reported marijuana overdose?

Here is the CDC info on alcohol poisoning. Doesn't sound rare:

Alcohol Use and Health
There are approximately 80,000 deaths attributable to excessive alcohol use each year in the United States.1 This makes excessive alcohol use the 3r d leading lifestyle-related cause of death for the nation.2 Excessive alcohol use is responsible for 2.3 million years of potential life lost (YPLL) annually, or an average of about 30 years of potential life lost for each death.1 In 2006, there were more than 1.2 million emergency room visits and 2.7 million physician office visits due to excessive drinking.3 The economic costs of excessive alcohol consumption in 2006 were estimated at $223.5 billion.3

randrew379
12-18-2012, 12:00
randrew379

So you're content to get all your info from the guys with a heavy investment in the WOD? I guess the feds told you that I'm a pot smoker too, since I stated that nowhere.

The feds never post any study results that show marijuana use to be benign or beneficial, but they exist.

Since you choose to be informed by the US government, do you accept the CDC's attempts to make gun ownership a public health issue?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Fred Hansen
12-18-2012, 12:58
I am convinced that if not for cognitive dissonance, liberals would have no cognition at all...

Although I'm sure the dope takes the edge off for them. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

certifiedfunds
12-18-2012, 13:03
Marijuana causes acid reflucks

ballr4lyf
12-18-2012, 13:09
@OP: I hate to say "I told you so", but we did tell you before the election that your gun rights were gonna be under attack if Obama is re-elected.

Now that I've gotten that out of my system, welcome back to the club. :wavey:

series1811
12-18-2012, 13:29
Series - I know you're not a medical professional but what is the treatment protocol for a self-reported marijuana overdose?

Here is the CDC info on alcohol poisoning. Doesn't sound rare:

I've never argued alchohol isn't bad (and I imagine that 80,000 alchohol deaths includes deaths clearly attributable to alchohol intoxication, ie. DUI, and drowinings). It is bad and causes a lot of problems in my life experience of dealing with alcohol users and abusers.

But, I have never figured out why pointing out that alchohol is bad, is considered a pro-argument for marijuana, which is also bad, and also causes a lot of problems in my life experience dealing with marijuana users and abusers.

I do realize that other's experience may vary, and I did deal with the worst of the worst most of the time, and that my experience may not make sense to people who haven't.

But, to me, it's like, "Sure, getting cut hurts, but it doesn't hurt as much as getting shot." Okay, that's may be true. So what?

Many alcohol and marijuana users probably have a completely different opinion of what that use does to them, and their quality of life, than the people around them do. That has been my life experience, too.

But, the weirdest thing about marijuana and its users, is that it is such a single issue, that it comes up in so many threads that have nothing to do with dope, this one being as good an example as any.

Fred Hansen
12-18-2012, 13:54
Marijuana causes acid reflucksFluckin' A!

Now if reflucks would simply wipe out the dumb flucks, you can bet that Fred would be a happy boy. It's irresputable.

:elephant: <--- Fred's happy dance the day the fluckheads all collectively fluck off and die.

certifiedfunds
12-18-2012, 13:55
I've never argued alchohol isn't bad (and I imagine that 80,000 alchohol deaths includes deaths clearly attributable to alchohol intoxication, ie. DUI, and drowinings). It is bad and causes a lot of problems in my life experience of dealing with alcohol users and abusers.

But, I have never figured out why pointing out that alchohol is bad, is considered a pro-argument for marijuana, which is also bad, and also causes a lot of problems in my life experience dealing with marijuana users and abusers.

I do realize that other's experience may vary, and I did deal with the worst of the worst most of the time, and that my experience may not make sense to people who haven't.

But, to me, it's like, "Sure, getting cut hurts, but it doesn't hurt as much as getting shot." Okay, that's may be true. So what?

Many alcohol and marijuana users probably have a completely different opinion of what that use does to them, and their quality of life, than the people around them do. That has been my life experience, too.

But, the weirdest thing about marijuana and its users, is that it is such a single issue, that it comes up in so many threads that have nothing to do with dope, this one being as good an example as any.

Series - you brought up alcohol above.

But as to why it is relevant......

1. Alcohol is widely used in varying amounts
2. Alcohol is socially acceptable
3. Alcohol was prohibited once at the federal level via constitutional amendment. No such amendment exists for marijuana and prohibition has yielded pretty much the exact same results.
4. Alcohol is arguably more dangerous to individuals and society than marijuana.

Again, I'm not a marijuana user mostly due to social stigma and legalities (loss of reputation, employment, etc).

G29Reload
12-18-2012, 20:39
This just in...

Or I could remember what exclusionary D-bags that dark side can be and give up on this gun thing altogether. Maybe move to Seattle and grow pot.

I mean, it's not like they'll ever get on board with personal freedoms or anything. Who am I kidding?

Decisions....

This is the one victory of the election. The comedy that ensues when a shallow, narcissistic, vapid, ill-informed, wrong headed communist know it all who knows nothing, who actually preached confiscation of private property from people who had "too much" in an open system that he actually thought was "closed like a hydraulic pump" gets to take a bite of the poop sandwich that he voted for and supported lock stock and barrel.

What's really funny? I had just posted this:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1458533

When I scrolled down after and saw this thread.

Oh the irony.

G29Reload
12-18-2012, 20:44
Marijuana causes acid reflucks

No. It causes doritos and frozen pizza which causes acid reflucks.

series1811
12-19-2012, 10:20
Series - you brought up alcohol above.

But as to why it is relevant......

1. Alcohol is widely used in varying amounts
2. Alcohol is socially acceptable
3. Alcohol was prohibited once at the federal level via constitutional amendment. No such amendment exists for marijuana and prohibition has yielded pretty much the exact same results.
4. Alcohol is arguably more dangerous to individuals and society than marijuana.

Again, I'm not a marijuana user mostly due to social stigma and legalities (loss of reputation, employment, etc).

But, isn't it funny how often illegal drugs get brought up in threads that really have nothing to do with them?

It's hard not to notice that and to not wonder what it means.

NMG26
12-19-2012, 10:37
But, isn't it funny how often illegal drugs get brought up in threads that really have nothing to do with them?

Since illegal drugs are banned nobody is able to get them, and we are protected from them by the law.

Bans don't work.

G26S239
12-19-2012, 10:57
Irrisputibly.

" The people I voted for are trying to take my freedoms, I'm pissed!!"

:rofl: Yes this buyer's remorse is hilarious.

series1811
12-19-2012, 11:03
Since illegal drugs are banned nobody is able to get them, and we are protected from them by the law.

Bans don't work.

Exactly. Look how many people here have obviously lied when purchasing firearms, who are obvious illegal drug users?

G29Reload
12-19-2012, 11:26
:rofl: Yes this buyer's remorse is hilarious.

Yep. Ironic poster is ironic. And several other things i cant repeat here due to TOS.

Someone call the wahhhhambulance.

Gunhaver
12-19-2012, 11:27
Exactly. Look how many people here have obviously lied when purchasing firearms, who are obvious illegal drug users?

Who's lied? I've never filled out a 447WTFever form in my life. All my gun's are FTF purchased from friends or gifted to me. And I'm not even trying to be sneaky or avoid anything. I just got introduced to shooting by generous people.

certifiedfunds
12-19-2012, 11:49

Well the nutpie brought it up in the OP along with gay marriage, dead babies and a v6 Malibu so :dunno:

For me, its a political delineator......lets me know where people stand on the Constitution and individual liberty. Identifies the progressive neocons rather quickly. Another one is the unconstitutionality of the national parks system. Maybe we should switch to that one for a while. :supergrin:

G29Reload
12-19-2012, 11:51
Who's lied? I've never filled out a 447WTFever form in my life. All my gun's are FTF purchased from friends or gifted to me. And I'm not even trying to be sneaky or avoid anything. I just got introduced to shooting by generous people.

So? Youre still a scofflaw as the conditions stated therein still apply. If youre a doper youre a prohibited person even if you havent been caught or bought privately.

certifiedfunds
12-19-2012, 11:54
So? Youre still a scofflaw as the conditions stated therein still apply. If youre a doper youre a prohibited person even if you havent been caught or bought privately.

Well the whole prohibited class thing is a crock of **** anyway. "Shall not be infringed" The founders used and cultivated cannabis yet they managed not to write cannabis users out of the RTKBA.

series1811
12-19-2012, 13:08
"It's like deja vue, all over again." Yogi Berra, talking about this thread. :supergrin:

JAS104
12-19-2012, 13:14
:popcorn: Fun.

Gunhaver
12-19-2012, 14:27

I was addressing the accusation of lying. I think the real chump here would be the one that thinks he has (or even does) follow every single law on the books just because a bunch of old guys decided it was the best thing for them. Have fun with that. I'll have fun my way.

whoflungdo
12-19-2012, 14:36

Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark...

concretefuzzynuts
12-19-2012, 16:25
This started as a post here and then I expanded it for some FB twerps bleating on about more gun laws.

"We are all screwed and here's why. We are all so collectively narcissistic that we have this crazy idea that personal choices and alternate lifestyles which only harm those looking to be offended that day can be voted on by everyone that won't be affected.

So we argue about it with each other and make lame excuses why my vices and lifestyle are right and yours are wrong and watch confusedly while our collective freedoms are eaten away from both ends by the politicians, lawyers and courts we throw at each other with the certainty that we are right and they are wrong and the world should suffer the consequences of my particular freedoms, but not their's.

If millions of babies die from abortion every year then that's acceptable because of a woman't absolute domain over her body and I argue for that right even though I'll never have to make that choice. If millions are killed by alcohol and drugs in autos, industrial and home accidents and domestic disputes then that's acceptable because of an adult's right to choose what they put into their own bodies and I argue for that right even though I can't stand the taste of alcohol or how it makes most people act. If millions are killed in non-drug related auto and motorcycle accidents then that's acceptable because of a person's right to own a vehicle that goes 2 or 3 times the highest speed limit in the country and I argue for that right even though I only drive a V6 4 door Malibu. If millions have to suffer the indignity of seeing the government recognize gay people as equals in marriage contracts then that's acceptable because of gay people's right to be treated equally by a government that they pay a proportionally larger amount of taxes into. I argue for that right even though I'm not gay and am not particularly fond of marriage.

Those are all rights that I'll never use so why should I care if they go away? Those are my leftist friends rights. I don't need a single one of them but I back them up every time simply because I can see that the opposition is motivated by fear and ignorance and are flat ****ing wrong on every one of those issues. And I do so enjoy setting them straight. But now it's your turn.

Ohhhhh, but this gun thing... That's another thing entirely. That's my baby. You just don't mess with my high capacity Glock magazines or my automatic rifle's evil black looks. That's something I hold as dear as you hold your uterus, your street bike, your bottle of hooch or your legal gay marriage.

So now I'm faced with the very real probability of having to turn my back on all this good work I've done for the left and heading back over to The Darkside from which I came. Back to voting straight republican tickets in every election just to ensure gun rights because so many Democrats can't acknowledge them even with a firm pro-2A SCOTUS decision on record. Back to pointing out, talking about, posting about and commenting about leftist stupidity, ineptitude and hypocrisy much more than I point it out on the right .

Why?

Because I'm just like you. My rights mean more to me than your rights do. I mean, you people have me thinking I maybe should have voted for Romney instead of Obama for Christ's sake (not that it would have made a bit of difference). That how bad this gun control idiocy is getting.

Gun control is the left's rape. It's that thing that you should never open your mouths about because you're ignorant to the facts and you sound like imbeciles to everyone who knows better. Keep it up fellas and we'll be looking at Santorum/Palin 2016 and the hysteria over the reactionary gun bans that everybody's been predicting will push them straight into office.

Interesting post. I am one who likes to see the thought process of the left and the right for that matter. I hear complaints of the faithful when the obvious policy enforcement happens.

The left is anti gun and have been, now they have the power to enforce their belief. And now, those who vote left but own the same guns the left is out to ban, complain about what they voted for. It would be laughable if it wasn't such a serious subject.

Maybe people should consider the Libertarian party. Forget the hypocrisy and restrictions both R and D have in their agendas.

Gundude
12-19-2012, 16:38
@OP: I hate to say "I told you so", but we did tell you before the election that your gun rights were gonna be under attack if Obama is re-elected.

Now that I've gotten that out of my system, welcome back to the club. :wavey:Well done. You've correctly predicted 84 of the last 2 gun grabbing attempts.

whoflungdo
12-19-2012, 17:38
Well done. You've correctly predicted 84 of the last 2 gun grabbing attempts.

Why not just man up and say you were wrong?

G29Reload
12-20-2012, 02:43

Lieberals statist communists are generally incapable of this. He's advocated for confiscation of wealth and private property out of sheer jealousy, government by envy, literally as though he thought the civil society should be run like a clique of greedy, catty teenage girls. You want rational responses and honesty from this?

G29Reload
12-20-2012, 02:55
I was addressing the accusation of lying. I think the real chump here would be the one that thinks he has (or even does) follow every single law on the books

Don't know anyone like that. Personally I at least follow the ones relevant to retaining my right to own firearms. Keep it below a felony at LEAST! :rofl:

just because a bunch of old guys decided

Oh, so old guys are irrelevant? They're discredited because they're old? How do you know who wrote each law?

As in your usual intellectual dishonesty, it sounds more like who may have written a particular law ( you don't have a damn clue who wrote what) has nothing to do with what actually occurs, which is you follow what you feel like following and ignore the rest. The age of the laws author is a red herring, a completely idiotic childish attempt at diversion from the fact that you do as you please and ignore the law entirely on whatever whim you feel at the moment. You generally come off as lawless and thumbing your nose at anything you don't like or can get away with.

Nice try.:upeyes:

Cavalry Doc
12-20-2012, 07:26
I was addressing the accusation of lying. I think the real chump here would be the one that thinks he has (or even does) follow every single law on the books just because a bunch of old guys decided it was the best thing for them. Have fun with that. I'll have fun my way.

This seems like you are admitting to illegal behavior.

Don't be surprised if some one checks in on that claim.

Good luck. :whistling:

whoflungdo
12-20-2012, 08:40
Lieberals statist communists are generally incapable of this. He's advocated for confiscation of wealth and private property out of sheer jealousy, government by envy, literally as though he thought the civil society should be run like a clique of greedy, catty teenage girls. You want rational responses and honesty from this?

Nope, just wanted to point out again the hypocrisy..

series1811
12-20-2012, 09:22

If Obama voters were capable of that, Obama would not have been elected to a second term.

Gunhaver
12-20-2012, 09:26
This seems like you are admitting to illegal behavior.

Don't be surprised if some one checks in on that claim.

Good luck. :whistling:

No illegal behavior here. Funny how it works but I know you're familiar with the process. You know how California has restrictions on "assault rifles" and all manner of requirements for what can't be attached to them? Well, people find legal means to get around the pistol grips and removable magazine laws with different stocks and bullet buttons.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g52/elrojo14/TPF/u15.jpg

It's kind of like that. There are ways around silly laws. With the issue you guys keep touting it's as simple as not getting caught with guns and MJ at the same time. I don't ever need to be in possession of any contraband because I'm not really that into it. There are parties and workshops and gatherings (puppetry club is waaaaay cooler than I thought it would be and they do so love having a real machinist to help with all their animatronic tinkerings) where people smoke and I've always been mostly a scavenger smoker so that works out well since I'm a once or twice a month smoker at most. Why bother holding when so many others are happy to do it for me? All I gotta do is be fun to hang out with and it's "problem solved".

You'll never find that stuff in my house. Too much risk involved in being in possession. But if you really think it's a big deal, if you really are trying to scare me with the dark predictions of my imprisonment then consider this. When people test positive for pot during employment screenings and other non-probationary reasons then are they reported to the feds for having used an illegal substance so the government can quickly mobilize and apprehend the dangerous offender and then check out if he owns any guns?

"Hurry officer! He's across the street at the gas station staring at the Toblerone rack and they have like 6 different kinds now so you've only got about 10 min. before he makes up his mind!"

:rofl:

No. People like me are nowhere near "on the radar" of any law enforcement agency. Hell, the government even backed way the hell off of Chris Williams after they had a conviction. Why would they do that? They had him right where they wanted him and the public backlash over a 90 year sentence for growing medical MJ legally was just too much to deal with so they backed off.

The tides aren't turning. They done turned. It's just a matter of policy leveling out across the country. Meanwhile there are places like Washington, Colorado, Columbia, MO. and every single Med. MJ state for all the "dopers" to hide out in as every panty in the country gradually falls out of a wad and the rest of you come around on this issue. Forgive me if I go about life a little less concerned about the issue than I was a few years ago.

whoflungdo
12-20-2012, 09:32
If Obama voters were capable of that, Obama would not have been elected to a second term.

True, but it wasn't for them. They are like my ex-wife. Never admit anything wrong or was their fault, deflect and blame the accuser..

It was more for the fence sitters, lurkers, and others that may buy into the lies. I'm doing my community service.

Gunhaver
12-20-2012, 09:35
Don't know anyone like that. Personally I at least follow the ones relevant to retaining my right to own firearms. Keep it below a felony at LEAST! :rofl:

Oh, so old guys are irrelevant? They're discredited because they're old? How do you know who wrote each law?

As in your usual intellectual dishonesty, it sounds more like who may have written a particular law ( you don't have a damn clue who wrote what) has nothing to do with what actually occurs, which is you follow what you feel like following and ignore the rest. The age of the laws author is a red herring, a completely idiotic childish attempt at diversion from the fact that you do as you please and ignore the law entirely on whatever whim you feel at the moment. You generally come off as lawless and thumbing your nose at anything you don't like or can get away with.

Nice try.:upeyes:

Dude, you follow the laws you agree with and I'll do the same. If the particular laws you've chosen to follow make you feel like a better person than me then have fun with that. I couldn't care less what you do or think. :wavey:

G29Reload
12-20-2012, 10:33
Dude, you follow the laws you agree with and I'll do the same. If the particular laws you've chosen to follow make you feel like a better person than me then have fun with that. I couldn't care less what you do or think. :wavey:

Transparently phony way to avoid the argument in losing it.

Laws arent there for you to feel good about yourself. Theyre there to maintain an ordered society so things dont go awry when you leave your moms basement.

cmzx9r
12-20-2012, 11:27
Post delited

Gunhaver
12-20-2012, 12:05
Transparently phony way to avoid the argument in losing it.

Laws arent there for you to feel good about yourself. Theyre there to maintain an ordered society so things dont go awry when you leave your moms basement.

So are you trying to convince me or just making yourself feel better about your world view falling around you because you're only good at one of those things.

Hey, here's a law...

"When approaching an intersection by car, a driver is required to signal crossing the street with the following procedure: Driver must exit the vehicle with a shotgun, look both ways and fire 3 shots into the air before proceeding back to their vehicle to cross the intersection."

Still on the books in Wichita, KS. and a few other places. Why isn't it being obeyed still? Is it OK that people ignore it because it's stupid?

Mom's basement, :rofl: They need to come up with a Godwin type name for that argument to show that it's one of those places that somebody goes when they got nothing else. But it doesn't matter. If MJ was legalized nationwide tomorrow and treated just like alcohol you'd still be bleating on about how it's the bane of society and needs to be stopped and everyone that uses it and owns firearms is a danger while chugging your beers and cleaning your guns. Law wouldn't mean squat to you.

I'm really glad that guys like you have become the minority and your effectiveness reduced to entertainment value for the rest of us.

QNman
12-20-2012, 12:38

Personally, I liked your OP. Enough I may repost it "from a liberal acquaintance" on my own FB (with your permission, of course). And I genuinely hope it has the desired effect.

Though I must offer two criticisms; first, when electing Obama, you HAD to see this as a possibility. I, among many others here, have warned of this 1,000 times.

Second, NO ONE PERSON can "push" you left or right. If your ideals are so flimsy that another can determine which side of the fence you fall, you may want to stiffen your opinions a little bit.

QNman
12-20-2012, 12:48
<snip>

"Hurry officer! He's across the street at the gas station staring at the Toblerone rack and they have like 6 different kinds now so you've only got about 10 min. before he makes up his mind!"

I had to :rofl: at that. Funny as hell.

Meanwhile there are places like Washington, Colorado, Columbia, MO. and every single Med. MJ state for all the "dopers" to hide out in as every panty in the country gradually falls out of a wad and the rest of you come around on this issue.

Say what now? I don't believe pot is legal in Columbia, MO... Is it?

Gunhaver
12-20-2012, 13:41
I don't chastise you for being different. I chastise you for believing that you have a right to stick your hand in my pocket and take whatever you want. Now, your politicians are sticking their hands in again and taking out my gun.

You can't support a big, powerful, collectivist state and not expect that at some point your guns will draw the ire of the collectivists.

Every Marxist government made private gun ownership illegal. That's you folks. YOU may personally like guns but you fail to understand how the balance of your political philosophy contradicts that.

Don't flatter yourself. I'm not the least bit interested in your pocket unless you're a multi-millionaire and you've been holding out on us. And you don't know what I really want or really believe, you've just patched together a Marxist big gov hippy persona for me based on some posts I've made on a forum where I like to express mostly opinions that poke at the rantings of the more extreme rightys that grumble up and down the halls of GT.

series1811
12-20-2012, 13:45

Was it legal when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Gunhaver
12-20-2012, 13:45

It's a college town so they bumped possession of small amounts down to a violation like a parking ticket. No court hassles, just pay your $100 fine and go. It's basically a tax on being stupid enough to get caught which is great. I'm sure they've done the same thing in cities all over the country.

G29Reload
12-20-2012, 13:46
So are you trying to convince me or just making yourself feel better about your world view falling around you because you're only good at one of those things.

Just responding with facts as best i can to the insane non-Sequitors and false premises you keep positing.

Dont chug beer or consume any alcohol when handling firearms, so another false premise of yours goes in the dumpster. You apparently just sit around making things up. Undecided on pot laws but following the existing ones for the time being.

As to your intersection law, im not biting so troll.elsewhere.

G29Reload
12-20-2012, 13:55
Don't flatter yourself. I'm not the least bit interested in your pocket unless you're a multi-millionaire and you've been holding out on us. And you don't know what I really want or really believe, you've just patched together a Marxist big gov hippy persona for me based on some posts I've made on a forum where I like to express mostly opinions that poke at the rantings of the more extreme rightys that grumble up and down the halls of GT.

You are a supporter of those who would stick their hand in our pocket even if.youre not doing.it personally. Specious claim if ever i saw one.

As for "holding out" on someone that presumes youre owed something in the first.place which youre not. You just think you are cause youre either criminal, lazy sor greedy, envious of others things. You got what you have because your priority is sitting around and smoking pot while the rich are being productive. Just because youre jealous of their abundance doesnt entitle you to any of it, even if you seek cover in the shade of the long tentacles of the government commmitting the theft for you.

Gunhaver
12-20-2012, 14:07
Personally, I liked your OP. Enough I may repost it "from a liberal acquaintance" on my own FB (with your permission, of course). And I genuinely hope it has the desired effect.

Though I must offer two criticisms; first, when electing Obama, you HAD to see this as a possibility. I, among many others here, have warned of this 1,000 times.

Second, NO ONE PERSON can "push" you left or right. If your ideals are so flimsy that another can determine which side of the fence you fall, you may want to stiffen your opinions a little bit.

Sure you can repost it. When electing Obama I knew he was a lock from the moment that Herman Cain hit the mat and my state was called for Obama before I went to the polls. I just did it to poke at the Romneyphiles here. Seriously, I was pulling for Paul. I thought a doctor that actually cares about people would be a refreshing change from yet another millionaire lawyer or businessman that only cares about money. He's the least "fakeass" politician I've ever seen while ironically Romney was the worst.

And it wasn't another that pushed me anywhere really, it was a very huge crowd. I can't keep voting for a party that only really has one of my rights in mind while the other side has all of the others. If they would actually BE small gov conservatives and drop the morality police act then that would be eeeeexcellent but they won't. So I'm going to work on getting the left to realize that if they can embrace gun rights like they do all others then it will knock so many of the 1/3 that own guns off the fence onto their side that it'll be hello permanent super majority.

Baba Louie
12-20-2012, 14:27
Laws arent there for you to feel good about yourself. Theyre there to maintain an ordered society so things dont go awry when you leave your moms basement.Actually written so a legal tool is available to prosecute those caught committing an act that flies against the crystallized prejudices of the local community.
...off the fence onto their side that it'll be hello permanent super majority.Not a good thing to have a single party system of Marge In Charge. Especially if its the Mommy party. Forced cradle to grave management of society is NOT a Good Thing. Ever.

If guns are banned, if they could be banned, then the weak simply fall prey to the strong, the old to the young, the meek to the powerful. This is what the Democrat party wants. Cradle to Grave, male and female, all dependant upon them in the role of the single source permanent super majority strong controlling the governed weak and meek (tho' I'm sure the Repubs would not say No to that arrangement either truth be told).
It's basically a tax on being stupid enough to get caught which is great.Kiss away any gun rights as a result of getting caught. (addicted to or unlawful user of...)

Electrikkoolaid
12-20-2012, 14:38
No. People like me are nowhere near "on the radar" of any law enforcement agency.

Until, like a friend of mine, you are involved in a fatal motor vehicle accident while completely sober. (car vs. motorcycle)

During the routine blood draw, the state lab finds THC from some pot you smoked (as a "casual user") the previous week.

You are charged with felony "Death by motor vehicle" and spend three years fighting it. During that time you loose your career, marriage, and house -- and a lot of legal expenses.

Because you're "not on the radar".

Until you are.