St Louis police chief [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : St Louis police chief

Caver 60
12-17-2012, 09:24
Never thought I'd live to see the day. This coming from St louis. Hope it hasn't already been posted somewhere.

BTW I completely agree as long as it includes any teacher permit holder who wants to carry and perhaps given some additional training. But the training must not be another armed flight deck officer program that few humans can pass.

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2012/12/17/county-police-chief-recommends-arming-school-personnel/

Fear Night
12-17-2012, 10:03
I agree with the Chief, but I know this would never fly. Not right now, at least. It's about as likely to pass as a gun grabber calling for door-to-door confiscations.

I think we should start by placing an on-site resource officer at every school. From reading the details of the CT shooting, once Adam saw the responding police officers running towards him, he immediately ran into a classroom and offed himself. Shooters do not want to be met with armed resistance; they want to be the only one in control.

An on-site police officer at Sandy Hook would have been able to respond to any classroom within what, a 30 second sprint at the most? How long did it take Adam to gain entry into the front door, shoot the administrators, and enter the first classroom? Probably more than 30 seconds.

The magnitude of this situation could have been greatly reduced if Adam met armed resistance sooner. Let's start with trained police officers on-site before armed teachers. Baby steps.

GRIMLET
12-17-2012, 11:05
What makes the flight deck officer program so difficult to pass?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Gunnut 45/454
12-17-2012, 12:54
And how long did they arm pilot program last? Until the Dumocrat gun grabbers gutted it by not funding it! It's is clear that gun free zones don't prevent any crimes! They enable crime! Time after time we see the criminal/ murdering SOB's use the fact that legal ccw/oc area's are not where they target to do there evil deeds. It's always where the gun free zones are ! Now we see the push to make it much easier for criminals to do the evil - lets ban all firearms!! The criminal/murdering SOB's are all for giving them free rein in do there deeds. So the question is America are you wanting the right to be a victim or the freedom to protect your life and property! I for one will never give up my right to be free and armed!:supergrin:

pipedreams
12-17-2012, 13:04
Good for him most at that level worry a being PC and would never say it even if the believed it.

"Fitch said the killing will not be stopped by legislation or laws. “If there’s somebody that’s really hellbent on doing something like this, they’re not going to care what the law is.”"

wingryder
12-17-2012, 13:08
And how long did they arm pilot program last? Until the Dumocrat gun grabbers gutted it by not funding it!

I wasn't aware that it went away. I see FFDO's ever day.

Gunnut 45/454
12-17-2012, 13:51
wingryder
And what did Obamao do soon after take office in '08! Reduced the program even tried to eliminate all together. Congress forced many new restrictions into the program, stopped/cut funding.

MoCop
12-18-2012, 05:29
Chief is right. And given the mindset of the individual teacher, I don't see a problem with it. Also, at least there is one public official who is not blaming inanimate objects for the tragedy that occurred last Friday. Maybe others should follow his lead.